Rain - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rain - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rain

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rain - Page 10 Empty Re: Rain

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Robert and Kate spent the evening just enjoying their granddaughters and took it upon themselves to feed them when it got to be their bedtimes. They took the girls upstairs together and changed them and put them into their cribs. They came back down and just sat watching the game.

Finally, Khaat and Michael groaned both at the same time. It was a stalemate and they knew it.

"Damn," Michael said. "There's no way we can win--either of us."

"I know. And I was so looking forward to beating you," Khaat sighed.

"Draw, then?" he sighed.

"I suppose so," she said sadly.

"Never mind, Dear," he pinched her cheek affectionately, "I shall be happy to skunk you tomorrow."

"We are going to teach Jess how to beat you tomorrow," Khaat yawned.

"Khaat," Brian said gently. "You really do need some sleep. A good nights rest would do you good. You've had a long couple of days."

"So have you," she said.

"You two go ahead. We'll handle it," Robert said.

"You sure?" Khaat asked.

"Positive. You both look almost as old as we are," Robert said. Kate elbowed him hard.

"Alright," Brian said, rising. "If you'll excuse us then, goodnight, all." He led Khaat up to bed. Robert and Kate rose and went over the the chess board.

"So, how shall we divide the partners, then?" Kate asked.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Jess loked at both and sighed in away she was glad it was a stale mate " I guess your both equal in this game this time around" she said and smiled as Kate moved to face Michael " ow im havuing way to much fun watching right now , besides im a little tired my self to play , its been along stormy day and it looks like a stormy night too " she said and sighed looking out side as the sky lit up once again and she sighed " I so wish it would blow out " she said and shook her head as she turned back " so are you two having a match ?" sxhe asked hoping to lkearn more from this game.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 10:02 pm

"Chess is a game of strategy, Jess," Robert said. "What one gets out of it is equal to what one puts into it. Children can be taught to play chess and their games are shorter because they are immensely less complicated. The more concerned about strategy one becomes and the more seriously one plays, the more involved it all gets. And the longer it takes. The reason we enjoy it when we take it seriously is because we enjoy the challenge. We enjoy having to think. To try to outwit the other opponent. It requires a certain amount of thinking ahead--about what the most likely outcome will be in the long run."

"And strategy is, above all else, Robert's strongest asset," Michael said seriously. "Its why he's Minister and the rest of us merely play chess. Robert is one of those rare men who can do it on a greater scale and usually keep the damage to a minimum for all of us. Chess teaches us many valuable real life lessons. Thats why we wanted Khaat and Brian to know how to play chess from the time they could figure out one piece from another. Come sit. Let's teach you the pieces and show you the basics of how its done."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Jess moved to michael face him and next to kate as she looked down at the board and the pieces each loke dlike each other " ow so this helps him stay one move in front of the bad guys and politicians thought theres not much diferance as far as I can see " she said and smirked " so what do I do first?" she asked looking around the board she saw small peices at the front and larger ones at the back and sighed " this will be over very quickly " she said and smiled at him over the chess board.

Jack moved forward now watching " could be or not depending on how well you play " he said softly and smiled at her " you'll do well jess I know you catch on quick on other things " he said and caught a look of ' quite while your ahead ' from her and he chuckled " guess i'll sit quiet " he said and sat back siping his wiskey on the rocks.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 10:38 pm

"The goal of the game is to protect your king," Robert said, pulling up a chair beside Michael. He intended to enjoy this battle of women against the men. He and Kate often spent long winter nights in chess battles. Kate kept her chess playing abilities a secret. He looked at her and she had a perfectly straight face with only a ladylike smile. "Consider all the other pieces to be military pieces geared for the sole purpose of shielding the king. If you use it that way, it will teach you a great deal about body guarding and the other things we do. The difference for us in real life is that I have determined that, for your purposes, the King you are protecting is Khaat and my granddaughters. Once you make that analogy, you will find a lot to be more clear."

"In a very real life sense, we all have something or someone that we would protect like that, to the degree that we would sacrifice all else," Michael said, watching the board reset itself. "For some, it is some material possession or money itself. For others it is their families and loved ones, and still for others, they are the king in their own game of life. Where we start is with a move that minimizes damage. Does very little harm but advances our own directives. If we can take out a member from the other side in the process, sometimes that is very desirable It depends on how quickly we want to win."

"Ladies first," Robert said, looking directly eye to eye with Kate. Kate and Robert and Michael all explained the different pieces and the various directions and limitations they had in moving and how it impacted the game itself. Kate was reserving the opening move for herself. She enjoyed that beyond all other portions of the game. She thought her move over carefully and decided to use one she hadn't used with Robert before

"Alright, Jess," Kate said. "Let's show them what we're made of, shall we?" And with her opening move she managed to capture a piece from the men's pieces. She looked at Jess and smiled. "Let's see how they like that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Jess got a feeling Kate was a lot more knowalgable on this paticuler subject than she was leting on and so sat and watched as she explained the game " ah right ok " she said to kate and watched her make her first move her eyes focused down on the board as she waited for Michaels to make hism move she watched Robert move to sit next to him also. Now she knew she was in trouble , she knew he was good and bluffs and so knew inside she wanted to do her best she sat biting her bottom lip as she thought and watched the moves .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Michael was about to make a move, and Robert stopped him. "No," Robert said, making MIchael replace the piece. Robert's eyes had never left Kate's face. "Wait."

"What for?" Michael frowned, looking at Robert. Robert looked at Kate.

"You've been boning up," he said to her.

"I have," she replied, smiling demurely at him. Robert chose a different piece and a totally different move altogether. Kate looked at the move and the white piece Robert had managed to obliterate in the process. She looked at Jess. "We're not out yet, Jess. We plan on loosing the pawns, and that's all he got in that. They're expendable." She studied the board carefully and she found an opening he had not seen whatsoever. She studied the board a moment longer, double checking what would happen if she made such a move. "Always double check what the consequences of your actions will be before you make them, Jess," Kate said quietly.

"Make your move if you're brave enough," Robert said to Kate quietly, challenging her. She picked up her piece and took out very successfully, with one of her pawns, his queen. His eyes grew wide with surprise, being blindsided entirely to the vulnerability he had left her in. Michael and Robert both groaned loudly.

"You idiot!" Michael snapped at Robert.

"I know, I know," Robert sighed. "Well done, Ladies. Well done. The game is not yet over, though."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Jess watched them and chuckled at Kates move taking out there peice she nodded as Kate explained about losing their pawns , kinda like sending in foot soilders before the cavelry , right?" she said trying to make sence of the game she could not help chuckle at Robert and Michael slightl srgument at kates move on the board her smile came all to easliy as she thought about how she would be totaly wiped out in seconds if kate was not there to help her .

Jack chuckled and finished his drink placing the empty glass down on a small table beside him " nice move kate " he said seeing ehr move and smiled at mnichael and Robert " so how you going to copunter that? " he asked leaning forward to watch.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 11:48 pm

"Well," Robert said, studying the board, "For now, I shall do nothing."

"What?" Michael said.

"Patience, Young Warrior," Robert teased, making a rather small move with a rook.

Kate frowned. She had anticipated retaliation. This made her rethink things. Robert's attack had not come. She knew it would come, but this would have been a handy place to do it, and he had not taken advantage of it on purpose.

"You're a sly man, Robert Lupin," she said.

"Thank you. I've worked hard to develop that," he laughed. She studied the board carefully, and she worked on sending Jess messages about why certain movements either were worthwhile viable possibilities or why they would later prove to be rather unhealthy for them. A seer teaching a seer against two non-seers was a rather stacked deck, but it was all in fun after all. She deliberately sacrificed a pawn in order to force him to move his knight. She watched him study the board, sigh heavily and reluctantly move his knight. That move allowed her to put them directly in line to capture their king. She made her move.

"Check," she said, warning them that their king was in danger.

"What? Where!" Michael demanded. He began examining the board closely. He groaned loudly. "Ozzy! What's the matter with you? Abbey can play better!"

"You think?" Robert looked at him, laughing. Kate looked at Jess with a smile.

"That, Jess, is the sound of two grown men in a panic," Kate smiled.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun May 15, 2011 12:35 am

Jess chuckled at Kates move and nodded " I see " she said and gave a long yawn " ow boy I guess chess is a mental game as im bushed " she said looking at them all " Im sorry I guess its time I headed off to bed myself " jack stood and took her hand " thanks for showing me the game Kate should be intresting tomorrow " she said and grinned jack wrapped his arm around her and walked her to the door " ow Kate good move buy the way you so got to teach me that " she said.

Jck chuckled and stood up wrapping his arm around her he could see she was tired and he knew if he didn't make her to sleep she nevr would and now he moved her to the door " jess talk about it tomorow , night every one " he said and then scooped her up carrying her to the bed room.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top