Rain - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rain - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rain

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rain - Page 9 Empty Re: Rain

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Michael finished making the drinks and sat down at the board. He filled his pipe with a special wizarding blend of pipe tobacco designed to not be harmful to pregnant women. It was made of comforting herbs, and it had a deep, nutty, almost cinnamon-y scent to it. It was designed to have s soothing effect not only to the smoker but anyone else who smelled the smoke. Khaat had no idea where Michael had found it, but she found that the very aroma of it, so close to her face, took away every trace of the residual anxiety from her very busy and uncomfortable couple of days in the wet and the cold.

Khaat looked back and saw even her father had decided to give in to its gentle effects and lean back in his own chair and rub away some of the ache in his head, by rubbing his temples.

"I don't know where you got that, MIchael," Kate sighed, stretching her sore muscles from all the work, "but do get Robert some, would you?"

"I got it in Bangladesh," Michael said.

"When were you in Bangladesh?" Robert frowned.

"Never you mind," Michael said

Angus smelled the tobacco and said, "Oh, I know that stuff. Some of the clients on my yacht smoke that in the evenings. It helps them sleep, they say. Alright. Lets start by toasting some nuts." He drew out a couple of cookie sheets and spread a single layer of nuts on each one. One was with cashews for some cashew brittle. The other was a sheet of mixed nuts for the candy coated ones. "That won't take more than a minute maybe two. The minute you can smell warm, toasty nuts, take them out. They can burn and get bitter really quickly. Then we'll make a couple of sugar glazes. Thats' all there is to it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Jess smelt the pip smoke and sighed smiling at its aroma " its a pleasnt aroma , makes me wish Jack smoked a pipe " she said and chuckled but she smelt the sweet aroma of nuts and nodded " right I smell it " moving to the oven she took out the tray with them on and placed them on the counter for Angus to finish the snacks. Jess watched Jack and smiled " hes brash and sometimes anoying but I still love him " she said and smiled as she sat siping her drink as she waited for Angus to do the snacks.

Jess moved back to the living room feling warm inside from the firewhisky she sat with jack and watched michael and Khaat " so who moved first black or white ?" she asked sitting cross legged on the couch that ws now closer to the board so she could watch.

Jack chuckled and watched her walk in " well if you want me to take up smoking..." he said but shook his head " nope sorry I just can't do it sorry jess as much as you like pipe smoke I won't start " he said and folded his arms across his chest.

Jess turned to him and kissed him " thats ok I love you just the way your are " she said and lent on him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 6:49 pm

"Jack's alright," Angus smiled. "Part of what a lot of men keep about them is their little boy stuff. I guess I have some of that myself. I don't get to let it out much, but its there. About the only time I really get to let it out is when Brian and I or Robert or I train together. But given Khaat's injuries and the fact that they were caused because Robert reacted so strongly, so instantly, my guess is that we're going to be training even harder so that we don't do that kneejerk stuff to anyone ourselves. I feel bad for both of them. Thats a father daughter team who truly love each other. And she knew exactly what she was doing when she fired on him. But I can't blame Michael for being angry, though. Robert chose well when he chose Michael to be her godfather. Michael has taken his duty to her very seriously right from the start." He'd been talking while making two sugar glazes. One was a brown sugar glaze for the mixed nuts and it had just enough spice in it to give it the faintest hint of a bit of heat.

The second pot held a brittle mixture. "Watch out, Jess. These are both really hot. I wouldn't want you burned. Take the brown sugar mixture, toss it with the nuts, spread them back out on the cookie sheet in a single layer and bake it for a few minutes to set the glaze on the nuts, please. Just a few minutes should do it. I'll handle the brittle. That's really dangerous stuff."

He tossed in the baking soda, watched the brittle mixture froth and rise and stirred it quickly to make it lighter quickly and to keep it from frothing over the top of the kettle. He added the toasted cashews, mixed the nuts into the brittle mixture and spread the whole works out on a greased cookie sheet and set it on a piece of marble to cool. "When it cools, we'll crack the whole lot of it into pieces," He told her. "When that stuff you're working on cools off, we'll just toss those into bowls for everyone to enjoy. Don't tell them I added just a wee bit of heat. We do it all the time on the boad. No one ever really notices. They just notice they get a little thirsty," he laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Jess smiled and nodded watching him and doing as he said she picked up a tea towel and made sure she wasn't splashed buy the hot mixture once mixed she poured out on the tray and smoothed it out so it was even then poped it back in the over for a few minets. After a moment she took them back out and left it to cool again . Once cold she took a tea towel and laid it over it nd brik it with a meat tenderizing malte then porued it into a bowl taking apice she smiled " it is good the heat makes it i think" she said and smiled at Angus " she thought to her self she would have to rember that recipy for when she had people over but then sighed , when would she have the time.but she chuckled she could use it as a snack for herself when Jack was away on a mission.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 7:31 pm

"I say we serve it," Angus smiled, setting spells for the kitchen to clean itself. He made sure the two snacks they made were broken at least into 2 or 3 bowls per recipe so they could be set round the room. Then as an afterthought, he got out two arrowroot cookies for the babies and took them to the girls while the bowls followed him through the air.

"Come here, you!" Michael motioned a bowl of the sugar coated mixed nuts. The bowl zipped over to Michael obediently, making Khaat laugh. Michael put the bowl on the game table, waiting for Khaat to make her opening move. She studied her white pieces carefully and then dictated the move to the pieces. Michael frowned looking at the board.

"What the hell sort of opening move is that?" he asked her.

"Hm..." Robert said, thinking and looking. "Very innovate. This should be very interesting. Its either going to work very well for her, or she'll die very easily in this."

"Looked like suicide to me," Michael said.

"No,no. This is my daughter we're talking about. She won't give up on the first move, my friend," Robert laughed, trying a couple of the nuts. "Nice job, whichever of you did the mixed nuts. I haven't had that for a very long, long time."

"The brittle is good too," Kate said, nibbling on a piece of cashew brittle.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Jess watched Khaat move her peice and wondered what she was doing she moved and sat with jack watching them both " what move was that ?" she whispered to Robert as she poped another piece in her mouth of mixe nuts " I think that was Angus " she said to michael softly as she wait4ed for his next move her own mind thinking of moves he could make or ones Khaat could do and she glanced at Kate wondering if when they were finished she could learn to play it.

Jack held Jess around her waist as she watched the match he moved closer to her and kissed her neck chukaling as she jumped and frowned at him " its a game to enjoy jess not to be taken so seriosly " he said feling her lean back on him more his arms completely around her as he rested his ahed on her shoulders enjoying how she felt in his arms and how he'd threw his own fault had almost lost it this strengthened in his mind his vow to never use his ware side again. He loved holding her and kissed her again.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Khaat had several ideas about what she thought her godfather might do in response, but to her surprise, he did a move that was something so totally counter to anything she had anticipated that she frowned deeply. Robert roared in utter laughter.

"And the contest is on, I do believe," he laughed. "Well, now what, my dear?" he asked Khaat.

"I'm thinking," she said, studying the board. She studied very carefully all of the most likely moves, progressing to the ones that were the more unlikely to the least likely. And then she did a move that was totally her own. Something totally counter to what she knew Michael would have wanted her to do. He looked at the board, puffed on his pipe and then took a sip of his firewhiskey.

"You're planning on making me think, aren't you?" he asked.

"Yes," she said. She took a few of the mixed nuts and tried them. "Oh, great job on the snacks, you two. It wouldn't be a chess game for us without them. Thank you."

"You're very welcome," Angus smiled. Khaat looked back at Michael.

"Now what are you going to do?" she asked, trying to suppress a grin.

"I don't have the foggiest idea--yet," he replied, studying.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Jess smiled " yeah your welcome " she said fixed on the game infront of her as she studyied both of their moves trying to learn them or figure out how to make moves her self " would one of you be able to teach me chess after ether of you win?" she asked looking at both knowing it might be a time before they finished and sat back against jack who she found had wrapped his arms around her she moved her hands to hold his her finger lacing threw his and she smiled at how comfortable she now felt a she watched the two of them the concenrtration on both peoples face as they played the game.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Khaat knew right away this time what she wanted to do, and she made a move, causing her knight to mash Michael's rook. Michael groaned, not seeing it coming.

"We'll be happy to," Khaat said. "Either of us."

"Let's play partners next time," Michael smiled.

"Oh, that will work," Khaat said. "He means we play another game, and, Jess, you'd partner with one of us, and the other of us would partner up with a fourth so that its two against two. Usually there is some harmless bet involved. Such as, losers fix breakfast for the winners."

"As I recall it was breakfast in bed," Robert said. "Steak and eggs to be exact."

"You're right. It was," Khaat remembered.

"And it was delicious," Robert grinned.

"You won't get that again. Its my turn," she said.

"So you think," Michael said. "Anybody want in on this foursome? Anybody brave enough?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat May 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Jess smiled and chuckled " sure if you don't mind an amature in the fold " she said and pulled jacks arms tight around her as she watched " hum what could it be for me if I win " she said softly asshe sat back watching and sipping her drink she hoped it wopuld not go on much longer as she so wanted to learn it . To her it was a facinating agme of stratagy and bluff which she wanted to learn more about it.

Jack watched from behins her and chuckled " jess don;'t think on it so seriose dear " he whispered " relax and enjoy watching two masters at work " he said picking up some of the snack that sat in the bowl closest witch ws the one michael had summoned to him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top