Rain - Page 21
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Rain - Page 21 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Rain

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rain - Page 21 Empty Re: Rain

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Michael portkeyed Kieran, Khaat and himself to Venice. Kieran arranged to meet them in a couple hours. He headed off his own direction, and Michael offered his arm to Khaat. She took it and they walked across the large square. She took him into a hat shop and talked him into buying a white fedora to wear with his beautiful suit. He looked very elegant. Like he was made of money.

He took her to the magical section of Venice and took her into several magic shops. She felt drawn to one particular shop, and Michael indulged her. She browsed the shop for awhile by herself, and then she felt drawn to an antique pensieve. It was engraved silver and lined entirely by mother of pearl. She laid her hands on the pensieve and could feel as if she were somehow connected with it.

"And here I thought you would be more drawn to the crystal balls," he said to her.

"Where?" she asked.

"Over here," he led her around the corner to a room filled with all sorts of crystal balls and all sizes. She decided to get one for herself and one for Jess. Her mother had one. Michael looked at her as the clerk took the crystal balls and their bases to the counter. "You're still caught up by that pensieve, aren't you?" he asked.

"I'm afraid I am," she said. "Can I look at it again?"

"Of course," he said. They went back and she looked at it again. "If you want it, its yours," MIchael said to her softly.

"I do love it," she said. Michael ordered the clerk to add the pensieve to the order as well.

"Now, will you be alright by yourself for two minutes while I go next door to get what I came here for, my dear?" he asked. She nodded. He disappeared, and the clerk rang up the purchase and packaged them for her. By that time, Michael was back. Khaat didn't see any packages with him.

"Didn't they have it?" she asked. Michael just smiled and patted his jacket pocket. He paid for the packages and picked up the shopping bag.

"Its time to meet Kieran," he told her. "In fact, if we dont' apparate, we'll be late." He took her arm and they apparated out of the shop into an alley near the tobaccco shop. At that point, they both heard the sound of breaking glass not far away. "Stay with me," he ordered, drawing his wand. He led her to the end of the alley and saw Kieran lying on the ground, with a broken bottle in his hand, trying to defend himself against a wizard in long black robes who was pointing a wand at him.

"Expelliarmus!" Michael fired on the wizard, blowing him into a brick wall. The wizard sprang up into the air, levitating himself several feet higher than Michael and saw Khaat behind him. He began to weave an incantation that Michael knew was a very, very dark spell. They were all in very grave danger. And the best he could do without help was to draw the fire to himself and sacrifice himself to protect her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat May 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Jack showed he the two hats Khaat and mention and she nodded taking them to the counter to pay for them he moved to a rack of dresses thinking of buying one for jess but he was disterbed when Jess wlked over to him and grabbed his arm dragging him back out the back " get us back to the villa Khaat is in trouble " she said and clung to him as he quickly aperated to the villa.

" Robert , kate " she called and dove to the living room to find kate " jack apertate us to venice , NOW!!" She said grasping Kate and jack and they apereated right in front of a shop she saw Khaat and ran over Jack moved to Michael his want out but he stood back not wanting to get in the way of the spell he ws casting he felt it was a bad one .

Jess moved to Khaat " you ok?" she asked and looked at Kate " I felt she was in trouble and I had to get here " she said to her.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Robert and Brian just a split second behind Jess and Jack. Robert was firmly in front of Michael and the others with Brian right beside him. "Contego!" Robert and Brian simultaneously wrapped a strong shield around them all. He knew this wizard from years ago. He was on the ministry's most wanted list. The last thing he had expected was a face to face with him tonight in a back alley of Venice. Robert wasn't sure his skills were up to shielding everyone and combat at the same time. And he noticed Brian was wrapping more protective charms around them all. He was hoping Jack was on his game and could respond to his commands instantly. There was no choice. Their survival depended on Jack's skillful use of the killing curse. And Jack would only have one shot.

"Jack! Now!" Robert shouted, hoping Jack would not hesitate for even a fraction of a second.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat May 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Jack watched and had his wand at the ready when michael shouted he took aim and shouted " avada kedavra" his spell hit full force and the wizard was thrown back against a wall and slumped dead on the ground . Jack with his wand still out streached walked over carfully then sighed " hes dead " he said then looked at Khaat and jess " she ok?" he asked .

Jess watched as jack killed the wizard and sighed nodding at his question " yes she is I don't think it was her they were after " she said and pointed to Keiran on the ground.

Jackl quickly moved to keiran and knelt at his side " you ok mate ?" he asked taking teh bottle from his hand " hes dead, now what hapened ? " he asked.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 21, 2011 10:12 pm

"Allow me," Robert said, walking over towards the dead wizard.

"I think so," Kieran said. "I was leaving the tobacco shop and that idiot went after me."

"Well done, Jack," Robert said, examining the dead wizard. "Your training proved itself well. Thank you. We'd have all probably died if you hadn't fired when you did. You earned a raise. Well done indeed." Robert picked up the fallen wizard's wand and handed it to Jack. The wand had a black and silver handle. It was very elegant. He handed it to Jack. "The wand is yours now," Robert said. "Remember, it is not the wand that is evil. It is only a tool. It can be used for good or for evil either one. Either way, dueling rules say it is now yours." He looked into the wizard's face. "Remember him from our most wanted list? He was a dangerous man. I think this is what he was protecting." He reached down and pulled a large ring with a strange stone off the man's hand. The stone inside was filled with swirling smoke. He looked at it closely. "Kieran," he called. "Get up. Come here." Kieran got up and went over to Robert. Robert put the ring onto Kieran's hand, and Kieran fell to the ground in a limp heap almost instantly.

Robert merely knelt beside him. He watched the energy from the ring transfer into Kieran. When the ring had emptied itself into Kieran, Kieran came around again. "How do you feel?" Robert asked.

"What happened to me?" Kieran asked. Robert handed his own wand to Kieran

"Try a lumos spell. Just try it." Robert said. Kieran frowned and obeyed. Slowly the wand lit to Kieran's command. "Well done, Lad. You are no longer a squib. I think he could only use part of your magic. I think he could not absorb it into himself because, believe it or not, you had too much goodness in you. It would have contaminated his own power. He took it, but it was useless to him. So all he could do was to keep it, like carrying around a horcrux. You will have to re-learn much of what you knew, but you are, officially, a wizard again." Robert laid his hand on Kieran's head. "It will take awhile to recover from. You may well be dizzy for awhile. I suggest you go home and rest. By morning, you will feel like a totally new man."

Khaat realized Michael had positioned himself in front of her in order to let himself be killed instead of her. She fell silent, staring at the ground. She loved him too much to let him die for her. Michael turned and looked at her. He lifted her chin and kissed her forehead softly. She wrapped her arms around him, hiding in his chest, not wanting to cry. "Its alright, Child. We're alright. Robert, can I take her away from this mess?" Michael asked. "I believe she could do with a quiet place to get off her feet and perhaps a rest and a bite to eat?"

"By all means," Robert said. "Take care of her."

"Will you take our package home?"

"Certainly."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat May 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Jack looked at Robert and stood up taking the wand and looking at it " it is a nice wand shame it was used for evil" he said and slid it into his boot as he watched Kieran he moved to catch him and laid him on the ground. When he woke and Robert explained he chuckled " well welcome back to the wizerding world Keiran" he said smiling as he stood next to him just incase he fell again. " I'll make sure he gets back to the villa and his room " he said chukaling.

Jess breathed out but felt Khaats fear and sighed " Khaat hes fine" she said and stepped back when Michael walked over to them she watched robert and jack as he handed him the wizards wand and said he was getting a raise, she smiled at that thinking it would come in handy.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Khaat looked at Jess. Jess was either too good as a seer or she knew Khaat too well. But she had tapped right into her fear of losing Michael. Jess had been correct. Khaat watched as Kieran's magic returned to him. Khaat smiled, laying her head on Michael's chest, glad to hear his heartbeat in her ear.

"Help him up, Jack," Robert told Jack in regards to Kieran. "He's going to be woozy for tonight. You will indeed have to make sure he gets home and to bed. Jess, I'm leaving you in charge of taking care of him. Bedrest, some of the rennervating potion. Its in my bag, clearly labelled. A good hot meal, some sleep. I think you can handle it. Watch him for any other symptoms. Change in personality, any medical changes in his vital signs--you know the drill. Keep good documentation until I get back. I need to go to the Italian Ministry of Magic and get this international incident cleaned up. If I need Jack, I'll signal for him with my medallion. Is that clear, you two?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Jack helped Keiran up praticuly holding him up as jess smiled to Khaat and moved to Jack " yes sir " sahe said and smiled " ok kirean off to bed rest for you " she said and chuckled. Jack wrapped hia rmas around both of them and aperated back to the villa moving with kiran to his room where jess laid him down " rest Kiran" said jess as jack spoke from behind her.

" I'll get the potion jess" he said and left the room returning with a glass and the potion.

Jess gave kirean the potion and stood up I'll be back later , just rest " she said and headed back to Angus and the living room.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat May 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Brian picked up the corpse of the dead wizard and tossed it over his shoulder like a large grain sack and Robert apparated them both to the Italian magic wizardry in Rome. Michael looked at Khaat. "Come on," he said softly. "Let's get out of here. I know just where we should go for dinner. Water taxi or gondola?"

"Gondola? Please?" she asked, knowing it was expensive.

"I was hoping you'd say that," he smiled, taking her hand. He treated her to a lovely gondola ride as the sun set in the Italian sky. He took her to a trattoria off the main canals, off on a side canal. He chose a table for two for them out front in the sidewalk cafe section, to an outdoor candlelit table. He ordered them a nonalcoholic bottle of prosecco and shared it with her over dinner. He ordered for them both plates of grilled shrimp over angel hair pasta, with a garlic butter sauce and chopped herbs. It was delicious. And Michael got her to laugh and spend the evening talking and laughing. The longer she hung out with him, the better she felt. Her stress melted away. He got her to start enjoying the idea of having more children again and the idea of her friends around her. He refocused her attentions so that she lost the idea of feeling guilty for having her friends around her and them risking themselves for her. He put it back into perspective for her. She was beginning to see the beauty in life again.

She enjoyed having an evening of light talk and laughter, rekindling old ties,and bonding with her godfather. She loved watching the people walk by, and if someone noticed them, they noticed first, by Khaat's observations, her godfather's commanding presence. She felt proud just to be with him. She was at peace. She was pleased that Kieran had his powers back, but she knew it would take them all to retrain him how to use them. And she was endlessly grateful for the devotion of her friends--Jess, Jack, Steven, Angus--all of them.

And then he ordered two tiramisus and two Italian coffees. Khaat's face lit up like Christmas. And he promised her another gondola ride--this time under the lights of Venice.

When they left the sidewalk cafe, they had simply taken a short walk a few blocks down the street. They had found a chocolatier open, and Michael looked at her with a wide smile. "I know how you love chocolate," he said, taking her by the hand. "Its not off your father's list for you, is it?"

"When did I listen to that?" Khaat asked. Michael laughed, delighted, and took her inside. They spent all the time they wanted browsing and tasting things offered to them by the chocolatier. He bought her a huge box of handmade truffles, an assortment they selected themselves. They chose a single truffle apiece to eat on the way out. It was like little nibbles of heaven.

Finally he said to her, "Your feet are swelling a bit, my darling."

"Its normal," she told him. "And the shoes might have just the slightest bit to do with it." He hailed a gondola and when it pulled up, he and the gondolier rushed to help her step into the boat without injury. Khaat did not know Italian, but Michael did. She did detect the gondolier asking Michael a question in Italian, and she thought for sure she detected the word Mamma in the question. Michael smiled and answered the question as he helped her to her seat. He spoke what she interpretted to be directions to the gondolier. Then Michael sat down next to her. "Where's your shawl?" he asked her.

"Here," she said, drawing it out of where it was folding as small as it could get inside her handbag."

"Khaat Karina," he frowned. "Silk deserves better treatment than being rolled into a ball in your bag." He took it from her and draped the shawl around her, the back of his fingers brushing against her upper arm in the process. "Your skin is like ice," he said.

"Not for long," she smiled. He draped his arm around her to warm her and flicked his fingers to the gondolier as a signal that they were ready to go. The delicate boat departed remarkably smoothly from its resting place against the curb. Khaat laid her head on Michael's shoulder, savoring the peace and wanting to etch the sights and the sounds of Venice deep into her memory so that the feeling she had now would never leave her. Not ever.

Meantime, Robert and Brian had gone to Rome, and had spent the rest of the afternoon straightening out the unauthorized use of magic in a muggle neighborhood in a foreign country to kill a man. However, Robert's credentials as the Minister for Britain, along with the fact that they had proof of the identity of the criminal by producing the body, seemed to satisfy the Italian wizarding government. They apparated home around 7 pm. Neither of them were surprised to see that Michael had not brought Khaat back yet.

The first thing they saw was Kate and Angus feeding the babies bottles before bed and the babies almost completely asleep in their arms. Robert could see the remainders of the dinner dishes being cleaned up in the kitchen. "Too late, Mate," Robert said. "We missed dinner."

"That's alright," Brian sighed. Right at the moment, what mattered to him was whether anyone had heard from Michael, and then he wanted to know about his brother. "How is Kieran?" he found he was spitting out the second question first.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun May 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Jess staid with keiran while he drifted to sleep she staid a little longer making sure he was ok before she left to head down where jack already sat with a fresh hot coffee. smiling she sat next to him and snuggled against him as he suprised her with a mug of hot coffee for herself. As she took it she saw Robert and Brian return and smiled as he asked how Kieran ws " hes asleep , I gave him the potion and he went to sleep everything seems ok his energys are a bit out of whack but nothing a good sleep won't sort " she said and sipped her coffee " I am guessing everything was sorted?" she aksed as Jack wraped his ar, around her waist as she sat against him her feet tucked up under her .
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top