The Ties That Bind - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 22 of 48 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 22 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 am

Brian took his place behind the wheel, and Khaat got into the passenger's seat in the front next to him. Robert sat in the seat on the other side of Kieran.

"I dont' think you'd look good in a pink hat, Khaat," Robert laughed. "Make him green if you change him at all."

"Okay," she said. "Green it is."

"Why do I need to go?" Kieran asked.

"Because you started this whole mess," Brian snapped at him. "If worse comes to worse, I'll throw you to them. Problem solved!"

"Now, now,' Robert said. "Pull togther. Let them see me as the power player tonight. You know the plan. Stick to it."

Brian drove to a parking lot outside an abandoned department store. There was a black stretch limosine waiting there, with just the parking lights on, waiting. "Shields up, all," Brian said. He drew his wand. "Contego!" he cast a shield around them. "Remember your shield will not deflect a bullet. Be very careful. You all need to make it look like Robert is who you protect. He has to be the very obvious leader here. Shift your focus away from Khaat and cover Robert and Kieran. Clear?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 am

steven and jack looked at each other and nodded as the stood wth him Cassidy sheethed her dagger again and climbed out to stand with them " yes sir " they all said and moved to his side cassidy being smaller behind steven . all there minds fixed on getting this problem sorted and gone so khaat and Brian could relax a bit y looked around seeing nobody there yet steven crossed his hand and jack just sniffed the air for any signs , he turned to Robert " nothing yet" he said and froze as he picked up the smell of a smaller car " car " he said and looked in front of him.

Cassidy heard jack and tensed slighty but relaxed trying to look like she ahd all those months ago like she didn't give a damn about any one but her self , but inside she was shaking like a leaf.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:52 am

Four huge muscular men got out of the long stretch limosine, the door left open. Brian and Khaat got out of the car and Brian moved around the car to stand with the others.

"So?" one of the men asked. "Where is he?"

"He's here," Brian said. "Where's yours? You show us yours, we'll show you ours."

"That's not how this works, little man," the enormous man laughed at Brian. "You owe us, remember?"

"Then, we'll just go home. Good night," Brian said, knowing he was calling a bluff, and he hoped it worked. He started to walk back around the car. Khaat saw an impressive man get out of the car, in a gray suit.

"You've got chops, Son," the elegant man in the gray suit said. "Nobody stands up to my boys." Brian stopped in his tracks, smiled with satisfaction and then quickly wiped the smile off his face before turning around. He looked at the man. This was the big boss--the man Kieran was into for millions. "So, who's the boss here, Boy?"

Robert got out of the car, trusting that if necessary, his team would shoot Kieran if he started to leap out of the car and run. "That," Robert said, standing tall, commanding respect the instant he got out of the suv, "would be me." Khaat could see that this man had not expected to see anyone with her father's bearing or presence to be getting out of the car. The man had a slightly puzzled look on his face that he had failed at hiding. So far, so good. He began to walk towards Robert, knowing to hold his men back and to keep his own hands well in sight. Robert motioned his team to stand still, and he made the walk halfway across the dark parking lot alone to meet with the man in the gray suit. Khaat tried hard not to betray how hard her heart was pounding, fearful for her father. This just was exceptionally dangerous.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:00 am

Cassidy sliped out her dagger and pressed it against keiran " you make one move and i will not hestiate in killing you " she said softly to him one hand on his back and he point pressed to his ribs so he could feel it . shwe watched as Robert walked away from them hoping this would end with out blood shed and they could all go home happy knowing this was over but she could tell buy the lok in the mens eyes it would not be that easy.

Steven and jack stood there ground strong and asertive both eyesing up the other men around the boss all big but not that they could not take down if needed Steven loked around the area he had a feeling more men lurked around cosing in like a net he wondered if Robert could feel it too. Jack could smell others but not close enouph to be a worry yet his heart beat fast and he wanted to just burst out of his skin but he thought of Jess and his kids and held it together.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:22 am

Khaat's seers senses were trying to work overtime, alerting her to the fact that they were not alone. She had not underestimated her father, though. He had not forgotten this as a possibility. She could almost feel the presence of other organization members, but she could not see a one. And she wondered if what she was seeing was just mere wishful thinking.

"Who are you?" the gray man asked Robert. "I know everyone."

"No you don't," Robert said calmly. "Or you would know me." The gray man laughed, amused.

"I like that. That's good," he said. "So, how did you get messed up with this loser."

"I'm only doing a favor for a friend."

"Kieran Quinn has friends?"

"No. Not really," Robert said. It made the gray man laugh, and Robert found it in himself to laugh as well.

"I didn't think so. So, lets get down to it, then. Where's the deed to the property?"

"Not quite so fast. He owes you 100 million, am I right?"

"Uh...yeah," the gray man said. Actually, Robert was well aware that the figure was 90 million. He deliberately misquoted.

"So, what does it take to get you to go away?"

"A paid bill," the gray man laughed. "I want my money."

"You take 80 million and I'll let you all live," Robert said. The gray man laughed and looked back at his men.

"He's funny. I like him. He's truly funny, isn't he?" he asked. The men laughed. Khaat saw that they really didn't have a mind of their own. They were merely mindless muscle. "95," he said dryly.

"Now who's the comedian?" Robert said. "85."

"Not a chance. 90, and that's my bottom line. And I'm taking a cut to give you that." Robert pretended to hesitate.

"Done," Robert said. "You will take cash, I presume?"

"Unmakred bills," he said to Robert. Robert snapped his fingers. Brian went to the back of the SUV, stalled a moment, as if he were preparing a briefcase. He picked up the briefcase that had the money in it, and walked it to Robert. Robert looked down at the briefcase, and the gray man snapped his fingers. One of his men walked up and Brian handed the briefcase to them. He opened the briefcase and counted.

"Its there, Boss. All of it," the man said.

"Oh, there is one more thing. We want Kieran," he said to Robert.

"Not part of the deal," Robert said. "Not gonna happen. Give me the cancelled debt notice."

"You are not new to this, are you?"

"No."

"Very well," the gray man said. He took the debt notice out and handed it to Robert. Robert read it over himself.

"Now, you're out of Kieran Quinn's life--forever."

"Until he starts gambling again," the gray man said. "This isn't the first time he's owed me."

"But it will be the last. I believe we're done here."

"I believe we are. Give my regards to Kieran." The gray man turned to walk back to his car and a gunshot rang out. Robert, who had turned, temporarily lost his footing, clutching his shoulder.

"He's hit," Brian shouted.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 am

Casidy saw the man who fired the shot taking aim she sent her dagger flying at him right into his head watching him drop to the ground as his blood ran like a river into the gutter . she grabbed Keiran buy his collar and threw him in the suv steven joined her, while jack secured keiran in his seat in the SUV , cassidy dove to Robert her other dagger held tight as she looked at the man in the car and the 3 remaining men, her body stance one of defence rather than attack . Steven held his gun waiting for the next shot, her eyes f ixed on one man, his hand slowly going down his trouser leg as she watched him. Seeing something glint she readied her self as then from the mans hand flew a small silver dart aimed right for Robert . Quickly she pushed Robert out of the way and it ended up grazing her side and embeding in the concreat piller behind them. She stood up and wiped her side looking the man in the eye but she was not gong doing anything back, not yet. " what are your orders ?" she asked .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:09 am

The gray man was furious. He was shouting at his men. He drew his pistol and shot and killed the man who had fired the dart towards Robert. The man fell dead onto the ground. "Go home," said the gray man. "Take your boss and go home. My apologies for my men's stupidity. We have what we need."

"You heard him," Robert said. "We go home." Brian put his two strong muscular arms under Robert as Khaat moved into place between her father and the gray man's gunmen, her gun drawn and leveled right at the heart of the gray man, who seemed to understand he was merely being used as insurance.

"Hey," he shouted back at Robert as Robert reached the suv. Robert paused and turned around. "You've got a good group--whoever you are."

"I know I do," Robert said, his hand over the hole in his shoulder, blood pouring over his fingers.

"Enough," Brian said very softly to Robert. "In the car. Enough. Its done. We won't lose you." He helped Robert into the car.

"Go!" Brian shouted to Cassidy and Khaat, once Robert was safe. Khaat stood firm, nodding to Cassidy. Once Cassidy was in the car, Khaat simply stepped backwards to the car, her stilettos clicking as the only sound against the asphalt. She never lowered her weapon and never took her eyes off the gray man, knowing that his men all had guns on her. She heard Brian get into the driver's seat. When she was sure everyone else was in the car, she got in and shut the door. Brian shut his door and hit the gas in the car. Khaat turned around backwards in her seat, leaned over the back of her seat and began to tend to her father, who was leaned back against his own seat. She felt his forehead, and felt the start of traumatic shock. She knew he was fading, not entirely conscious now, given into it. She opened his jacket and tore his shirt. The wound was deep. She knew she was going to be doing surgery tonight. Difficult surgery. And she was the only one who could do it. She began casting spells to stabilize him as best she could as the car sped back towards the house.

"Daddy, you hang in with me," she told him with iron firmness. "Don't you dare leave me!" He laid his bloodied hand over hers, attempting to clutch her hand. She let it stay there and just kept working. "Brian, this isn't good," she called to him.

"Khaat," Brian said. "I'm going to pull over. You apparate back with him. Go. Do what you need to do. We'll follow."

"Thank you," she said very softly, feeling urgency as her father began to sink deeper into shock and began to fade. Brian pulled over. Khaat clutched tight to her father's suitcoat and portkeyed him back to the main house. they appparated into the kitchen, her aim slightly off due to her own panic.

"Jess! Angus!" she shouted. "Hurry! Daddy's been hurt. I need his bag--right now!" Angus leaped off the sofa at the sounds of apparating followed by Khaat's voice in such alarm and distress. He apparated straight into the kitchen. His face paled. He waved his arm at the dning room table, in a large sweeping motion to clear it. He didn't care where anything went so long as it was off the table.

"Let me help, Khaat," he said to her calmly. "I'm right here. Let me help." He simply took his wand and levitated Robert, who was all but unconscious in Khaat's arms, and moved him to the dining room table. Khaat flew grabbing a kitchen knife out of the knife block on the counter. "What happened?"

"They shot him," she said, trying to be all business now. She took the kitchen knife and began cutting the jacket and the shirt off her father.

Brian, meanwhile, put the car back into motion, determined on getting home quickly. He was silent, and he didn't want to lose Robert. He could not help but blame Kieran for all of this, and now Robert too. He hoped that Khaat could take care of Robert in time.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Jess heard Khaat call out grabbing the black medical bag she ahd already next to her she ran into the kitchen seeing Robert on the table placing it down beside Khaat she grabbed clean tea towels and began cleaning his shoulder so they could see the wound better she wanted to ask about eh others but pushed it a side focusing instead on Robert soon she had it clean and looked at Khaat then down at Robert .

Cassidy sat in the suv her side stinging and now feeling sticky from the blood that seeped from it. She looked out into the night worried about Robert , what if he didn't pull threw , how could she live with her self for not reacting quicker to the mans movements , but she knew even Jack had not seen him. The car was quiet as each person she thought must be worried about Robert and how he was doing back at the houseshe took a deep breath in feeling a little sleepy, her head rested on the cool glass but how could she sleep at this moment . She reatched down to her side finding the cut was deeper than she had first thought , she pushed away the pain slowly finding her self closing her eyes.

Jack glanced across at every one Brian was driving his eyes fixed on the road ahead Cassidy looekd like she was a sleep and steven was watching kerian closely who sat with him. Jack sighed and thought of jess and khaat working on Robert . Soon he felt the SUV pull in and stop . he stepped out and headed up to the main rooms.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:48 pm

"I have no choice," Khaat said. "I have to do surgery." She laid her hand on her father's forehead to render him unconscious. She drew out the surgical kit out of his bag and opened it up. She laid it out and washed her hands and then prepared to begin the surgery. "If you have the stomach to watch, you're welcome to stay, Jess," she said.

When Brian pulled the SUV back into the garage he saw everyone else get out except Cassidy. He tried to rouse her, but when he touched her, he knew something was wrong. He went around and got into the backseat beside her. It didn't take long for him to diagnose the problem. He found deep bleeding graze and the toxin entered into her system. This was not the first time he'd seen this. He set spells in place to neutralize the chemical that had been in the dart and to stabilize her system. He tucked the car keys in her pocket and apparated her upstairs. He put her on the sofa and spent his time stabilizing her, stopping the bleeding, and netraalizing the drug until he was sure she was going to be alright.

Once Brian was sure Cassidy was going to be alright and just needed sleep, he left her on the sofa and went to the dining room. Khaat was finding the situation to be more complicated than she thought. "Can we help?" he asked her softly.

"No," she said. "I have it. Its just going to take some time. Is everyone else alright?" she asked.

"Yes," Brian said, not entirely telling her the truth. He needed her attentions on robert right now.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm

jess looked at Khaat and shok her head " if im to be a healer i need to learn and see this " she said standing her ground as she watched Brian walk in with cassidy in his arms she staid with Khaat feeling she needed her more . Steven walked in with kerian " what do you want me to do with this ?" he asked Brian shoving him forward to the chair that was in front of him.

Jess handed Khaat all she needed and watched closly wiping away any blood that would get in her way , she did thor he pain away even drawing the pain away for him when she saw his face change. Her mind now focused on her job.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 48 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 35 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top