The Ties That Bind - Page 35
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Ties That Bind - Page 35 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Ties That Bind

Page 35 of 48 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Ties That Bind - Page 35 Empty Re: The Ties That Bind

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:18 pm

"She's taking after her biological mother," Brian laughed. "Mis has an unending need for action and adventure and she is totally fearless. Well, for that matter, Khaat has a lot of the same tendencies."

"I blame Remus for that completely," Robert said.

"Well, I think you'd be misplacing it a bit," Brian said. "Confess. You like adventure as much as the rest of us."

"Me? I like a quiet life, home on my farm, tending my fields and my animals and..."

"Horsecrap," Brian pronounced.

"What?" Robert frowned.

"I said that's horsecrap. You love it. How else did you get to be the leader and the fighter you are without it?"

"Because I had to be?"

"Nonsense. I've seen you in battle. Not duels--real battle. You do enjoy that."

"Maybe," Robert shrugged.

"He loves every second of it. Khaat is 100% Lupin--always has been," Kate said, passing through from the kitchen to go upstairs. Robert shot her a frown and was distracted by Abbey's letting out a little frustrated squeal at him.

"What?" he frowned, looking at her. She began to babble at him, demanding his attention entirely. He took her to the kitchen and got out two baby cookies. He gave one to her and brought the other back and handed it to Dakota, who immediately began gnawing on it.

"You're spoiling them," Brian said.

"I'm the grandpa. I have spoiling rights. Its on the birth certificate, I'm sure," he laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Steven smiled " from what i have heard the lupins are the bravest most coraguose people I know " he said and placed Dacotta and her cookie down on the carpeted floor standing he moved to get his own finsing several flaours he picked a white chocolate one and ate it while it was warm he loved how soft and gooie it was as he ate his and sat down Jack he noticed had two one of each and he chuckled.

Jack picked up one and it was still hot he blew on ot hopoping from one foot to the other " hot...hot ...hot!!" he said and blew on it till he could eat it . moving into the kitchen he felt jess moved witha tray next to him and handing one to every one.

" watch it some are still hot as jack found out " she said and partted his head " don't worry I'll kiss it better later " she said and smiled as jack gave her ' you'd better ' look as she left again.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Brian and Angus and Robert each took a cookie and settled in with them, just as Kate came downstairs.

"I knew I smelled chocolate," Kate smiled, taking a cookie. "Very good, Jess," she said, biting into one. "I'd send one up to Khaat but she finally fell asleep when I gave her the ice pack."

"Let her be, then," Robert said. "Thats better than anything I could do for her. She needs the rest." He looked at Abbey who had finished her cookie and was starting to rub her eyes. He kissed her forehead. "Somebody's getting really sleepy. Come on, Sweetie. Papa will put you to bed." She cuddled into his shoulder, starting to get just a little fussy.

"The room right across the hall from ours is set up for them," Brian said.

"Thank you. I'll be back," Robert said. He began to talk very softly and soothingly to Abbey as he took her upstairs.

"Dakota looks like she could go all night," Kate laughed.

"Yeah. She does that sometimes. And then all of a sudden, she's done," Brian laughed. "I"ve seen her playing and two minutes later, she's out like a light."

"She did that once for us too," Kate laughed. She watched Max go over to Dakota and lay down beside her. He laid a large paw on the toy she was reaching for, as if to stop her. To make it purposely harder for her to get. "He's very smart. He knows what time she goes to bed and knows she's past it. Cats are marvelous creatures of routine. He wants her to go to bed. I'm curious to see how he'll manage putting her to sleep."

"He'll make it," Brian said. "I have no doubt about that whatsoever."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Steven , jess and Jack smiled at the sight but it was jess who spoke first " thats one cleaver cat " she said anc chuckled " I'll put teh rest in an airtight container and she can have some tomorrow when she wakes " she looked at jack " if this one can keep his hands off them till the morning " she said and poked him he muffeld his suprised yelp at her actions and pouted like a small boy.

" I can't help it if i like your cookies " he said and sat back looking at them all with a sheepich looke " well there good " he said and chuckled as he too stifeled a yawn " didn't know it was so late " he said covering his mouth as he ywned again " maybe I should dow one lat rounds of the grounds then turn in ..if thats ok with you brian and Robert would mean im up early to check thanimals and feed them while Angus is out and off his feet " he said with a smile
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:58 pm

"Go ahead," Brian said. "Jess, Jack, Steven, you all go. Make your round if you want, Jack. Robert and Kate and I will handle the barn in the morning. You all deserve to sleep in. You've all worked way too hard. I appreciate the help, but you all need to rest up a little."

"Agreed," Robert said. "We won't have a muggle truck here, so Kate and Brian and I can use our wands to do chores with. We'll be fine. Besides, we also have Kieran. He owes us some stable time, as I figure it." He looked at Kieran who showed no emotion whatsoever. "Khaat can't help us in the morning," Robert added.

"Alright, alright," Kieran gave in. "I think I'll go to bed. 'Night, All."

"Goodnight, Kieran," Kate said gently. Kieran didn't wait for anyone else to speak. He went upstairs.

"What's bugging you, Kate?" Brian asked, knowing her too well.

"I can see a lot of conflict in him at the moment. I'm not sure what its all about, but there is a mountain of it," Kate said.

"I know. He'll work it out. Khaat's drawing it out of him little by little."

"Good," Kate smiled. "It'd be nice to feel his energy field clear up." She looked down at Dakota who had now laid down and laid her head on Max's side. Max was purring loudly and licking the back of Dakota's hair. Kate smiled. "He's a good kitty daddy. He's giving her a bath before bed. He really loves her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Steven smiled at the sight and shook his head " do you want me to put her to bed , Im pasing any way and I do need the practice " he said smiling at them wondering if they knew about his twins or not , ether way he ws still proud as puntch every one was fine and happy. Sloaly he gently picked Dakota up resting her head on his shoulder and his hand on her back he stroked the cat and spoke softly " good cat " he said and moved away from him. He moved to Robert and Kate and then to the nursary placing her down gently as he pulled up her blanket .

Steven found he was not as tired as he needed and so returned to the living room passing jack on the way " night sleepy " he said and chuckled at the half tounge pull and yawn he gave back as Jack entered his room flopping on the bed. Steven chuckled and closed the door and continued to the living room and sat down. " Im not that tired i'll stay up with you guys if thats allright, Im use to less sleep more so since the twins turned up " he said and sighed.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:47 pm

"I know how that goes," Brian said. "Those two are like having twins in the house."

"And Robert and I don't seem to have any sort of sleep schedule anymore--ever," Kate said. "Seems like the older we get, the less sleep we need. We didn't ever get much of a chance to sleep that I remember of as it is, but it certainly hasn't gotten better."

"Thats because, first, we didn"t ever need much sleep, and second, we never had the time, and third, the older someone gets, the less sleep they need," Robert replied.

"I think I am going to go to bed," Angus confessed. Brian looked at him and then looked closer and frowned.

"Let me see that leg first," he said.

"Its fine." Angus said, as Brian got up and went over to him. Angus's leg was so swollen, Brian could barely lift his pantleg.

"You git! No wonder you want to go to bed!" Brian was angry now. "How long were you going to go without telling us?"

"Morning?" Angus replied.

"You really are a prat. Robert, come look at this."

"I can see it from here," Robert said dryly. "Get into my bag. You know the potions, Brian. " Brian opened the bag and mixed two different potions in a glass and gave them to him. Angus drank it.

"Now go to bed," Robert told Angus calmly. "That will help by morning."

"Thank you," Angus said. He bid goodnight and went to bed, leaving Brian shaking his head.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Steven ,loked at them and nodded " yes its excatly like having the twins " he said smiling but then frowned to at Angus's swolen leg " he was told to stay off it " he said and say back on the chair watching them tend it his hert now thinking abck to Delilah hoping she was allright and not missing him too badly he knew as soon as they got back she would be who he went to see and he knew he would just hold her as he really missed her. He gave a sighed " my twins area bout 3 weeks old now " he said loking at Robert. He found little in the way of conversation so stuck to what he knew his family since both me were fathers like he found himself again but this time he ws not going to loose Delilah. TRhia was one reason he'd kept his relashaship a secret till they married and she had their twins.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:44 pm

"You know, I wanted to bring Khaat here to help her get away," Brian said. "But this has been so difficult for so many reasons. Maybe that was a mistake. Maybe we need to just leave here as soon as we can."

"Its a beautiful estate," Robert said gently. "The danger is over. If you really want to go, I can have the organization here tomorrow. You know that."

"I'm keeping everyone from their homes and their families," Brian said. "At least back in England, they could...."

"Stop it," Robert cut him off. "Stop it right now." Robert looked around at them all. "Is there any one of you who could not portkey home on your hours off shift if you really wanted to and come back when we needed you? Any of you?"

Brian said nothing. He got up and went upstairs without a word.

"Robert," Kate said, "You were hard on the boy."

"He's a man, and he's my Chief Officer. He needs to bear up. This isn't his fault and he needs to get that straight--right now," Robert replied. "I depend on him stepping up to the plate in order to keep people alive. He's capable of better than this. Let him go. Maybe he'll have found his way back by morning."

"Sometimes you push too hard, Robert," she replied.

"I know my men, Kate. I make it my business," He said to her quietly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Steven sat and listened when Robert snapped at Brian he looked at Robert seeing the cincerity in his face but he was right he could port home and see her for a few hours and return that morning . He thought to where he had left his port key and smiled knowing that he could do just that and help settle the twins down to sleep. But he could not go with out permishion and looked at Robert but the tenshion in the air told him not to his mind now on calming the situation so staying put was his main thought as he sat looking at Kate who he could see was cealrly annoyed at Robert .

" if it all right I will check the stables then turn in" he said realy he was just wanting to step out of the situation to let them calm down again.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 48 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top