Sand and Snow - Page 54
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 54 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 54 of 98 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 76 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 54 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Steven Walker Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Cassidy looked at them and thought about her own parents or lack there of , hers hand never took such and interest in her as Khaats did, she sat down drinking her coffee , she was still young, yet thrown into such a dark world that nobody should see . Finishing her coffee she moved down to the gym for her work out thinking it would take her mind of her thoughts. Standing at the weights she began her routine more vigorous that usual.

Steven smiled "Kate will pick her right up " he said grinning as he walked over to refill his cup " I'll patrol once I finish this" he said sighing "good coffee Angus " he said watching Cassidy out the corner of his eye head for the gym.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:43 am

Khaat and Brian had talked until they'd worn themselves out. Brian had fallen asleep on the bed with Khaat curled up tight in his arms. They'd cleared a lot of the distance between them, and she felt bonded to him again. She understood that he was more devoted than she had taken him for. She had been moved by his deep exhaustion caused deliberately, given willfully out of his dedication and love. She had not expected that would ever, ever happen. And her apologies for it were not necessary in his eyes. Now they slept out of utter exhaustion.

Robert finished his tea, went upstairs and found Brian still there with Khaat, but all was peaceful inside. He closed the door again and went back downstairs. "They're fine. They're sleeping. Brian is with Khaat. Let them rest. I'm going to go get Kate. I'm quite sure she'll be ready to go in a flash." He apparated out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:56 am

Cassidy looked at them both and nodded she sat wondering what a mother was like not having spent any time with her own in her life. She looked out of the window to the garden and saw Cara teaching her pups how to catch food with a cricket as live bait. She smiled at one who pounced but missed as the cricket jumped onto his head.

Moving to sit down she glanced at Steven and smiled to see him so happy "ok so what's she like this new woman?" she said smiling "you have been smiling and that's not like you, and be fore you say anything its all right with me."

Steven looked at her unaware he had been smiling at all. "Huh?" he said "don't know what you mean " he said at first denying it.

"ow come on ste, ever since that night you have had a grin plastered on your face" she said now grinning at him "so give what's her name?" she sat forward.

Steven chuckled as he lent forward and took a deep breath "all in good time" he said smirking as he saw the look of annoyance on her face.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:06 am

Kate didn't take more than a few seconds to be ready to apparate back, and appeared in the living room without Robert.

"Was he lagging behind, Kate?" Angus burst out laughing.

"He was. He wanted to grab another change or two of clothes. He's a big boy. He can follow along by himself," she said. That made Angus laugh out loud.

"How's my daughter?" she interrogated. Angus did notice that Kate had all the fierceness of a mother hen about her, and this wasn't just a polite question. It was demanding for information.

"She's better. Symptoms are gone. She's just weak now. Tired. Brian is with her. They're asleep."

"She's not up to that!..."

"Not THAT! Just sleeping, Kate. Honest. Nno horseplay. I promise."

"I'd kill that boy if he thought he could try anything," she said.

"Not even on his mind, I promise," he said, still laughing. "How about a cup of tea?"

"Not til I go look in on my granddaughters at the very least," she said, heading straight upstairs. Angus looked at Steven and Cassidy.

"Granddaughters, my eye. She's going up to check on Khaat anyway," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:12 am

Cassidy chuckled and nodded in agreement "yeah can't keep her away I guess, is that what mum's are like Angus?" she asked walking over to watch her go up stairs and out of sight , she was a little intimidated buy her. "If that's what a mum is I don't think I want to become one" she said.

Steven stood and walked over to cassidy his now empty coffee mug in his hand, "not all mums are like that there caring she's just worried for Khaat her daughter, its an instinct they have to care" he said and smiled realising he was again he coughed and moved to fill his cup.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:19 am

"Kate is one of the strongest women you'll ever meet," Angus told Cassidy. "Think about it. To be married to Robert? She can't possibly have survived all those years with him if she were a shrinking violet. Kate is generally gentle and hospitable. Steven's right. Robert's just kept her at arms length while Khaat was sick, probably to minimize the stress on Khaat. But I have no doubt whatsoever that she's given him whatfor."

Robert apparated in at that moment. "Did Kate get here?" he asked.

"Oh yeah," Angus said. "And already upstairs."

"Figures," Robert sighed. "I did ask her to wait. I knew she wouldn't." He followed her upstairs. That made Angus laugh even more.

"The man controls all of Britain and can't control his wife," Angus said. "Have you noticed that she's not the least little bit intimidated by all that?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 am

Cassidy chuckled as Angus laughed she shook her head "yeah seems that way but they say behind every good man is a better woman " she said and smiled at Steven and patted his shoulder lightly. She sat down on the couch again "I can see this is going to be eventful" she said and lay down.

Steven heard Angus laugh after Robert left and chuckled himself "Angus is right they kinda complete each other" he said and sipped his cup as he moved out the kitchen.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:47 am

Khaat woke hearing her parents out in the hallway. Her mother's voice. Her mother was angry. Really angry. It didnt' happen often, but Kate certainly was giving Robert a huge lecture. She could hear every syllable. Her mother was outraged that Robert had missed Khaat's addiction. She expected better than that from Robert. Robert was a master healer. How the hell had he missed it and let it get this far? She was outraged.

Khaat slid out from Brian, and Brian never moved. He had relaxed now, and now fully given to his fatigue, he was out like a light. Khaat made it to her feet and slowly made it to the door of the bedroom. She opened it slowly. The voices stopped altogether.

"How the hell did you do that?" Robert frowned, flying to her, his hands under Khaat's shoulders to keep her from falling.

"I..don't know," she said softly.

"Well, dont' do it again Not till I say so. Back to bed. Unless you want to come downstairs."

"Downstairs?" she looked at him blankly.

"You can, if you stay off your feet. We'll try it, but if you get too tired, I'll bring you back up." He picked her up. "Kate, get her pillow and a blanket."

Robert brought Khaat downstairs and put her on the sofa, and Kate followed, making her comfortable with her pillow and a blanket.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:58 am

Cassidy moved quickly from the couch letting Robert placing Khaat lay down on it she moved back and stood by a small table slowly sitting down on it as she watched Kate and Robert with Khaat, she sighed.

Steven smiled as he saw Khaat come with Robert and Kate down the stairs to sit on the couch he looked at Cassidy "cassidy get Khaat some coffee" he said nudging her to go and get a cup.

Cassidy felt the nudge and stood up walking to the kitchen and the coffee pot pouring a cup she walked back holding it out to Khaat before sitting back down again.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:06 am

"Thank you," Khaat said, grateful. She had missed how good fresh coffee smelled. Just plain coffee. She liked the warmth of the cup in her hands.

"Careful with that," Robert said. "You can have it, but if it upsets your stomach, stop."

"I know," she said softly. "Daddy, take care of Brian?"

"He just needs sleep," Robert said. "As you get better, so will he. And his system has always rebounded quickly. Thats one thing about him. He's strong and he makes sure he stays that way. You watch and see. He'll be fine. I'd worry far more about your mother. She's got her feathers in a bunch over this."

"So I heard," Khaat said, as her mother swatted Robert. That made Khaat smile a bit.

"Its his own fault," her mother said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 98 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 76 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top