Sand and Snow - Page 46
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 46 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 46 of 98 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 72 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 46 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:54 am

"No," Khaat said definitely. "If we go, we go as friends. We could always take a couple of men along to do the work. Besides, someone needs to carry all the packages."

"That's me, Pack Mule," Brian said. "Grunt work for hire."

"I already hired you for that," Khaat said. "So, I presume I can go this afternoon."

"It'll last about ten minutes," Robert said. "You're not up to it. If you're going, then, I'd do it today. Or you'll stove up by morning and won't be able to go."

"Then we go," Khaat said simply.

"Make it short. Cassidy can shop for your mother some other time," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:58 am

Cassidy looked at Steven and grinned seeing his eyes roll "I don't think you'll be alone Brian" she said and chuckled motioning to Steven at Khaat. "hum second pack mule you think? " she said chuckling as he stood and walked over .

Steven saw the look on her face and sighed shaking his head as he moved to Brian " ok load me up " he said his hands now resting in his pockets "well can't be as bad as Tuscany, i don't think Cassidys unpacked every thing yet " he said and grinned at the look and pout she now wore.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:12 am

Khaat didn't realize until she got up to go shopping what a mess she really was from falling into that deep dark dirt hole. She had to take time to change before they left. She did find that she was feeling a bit better after the hot steamy water had rolled over her body. She was already aching and hurting in places she didn't know she had. She knew her father hadn't really wanted her to go at all, but when he had told her he didn't want her to be long, he was fully meaning her to go to one shop, pick something out and come back--within the hour. Not hours. One.

She changed and was unhappy that her jeans and shirt were too big. When she tried to resize them with her wand, nothing happened. She couldn't figure it out. And the more she tried to use her magic, the more she found that none of it worked.

She finally went downstairs and looked blankly at her father. He had picked up their copy of The Daily Prophet and had started to read the front page when he saw her. He looked up and frowned. "What?" he asked.

"My magic. Its gone," she said. "Totally gone." He laid aside the paper and went over to her and assessed her quickly.

"You're right. Its from hitting your head. You should have it back anytime. Could be minutes, hours, or a few days. Its hard to tell. But it is temporary. Its not uncommon for wizards to temporarily short circuit their magic under the right conditions. It will repair itself. Alright, you lot. Heads up. Khaat doesn't have an ounce of magic. Its not that it'll go wonky if she casts a spell. She can't cast a spell. You can still shop, but she's going to be totally dependent on you all. You think you can handle it?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Steven looked up worried at Khaat but was relived that she would be ok eventually. He looked at Cassidy and shook his head "you don't know what your letting yourself in for " he said smirking "god nether am i being your pack mule "he groaned.

Cassidy smirked and walked over placing her hand on his shoulder "Steven you get off light i don't shop a lot though with Khaat around it may change you'll just have to waist and see " she laughed at the look on his face
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:55 pm

"We're good with it," Brian said. Khaat could almost read his thoughts. He was just glad she had survived--magic or not. The magic was not why he loved her. It wasn't ever about that.

Brian helped Khaat to her feet and made sure he had wrapped a lot of physical strength and support around her. "You know the shops, Steven. We'll see you there." He apparated them both out and to the shop.

Khaat was pleased to be in Diagon Alley, in front of her favorite shop. Brian walked her inside. He took her in and made sure that he helped her over to the clothing racks. "Take your time--until you hurt," he told her.

She began looking for a pair of slacks first. The colors were still winter colors and were a bit limited in her size. That didn't make her happy, but she decided to continue to look.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 am

Steven held Cassidy who once again groaned as they appeared in dyagon alley in front of a large department store. She took a deep breath before she pulled away from him and stood buy her self "don't get any ideas, come on before they get to far ahead" she said softly.

Steven held Cassidy tight as he apperated to the shop in question, feeling Cassidy cling to him for a moment, "must do something about that queasiness Cassie" he said as she pulled away from him leaving him stood with his arms folded as they now headed in to find Brian and Khaat witch they did fairly quickly since it had not been that long since they left.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:16 am

Khaat saw Cassidy and Steven come in, and Cassidy was looking a bit green. "The more you do it, the easier it gets," Khaat told her. "It really is the only cure for it. Trust me. We all go through it when we first train to apparate or portkey either one."

"Hey, Khaat, how about these?" Brian showed her a pair of really beautiful olive green silk slacks--they were made of raw silk in a loose cargo style. They looked amazingly comfortable. Khaat liked them immediately. "Suppose they'll fit?" she asked.

"Doesn't matter. Wands do wonders," he grinned. "If you like the, take them."

"What about the black ones?" she asked.

"Not your best color. Try the khaki if you want another pair. "

"Okay."

"Lets go look for a couple of tops," he told her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

Cassidy nodded and took a deep breath not realizing she had looked so bad after apperating to the store.

"I do hope so "she said " because next time I'm afraid I'll throw up on who ever it is " she said and looked at the slacks Brian now held "he has a point " she said and saw a small red dress that she liked and shows Khaat it hoping she would think it was god for the evening.

Steven stood with Brian and shook his head from side to side "like the dress Cassie's chose " he said and folded his arms across his chest as he waited knowing there was more to come .
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:47 am

"Khaat prefers dresses," Brian said, "But she is so self conscious about her size and about the bruises she's going to have that there is no way she's going to wear a dress that night. I know her."

Khaat ignored them and went over to some of the more comfortable tops. She found herself gravitating to the ivory colored ones. She finally found a v necked cashmere ivory sweater.

She found another one that was trimmed in lace--it was ivory but totally different. The last thing she bought was a longsleeved printed dress. It was maxi length, and she knew she had boots to make up the difference. She found a fabric sash in a solid color--a purple color. It matched the print in the dress. But she thought she'd use it as a belt. What she liked about it was not only the print but the soft fabric that was going to make it comfortable.

"Brian?" Khaat asked. "What do you think?"

"Its very pretty," he smiled., stroking her cheek, "Just like you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 am

Steven chuckled at the was Khaat and Brian were it was good to see them like this , he glanced at cassidy who stood close buy she had picked up a thin pink top and a nice black one "go with the black one that pink one will show every thing and you don't want that" he said he saw her smile and place the pink one back to drape the black one over his arm and he sighed now he really felt like a pack mule and glanced at Brian.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 98 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 72 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top