Sand and Snow - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 5 of 98 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 5 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:58 am

"No," Brian said. "It's not. They followed us here this summer, remember? Gelding probably has her watched at every turn. He probably knew the moment we showed up here that she wasn't in England anymore. As long as they have this grudge against Robert and me, Khaat and the girls won't ever be able to walk a street or a beach without looking behind them." He looked at Robert. "I should be doing better to take them out, Robert."

"No," Robert replied calmly. "I don't remember of giving you orders to kill. If it comes to that, I'll do it. It started with me, and I'll take them out. You understand that?"

"Robert..."

"No. You have one job now. One. Keep my daughter and my granddaughters safe. That's your job. The rest is mine. Are we very clear?" Robert said in a commanding tone.

"Yes. It is," Brian sighed.

"I'm going to go up and make sure Khaat's alright," Robert said. "Take command until I get back."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:27 am

She moved to the kitchen and put the kettle on to make every one some hot coffee or tea for those who wanted it she made a tray and brought it threw setting it down on the table beside Khaat "tea and coffee " she said and smiled giving Khaat her cup "no reason not to keep warm " she said taking her cup and sitting down on the chair facing the window to keep her eyes on the beach below.

Steven picked up his cup and moved to stand not far from her before turning and heading to his room for a moment so he could shower and change his clothes , he felt some what restricted in his original clothes changing into a pair of blue sweats but he didn't go to the gym instead he relived Jack so he could get his coffee , he chuckled as he watched Jack quickly leave the door and head down the corridor.

Cassidy sighed as she looked down at the beach "such a beautiful beach too " she said to her self softly realizing she was now on permanent work there for never set foot on it let alone swim in the sea.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:55 am

"Thank you," Khaat said softly. She hadn't had a choice. She had felt like she had had to fire the shot she did. She looked behind her, and her father came in carrying a wet, smelly Dakota.

"How'd you get her?" Khaat asked.

"I took her from Brian who got her from somebody else. Seems like they were playing 'Pass the Stinky Baby' downstairs. I think its my job to change her. WIll yo ube alright until I get back?"

"I'll be fine," Khaat smiled. Her father took Dakota into the nursery and changed her and brought her back, looking better and certainly smelling better.

"Khaat," he said softly. "You did what you were trained to do. You had no choice."

"I know," she said barely above a whisper.

"So, what's the problem then?"

"I don't want anyone to keep getting thrown into this headlong because of me. I really don't. Look at this. Its madness. All my friends? They're now working for me. They're now trained to be bodyguards. They can't just be my friends. They have to risk their lives for me on a daily basis."

"They love you. They wouldn't change a thing. You know that."

"Wouldn't they?" she said, angry now. "Wouldn't they trade all this to have a peaceful life with their families? Really?"

"What are you planning, Khaat?" he frowned.

"Nothing," she said.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing whatsoever."

"Liar," he sighed, handing Dakota to her. "Take care of your daughters." He left and went back downstairs. Khaat sensed he was uneasy now more than before. Somehow, though, she couldn't help that, though.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 am

Cassidy looked as Brian returned with out Dakota and sighed she did like the kid but she had no idea how to change a diaper if she did she would have kept hold of her. Standing up she moved up to the bedrooms passing Khaat with Dakota she paused leaning on the door frame.

"excuse me fore asking but you ok ?" she asked " you seemed a bit shook up earlier , well I guess any on would be but you seem to be more than usual" she smiled at Dakota and sighed "I really should learn how to change you " she moved to stand facing Khaat "if your worried about those men coming back ,I wouldn't I'm sure Brian and the minister got rid of them and jack and Jessica are watching all entrances there s no way they can get in buy magic this place is sealed up tight " she didn't know what else to say to her and sat down to face her.

"I know its not my place to say this but I feel like I found a family , I had one once but they seem just to want me to leave here I feel accepted " she looked at her and rubbed the back of her neck "I think even Steven's taken a shine to me too, thats a little unsettling since i don't know how to handle that yet , but he'll get the message if i smack him one"she held up her hands. "Never in front of your two beautiful daughters " she said ad smiled at Dakota "your very lucky to have them"
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 pm

"I'm glad you feel at home with us," Khaat said. "We like people, and I like the house best when its busy. I'm really glad Brian built a really big house that lends itself to that. I wouldn't worry about Steven if I were you. He'ss a good guy. He's just been through a bit, and I think it makes him feel lonely. I think we all know how that feels."

"If you want to learn how to change a diaper, I'll let you know the next time one of the girls are wet. Its a pretty common sense thing, really. And if you're going to be around the kids, its something you will have to learn. It happens around here frequently.

"As for me? I'm okay. I've killed before. Probably will have to do it again. Doesn't mean I like it. I don't. My father and my uncle trained me to be a warrior. And they trained me killing is just part of the job. They also braced me that the wizarding world might come to this and get worse before it got better. Somehow now that I see it happening, the planet just doesn't seem big enough. Nowhere to go. No place to hide. No place they can't find me.

"I used to tell Rob and Brian that when I wanted to run away from England, I always pictured myself running to some little place in Italy and just living a very quiet life. I can't somehow even seem to be able to do that. I don't know if all this is really worth it. I guess that's my problem."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Cassidy listened and smiled as she spoke of Steven she wondered just what it was that made him so lonely on her next words she chuckled "yes I guess i should learn , I'd like that very much" she said still sitting as she heard Khaat talk about being brought up as a warrior , that surprised Cassidy she had heard roomers about it but she always took Khaat as a mother not a fighter .

"I took you to me a mother not a fighter, and you'll have that again you have a lot of friends willing to see to that come true , guess i do now too" she said and smiled.

Steven walked in and smiled "aha, there you are Cassie , Jack needs reliving at the back door" he said looking at Khaat and walking over "if you need anything let me know " he said but as Cassidy walked out he watched her "she's very green Khaat"he said but his voice was not hard but soft as she spoke.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 am

"I was a warrior before I ever entered Hogwarts, I suppose," Khaat replied. "My uncle did the lion's share of raising me because I was so very different from both of my parents during those years and so very much like my uncle. I know my parents didn't think they understood me. Sometimes they still don't. Remus always understood. I...lost...part of what kept me feeling alive when he died.

"Until Brian came back into my life and I had my girls...."

When Steven came in and redirected Cassidy, Khaat quit talking and just waited. When she left and Steven spoke, Khaat said, "Of course she's green. She's been on her own. She hasn't had anyone to trail her. Nobody. She's learned by the seat of her pants. The way we all would have learned if we hadn't had my father and Remus to do the training. That's where Brian got it, and its where we all honed up our skills. She didn't have that advantage. She'll learn. We all did. She just needs some time and a good coach."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:24 am

Steven looked down at her and his cheek went pink as she said a good coach, he'd never seen himself as a coach before. He stood for a moment thinking then nodded "ok" he said and sat down "I'd like to take that role , strictly coach " he said looking at her hoping she would not think he would make the same mistake again. Inside he hoped she would agree it would give him something to focus on and to take his mind off the fact he had nobody around him.

Cassidy walked up to Jack a little intimidated by his size.Jessica stood with him talking and smiled seeing her walk up to them. "Steven said you needed reliving" she said and looked at them both.

Jessica smiled as Jack spoke. "thanks Cassidy about time i am gasping for a coffee " he said and took Jessica buy the hand for a moment she paused placing her hand on Cassidy's shoulder"don't worry we'll just be down the hall" she said and left her arm around Jacks waist.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:35 am

"Well, you certainly could at least break her in and show her the ropes. You know how things are done. Maybe you should show her around. Brian is trying not to be preoccupied, but I know he has some of the same concerns I do," Khaat told him. "I'm trying to give him a little distance."

"Give who a little distance?" Brian came in, with his always cheerful smile on his face.

"You," she said.

"Me?" he frowned. "You can't get away from me that easily. Steven, what do you say about us taking the little girls and giving them to Angus and their grandfather for a bit so that I can have some alone time with their mommy? She looks like she needs to destress. Saving my ass isn't always an easy job."

"Somebody had to do it. I can't afford your housepayments on that big house." Khaat said.

"You could too," Brian laughed, kissing her. He picked up both babies and walked over to Steven. "How many girls can you handle at once? One or two?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:45 am

Steven smiled as he spoke "that I could do " he said turning to see brain he stood up glancing at Khaat "don't worry she'll know what to do my the time I'm done with her Khaat" he held out his hands to Brian "ow i can carry both " he said sliding them both to his hips "come on lets find grand daddy and uncle Angus and leave your dad and mom alone " he nodded to both and left the room heading into the loving room he looked up the corridor and saw Cassidy looking out the door window "relax a little " he said and saw her shoulders drop. Chuckling he moved into the living room and spied Robert.

"Sir two people have come to see you, Brian wanted some alone time with Khaat, so they have come to visit " he held up Dakota watching out the corner of his eyes as Jack moved back to relive Cassidy who walked in behind them "but first Abby need her diaper changed" he said and held her still as he moved to the nursery, passing Cassidy he placed his hand on her shoulder "you said you wanted to learn how. " he said Cassidy looked at Robert and Brain stunned and speachless
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 98 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top