Sand and Snow - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 4 of 98 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 4 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:14 am

Brian found Khaat out of the tub and dressing in her jeans again, and this time she had simply put on one of Brian's t shirts. It was ridiculously too big, and Brian laughed out loud when he saw her.

"Oh no. Not that. Not a chance," he laughed. "You are not wearing that if you expect to come out of this room."

"I like it," she defended.

"I could put two of you in it," he said. "No. You want me to resize it?"

"Don't you touch it," she glared.

"Its too big, though!"

"Okay, fine," she sighed. She accio'd one of his denim shirts from the closet and put it on over the t shirt and rolled up the sleeves. Brian roared with laughter.

"That looks even worse," he said.

"I'm on vacation and I'm covered. Live with it," she said.

"Alright. For now," he smiled. "Here. Abbey needs her mama." he said. He waited until Khaat was settled on the bed, sitting and leaning against the headboard. Then he handed Abbey to her. Khaat looked at the mark on Abbeys' forehead and was about to give Brian what for, when he said to her, "I didn't do it. That was her sister."

"My poor baby," Khaat soothed, kissing Abbey's forehead. Abbey cuddled into Khaat and began sucking on her fist.

"I'll go get her a bottle. I'll be righth back," Brian smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 am

Cassidy looked at Steven who still stood at the door he wondered why he was still there, she glanced from Dakota to Steven and back . "The more you stand there the longer it will take" she said smiling as she turned back to Dakota and played.

Steven chuckled "ok in time" he said and smiled turning he walked to the kitchen for a cup of coffee leaving Cassidy with Dackota.

Cassidy shook her head and smiled "hes pumping for some thing isn't he" she said in a babyish voice to Dakota dodging a toy that flew at her from the pen.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:02 am

Brian brought a juice bottle for Abbey from the kitchen, and he sat down next to Khaat on the bed and put his arm around her shoulder. Khaat was more than happy to curl into him while she was feeding Abbey. It seemed like they didn't have much time to be alone. Not really. Between the constant threads on her life and the constant needs of two babies, along with their jobs, there hadn't been much time for anything. While Abbey was contentedly enjoying her juice, Khaat waqs savoring Brian showering her with kisses.

Suddenly her blood began to run cold. She wasn't sure why, but fear rose up on her at a level she hadn't had in awhile. She handed Abbey to Brian and got up and went to the window. She stood in silence, looking down at the beach, right into the faces of Luther Burke and Tom Gelding. They had found her within hours. All she could think about was the vision she had of having to face them alone.

"They're here," she finally told Brian softly, feeling immense sadness. "Already."

"What!" he exclaimed, leaping to his feet, as Abbey's bottle fell to the floor. He raced to the window, carrying Abbey. He looked over Khaat's shoulder and saw them standing, just staring up at the house. "Why, of all the cheek!" he hissed under his breath. "Those bastards! Get away from the windows, Khaat. They might know where the house is but they still haven't penetrated the protection spells. That's why they're still standing out there. Move away from the windows. Here. Take Abbey." He handed Abbey back to Khaat and went to the door of the bedroom and looked out in the hallway. He saw Cassidy in the nursery with Dakota.

"Cassidy! Bring Dakota and come help Khaat guard the babies," He ordered. "We're on alert. Gelding and Burke are outside. We need to be sure they don't penetrate my protection charms. Do NOT leave Khaat or the kids alone for any reason--Understand me? Nothing is more important than that."

He apparated downstairs. "Hey! Heads up! On alert! All of you!" he barked out sharply to everyone.. "Gelding and Burke are outside. Do NOT go outside to pursue them. Hold your ground. Keep them out of the house. Stay on the defensive for now. Do not attack unless I order it. Spread out and make sure they dont' get in."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Cassidy with out thinking grabbed up Dakota in her arms reaching for where her wand would have sat she suddenly realized it was back in her room. She held the small child close to her, noticing how Steven moved to stand with her his wand out quickly moving her to Khaat in the room opposite Cassidy sat with Dakota who now clung to her feeling the stress in the room, her head half buried in Cassidy's robe pulling it half down.

Steven hearing Brian's words quickly drew his wand moving closer to Cassidy and Dakota his leg touching her shoulder he stood that close and he felt the heat of her even threw his trouser leg. Reaching down he motioned for her to stand and helped her up to her feet. Then threw to be with Khaat thinking it would be better if they were all in the same room Jess and jack stood at the window both wands drawn Jess hand one hand up in front of her but their faces serious.

Cassidy looked at Khaat and abbey then at the windows and doors her ears picking up nothing not a sound. "Maybe he's just scoping out the defenses and will go when he realizes he can't get in. " she said looking around still as she unconsciously brushing the dark hair of Dakota and shushing her gently like a mother would. As if she had her own child in her arms.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 pm

"That's exactly what they're doing," Khaat said softly. She had backed up a few steps so that she could still see out the windows but so that they could not see her. She watched them fire useless spells at the house and watched the spells bounce off Brian's shields uselessly. She began to sense that not all the spells belonged to Brian. Some of them were her father's as well. She hadn't known when he had come and laid layers of spells on as well, but so far the barrier seemed to be formidible for the pair. She hated these sorts of stalemates.

She could feel a bit of a slight prickling sensation at the back of her neck. Magic in the air. Powerful magic. It was activating her seer's senses again. Then she recognized the magic signature. Her father. She felt his presence in the house. How had he known?

"My father is here," she said very softly. "I can feel him. I wonder how he knew."

Meanwhile, Robert had, in fact arrived--to Brian's summons. Robert arrived with his wand drawn, and his mind fully set on battle. He would protect his family. "Stay in the house," he told everyone. "Brian, you're with me. Let's go and greet our guests, shall we?"

"I was about to do that," Brian said.

"Not without me, Lad. You'll be outmatched. Good as you are, you'd be outmatched," Robert said. He looked at Jack very seriously. "If this goes wrong and we dont' come back, get Khaat and the babies home immediately. Take her to Grimmauld and to Jess. They won't know to look for her there. Understood?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Cassidy still stood holding Dakota and saw Robert walk with Brian she wanted to help but the child in her arms needed her more and she pulled her close so she would not see what was about to occur.

Jack nodded looking at his Jess , then back "yes sir, on my life though i hope it won't come to that." he said and moved to stand with Khaat as did Jessica.

Steven moved next to Cassidy he gave her a reassuring smile "some first day huh" he said seeing her sighed and rolled her head and eyes at him she moved slightly away but not that far from him.

Cassidy felt like he was crowding her, but some how felt a little secure with him being close buy when he spoke she could not help the roll of her head and eyes as she stepped a pace or two away still holding Dakota. She was puzzled at his smile.

"Men, give them an inch of kindness they think you want them, shesh" she said not admitting that his being there made her feel that little bit safer paticulerly holding the ministers grand daughter in her arms.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 am

"Spread out through the house," Robert ordered. Cover it as best you can. If you all hover here with her, you'll leave 99% of the house unprotected. If Khaat's in trouble, you'll know it. Spread out." He looked at Brian. "Ready?"

"Always," Brian replied, always ready to defend his family. "We going out together?"

"No. You take Burke, I'll take Gelding. Don't feel like you hvae to kill. YOu just need to ward them off."

"Got it," Brian said. They apparated out together for separate locations.

Khaat watched Brian apparate out to the beach behind Burke at the same time her father apparated out behind Gelding. Her blood ran cold. "No," she said softly, flying to the window, unable to do anything but watch now.

She watched both of the men she loved draw their wands and fire before either intruder knew what hit them. Blood flew everywhere,. Wand fire returned several times, and, finally, Burke and Gelding disapparated, leaving pools of blood behind them. Hard as she looked, she didn't see any blood on either Brian or her father. But she wasn't breathing easier yet. Not yet.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:58 am

Steven moved to the back door near Cassidy's room while Cassidy chose to head there to dress taking Dakota with her and setting her down on the floor for a moment not taking her eyes off her as she quickly slipped on a spaghetti top and jeans then still bear foot she tied her wand around her leg and headed with Dakota back into the living room where she stood still holding her now comfortable with her sat on her hip as she waited for the two men to return.

Steven watched jack take over from him at the back door and headed threw to the main living room pushing each room door open so he could see what lay inside so no surprises, as he entered he brushed his hand around Cassie's waist in a friendly manner she looked at him a little annoyed but said nothing. "everything ok in here ?" he asked her looking at Dakota tickling her tummy to make her laugh.

Cassidy watched Khaat and then turned to Steven "yeah its pretty quiet " she said "strange " she said her hand moving down to her wand and checking she could get to it if she needed to.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 am

Khaat felt like she really couldn't even breathe until she knew for sure, saw for herself, that Brian and her father were alright. They looked alright from what little she could see. They were walking back towards the house. They were smiling and laughing. And her father put his arm around Brian's shoulder. She couldn't take her eyes off them.

Until--she saw a figure apparate onto the beach behind them and draw on them. Khaat's wand seemed to flying into action on their its own. She raised it and fired. One shot--one Avada Kedavra. The figure fell dead. Brian and her father spun around, hearing wandfire. They saw the dead body on the beach and drew their wands, not sure where the wandfire had come from. Brian glanced up at the house and saw Khaat, her wand still leveled at the body on the beach. He nudged Robert who looked up at Khaat.

They walked back to the body, confiscated the wand and lowered the hood on the cloaked figured. She saw her father was not happy but something or another. He checked the body for life and then apparated himself and the body away. Brian soon followed.

A moment later, Brian and Robert came upstairs. "We have a dead would-be assassin in the wine cellar. He'll stay there until I can get him back to London," Robert told the guards. "Burke and Gelding appear to be gone, but we dont' know if there are more coming or not. Stay alert for awhile and lets see what they do."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:32 am

Cassidy jumped slightly as Khaat fired off a shot, Steven spun her around as Cassidy covered Dakota with her body sheltering her from the noise, seeing Brian walked over to Khaat she walked over. "well is it safe to give you this little one, coz she need a diaper change badly" she said handing her over and looking at the damp patch on her top pulling it from her skin "I think it could be juice but then again she could be wanting a change. Turning she walked back to her room at this rate she'd be out of tops .

Steven walked over to Brain and Robert and looked out the window watching the beach below . 2that was bold of them to be out in the open like that" he said turning to quickly look at Robert and Brian "seems a little off " he said .

"Maybe it was a message that he knew where she was and could get to her anytime he wanted but how did he know she was here?" she said puling down a light blue top quickly hiding a scar across her abdomen and acting as if it wasn't even there.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 98 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top