Sand and Snow - Page 33
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 33 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 33 of 98 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 65 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 33 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:37 pm

The village was something out of a travel brochure. It had little narrow streets and age old buildings that had been there for hundreds of years, and cobblestone and brick streets. Brian helped Khaat out carefully, making sure she had steady footing before he took her stick out of the van and handed it to her. "Now, you hold tight to me," he told her. "It won't be so easy walking on this uneven pavement."

"Aren't you being a bit protective?" she asked.

"No," he replied firmly, wrapping her hand around his arm. "And use that stick. Don't just carry it."

They visited several shops and Brian bought a number of specialty food items, local cheeses, smoked meats, fresh produce and other things. Khaat so far had bought very little.

The moment they entered the Giovanni shop, Khaat was stunned and amazed. Every inch held a new wonder that fascinated her. She could hardly take it all in.

"Uh oh," Brian laughed. "I think my checkbook is about to feel a pinch." She wandered off from him to go look at a rack of stunning lace dresses and robes and nightgowns. They were outstanding, and Khaat fell in love with several of them at first sight. She looked back for Brian who had simply followed her, glad to see her smile again. When she looked back for him, he just nodded. "Anything you want, Baby," he said. "Even if it means we buy the store. If you want it, buy it."

"Really?" she asked.

"Really," he said, kissing her forehead softly

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Jess walked into the sop and saw a wonderful tea set white with gold trim almost like the one Alonzo had used she immediately picked it up in its box and paid for it then headed for some children toys she had seen. Jack groaned but chuckled as he watched her move from one spot to the next .

"Brian hope that vans big enough to take all the things Jess is going to buy" he said looking at the slowly building pile he held now.

Steven looked at Cassidy but she just staid at his side looking around she'd not seen anything that she liked then she did in a shop across the road. Moving from him she walked across and inside there she found a light white chiffon dress with no straps and matching sandals she smiled and bought it looking around she saw another in red smiling she moved back to Steven who seemed to find something himself he was looking at a moonstone ring. Before she could say anything he had bought it and sliped it on her finger .

"Don't say anything, please " he said Cassidy smiled at him and nodded he smiled kissing her.

Jess stopped and watched smiling but saying nothing about it it was not her place she moved to jack now done "ok all done " she said seeing the relived look on his face .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:11 am

Khaat picked out several dresses and draped them over Brian's waiting arm. She found some lace shooes for summer, and then found some beautiful linens for the house--sheets and towels, tablerunners and placeemats and tablecloths. She bought some candles and some glassware and found lovely handblown glass ornaments for the flowerbeds this spring.

Brian just laughed. He just let her spend whatever she wanted. He knew she was actually trying to restrain herself, but she was having much too good a time for him to interfere. He paid for it gladly and made sure to get a business card so that he could go back in the future for gift ideas.

He was starting to be glad he had brought the van too.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:32 am

Cassidy looked at the ring and smiled it was simple just like she liked , smiling she held him closer to her feeling like it should be there on her finger. She was happy her life had turned around for the better . Good friends and now a man who cared for her , a lot. she pulled him down and kissed him , "Thank you" she said softly to him.

Steven smiled she hadn't taken it off and now looked like the cat who got the cream he was surprised , pleasantly when she pulled him down to kiss her.

"well with things being the way they are between Brian and khaat, I felt I needed to let you now before it was too late how much I cared for you Cassie " he said as his hand caressed her cheek. " Doesn't mean I'm going easy with the training though" he said and chuckled as she lightly hit his chest then laughed herself .

Cassidy looked over at Jess and Jack then back at Steven "I wouldn't want you to were still working partners after all as well as being a couple" she said her face lit with a smile
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:47 am

Khaat was on her way back to the van, and Brian had allowed her to walk without hanging onto his arm for the distance, against his better judgement because of the great number of packages he was carrying. It was huge. And a lot of it was glass.

A man in a dark winter coat with a broad brimmed black hat bumped into her on the crowded street, and it threw her off balance. "48 hours" he whispered very softly but clearly in her ear and then slyly shoved her so that she twisted her ankles badly and fell to the cobblestone street. She panicked. When she looked up the man in the black coat was just simply gone. Nowhere to be seen. She flicked her fingers and apparated away, out of the crowd.

She reappeared behind the store, hidden deeply amongst piles of wooden packing crates. She drew out the small bottle of potion she had with her, and swallowed a gulp of it, and repocketted the little bottle quickly. Her heart was beating out of her chest. Every part of her shook in fright. She didn't remember of acting this way before Barker had nearly killed her. Now, panic was a new part of who she had become, at least for now. And she was ashamed. Remus had always taught her to be brave. But she honestly had no bravery left. All she had left inside was terror and shame. And the thought was rising in her faster and harder that she needed to run--to run from them all--run away alone and hide. Hide from her enemies, and hide the wreck she had become from those she loved.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:03 am

Steven being stood near the window watched Khaat seeing the man knock her down he left Cassidy and ran out but buy the time he got out every one dissipated and she was no where to be seen he dove back in to the shop "BRIAN SHE'S GONE , some one knocked her down then she was gone when i got there" he said out of breath .

Jess looked at Jack , she knew it might give her a head ache but she opened up searching for her and found her "Khaat!" she said Jack holding Jess "shes scared, I know where she is, come on" she said and took him threw the back door into the alley behind, again she closed her eyes the pain increasing as she searched.

"there behind the crates " she said , jack moved them while Jess moved to him and knelt "Khaat your fine , we're here" she turned to Jack "fetch Brain" she said as no sooner finished he dove into the shop.

Jess knelt in front of her and sighed "Khaat I know" she said softly " I know about the potion your taking" she reached out and took her hand holding it "i knew that day i got the head ache you put your barrier up after i figured it out, this is what he wants , you have to be stronger, draw your strength from those around you , we all care for you, and not as bodyguards but your friends" she hoped something of what she was saying would get threw to her. "I won't say anything to Brian thats up to you, don't give up on us , we didn't on you"
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 am

"Jess?...You know?" she was thunderstruck and instantly humiliated. "I never meant for this to happen. Honest. But, please., please.....you don't get it. What if Brian finds out? He just doesn't believe in it....what if..what if he throws me out for good, takes my babies...what if...its all over? Rob...he knows. He found out...but Brian is so different.

"I can't ask you all to live with me, with what I am now. I have to go, I have to...." her words were cut off because she heard Brian's running footsteps. He shoved crates aside like they were paper just to get to her. He knelt beside her.

"Khaat, I'm here," he said. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" She shook her head. "Did you know him?" She shook her head again, tears welling up in her eyes. He reached down and felt her ankles. "They might be sore, but I don't feel a lot of new damage. Can you stand? I'll help." He stood up and when he went to help her up, he had to lift her entirely. Her legs would not hold her. "Thats just nerves," he said, understandingly. "Stand just a minute and it will quit," he told her.

"Thank you, Jess," Brian said, relieved beyond what any words could ever say. "I don't know how to thank you enough. Jess, see if anyone can find someplace to get her a take out cup of hot tea. Something to steady her nerves. I'm going to take her back to the van." Khaat hesitated, frightened. "Relax," Brian said to her. "You're with me. You're alright. We're just going to walk back to the van. Come on. One step at a time. You can do it. We're not going to let anything happen." He put his strong arm around her waist and walked her back out of the alley and towards the van.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:47 am

Jess listened to her and shook her head "god sake Khaat, listen to your self , Brian loves you beyond measure , he would not take the kids from you ever ..." she would have said more but Brian showed up " you have to tell him Khaat , hes not going anywhere he loves you to much, it would hurt him more that your not sharing it " she sighed and stepped back to find Jacks arms around her from behind her as Brian took Khaat to the van.

Cassidy stood in the door way with Steven watching she took his hand and tightly held it. Both moved back inside and collected the packages , Jack collected his own then khaat and Brian's making sure not to drop them. Placing all in the van he waited for Jess who still looked at Khaat hoping she would say anything her mind on Khaat.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:59 am

Brian helped Khaat into the van and saw a tea house a couple doors down the street. "Stay with her, you all. I'll be right back," he asid. He made a dash down the street to the teahouse and bought her a large paper cup of chamomile tea. He brought it back for her and got into the van and handed her the tea. She was shaking so badly she couldn't begin to hold the cup at first.

"Use both hands," He coached her softly. "Until your nerves settle. It'll be alright. Khaat, this is important. DId he say anything to you? Did he do anything? Anything unusual at all?"

"He..shoved me," she said. "On purpose."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Have you ever seen him before?"

"No. Never," she answered truthfully.

"Did he say anything?"

"48 hours," she said. "Thats all. I don't know what it means. But that's what he said."

"No wonder you ran," he sighed. "Don't worry. We aren't going to let anything happen. I promise. On your toes, you all. I don't know if this is Burke and Gelding trying to throw a scare into us or what it means, but I don't think we should let our guard down."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 am

Cassidy moved to sit behind Khaat as she listened Steven looked around the out side of the van making sure nothing and nobody got close to the van when some one did just a look from him would send them running away. Jess on the other hand looked at Khaat knowingly her head hurt but she ignored it for now she knew now why she had it , she felt the strain khaat putting on her self to keep hid what Jess knew now.

Jack stood out side the van as Brian returned with the tea he kept his guard up smells hung in the air but nothing specific to many people had walked over covering any scent that the man had left and he kicked himself. he looked at Jess "you ok hun?" he asked seeing the pained look on her face.

" Jess looked at him her eyes filling with tears "I can't tell you not yet" she said softly then she moved to hold him like her life depended on it.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 98 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 65 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top