Sand and Snow - Page 11
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 11 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 11 of 98 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 54 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 11 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:34 am

"DId I not hear you say yourself that she was green?" Robert asked. "Working with a partner is a skill. One she probably needs to learn. If I have her anywhere near right, she's learned to work alone because its far more comfortable for her than any attachments to anyone else. Well, she's going to have to get past that if she's going to work for me. It's pretty simple. Oh, and by the way, I want you all to be fully informed on what I did back there and why. And I refuse to talk behind Khaat's back. Not about this. Follow me upstairs to her room, please." He motioned to Jess and Jack and Angus as well.

Khaat was leaning back against the pillowsfeeling useless when her father entered, bringing everyone with him. She already knew what he was going to say. She understood him too well not to. This was more for the benefit of the guards than for hers. He walked over and laid his hands on her ankles. "I am sorry I did that," he said gently.

"I know. You needed to make your point," she told him simply.

"Yes. I did," he replied. "But they need to know the rest of it."

"So tell them. Its not like they can't see it for themselves," she shrugged. "Just don't let them think I asked for it, would you? I didn't choose this."

"Khaat," he caressed her cheek lovingly. "Nobody thinks you did. This belongs to Barker. Not just Barker, but a lifetime of damage. Its going to take time. We'll work it out. Trust me."

"I do," she said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:05 am

cassidy heard voices but just lay on the bed her arm over her face listening she heard foot steps leading away from the rooms. she could not stop thinking about being partnered with Steven or with any one and she hated the idea.

Steven looked at Robert and sighed nodding " yes I did , I will do my best with her " he said and nodded following as he said he wanted to explain everything Steven saw Cassidy's door was shut and knocked pushing it open he spoke Robert wants us all in Khaat's room Cassie" he said watching her move slowly towards him and out to stand in the doorway of Khaat's room. Steven moved behind her he noticed she stood straight feeling him there. He lent forward "relax will you I don't bite and I'm not going to hurt you " he saw her look at him surprised at him.

Once Robert had finished Cassidy moved back to her room, Steven followed her watching as she sat down in her bed "if were to be partners you have to trust me and let me into that head of yours " he said and was surprised as she looked up at him.

"whats to know my family are dead i lived alone and on the streets til i was taken to Hogwarts where i learned about magic and who i was till..." she stopped seeing Steven move slightly forward , she stood up and walked over to him "Till my best friend was take raped and beaten and sold to a slave merchant yet nobody or Auror would do anything, I had to I had to go into that depths of hell and get her back , she was never the same " she turned her back to him "its why i work alone always have "

Steven moved to her placing his hand on her shoulder as he spoke softly "I know about that i read your file, she was in a difficult situation, where the man who took her kept her too long , that man Cassidy, was killed buy Robert several months after you broke in and took her " he said watching her turn to face him " we were working on rescuing her but in a way we could take down his whole organization in one go, what you didn't know was we did it for a while , you friend was taken to St Mongos and the best doctors tended to her shes fine , your being hard on your self for nothing they hurt you more than her , let it go , stop blaming your self " he said

Cassidy listened to him he did know all about it and her she looked passed him at Jess who stood at the door way smiling "he just wants to help " she said and moved away with jack . Cassidy looked at him and nodded " ok but it will take me time " she said softly Steven nodded and smiled holding out his hand for her to take " trust starts with one small step" he said smiling as she took his hand and he closed it around hers.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Khaat listened to Robert explain to the crew that Khaat's health was very fragile, largely because she was so underweight and thin. That was the real cause of her ankles healing so slowly. And it was going to take time for her to safely regain the weight she needed to have. She felt embarressed, and she felt like a burden. She had always taken care of herself. Now, her life had changed. She had a whole entourage to take care of her. She really didn't like it. She wanted them back as friends. Not as bodyguards, chefs, butlers, whatever else they were. She wanted them as her friends.

She gave up. She went to bed even though it was still early. She simply closed her eyes and went to sleep.

Brian came back to check her later and found that she had fallen asleep. He looked at her face and saw it was not a peaceful sleep. There was something on her mind. Something not quite right. He couldnt put his finger on it, but what he did know was that she wasn't happy. Not at all.

He sighed heavily. Making Khaat happy was almost the most important thing in his life--after her safety. Something was wrong. She was shifting. Creating a distance. And that never ever went well. Not ever.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm

cassidy sighed feeling his hand holding hers she did something she had never done before she moved and hugged him Steven hugged her back then smiled "ok, lets get to training " he moved her out and glanced in the door way of Khaats room seeing her alseep and Brian with her he smiled .

"will she be OK " he asked softly so not to wake her, Cassidy stood with him looking at both of them. then back to Brian for her answer "I haven't know her that long but in away she helped me , she gave me a home and a family of sorts " she smiled back at Steven "something I haven't had in along time" she looked at Khaat asleep "she looks so peaceful "
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:51 pm

"Yes," Brian said, deciding not to say anything to them until he had talked to her himself. "She's just tired. And she really wanted to go with us tomorrow. She was counting on it. She's realizing her own limitations. I'm going to stay with her. I'll see you all in the morning. Sleep well. Goodnight."

Khaat woke in the morning to rain on the windows. Rain? In January? She saw Brian had been to sleep and was already up again. He had let her sleep. She tossed back the covers. Her ankles were coal black after bearing her weight last night even for the brief time they had. The swelling was gone, but they hurt. In order to stand today, she had to use her stick. Even then, her ankles were stiff and aching. She walked to the window and saw the rain was really a freezing rain. Ice was covering everything and getting thicker. She sighed. There was no way she could go with them now. She pounded her fist on the windowsill in frustration and heard an unusual babbling noise. She spun around so quickly she nearly fell from trying to move that fast on her ankles.

There on the floor was Abbey. She was actually crawling into Khaat's room. Khaat stared wide eyed and stunned. Her daughter had come to her. It was a first. Abbey was crawling across the carpet, coming to her.

"Abbey!" she said, She didn't want Brian to miss this milestone in Abbey's life. "Brian! Come here." She called for him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:53 pm

Jess heard Khaat can out for Brian and ran to her room and smiled seeing Abby on the floor crawling "aww a first, such precious things " she said softly and smiled not moving just watching remembering how her twins were she had missed Andrew's moments being kidnapped but she was not missing any with the twins .

Cassidy with Steven crossed the hall to watch and she smiled not realizing she she had not even let go of his hand and still held it . She watched the small girl crawling across the floor.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:29 am

She heard Brian bounding up the stairs with Angus right on his heels. He was in full alert mode. He spun on his heel into the doorway and nearly stumbled in order to keep from falling right on Abbey. He stopped short, stumbled and fell sideways into an overstuffed easy chair to avoid falling on her.

"You!" he looked at Abbey, who stopped, looked up at Brian and giggled at him, calling him Da Da. "How'd you get in here?"

"She crawled," Khaat said softly.

Brian relaxed, seeing the house was still secure. He straightened himself and sat watching Abbey. Abbey had thought about crawling over to Khaat, but when she saw Brian, she stopped, turned around and grabbed onto his pantleg, pulling herself up to a sitting position, clinging to his jeans, calling him Da Da.

He picked her up and tossed her up in the air, laughing. "You are my girl, aren't you?" he laughed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:42 am

Cassidy chuckled and smiled , she felt Jess place her arm over her shoulders and she looked at her "the joys of parent hood Cassidy " she said "your all ready good with kids, thats clear with Dakota " she said noticing the still sleeping baby. Cassidy looked where she was looking and smiled .

"yeah, shes not a bad kid" she said then watched Brian with Abbey and how she pulled her self to sit "wow can they do that this young?" she asked hearing Steven chuckling from behind her .

"Yes they can " he said moving closer to her from behind. " abbey is bright for her age so she's developing fast " he said looking at Dakota "She on the other hand i think is the laid back type, ow one more thing can I have my hand back" he asked a slight smile on Jess's face as Cassidy blushed and let go.

"sorry " she said a little embarrassed.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:53 am

"Where is Dakota?" Khaat asked. If Abbey was here, where had Dakota crawled off to? That was what she wanted to know.

"Don't worry," Angus said. "I saw Max just a little bit ago. If I know him, he's leading her behind a sofa someplace. I'll find her." He left to go back downtairs to go find Dakota.

"I hope she's okay," Khaat said.

"Now where on earth would she go, Babe? She can't get out. Relax. Angus will find her. Max is a good babysitter. Even if he is 4 footed. Can I get you some coffee?"

"I'll get it," she said.

"No. Rest your feet," he said quickly. He handed Abbey to Jess rather quickly and abruptly, getting on his feet. "I'll be right back." He disappeared downstairs. She knew what he had meant. Her ankles were black from the dueling match with her father last night. She was considering whether she could talk him into a rematch today. She wasn't counting on it, though.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:12 am

Steven chuckled as he saw the look on Cassidy's face he over heard Khaat and Brian and shook his head walking in "no she's not she's asleep in her crib, Cassidy's with her " he said seeing Abbey in Jess's arms he played with her small hand and making her giggle as he lightly blew raspberry on it.

Cassidy moved to the crib and gently pulled a small blanket over Dakota she had never seen something do small and innocent in her life , she let her finger trace over her small hand . Sighing she took a last look and moved to the door way and watched Khaat jess and Steven who was playing with Abby.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 98 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 54 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top