Sand and Snow - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sand and Snow - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sand and Snow

Page 7 of 98 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 52 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sand and Snow - Page 7 Empty Re: Sand and Snow

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:31 am

Khaat let Angus serve her dinner, and she took her time with the savory Italian vegetable soup with local homemade sausage. It was comforting and delicious. It made her feel at home and felt nurturing for her. She asked Brian to split one of the panini's with her. She wasn't sure she could eat a whole one herself. He had one of his own, but quickly stepped in to split one with her. She wasn't surprised that he easily managed to eat his own and the half he split with her.

Meanwhile, she enjoyed every bite of her soup, her part of the panini, and let Angus talk her into just half a ladle more of soup. She rarely ever had a second helping of anything. But this struck a cord with her, one she enjoyed.

"I..I'd really like to go out after dinner," she said. "Anybody want to come with me?"

"Out where?" Brian asked.

"I don't know."

" Well, we could go for a short walk, or..." He reached in his pocket and drew out the keys to her red lamborghini. "Fancy a drive?" he grinned.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 am

Cassidy ate her soup to her it was unusual but tasty to say the least. she bumped Steven's arm more than once and sighed shaking her head . She looked up at Khaat when she said about going out then looked to the others who just seemed relaxed about her asking that question.

"Do you think its safe what with..." she paused " those two still out there" she only wanted to remind them of the danger still lurking in the outside world . but inside she wanted so badly to sight see her self . Her eyes gave away her enthusiasm and want for exploration. She finished her soup and panini and sat back looking at there faces as she waited.

Steven looked at her and shook his head "Cassie there is no point in living in fear of what we don't know , live for now besides if we all go she'll be surrounded and with all those eyes it going to be tough for them to even get close " he said

Cassidy nodded "what about the babies can't take them in a Lamborghini?" she said looking at him.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:47 am

"Well," Brian said. "Since a lamborghini only seats who, it would be ahrd for much of anybody to go but Khaat and me. How about, Angus, you get the boat ready tomorrow, and we'll go for a day cruise? Doesn't need to be for days. And with the girls it shouldn't be. but we could go for the day. How does that sound, Khaat?"

"Fine by me," Khaat said, "I just...don't want to feel like I'm trapped in the house."

"You're a wizard. You're not trapped anywhere," Brian frowned.

"Not very often, anyway," Khaat admitted.

"I'll be happy to get the boat ready," Angus smiled. "So are we going before breakfast or after?"

"Can't we just do a light, continental breakfast?" Khaat asked.

"Does that work for everyone else, or do we want the traditional, oversized English breakfast?" Brian asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:16 am

Cassidy looked at Dakota who banged on her highchair and smiled. She understood that with every one there it would be safer and nodded "its 0k with me" she said hearing jack and Jess sing there approval too at a light breakfast. She moved Dakota's hand from her shoulder and chuckled as she made her take hold of the finger food she had in front of her.

Steven was about to move the small girls fingers but stopped thinking it was a little too forward for that sort of move he'd finished his and nodded his agreement to the sailing. "Coffee any one?" he asked and stood up taking Cassidy's plate he looked at her for approval and saw her nod and heading to the kitchen to put the kettle on for the coffees witch he returned several minuets later with on a nice silver tray and some small bisects .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 am

"That's a perfect ending to a wonderful meal," Khaat smiled. "Thank you, Steven." She took a cup of the coffee and a cookie.

"I'll send for the boat now," Angus said, rising. "You all enjoy your dinner and your coffee." Khaat watched him get up and leave for the kitchen.

"You really think its alright to take out the girls?" Khaat asked.

"On the boat?" Brian frowned.

"Yeah."

"I think its fine. Stop worrying, Mom. I think you should go and enjoy the day tomorrow and not worry about the babies. The girls are always surrounded with people. I think it'll be fine. What do you think, Guys? You think she has any concern to worry about the babies?" Brian asked, knowing all too well that everyone was too close to the babies for Burke to ever get their hands on them again.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 am

Steven placed a cup down in front of Cassidy while avoiding the hands of Dakota who he gave a bottle and one to Abbey so she would not feel left out before sitting down again to drink his coffee.

Cassidy watched him place it in front of her and moved it away from Dakota immediately so she would not try and grab it , she took a cookie and ate it "these are good " she said having not had Italian Biscuit Cookies before and now smiled at the taste.

"yea, thought they would be good since were in Italy " he said chuckling as he ate his own siting back in his chair watching her with his cup in his hand he admired how easily she seem to cope with Dakota so well.

Cassidy saw him look at her and just sipped her coffee quietly as she kept one eye on both babies.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:12 am

Khaat looked up and saw an owl land on the balcony railing. She nudged Brian. "For you?" she asked, pointing to the owl.

"Uh," Brian frowned. "I don't know. Just a minute." He got up and walked towards the door. He opened the patio door and stepped outside. He took the note clutched in the owl's claws and looked all around. He drew his wand and was about ready to fire when the voice shouted back at him to hold his fire.

"Show yourself!" Brian commanded.

Inside Khaat felt like her heart had stopped. She waited as she watched Brian carefully.

"It's just a boy," Brian called back. "I'm going down to meet him. Jack, cover me. Just in case. The rest of you--protect my family. I'll be right back." He made his way to the beach to meet the young teenaged boy who stood on the sand, putting the parchment envelope in his pocket. The lad looked like he was about Andrew's age, as far as Brian could see in the dark. But that didn't mean he had come alone, and it didn't mean he wasn't dangerous.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 am

Cassidy scooped up Dakota and held her against her chest, Steven moved in front of her both had there wands drawn as they watched jack walk to the patio doors his wand held up ready. Steven motioned to Cassidy to sit with Khaat witch she did .

"trouble?" she asked Khaat softly her wand pointed to the doors Jack now stood at , but it was Steven who spoke "we always expect trouble " he said quickly turning back to the window leaving Cassidy serious and nodding with a clinging Dakota on her top. She looked at Khaat and wondered what would happen next she was a little unnerved seeing she was so use to having an escape plan rather than sitting around waiting for them to attack.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:36 am

"I don't know," Khaat said, picking up Abbey and clutching her so tightly to her that Abbey began to fuss and fidget.

"Khaat," Angus said softly, "Let her breathe, Babe. Alright, Jess and Steven. I want you two to help cover the opposite directions. Cassidy, keep an eye towards the stairs. Steven, make sure no one takes us from behind from towards the kitchen. Jess, you watch Khaat's back. I'll keep an eye out to be sure Jack doesn't need any more backup. Let's not mess this up."

Meanwhile, Brian walked down the beach, keeping his wand in hand and making sure he kept his eyes wide open.

"Who are you?" he asked the boy.

"Just a messenger," the boy said. "A man gave me a whole bag of sickles if I brought this to you." He handed a parchment envelope to Brian.

"What'd he look like?" Brian asked.

"Never saw him. He never lowered his cloak. He just said he'd pay me."

"And you took it?"

"Hey! Its cold in Diagon Alley without anyplace to stay or anything to eat."

"How'd you get here?"

"He dropped me off here. Said you'd send me home. But actually, I sort of like it here."

Brian opened the envelope and lit his wand with a Lumos spell. He drew out the letter, read it, and then put it in his pocket. He drew his wand and flicked it at the young man, who disappeared. Brian sighed and apparated back up onto the balcony. He looked around and shouted into the night, "Not a chance! Forget it!"
He went back into the house and shut the patio door and locked it.

"Do a check of the whole house. Now!" He commanded. "Leave NO stone unturned! You be sure its safe. Oh, and we're all sleeping in the living room tonight. I want my family surrounded at all times. You all understand that?"

Khaat just looked at him. He was angry. Something had fired his temper up. Whatever it was, it was in the letters in his pocket.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:50 am

Even Cassidy was confused buy Brian shouting as she held Dakota her wand still facing the stairs as she looked as every one moved to there places Steven into the bedrooms one buy one then returning "bedrooms empty and secure " he said looking at Cassidy "looks like your in it now Cassie" he said the seriousness on his face telling her she actually was in the thick of it . she glanced to Khaat for a moment and then back to the stairs still holding Dakota.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 98 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 52 ... 98  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top