Snowflakes and Shopping Bags - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Snowflakes and Shopping Bags - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Snowflakes and Shopping Bags

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snowflakes and Shopping Bags - Page 6 Empty Re: Snowflakes and Shopping Bags

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Brian was on pins and needles waiting to hear about Khaat. He saw the rather rude display the brusque woman made bringing in the child. She came across as rather pushy to Brian. He wasn't entirely impressed. She had obviously managed to rescue the child, but she was making a bit of a spectacle of herself. The organization didn't work that way. They much preferred stealth. He glanced over at Steven and Jess.

"A freelancer," Brian said quietly. "We see those sometimes. They hear about the organization but don't generally know how to join or don't want to because they have an axe to grind with somebody. I've not seen her before. I don't know what her story is. Its bound to be interesting, though. And maybe she even has some potential, but don't you get any ideas about her, Steven. Ronata just went to Jeffrey this morning. Slow down. Introduce yourself if you like, but don't marry her before I get back." He looked up and saw Robert motion to him. He rose and went in to see Khaat.

"She's going to be fine," Robert said to ease Brian, his hand on Brian's shoulder. "She lost quite a little bit of blood, so I want her to rest. Not being the hostess of the manor. Resting. And, Brian, she's been steadily losing weight since we got her back from Barker. She cannot lose one more ounce. You know how to fix it, but I'm telling you to get on it, Boy."

"I understand. Will do. I'll go get her a change of clothes. She normally keeps a change or two in the closet in her office." He apparated up to Khaat's office to get her some fresh clothes.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Cassy watched as two men spoke she watched as one who seemed to be the leader told another something who laughted at his words she wasn't close enouph to hear him and so just watched the second walk over to Khaat and talk to Robert.

She watchedas one man walked over to her standing next to her but said nothing she glanced every so often at him her arms still folded across her chest.

"So why you here and who sent you?" she heard him ask, turning her head she moved to face him.

"First off I work for myself , second a child was hurt and this was the closest place to come for attenshion her family are on there way , who are you to ask an Auror?" she saked but regreted it as she sudenly remebered she had seen him at the ministry of magic when she had brought in a kidnapper. "Sorry , of cousres you are , I'm cassidy Mitchell "she said and shook his hand "Thats Khaat lupin and her father, right , whats she doing here?" she asked and shook her head "nope shouldn't have asked its none of my business " she looked at him "so you arresting me or just trying to hit on me, coz your wasting your time, I got no time for relashanships" she took a step back and faced the reception watching as a rather upset couple walked in and she smiled knowing they were the girls perants "job done" she said softly.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Brian apparated back downstairs with the change of clothes Khaat had stored in her office closet. He closed the door to the treatment room, and he and Robert helped her change. The only thing that was there in Khaat's closet were was a dark gray pinstripe business suit--slimly tailored bootcut dress slacks, a sharply tailored elegant jacket, and a white silk classically cut blouse. There were black stilletto ankle boots with the suit. Brian thought it was a bit dressy, but it was standard work clothes for her. Once she was changed, Brian helped her with a slight glamour spell to put her hair and makeup back to rights.

Then Robert added support for her shoulder by putting her arm in a sling. It was just temporary, just for a few days. He handed Brian two potions bottles. "Take her home, Brian."

"I will," Brian said. "Thank you, Robert." He helped Khaat to her feet and led her out into the waiting room.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Cassy watched Khaat walk out then aperate away an older man walked off "well guess thats me then" she said and walked not out but to the cubical that the girl was in she spoke to the doctor giving them a wad of money. Then walked back to the Auror standing facing him.

"so sir now what?" she asked seeing the older man "Excuse me , sir your Robert Lupin , am I right " she asked "is your daughter going to be all right ?" she stood straight and her voice serious as she looked at him waiting her eyes asking if she could join what ever organisation he ran underground. she knew about it from those she caught curing this paticular organistion andRobert Lupin in the same breath. Didn't take much for her to figure it out.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:06 pm

"She's fine," Robert said, a bit surprised that a total stranger would ask him that. He looked at her and saw the look in her eyes. His assistant handed him a chart. He opened it, read the first few paragraphs of documentation and closed the chart again, handing it back to his assistant. He looked back at the girl. "So. You think I can help you. Is that it? That all depends," he said, "on whether you're good enough." He intended to throw a challenge her direction, and if she was bright, she would understand that. If she wanted to work for him, she had to make the grade. And--worse yet, she had to pass Brian's iron standards. He didn't treat women fighters any different than the men because he knew that the women weren't treated any differently in the field. If she wanted in this, she had to earn it, and she had to be in it to win it. Robert was curious as to whether this rescue was all for show, or did she mean it?

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Cassy stood straighter than she had as he spoke to her her eyes never leaving him "yes sir" she said "I will do as you ask, with out question for we both have the same goal , to save children from humilitaion and degradation in the muggle world " she said her eyes still not leaving his face as she stood in front of him. She needed to be right where she was standing in front of the most powerful man in the magical kingdom.

"I am a crack shot sir both with muggle and magical fire arms and wand, I can do wandless magic " she said telling him this semed pointless as he probably already knew about her but tell him she did with out a faulter in her voice.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:45 pm

"Don't give me speeches," Robert said. "Give me quality work. Show me what you can do. You meet my man here, in the gym tomorrow morning promptly at sunrise. If you meet his standards and pass his test, you'll pass mine. I depend on his word and his alone. Don't worry about finding him. He'll find you. You just show up and be ready to work. My assistant upstairs will give you a gym pass.

He looked at Steven. "Get the particulars from her before you get back to work,"

"I'll see you some time after you meet with my operations official," he told her. "Good luck." He turned and walked away.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Cassy nodded to him turning to the Auror she knew now as steven "my name is Cassidy Mitchell" she said simply "Im staying for the night in the three broomsticks" she said and nodded as she waited for him to say she could go.

Steven wrote down her name and nodded at her saying she was staying at the three broom sticks , at lease she was no delecate flower like Ronata was when she showed up. "you can go be back here in the gym tomorrow morning, prompt" he said and moved away from her and aparated back to Brians home to check on the girls.

Cassy sighed she ahd expected this , turn ing she head ed back to her room in the three broom stick but not before downing a quick night cap and then getting an early night .
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Khaat felt her head spinning as Brian apparated her home. She was glad he held fast to her. "Thank you," she said softly.

"She's fine," Brian said to the others who were there. "Robert was firm, though. He wants her to rest. He wasn't going to bend one ounce on that. Give me a minute and I'll be back. I want to help her get comfortable."

"I can do it," she said softly.

"No. I'm coming," he said, feeling she was not on her feet by much. He took her upstairs and helped her change into a comfortable nightgown and helped her into bed. To his surprise, she fell into a deep sleep just about the time her head hit the pillow. He sighed heavily, worried, covered her, and laid his hand on her head to check things. He didnt' like what he found. He decided to just let her sleep. He left the room door open and went back downstairs.

"Do I smell coffee?" he asked quietly. "I could use some."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Steven was relived when Brian came back down from settleing Khaat quickly he moved and handed him a cup of fresh brewed coffee. "Her name is Cassidy Mitchell" he said looking at Brian "Robert thinks you should test her out" he said walking with his own cup and sat down looking at Jess and jack who sat by the fire jack with his arm around her holding her close.

"she seems a little arogant for my liking, but something is there that can be shaped I guess " he said moving to the main window and loking out at the snow that now fell lightly to the ground.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top