Snowflakes and Shopping Bags - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Snowflakes and Shopping Bags - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Snowflakes and Shopping Bags

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Snowflakes and Shopping Bags - Page 2 Empty Re: Snowflakes and Shopping Bags

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:22 am

Khaat chose garland that looked like pearls for the tall tree for the living room. She selected Victorian style handblown glass ornaments made in Germany. The ornaments were in elegant bright colors, all sorts of shapes, and handpainted in beautiful ways. She chose a number of magical moving ornaments and magical lights that looked like old fashioned candles but were lit with enchanted fire. The tree skirt was red velvet that was hand beaded. The tree topper was a tall red glass spindle shaped ornament. That was tree, the living room tree, was the hallmark of everything else she bought. The other things didn't cost nearly so much but looked like she was buying thousands of pounds worth of things. It didn't cost nearly as much as it looked like because she bought very wisely.

She had purchased a three foot tree for the babies' room and chose soft white, pink and blue lights for it and handpainted glass ornaments that looked like antique toys. The topper was a an enchanted glass angel that sang lovely lullabyes. The garland was rose colored satine ribbon, and the tree skirt was of matching rose colored satin.

She put a tall slender tree in their bedroom, decorated with Native American ornaments that were imported from the American southwest. The tree skirt looked like a Navaho blanket.

She bought a tree, in some size or another for nearly every room of the house. The larger trees went to the most used rooms--kitchen, dining room, family room, rec room, exercise room, etc. Table top trees went in the bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. She had beautiful flowers and bows and ornaments to tuck into sprays of garland on the mantels and into the wreathes.

She was delighted with a set of stunning handcut ruby glass dishes, and she bought the set for holiday dishes, along with some decorative serving dishes, holiday scented candles, candlesticks, and was going to be sure that the house was a stunning Christmas showcase.

She knew it certainly would look like she was spending too much, but she hadn't had anything but a tree last year, and this year, well, things seemed different. Besides that, Jones and his staff seemed to see she must be equipping a large house because they offered massive savings for her, Jess and Ronata on everything they bought. That helped signficantly and would help Jess and Ronata too.

She was blissfully happy, and she intended on making her house glow with the spirit of the season. She and Brian had discusssed the cost at length, and they both felt that if they bought quality decorations the first time, they were making an investment for life. Brian had given her a free hand with the remaining money that he had left from purposely bankrupting Tom Gelding. He wanted her to use it, and he wanted her to spend it on things of beauty rather than anything necessary--things that made her happy. And she did. She spent quite a bit of time before buying stockings. She eventually chose red velvet stockings trimmed with white faux fur, and each stocking was embroidered with a name. Abbey, Dakota, Angus, Brian, and Khaat. It was all a reflection of love--the new love and the new life she had. That and her desire to make a home that her new family and her friends that she loved so much wanted to be a part of.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Jess walked over to a row of garlands all as wonderful as the last but she choose one with fake robins on and red berrys that glittered with golden glitter . she picked up two and a wreath and a table placing too loving how jack had told her to get what she wanted this year. She moved back to Khaat smiling 2its great here and that looks beautiful " she said mentioning Khaat's choice of decorations for her home.

Ronata walked up with a more concervative decoration holly leaves and red berrys simple but still looking elagant all the same "hey look what I found, its like the ones my mother use to hang" she said smiling as the assistant took it from her and placed it with the others.

"hey how about lunch now?" she asked smiling her face all aglow now rather than her former gloomy self.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:06 pm

"Sounds good to me," Khaat said. She hadn't thought she was hungry. Well, not until the subject of lunch came up. "Where shall we go? Perhaps we should go into muggle London and perhaps go to an Italian place. I love good pasta and sauce. Do either of you know a decent Italian restaurant? And then after lunch perhaps we should start some gift shopping. I do want to go to a jewelry store, if that's alright with both of you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:15 pm

jess looked at Khaat and grined "I though you'd nevr sugest it " she saidx Ronata nodded "yes good idea " she said and looked around "over there see its crambed with juwlery" she said and pointed to a corner of the store glittering with rings and necklaces and things.

Jess made a beeline for it and looked up and dwon the cases smiling stoping at a amathise necklace that kay next to a green emerald one she smiled thinming it would be perfect for Khaat.

(( gifts for freinds ))

Last edited by Jessica Dark Heart on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Khaat went over to the jewelry counter and began looking at rings for men. She wanted one for Brian, and not just any ring. She wanted a diamond for him. She browed through the case but none of them seemed like what she wanted. The clerk got a case of other rings and they were too small. She sent him back a third time and he drew out a case of larger rings. A case that didn't get out of the vault very often. But that was where she saw the large square diamond she wanted for Brian. It was chunky and masculine. And she thought he deserved the best. She bought it.

She bought the emerald necklace Jess was looking at, but not for herself. She bought it for her mother. And she bought a pair of cufflinks for her father that were black onyx and diamond set in gold She began browsing around the baby jewelry. She wanted to buy each baby a baby bracelet. She picked out two bracelets. The one for Abbey was yellow gold with white gold and rose gold flowers. The one for Dakota had butterflies in white gold and rose gold.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:10 pm

jess found a nice gathering of things she wanted for gifts purchesing them she smiled as ht e man behind the counter wrapped each one in coloerful wrapping paper she hoped each would love there gift . She walked over to Khaat and Ronata and stood watching them chose there gifts and things she she had done before she knew she just ahd her twins and andrew to get for and so turned to walk to the childrens toy section. Walking around she found a blur teddy and a pink teddy for the twins with a train set for jacob she looked around further finding a nice outfit for bouth twins for christmas.

((twins gifts ))
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Khaat pair of blue sapphire cuff links set into white gold. She liked how contemporary they were styled, and they reminded her of Rob. She bought them for him. Rob, after all, still was her husband. She found the tie tack, which was larger, and bought it also for him.

Jen. Now Jen was perhaps a bit of a problem--until, she saw a pair of black stillettos with silver slytherin snakes with green jeweled eyes winding up the spikes and curling around the black leather heels. That was Jen. Always with the edgy dark bits to her personality. She bought them for her.

found a counter that had a nice selection of warm, soft, thermal onesies with padded feet for the babies. They would be perfect for crawling around on the drafty floors at home. She bought several. She bought some warm blankets for their beds and some soft flannel crib sheets.

She went to the clothing section and bought several nice outfits for Brian. She loved buying for him, and she had noticed how shy his closet was. She had decided she was filling it. She bought a lot of winter clothes. Some for wearing at home to do chores in, and some for work, some for just staying warm. And some so that he would look really sharp.

She bought a sharply tailored black wool full length coat for her father, and an elegant tan wool wrap style coat for her mother. She loved buying for other people. Especially at Christmas.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Jess crossed to Khaat and smiled "nice choice, for brian I take it?" she asked and admired the cloth and cut. She though for a moment and grinned " you just gave me a good Idea Jack's been holding on to that taty old leather coat he ahd when we first met i think its time to retire it " she said moving past ehr to find a black leather coat cloth lined in a black linning nd gold stitching "perfect for him" she said and walked back to khaat "wnhat do you think?" she asked holding it up for her to see.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:17 pm

"Very nice," Khaat said. "He'll like it. The only problem you'll have is getting Jack to let go of the old one. Angus told me that Brian has been eyeing a tan leather duster coat from a leathermaker in the American southwest. Texas, I think. Brian would never ever say anything to me about anything he wanted, but Angus caught him eyeing it in a catalog from the leathermaker, and I might get it for him. I might send Angus to go get it. He knows just the one Brian wants. Brian is such a collector of anything Southwestern. Oh, and apparently there is an art gallery in San Antonio that he likes. Angus says that the art gallery owner seems to always be holding back a few exclusive pieces with Brian in mind. I might have to make a quick trip by portkey to San Antonio. Maybe we could do that and manage an overnight. I understand their riverwalk is gorgeous at night, especially by canal boat. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:23 pm

jess laughed at Khaats sujestion of getting jack to let go of the old one "yes I know thats going to be hard enouph i guess i'll have to hide it one night so he starts wearing the new one" she listened to Khaat with Brian's coat "ow sounds perfect for him and your goijg no where with put me along not sure about Ronata " she said and watched her wandering about between the isles.

"anyway would be nice for brian to get those things especialy from you khaat" she said and grinned "I guess it would be extra special for him "
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top