Um I'm not really sure what to do. - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Um I'm not really sure what to do. - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Um I'm not really sure what to do.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Um I'm not really sure what to do. - Page 3 Empty Re: Um I'm not really sure what to do.

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 am

Cravings...That was something she had been finding out all too well lately. She had wondered if it was weird to crave things that don't mix well together, "Should I be worried if I'm craving things that shouldn't go well together?" she asked looking at her curiously. It was something she had wondered since she had started getting them. "I sometimes find myself craving things like tuna fish and chocolate syrup together. Is that weird?" she asked.

Weight gain was another thing. She had never thought about losing or gaining weight in her life. She nodded as Khaat said she shouldn't worry about gaining any now. She guessed it would happen naturally. If she started gaining too much too fast, then she was sure she would let Khaat know and they would worry about it when the time arises.

Her faced showed a little bit of her fear as she said that muggles could be barbaric with their childbirthing. "Um I guess we'll have to discuss a birth plan at the next few appointments?" she inquired curiously. "I mean because if I can have it naturally I would like to. I mean that would be the plan for all of us wouldn't it?"
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Um I'm not really sure what to do. - Page 3 Empty Re: Um I'm not really sure what to do.

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:47 pm

"Its not weird to have cravings of things that don't normally go together. Not every woman has that. Some do, and some just have some foods they can't get enough of. It depends purely on your body chemistry. As far as a birth plan, we'll do that at your next appointment. I'm glad you want to have it naturally, but remember that what is natural for muggles is not necessarily what is natural for wizards. We can talk about that at the next time. Any other questions right now? There is a lot to consider, but we don't have to do it all today, nor should we. You need to have time to adjust to all of this and then we'll make some choices. And besides you have time. This isn't going to happen overnight. Let's be patient."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:44 pm

"No I think thats it." she replied looking at her, "I'm sorry I tend to babble a lot when I'm nervous and try to get a head of myself a lot. Its the only time I actually do it." she said there for a second. "Um should I worry about telling my brother right away do you think or should I wait a little while longer?" That was one thing that was actually concerning her. "I mean if you can give me some idea I would appreciate it, I just don't know how he's going to take this and I'm pretty sure that its not going to be good."
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:40 pm

"Well, you probably do need to tell him sooner or later. A lot of family members do get upset when young people who are still in school get pregnant before they finish school. That's sort of a given. He may come around and eventually find he can be supportive once he has had a chance to get over his initial feelings about it. Give him a chance. You're welcome to bring him to your appointments if you like. If you think that having him get some direct information is helpful. But that's your choice."

Khaat wanted her patients to feel supported and cared for, and this was one of those times when it was even more important. She didn't know Kiara's brother, but how bad could he really be? Hm..Maybe she shouldn't be asking that question. Not in the wizarding world. One could never really be sure.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:34 pm

She knew she'd never bring her brother willingly to the appointments. Although she probably wouldn't have a choice once he found out about it. She did want to wait a little while until she was at least farther in her pregnancy than what she was now. Of course like Khaat said it would have to be sooner or later. She figured at least to wait until Christmas when she would be home for some of the holidays. That way the holiday cheer would at least keep some of his anger from being there.

"Ok." she said finally. "Um so I'll see you in four weeks then?" she asked looking at her to make sure. "When exactly do I need to come back so I know. And will I be missing school for it again? I just need to know so I can let my professors know why I won't be in class that day and so I can have my make up work for it ready by the next class." She seemed to be dealing with this better than she had anticipated. Then again...she had actually wanted this, just not for some time.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 pm

"The nurse will set it up for you. Let's look for an appointment for sometime in the first few days of December. That way your third appointment won't be until just after the holidays. As far as the time slot goes, we can either schedule it first thing in the morning, or towards the end of the day--near tea time, when your classes are over for the day. The nurse can help you find something that works for your schedule, I'm sure." She led Kiara out to the nurses station and told the nurse to make a follow up appointment for Kiara in early December in a time slot that would not interfere with her classes and to provide her some information to help her understand her pregnancy. She also told her to try to schedule her for a tour of the OB and Pediatric wings so she could see where she would be having her baby and where the baby would stay.

"I think that should take care of things for today. I know this is a lot of information, but it will all come in time. Any more questions?" Khaat asked Kiara.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:34 pm

She followed Khaat out and told the nurse that the end of the day would most likely be the best time for the appointment, just to insure that she didn't miss a class unless it was the tail end of one. She was a little relieved that she wouldn't have to miss class for her appointments. She waited for the information that the nurse was to provide her and looked over at Khaat, "No I think thats all for today actually. If I think of anything important I'll be sure to send you an owl."
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:51 am

"It's been very nice meeting you," Khaat smiled. "And if I can be of any help in easing the tension between you and your brother or anyone else for that matte, just let me know. Believe me, it wouldn't be the first time I've done that, and it won't be the last. I'll contact your head of house and notify him of your circumstances. That normally takes care of it. If not, I'll contact Headmaster Doyle. I've never had a student have any difficulty in getting free from Hogwarts to come to any appointments here. Your appointment card generally is sufficient to serve as your excuse from school to come here, and we send you back with a written excuse." The nurse handed Khaat a piece of paper, and Khaat handed it to Kiara. "Like this one. This will notify Hogwarts you've been with me. That should be all you need. Oh, and congratulations."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiera Ashling McKinley Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:15 pm

"Alright thank you." she said looking at Khaat as she took the piece of paper and looked it over. She knew that would be good enough for the school and if they had any questions about it then they would undoubtedly contact Khaat about it. She let out almost a sigh of relief before she left the clinic and headed off. But she wouldn't be going back to school, oh no. She had other people to share her news with first.
Kiera Ashling McKinley
Kiera Ashling McKinley

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum