Lesson 3 - Basic Level - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 3 - Basic Level - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 3 - Basic Level

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 3 - Basic Level - Page 2 Empty Re: Lesson 3 - Basic Level

Post by Samuel Grigori Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Sam chuckled, what an odd method of teaching... effective, sure, but it was certainly odd. "There's your answer," Sam hissed back to her, shooting her a quick grin before opening his textbook to the right page and gathering his ingredients, begining to prepare them. He looked at his book then at his ingredients and cursed to himself. "Sir," he asked, raising his hand, "i've run out of Lovage, may i take some from the cupboard?" He asked the professor, hoping he'd say yes. Without Lovage the potion wouldn't have half of its desired effects...
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Cecilia giggled then started to work on her potion. it took her a while but in the end she felt like she had gotten it right. she had fallowed the directions for makeing this particular postion word by word step by step. she was sure she hadn't forgotten anything but if she had its efffects would be horrible. there would be no telling what could go wrong. "Proffessor. i think i have it." she said. if the proffesor wanted to try it out on another student Cecilia would have to refuse. even if it made her fail the class. if she wasn't already.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Andrew rose, and it seemed, for some reason, to be easy to put the potion together. He looked at Sam who was out of Lovage. "Sam," Andrew said, "Come get some of mine. I have plenty. I'll share."

He stopped and actually triple checked his work. He was beginning not only to like potions but he was beginning to wonder if they were going to be perhaps one of his better classes. The potion had not been difficult, and in his head he was already thinking of uses where a bit of this particular potion could be a great deal of fun. He was already, mischieviously starting to think of a few people he would like to use this one on. He wondered exactly what would happen if he did use it out of class. Well, it would be simply practicing his homework, would it not?
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:03 am

Sam smiled at Andrew and grabbed a sprig of Lovage from his pile, before resuming making his potion.

Before he knew it he was pretty much done, just needed to let it simmer and it would be all fine. He then looked around the class and sighed, the teacher's methods just didn't quite sit right in his mind. With the biggest amount of actual instruction they were likely to recieve throughout the class being "Now start" he couldn't help but think that the teacher didn't have his whole heart in it. Oh well, his potion was ready now, and it looked like it was all fine, all that was left was to test it.

"Andrew," he asked, "I'll test yours if you test mine," he offered, gesturing first to his cauldron, than to his own.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:32 pm

"Sure," Andrew shrugged. "But just one question first. If you and I drink this, and we get so bloody confused we dont know up from down, who the heck is going to fix us? It sure isnt' going to be Doyle. He's going to be too busy laughing his arse off at us. You realize he picked this simply for his own amusement, don't you?" Andrew knew Doyle's type. Why teach something useful if he could amuse himself in the process? That was far more interesting to a man like Doyle. Perhaps one of them should drink the potion and then only pretend to drink their companion's potion so that someone had the sense to get them out of a jam if it were needed. Andrew never liked to let his senses down entirely. That had always proved to be far too dangerous to ever risk. "I'll bet you every chocolate frog I've got that he won't drink it!" Andrew said. He knew Doyle was waiting to see the show, his whole classroom of kiddies acting like idiots for his private amusement.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:42 am

((Sorry, did you mean doyle wont drink it or sam wont? Reply ASAP then i will too, haha))
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:59 pm

OOC: Andrew means that he thinks doyle is setting them all up to look like arses so he can laugh at them, but he also believes that doyle would not ever willingly drink the potion himself. rofl

OOPS! Got my Michael hat on instead of my Andrew hat. Sorry.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Sam nodded and turned to face the professor. "I think you could be onto something there Andrew," he said with a grin. "Sir," he piped up, trying to get the headmaster's attention. "Why don't you test it first, then we will," he offered with a cheeky grin, "that way we will know whether it's safe or not," he stated, wondering whether or not the man would accept the offer.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:01 pm

James sat at his desk leaning back in the chair with his feet on the desk and his eyes closed. some might think he was asleep though he wasn't. when he hurd one of the students mentinon that about the proffesor testing their postion first he chuckled. "yeah right." he siad he didn't know which of the 2 students were talking all he could tell from their voices was that they were both guys and their names were Sam and Andrew.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgar Albert Doyle Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 am

''Now, aren't you a little cheeky, Grigori! Sadly for you, I can evaluate if the Potion is good to go or not just by looking at it lad, which actually means that there is no need for me to try it. I can, pretty much, say that the potion made is fine, which does mean you can, without hesitation, take a sip and secure your colleague a good grade. Now, do wrap it up and drink it so that we can go on with our daily schedule, which included work for you and slacking off for me'', he said.
Edgar Albert Doyle
Edgar Albert Doyle

Number of posts : 190
Special Abilities : Apparation, Occlumency, Legilimency, Wandless Magic, Non-verbal Magic
Occupation : Owner of Slugs & Jiggers; Potions Master at Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top