Basic Class 1st - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Basic Class 1st - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Basic Class 1st

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic Class 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Basic Class 1st

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Gabrielle raised an eyebrow at Dominic as he didn't seem to realize who she was here in the classroom and out of it. "Yes in fact Mr. Ravenquist your cousin is one of the best students that passed through my class. So you acting like this doesn't have anything to do with your cousin. Each student gets grades based on their skills and devotion. So if you are related to her or to Albus Dumbledore it still isn't any of my concern." she said trying to drop this topic as fast as she could.

Luckly, a girl walked into the classroom looking at random direction everywhere, but where she was supposed to. "Come on in Miss Lee. Headmaster notified me about you as you're in my house. My name is Gabrielle Delacour." she said as she started to spot the obvious, Alina was blind. It was akward situation. "Mr. Ravenquist please give Miss Lee a hand to find her seat." she said looking significantly at Dominic.

"Anyway Wingardium Leviosa is spelled without R which would be a great mistake if you tried. Feathers in front of you are the things you'll be trying to make fly today. Miss Lee if you need help i'll be happy to provide you with it." she said as she made feathers appear all over student desks.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 104
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic, Legilimency, Occlumency, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina Lee Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Alina sort of half swallowed and got the nerves to at least nod and allow the kid, Dominic, to help her... sort of. She really didn't like being helped but... she had to admit she kind of had to have help here. Maybe after a few days had gone by she'd finally figure out how to move on her own but yeah, she wasn't going to be going around Hogwarts by herself quite yet.

She silently thanked the teacher for telling her her name though. It was as if the woman had been able to read her mind (which she hoped she wasn't capable of, God that would freak her out) and was helping her calm down (somehow). And then a part of what she had said clicked in Alina's mind 'Headmaster notified me about you as you're in my house.' Sooo she already knew about her 'condition' huh? And she was the head of Ravenclaw? Interesting...

Why did her name seem remotely familiar to her too? She could have sworn she'd heard the name 'Delacour' before but she didn't really know much about it (surprising much?).

And almost as if she had never showed up randomly-ish, she went right back to her lesson about the spell that caused things to float. She very, very, very vaguely remembered her tutor's lesson on this a few weeks ago. The truth was... she couldn't really see and the only thing she'd really want to levitate would be well... herself so the lesson had been kind of boring to her (then again most of her classes had so not really an issue) and she hadn't really well... mastered the spell. Oh sure, when they were going over it she got it easily enough after a couple of tries but after that lesson she had more or less... forgotten about it?

'I hope I don't look like a complete idiot trying to do this... ... ...' thought Alina as she felt rahther than heard the feathers being summoned to their desks. 'Errr what did I have to do again? Focus and say the spell right? I think that was all I did last time... I think...' With a mild internal sigh, Alina went over the two simple words in her mind a couple of times before she thought they sounded pretty close to what she'd been taught a few weeks ago and just heard. Blocking out what everyone else was saying or doing came pretty easily to her since most people kind of forgot she was there in the first place since she was so quiet that she had gotten used to it and could ignore them right back.

'Just focus and believe in yourself. You can do this. You did it weeks ago, you can do it again,' thought Alina, motivating herself and giving herself the slight confidence she needed right now. Truth be told, she was still a bit nervous from before. She really didn't do well with people at all (another reason why she tended to block people out well enough sometimes). 'Wingardium Leviosa...' muttered Alina to herself again, remembering hard to get the accents right. She knew that just the slight change in saying the word could very well cause the spell to falter and mess up (or in worse cases as she was told, completely backfire though how that was even possible she didn't know).

With a mildly quavering voice, Alina whispered the spell to herself outloud at long last and wondered if the feather had floated or not since she couldn't really tell for herself... .... ... And she certainly didn't want to reach out with her hand like some kind of idiot and make it even more clear she was blind to see if it was floating... Great maybe she shouldn't have came to Hogwarts after all! She was so... different! Could anyone else notice she felt completely out of place here...? She herself didn't think they would since none of them really knew her or anything and as far as she knew she usually didn't give out really big hints about how she was feeling on the inside, main reason why her parents thought she was A-okay with everything and anything they asked her to do.
Alina Lee
Alina Lee

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:10 am

Sam put his wand down, as instructed, and rolled his eyes as he heard the latecoming Slytherin make up some awful excuse, deciding to hold his tongue instead of point out how stupid and imbecillic an excuse it was.

Then he picked his wand up again, as the teacher seemed to have reached the theory part of the class, how pointless had it been to put it down? Honestly... anyway, he looked at the feather and frowned, he could've sworn he'd done this last year. Ah well, they did have to work with the newbies, didn't they, he may as well get on with it.

Looking at the feather he concentrated very hard, reciting the incantations a few times, and practicing the movement too, though not at the same time, as that could accidently cause him to do the spell. Finally, gathering enough confidence he pointed his wand at the feather, concentrated on what he was doing, and tried to perform the spell. "wingardium Leviosa," he said, looking hopefully at the feather, then frowning as nothing happened. "Wingardium Leviosa," he tried again, again, nothing seemed to happen, though he could've sworn it had quivered a little. "Wingardium Leviosa," he tried for a final time, and this time it lifted a tiny bit off the desk, but in his excitement it dropped down again. Cursing to himself he continued to try and perform the spell.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Gabrielle finally gave up on this class as it was clear everyone was unfocused or at least almost everyone. "That is 10 points for Gryffindor and Rawenclaw for your effort and rest of you have homework to practise this spell every single day untill the next class." she said as she sat down and took a small note before she turned back to her class. "Class dismissed i expect to see you all on the next one." she said as she started to pack her notebook, wand and everything else.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 104
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic, Legilimency, Occlumency, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top