Basic Class 1st - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Basic Class 1st - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Basic Class 1st

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Basic Class 1st - Page 2 Empty Re: Basic Class 1st

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:04 pm

Aurora nodded and thought for a bit. "Isnt a charm a sort of spell that would make an object act the way you want it to?" She asked and answered to the professor. She didnt get why her teacher would want to see her after class but it was okay with her she guessed. Aurora was quite used to getting in trouble so if she got in trouble that wouldnt matter one single bit to her.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Sam thought Aurora had covered it very thoroughly, however he did have a little tidbit to add. "Ma'am," he said raising his hand, "They're very similar in nature to Transfiguration spells, if you're going solely from that description. See, as you would know, Transfiguration spells more change the nature of the object, change what the object is, the sort of thing, but Charms just change what they can do, or what they look like, if you get what i mean," he added. It was an unnecessary tidbit, but he did want to clarify that point, as Charms had always been one of, if not his favourite class at school.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Gabrielle turned her attention to Aurora and Samuel who seemed to had something to say. And they did speak up. "Uhh...well the both things are true in big part. I'll give 5 points to.." she stopped to throw look at her notebook. "10 points to Gryffindor." she finished as she spotted both of them were Gryffindors.

"Anyway maybe i should take a whole class to explain this probably, but i won't since we need to get to work. So Charm is a type of magic spell that enchants an object into acting in a way that's not normal for the followed object. So yeah both of you were almost there." she said taking her wand to point it at the board across her shoulder.

Levitating Charm

As she finished writing that she stood up once again. "So who can tell me what is a levitating charm. Or more likely what does it do and what's the incantation for it?" she asked turning to the class hoping to hear the rest of the students not just the previous two.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 104
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic, Legilimency, Occlumency, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Paul Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 am

This was a first, Ashley actually knew that answer to this one. She raised her hand. "Professor Delacour, I believe that a levitating charm is when you can make an object that doesn't normally float or fly, float or fly. You point your wand at the object that you want to float or fly, then say Wingardium Leviosar!" Ashley said feeling proud of herself for answering a question. She just hoped that she had answered it well enough to get her house some points. She put her hand down then waited for either another student to answer or for the professor to say she was right or not.
Ashley Paul
Ashley Paul

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Samuel Grigori Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:13 am

Sam nodded, it was a fairly thorough answer, but she'd left one bit out. "As we learnt last year, the movement of the spell is "Swish and flick,"" he said, pulling his wand out and saying it again. "Swish and Flick," and demonstrating the movement. "If incorrectly done, a movement can ruin the whole spell," he said, laughing as he remember his own mishap last year, he could've sworn that suit of armour still moved every now and again.
Samuel Grigori
Samuel Grigori

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Ravenquist-Marino Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 am

Dominic stepped into the classroom, realizing he was late. Oh well, he thought, he was the cousin of Brienne Ravenquist. That girl, though he hated her, could get her out of any jam with this particular teacher. At least, he thought so. He messily put stuff on the desk. He sat in the seat he chose and flipped his textbook open. He grinned, he could always lie about why he was late and could pin the blame on Brienne. He always tried to do that, but it never worked.

He started scribbling stuff onto a piece of parchment. He loved drawing nonsense, especially when classes like Charms were this boring.
Dominic Ravenquist-Marino

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Percy Weasley Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:47 am

What the hell was going on? When had Cassie signed up for Charms? Oh right, she hadn't and they were making her do it anyway. Stupid, halfwit, probably halfblood, blood traitor (could you be both?) teachers! ERGH!

They were out to make her life a living hell, she knew. Why hadn't she decided to go to Beauxbatons like her mummy suggested? Mummy went there, it was probably just as nice as it sounded. All the people from there who'd flooded into the school recently seemed very nice, anyway. Though not so smart as Cassie, and that was probably another reason to go. She'd be a prodigy at that school!
Percy Weasley
Percy Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabrielle Delacour Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Gabrielle turned her attention towards the Huffelpuff girl she didn't hear on this class though it was recognizable she was a huffelpuff from her yellow/black school robes. "Good catch Miss Paul. Oh and you can call me less formal, my name is Gabrielle.5 points for Huffelpuff." she replied noting down the points before she woukd forget something as she turned to the boy that she did hear before though more she heard one, better grade he or she would have.

"Just to make this clear. Put your wand down Mr. Grigori. We didn't get to Swish and flick part yet though i'll give another 5 points to Gryffindor." she said softly before her eyes looked bored at the more late students. Was this a school or a park.

Her eyes went from one student to another she haven't seen before. "That is 10 points from Slytherin for being late and another 5 for disrespect too. So now who can tell me where did Miss Paul make a mistake which can ruin the spell?" she asked watching at the students noting points down.
Gabrielle Delacour
Gabrielle Delacour
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 104
Special Abilities : Apparation, Non-Verbal Magic, Legilimency, Occlumency, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Ravenquist-Marino Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Dominic raised his hand, "Do you not realize who I am? I am the cousin of one of your best students. I'm Dominic Ravenquist-Marino, cousin of Brienne Ravenquist. So, to give me a bad mark for being late would be giving her a bad mark in a way, since she made me late by telling me wonderful things about Charms class". He pulled this excuse out of his butt, obviously. He tried to make it convincing in tone of voice and in facial expression. He liked blaming Brienne, since she was his least favorite relative. The goody-two-shoes of the family.

He continued scribbling on the piece of paper, half notes and half drawings.

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina Lee Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:08 am

Alina sighed just a little as she was finally directed to her classroom by someone. She wasn't quite sure if it was a student or a teacher because they seemed really... how could she put it... dominant. It was if they were used to being in charge or was in charge and she really couldn't tell by their voice if they were a student or a teacher. Maybe it was an upper classman? All she had known was that it was a guy and that he wasn't overly nice or overly mean. He was normal and he certainly didn't seem to want to spend any more time with her than needed. Maybe he was busy? She guessed so at any rate considering most people don't really bother to waste time helping out a complete stranger...

To be honest, she had thought her parents would at least drop her off when classes were out or something, just so she could at least have some time to meet some of the people at Hogwarts... and maybe get to know how things worked here just a little before going to her classes. She wasn't even aware of what each House meant or what kind people were expected to be in each House. All she really knew was that they were named after the founders of the school... And... And... Well that was about it.

Still standing in front of the door, Alina finally got the nerve to place a hand on the door and thought about knocking but decided against it. Somewhat taking a deep breath to calm herself down a little, she finally opened the door to the Charms Classroom, the class her parents had signed her up for...

It wasn't that she didn't like it... she just... well it never really seemed all that interesting to her. But the Dark Arts, that was interesting. She wanted to take classes that were a bit more... 'dangerous' so to speak, classes that weren't 'safe'. In other words she just wanted to do something her parents wouldn't let her do because she wanted to see for herself why they wouldn't let her do said thing. She wasn't exactly a rebel, but there were just some things she couldn't help but want to fight about with them even if she never really would win in the end, and what classes she was going to take at Hogwarts was definitely one of them. Hadn't she put up with what they wanted for years now?

Her milisecond of thought about having to take the class fading, Alina found that her mouth was getting dry and she couldn't think of anything to say. 'Ahh what do I say... I don't even know where the teacher is!' And being the unsociable her, she just stood there for awhile and then as if remembering why in the world she was here, she finally said something: "H-Hi... I... I'm new here..." 'I sound like such an idiot. Even Kangin would agree! Why couldn't I have just said something else?! Or at leat not stutter or something! Geez, you'd think that being blind would make it easier for me to speak to complete strangers!'

And while she stood there, getting slightly red in the face, just slightly, and feeling like a complete and utter idiot, her eyes automatically scanned the room randomly, not focusing on anything since she was... well... blind. She could hear them breathing well enough, and someone was breathing seperately from the group she could so obviously hear. Was that person the teacher? Had to be right...? Wait, was it a guy or a girl? 'D-Dang it! I forgot who my teacher was!!!! I thought I'd memorized my schedule completely...' groaned Alina inside. 'How could I have forgotten who my teachers are?! I only have two of them! Mom and Dad won't let me take a lot of classes... so they kinda... made sure I only got a few classes but still... HOW DO I FORGET THEIR NAMES?! It's only TWO names.... Geez I'm an idiot. Maybe I shouldn't have pestered them to let me come to Hogwarts after all... I should've at least waited until next year! I mean really... coming in at the middle of the school year or something that's like... ughhh I'm an idiot...'

Well... at least she couldn't see their facial reactions right? And then the thought occured to her: how the heck was she gonna navigate her way around in the class? Oh boy, how was she going to get to her seat or whatever without telling them she was blind? Easy, she wasn't. Mentally sighing, Alina wondered if it would at all be possible to never tell anyone here that she was blind. It was unlikely but she just wished she didn't have to tell anyone THIS soon. Maybe after awhile once she got to know some people but... Face it, if a girl's blind a girl's not going to do very well in a magical school where the stairs are always moving and no one ever knows what the heck is going to happen because its a MAGICAL school.
Alina Lee
Alina Lee

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top