End of Summer Party - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

End of Summer Party - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

End of Summer Party

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End of Summer Party - Page 8 Empty Re: End of Summer Party

Post by Catalina Jameson Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Catalina found herself rather wishing that she hadn't ventured here. It made her feel terribly awkward and insecure, but she really had nowhere else to be. There were no friends that she could visit, no family that she could stay with. She truly had no one but herself. If she was going to be honest, she would have enjoyed staying inside in her room than being out here, sitting all alone. Smoothing out her dress, as she did when she was quite anxious, she looked around at all of the dancing couples and felt quite alone, to be honest. Biting the inside of her lip, she grabbed her bag from off of the ground and then pulled her sketchbook out, eager to calm her nerves. Her imaginary piano playing was just not doing the trick at the moment, so she thought sketching might help.

As she poised her drawing pencil against the paper, her sapphires darted up and around to find a pair of models to portray in her work. Her eyes landed upon Amelia Lyons and Elijah Krum. She could sense a kind of tension between them, but the way that they looked at each other made her want to smile, if she knew how. Smirking slightly, she moved her writing utensil along the page, catching the curves of their faces and bodies, adding the emotion and expressions while making sure to keep a kind of awkwardness alive throughout the entire drawing. Maybe she could show it to them one day. If she had the courage to, that is.
Catalina Jameson
Catalina Jameson

Number of posts : 35
Special Abilities : Legilimency

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Paul Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 am

Ashley had been thinking about not going to the party ever since she heard about it. She didn't have many friends and most of the guys at the school never even looked at her. But she figured that getting out and talking to some people wouldn't be the end of the world. At least thats what she hoped. She had gone dress shoping the night before the party, she never really wears dresses so it was odd for her to do.

Spoiler:

Ashley used a portkey to get to the party seeing that she couldn't apperate yet. She hated how it felt but she would get over that. She looked around after getting back to her feet and saw that alot of people where there and the decorations looked wonderful. She could only hope that tonight would be a good one. She walked to a table and sat down. She looked around to see if there was anyone here that she knew.
Ashley Paul
Ashley Paul

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 am

Dances, like many things in life and in fact including life, had their time span and for Rafael his hour glass needed to be turned over. He nodded once and let his arms drop from around Sophia. His mind was whirling and he watched as she raced off towards her friends. Muttering a few words of frustration under his breath, Rafael allowed himself to linger on the dance floor for a few moments before abruptly unbuttoning the button that kept both sides of his blazer together and turned on his heel. He strode over towards one of the bar tables, purposely taking long strides, for an effect that he didn’t really understand. Rafael stopped by the drinks table and ran a hand through his hair. He was being unnecessarily immature. He was actually acting like Jaret when the teenager had found out that Rafael had found his stash of cigarettes. That had been one of the few times that the two boys had actually done something together. Granted they’d shouted at each other for a while but they ended up smoking most of the packets and drinking the bottles of vodka that Jaret had planned on hitting his brother with. Needless to say, Mynah was not pleased when the two boys staggered in through the front door.

Rafael shook his head at the memory and found himself a bottle of Pear Cider. He didn’t like alcohol and neither did he smoke but there were a few times when one needed some of the more destructive things. Rafael had the occasional cigarette because he liked to smoke it down and see how long he could get the ash before it fell off. Jaret did the same when he wasn’t really craving one and the two would often see how long they could get the ash. It was strange that the brothers would bond over something that could potentially kill the both of them. But their habits were the same where that was concerned but only to a degree. The style in which they handled the cigarettes was almost identical. There was a certain flair they added to it and Rafael had learned to roll it between his fingers without looking as if he’d moved at all. Jaret, however, had taught himself to flip the thing into his mouth after being continuously caught by his teachers for smoking in the hallways and setting the fire alarms off. That was more’ time he spent in nick. As far as Rafael knew, the police had even begun to paint the walls for Jaret.

Yes, his siblings were out of hand. Although to be fair it was only his brothers. He should have been worried about Jaret’s potentially unbreakable habits but he wasn’t because as far s Rafael was concerned, as long as he didn’t start doing drugs then he was alright because on occasions, the time with the vodka and the cigarettes being one of them, he was just as bad. The minute he started smoking something different would be when Rafael would put an end to it. He thought that he was being fair. He shouldn’t have let Jaret get away with what he did but there was only’ so much he could do. He either let him get on with it – have him smoke outside in the garden and only drink heavily when Raina had gone to bed – or he’d end up driving his brother out and then he’d be down the police station every Sunday bailing Jaret out. At least at home he and Mynah could monitor how much he was drinking and smoking. They’d take some away and cut him down if it got to out of hand. Jaret seemed to realise it too and oddly enough he accepted that fact.

Shaking his head, Rafael moved over to one of the tables and sat down. He put the bottle on the table and tugged his jacket off, draping it over the back of his chair. He then took the cufflinks off and rolled the sleeves of his shirt off. It was a big too early to start losing the formality but, taking a swig of his beer, Rafael figured he had nothing to lose. He’d spotted Amelia come in so he knew a grand total of two people. He most definitely had nothing and no one to lose. Running his hand through his hair once more, Rafael closed his eyes and tilted his head back so it was resting on the back of his chair and it was there that he remained for a good long while.
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:42 am

After hugging Keegan, Sammy turned to see Sophia standing next to them. "Hey, Sophia. Yeah we are. I knew you would see." Sammy said to her, showing her the ring that Keegan gave her and pointing out the ring that she had gotten him. It was silver with gold writing on it that said I will always love you Keegan. "I'm so happy now. I want to dance all night long. Which reminds me, who was that guy that you where dancing with Sophia?" Sammy asked her remebering the look in their eyes as they danced.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 am

Sophia looked at Keegan's ring and smiled. "Wow... looks nice."said Sophia softly as she looked at Keegan's ring. "So let me your rock Sammy."said Sophia giving her a soft warm smile waiting to see her best friend engagement ring. Sophia would had blushed if she could but instead she looked away from them. "He's just a friend I was dancing with, but when I was dancing with him I saw Lucas."said Sophia softly. "Oh god, what have I done?"Sophia asked as she sat down at a near by table and ran her hands through her hair.

Sophia looked from Lucas to Rafeael and both gave them a soft warm smile and turned to Samantha and Keegan. "Sammy I messing with to guys hearts here, I think I started a love triangle here."said Sophia softly as she laid her head on the table and sighed. "I need my mother here, she'll know what to do but I don't see her anywhere."said Sophia softly. "I'll be right back, I need some time alone."said Sophia softly as she walked away from the crowd to a tree and sat down. "As the wind rustled through her hair she sat under the willow tree just thinking.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmanuelle Lestrange Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:07 am

Emmanuelle arrivede at the party and smiled at the decoration that surrounded the meadow for it was all beautiful. Looking around for Matt her husband or even Sophia she seen Sophia under a willow tree and sighed for she knew something was wrong. Walking through the crowd towards the willow she sat down beside her daughter. "What's wrong Soph, boy trouble?"Emmanuelle asked her daughter softly as the wind rustled through her long smi curly brown hair that cascaded down her back. Emmanuelle was wearing a light pink strapless dress that was fluffy at the bottom and went to her knees with light pink high heels. Her hair was down and semi curly falling down her back, she had on a two matching rings and earrings that Matt gave her for her birthday as well as her wedding ring.

Spoiler:
Emmanuelle Lestrange
Emmanuelle Lestrange

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzannah Malfoy Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Suzannah could feel the awkward tension in Amelia's voice as she spoke, something she usually got from people, and got the vibe that she definitely wasn't comfortable. Suz looked past this and extended her hand to Amelia, her smile meeting the girl's face. "Nice to meet you" She said. "So, do you have a special date or something for tonight?" She asked, eyeballing Amelia's fingers, which clung to the hem of her dress, a common gesture for anxiety. The answer must have been obvious with the pink tint on her cheeks, a faint trace of blush, it seemed natural, rather than makeup. In fact, it didn't seem like the girl was wearing much makeup in the first place, maybe just some mascara and foundation, but that seemed to be about it.

Just as she said this, she noticed a tall boy, who she recognized to be Elijah Krum, a fellow Slytherin. He was wearing a gray suit jacket atop a white tee shirt and dark-gray pants, not the best thing to wear at a semi-formal party such as this one. But if he liked it, then her opinion didn't matter, she just wasn't very fond of his choice of outfit. Suz knew that she could find better targets than this one, but Elijah was incredibly handsome, a pureblood, and rich, of course. Three great aspects for Suzannah.

She smiled and nodded to Elijah at his compliment, "Thank you, you look very nice as well" She complimented. She had to admit it, it was pretty difficult for her to be so sweet to people, but these two seemed very nice in the first place, which made it easier for her- she didn't seem too "fake" at the moment. Suz found her focus again and allowed herself to join their triangle, hoping things weren't too awkward. "So how are you, Elijah?" She asked, hoping to begin some form of small talk or conversation.
Suzannah Malfoy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:37 pm

James Wake wrote:
"I'm sure you remember Keith for being rather... mischevious. During the last week of school, I discovered that he could make potent potions and probably would dabble with the drinks. When I arrived, his hand was in his pocket, and even later, as we were talking, he was eyeing the punch bowl. most likely, he pushed me into this in a sad attempt to distract me. My eye is still on him though." James had admittedly gotten better at identifying the true pranksters, but he could never really get around to actually stopping them.

"Yeah i do, but i am still not catching what do you suspect he wants to do?" Mariana replied confused wishing people would be more precise with her since she liked precise answers. Her eyes passed from Keith to James and then to no particular point. "So are we going to dance or not?" she asked boredly wondering can James keep up with Keith while dancing or she should find some other distraction.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Daniel Joshua Cethin Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:07 am

Brienne stepped back, still weary. She went toward the table of food, where she saw Luna.

"Some guy came for Daniel, I'm not sure who he is", Brienne said.

"That guy? That Slytherin boy?" Luna replied.

"Yeah, him"

"Don't worry, he's probably a friend of Daniel's"

Daniel walked towards the younger man, "Want...me? I...I...". He felt as if he could faint, he really didn't think anyone would be interested after Stanley. "I...I'd be glad to go with you. Whatever or wherever you like. Are you sure? I never met any other wizards who were...you know...like me". One might have been able to have seen the way that Daniel's heart may have leaped from his chest if not for the physical impossibility of that happening. He was definitely sending off physical cues that he was interested. One of them being his stuttering and stammering, slurring each word he said.
Daniel Joshua Cethin
Daniel Joshua Cethin

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top