End of Summer Party - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

End of Summer Party - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

End of Summer Party

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End of Summer Party - Page 7 Empty Re: End of Summer Party

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:56 pm

James Wake wrote:
Keith Nicholas wrote:"So which one of you is avaivable for a dance?"

Keith immediately perked up, seeing a chance to get rid of his newly acquired watch dog.

"James!" Keith said, faking enthusiasm as best he knew how (which was pretty impressive) "No way dude!" He leaned in, whispering loud enough for Mariana to hear "Now's your chance. Good luck man." He then unceremoniously shoved James towards Mariana and went back to humming.

"Ok. Now I know he's up to something."

James held up one of his fingers to indicate that he would need a moment with the younger boy. [color=blue]"Listen, Keith's up to something,"[/i] James mouthed to Mariana, his back turned to Keith. "I maintain a modicum of respect in the midst of my elders. Even those who are young enough to be considered my peers. I hope you would not mind if I continued to refer to you as Ms. Diggory," James stated aloud to Mariana, pretending to play along with Keith's little ploy. He even offered his hand as an invitation to dance.

"In case he gets away with whatever he's planning," James cautioned Mari in a more secretive manner, "Don't drink anything."

Mariana was confused about this statement. "To me it looks like he just wants to get rid of you.." she said with her sweet voice and a grin. "You know that;s rather odd..." she said quietly as she took his hand, but waited to see if he was really intending to dance or was just provocating Keith to do something out of ordinary.

"What why? What's this all about anyway?" she asked trying to figure did James just insinuate Keith would try to poison their drinks.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Sophia Lestrange wrote:
Rafael Armstrong wrote:A warm smile tugged at the sides of Rafael’s lips and he rose up out of his theatrical bow. He gently clasped Sophia’s hand in his own. Her hand was tiny compared to his, almost breakable in his grasp so he didn’t tighten his grip too much. He took backwards steps, leading Sophia onto the dance floor; keeping his eyes on her all the while. The music playing was light, melodic and overall a beautiful sound; something worth dancing to. When the texture of the ground underfoot changed, Rafael knew he’d made it onto the dance floor without bumping into anyone. A content expression fell onto his face and he gently tugged Sophia close. Rafael wasn’t the best dancer in the world, he was no Johnny Castle and he was the first to admit that. But he could move to the sound of music. He slowly span Sophia under his arm before pulling her back to him and continuing to move slowly around the dance floor, mingling in with the other couples. “Did I already mention you look magnificent?” He asked quietly.

Sophia smiled back at him as he lead her towards the dance floor where the music was palying softly but neverless it was beautiful. As he spun her around underhis arm before pulling her back again she smiled. "Well...well, aren't we just a good dancer aren't we Mr. Armstrong?"Sophia asked him softly. Sophia laughed her tinkling bell laugh when he ask if he already mentioned that she looked magnificent. " Magnificent no, but you did say I looked beautiful and thankyou Rafeael that's sweet of you to say that."said Sophia softly.

Dancing was so peaceful. There were many dances that no one really wanted to be a part of if they could help it but something natural, something that worked with the music, was the type of dancing Rafael loved. He couldn’t waltz, he couldn’t do whatever other dances there were but he could put one foot in front of the other and move to music, that was no problem what so ever for him. Involuntarily, Rafael began to hum along with the music as the two of them moved. He looked at Sophia, his eyes sparkling with amusement and chuckled. “Hardly,” He retorted, grinning lopsidedly. “But I can lead.” He returned to his humming, watching Sophia contently as he swept her around in his arms. His smile returned when she spoke again and he spun her under his arm again, this time the opposite way. “Alright...let me think.” He chuckled again and slowly spun Sophia around the way he had the first time before drawing her close to him once more. “Never ever frown, your smiles make you even more magnificent.” He put emphasis on the last word as if to prove a point, what proof he didn’t know but it was probably just a subtle reminder that she was in fact magnificent.
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:11 am

Sammy smiled as bright as the sun when she heard that he said yes. She could have flown at that moment if wanted to. Sammy then looked down at the jacket she had on when he asked her too. She reached into the pocket he wanted her to. She felt a little box like item. She pulled it out then stood up when he pulled her. She then watched as he kneeled down. She could only guess that he was doing the same. They where so perfect for each other that they had both thought of the same things for that very night.

When Keegan asked her to marry him and showed her the ring she was almost speachless. She loved the ring it was beautiful. "Oh Keegan. Of course I will. I love it. It's beautiful and I love you so much." Sammy said letting him put the ring on her finger and hugging and kissing him. This was the most perfect moment of her life. She never wanted this feeling to go away. She looked over at Sophia for two seconds to see her dancing with a boy. She wondered who this boy was, but she would have plunty of time later to ask her. Sammy then layer her head on Keegan's chest and looked at her new ring.
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by James Wake Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:15 am

Mariana Diggory wrote:Mariana was confused about this statement. "To me it looks like he just wants to get rid of you.." she said with her sweet voice and a grin. "You know that;s rather odd..." she said quietly as she took his hand, but waited to see if he was really intending to dance or was just provocating Keith to do something out of ordinary.

"What why? What's this all about anyway?" she asked trying to figure did James just insinuate Keith would try to poison their drinks.

"I'm sure you remember Keith for being rather... mischevious. During the last week of school, I discovered that he could make potent potions and probably would dabble with the drinks. When I arrived, his hand was in his pocket, and even later, as we were talking, he was eyeing the punch bowl. most likely, he pushed me into this in a sad attempt to distract me. My eye is still on him though." James had admittedly gotten better at identifying the true pranksters, but he could never really get around to actually stopping them.
James Wake
James Wake

Number of posts : 1329
Special Abilities : Can understand Werewolves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:08 am

Sophia laughed her tinkling bell laugh at him. "Well a good dancer or not, at lease you can dance!"said Sophia softly giving him a soft warm smile. When he turned her not to frown for her smmile makes her even more magnificent. Sophia woulde had blushed if she could but seeing how she couldn't she just looked away but as she did she noticed Lucas. "Lucas!"Sophia thought to herself as she seen him staring at her as she danced with Rafeael. "Oh no, this isn't good!said Sophia to herself not knowing Lucas would show up for she haven't seen him in awhile.

Besides, her and Rafeael were good friends nothing else and surely Lucas would understand that right? Besides, she wasn't Lucas's yet so who said she couldn't dance with another guy and have alittle bit of fun at a dance? "I'll talk to him after I finished this dance with Rafeael."said Sophia to herself as she turned her attention back to him. As she heard the music fading she looked into his eyes. "I'm going to go talk to a couple of friends of mine and get me some punch, I'm sorry Rafeael it was fun dancing with you."said Sophia softly as she hugged him and kissed his cheek in a friendly way. As she walked towards Keegan and Samantha she smiled at them. "Well. well, what do we have here two finally engaged couple?'Sophia asked giving them a soft warm smile.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:10 am

Selwyn Thorfin wrote:There was a reason Selwyn avoided school dances. The same reason he avoided his family.

The Dramaz.

The dramaz ruled these events. He supposed that was the reason his mother loved them so. Not that Selwyn didn't love drama. He was an energetic supporter or the independent entertainment industry, but it tended to divert attention from him and that was never a good thing.

Already, half a dozen couples were discreetly making out in the bushes. Not to mention what was happening on the dance floor, where dog-girl was trying to crack onto her best friend, which would be perfectly fine if the entire school didn't know for a fact that what's his face was gay.

Selwyn gazed around the rest of the park, to see Lulu being guarded by the Deadly Mole Sister and Keith being watched carefully by some vaguely familiar guy. Maybe a quiddich player? Whatever. He waved to each and winked, a signal to watch this, before walking towards the most mismatched couple on the dance floor.

"Oh Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling" he sang over the music, which wasn't too hard, for this early in the evening the music wasn't as loud as it would be later.

"From glen to glen, and down the moutainside."

Selwyn was by no means the best vocalist in the world. It was fortunate that he was skilled in other areas, though. If he turned the veela charms up to eleven, nobody would even notice his real singing voice.

"The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying."

He was almost on them now. The dancefloor wasn't very big, after all. Selwyn sank to his knees.

"Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide."

Tonight was a party. Tonight Selwyn Thorfin worshipped at the altar of Melodrama.

(You're referring to me and Daniel, right? Just to be clear, if not I'll edit the post as appropriate.)

Brienne turned. She saw a guy on his knees, and stepped on Daniel's toes by mistake.

"Oh, sorry".

"No biggie", Daniel groaned

"Sorry, I see some odd dude kneeling. I wonder what's up with him." Brienne continued to look at the kneeling guy. She was a bit suspicious.

The couple started to dance again, this time a waltz. Daniel was a better dancer than Brienne this time, since he knew the waltz well. It was the same dance he and Stanley used to do together. Brienne tried to kiss Daniel in front of everyone, just to fool them into believing that he actually liked her.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:03 am

Brienne was a bit paranoid during the dancing. She peeked over at the guy again, what was he looking at?

"Uhh....may I help you?" Brienne said to the guy.

Daniel also took a look at the man that was there. The guy, being half-veela, was quite charming looking....well, would be if not for the creepiness of the situation.

"Or is it me you want?" He finally spoke up. No use in staying silent if it was his friend being eyed. The friend he swore to protect and to care for. Besides that veela charm, if he was even using any at all, was irresistible. Well, he may not have been using any, though...but still. Daniel was kinda weak to it, even in slight amounts, but only from males.

Brienne looked over at Daniel, who was blushing slightly.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:46 am

Belle had been a little hesitant about coming to the party, but Andy had of course told her it would be fine. She had found something in her closet that did not envolve tight leather or almost see through areas. She just didn't feel right wearing them as she was nearing the end of her third month in pregnancy.

She all ready had a small but well formed bump beneath her clothing and anything not light and airy just seemed to bother her. Her grandmother had assured her that once the baby was born Belle would love her old clothing once again.

She looked around at everything and everyone and smiled up at Andrian. "Everything looks just wonderful." She said.

Spoiler:
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Luna was also forced by Daniel to go, but managed to hide from it until now. She'd been taken with Daniel, but had separated from him once they'd arrived. Hopefully she could find Brienne so she'd have someone to share her misery with. She was young, a bit too young to go to a party, she felt. Why was she even invited anyway? Since Silas died for real, she fell into a clinical depression, not interested in anything or anyone...besides Brienne and Daniel. They didn't help much though, sometimes they just made things worse. Sighing, she went to the food bar and started stuffing herself with food and drink so she'd have an excuse to be able to sit all day. However, when she tried, she lost her appetite. Loss of appetite made her just drop whatever she was to attempt to eat.
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield
Luna-Lorrie Hastenfield

Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top