A Walk Through Hogsmeade - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Walk Through Hogsmeade - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Walk Through Hogsmeade

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Walk Through Hogsmeade - Page 4 Empty Re: A Walk Through Hogsmeade

Post by Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:38 am

Spencer couldn't help but laugh, she said so much without taking a breath. "I wouldn't mind going to the seaside actually." he told her grinning. "I like to watch the sun set on the beach, it's so nice. So pretty...." he said smiling. "Like a good friend of mine," he said chuckling. When she mentioned tattoos he looked towads the fire instantly, not really paying too much attention. "Well if the tattoo can keep me from tripping over my own feet then it's worth it!" he told her smiling. "But it's gonna need to be a pretty damn big tattoo!" he told her.

"I'm still working on a good luck potion, one that can actually help me but is not to hard to make. I mean, felix felices is good but too hard to get right. My tongue swelled up last time I tried to make it. You remember right? Couldn't talk or eat for weeks, had to blend my food to drink it. I just can never get it right is all, before that it blew up and singed my eyebrows and burnt my chair. That's why I have pillows now, to cover the burn spots. It's that old one in the corner." he rambled on about his potion making.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:27 am

Aimee beamed at her friend and automatically began planning how she’d pull Spencer away from his cauldron and whisk him away to the seaside. Of course he’d probably complain that he’d drown or swallow sand or something but in the case of that then Aimee would probably just leave him in whatever little cottage she could get by the coast. Silly fool, more sand for her to use for a sandcastle in that event. Actually, that was a great idea. Not the leaving Spencer in a cottage part but sandcastles – they were a classic!

Her beam then turned into a frown and she raised her eyebrow at Spencer. “Honestly, you’re such a pessimist! Just get a swallow made up of runic symbols. That’s more than enough protection, love. Unless of course you get a dragon on your back...” She smiled slyly and drank some of her Butterbeer. “Why don’t you just buy a luck potion, Spence?” Aimee asked. “I like your eyebrows; it would look quite odd if you burnt them off
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:02 am

Spencer looked at Aimee grinning, a Dragon? Really a Dragon? Well...if maybe...nah he wouldn't get a dragon...on his back. "Maybe if you'd be there with me I'd get a small dragon on my neck..." he told her. "But that's a maybe, I'm not one for pain...then again I have experienced pretty much every source of it." he said rubbing the back of his neck. "I'd go to the seaside, no worries about that." he told her, thinking if he'd regret saying that. But he enjoyed sitting on the beach, really. Just relaxing on the beach watching the sunset, he kept a recorded video of a sunset on his DVD player.

Had Spencer paid any attention he would've caught the "love" Aimee had muttered. But being the clueless guy that he was completely missed it. "I can't buy a luck potion," he told her quietly. "You either have to buy them cheap and very questionable on the underground market. Or you need to pay fifty galleons for one drop, and that only lasts a good seven hours!" he told her. "So getting a magical tattoo seems to be my only option right now. Well your flowers should help...I hope."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:26 pm

“They’ll put a numbing charm on your for the duration of the time but it’ll wear off about five minutes after you’re finished.” Aimee explained, trying to recall her post-tattoo memories. “It’ll hurt quite a bit because the runes are like those Russian dolls, runes within runes within runes, but they give you a free pot of healing salve to sooth the skin.” She was babbling away, already taking the ‘maybe’ as a yes. She was a firm believer in the ‘maybe always mean yes’ rule. Aimee clapped her hands together decisively and giggled. “Right, we’ll have to go and do that then.” She declared.

The luck potion was an extortionate amount of money but someone would pay through the roof for luck in a vial. Even if Aimee drank a gallon of it she didn’t think it would do much for her balance or lack thereof. “My flowers will help you but only to a small extent. Carry Alfalfa or press one of the carnations and put it in your wallet. Portable luck is always excellent but for now I think unless one of us get a job that pays fifty galleons an hour.” Aimee made an incredulous face at this. “Then pretty tattoos and even prettier flowers will be the way to go.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:20 am

He chuckled, talking about luck was apparently the topic of the night. "Let's not discuss luck or...pain or anything like that." he said. "I'd much rather talk about this plan to go to the beach," he smiled lightly and looked out the window, it was dark out now and looked not too inviting actually. "Hey, I think we should go back to my place now. It's getting somewhat dark out and kind of spooky..." he said, his eyes not leaving the window. "I'm still looking for a job that pays that much!" he told her smiling and returning his gaze to her.

She looked pretty tonight, well she always was pretty. But Spencer, was feeling slightly different about her tonight. But that was gone in a flash when something in his pocket began to buzz. It was his muggle cell phone, he looked around and casually brought the phone to his ear. "Dell Computers, you're speaking with Dave." he said. "Oh hey Mom, can I uh call you back? Yeah, okay..love, love you too." he said and then he closed the phone and blushed. "Mom's....hehehe" he said...his cheeks filling with even more blood.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Lifting her glass to her lips, Aimee drank the tail end of the Butterbeer and licked her lips as a thoughtful expression fell on her face. There were a million ways to get a beach house but they would have been all snatched up for the summer by the Brits that couldn’t afford to go on holiday. The best way of going about it was a tent and a few Muggle-repelling charms. Then it was just a case of picking where and when. Her hand reached up and her fingers sought out the pendant hanging from her necklace. They curled around it and she began to absentmindedly think about the trip. When Spencer mentioned the darkness Aimee looked out of the window and could only see the flickering of a gas streetlamp. The rest of the scenery was bathed in darkness. She wasn’t too sure whether she wanted to walk in that. Spencer’s house was only down the road but it still unsettled the redhead.

“When did it get so dark?” She asked no one in particular. She tore her eyes away from the window and looked at Spencer who had lifted an odd but familiar object to his ear and started speaking into it. Aimee, although a half-blood, didn’t really understand Muggle technology. Her father was the old-fashioned type in both temperament and the way he did things. It was probably why they didn’t get a television until she was fifteen and even then it was multiple televisions because every time it went on, Aimee’s mother would turn her wand on it. To her knowledge, Aimee believed they’d gone through at least eleven television sets during that summer. She’d never seen her father’s eyes grow so wide when he saw the final bill.

A chill went through Aimee and her small frame shivered involuntarily. She pulled the purple jacket off of the back of the chair and slid her arms into it and bundling the soft material up around her. She smiled a little when Spencer said goodbye to his mum and she cocked her head towards the door. “Do you want to head home, then?” She asked, a yawn escaping her mouth almost directly after she finished speaking. Aimee hastily moved her hands to cover her mouth and she felt her cheeks burn up again. She didn’t feel tired. Perhaps someone else had yawned or there wasn’t enough clean air in the pub. Well, she was feeling incredibly relaxed. Relaxation came hand in hand with sleep so maybe that was it. They were a pair, those two, a couple of blushing teenagers that knew no better; a sight to behold for a curious barman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Spencer, nodded eagerly, he didn't mind the dark. But it was a full moon, and who knows what might be out tonight. Any other night he'd be fine, just not a full moon. He picked the jacket up from the back of his chair, bringing the chair with it. He blushed and managed to put the chair back down and remove the arm sleeves from where they were and pick it up. He put it on and smiled at Aimee. She was already wearing her jacket so they both set off for the door. Aimee looked cold, and it had seemed to warm up slightly since they'd been outside. He had know idea how that was possible but he certainly felt warmer.

He didn't zip up his jacket, he just left it open. After all, it still was chilly out. Even his thoughts didn't make sense to him. Well, most of the time they didn't anyway. His stomach growled and in the pale of the moonlight his cheeks went red. He had completely skipped lunch and dinner today. He had eaten maybe...a piece of toast before going to work on his cauldron. But that was how a normal day was scheduled out for him and he would always eat alone at his house around this time. Maybe it was time he changed his schedule around a little bit.

"Hey, you want to have something to eat when we get back? Or do you want to head home and hit the hay?" he asked her. Oddly, there was only one light post in the little village that seemed to be working tonight. But it gave just enough light for himself and Aimee to spot any thing on the ground they could trip on. More Spencer than Aimee actually, Spencer wasn't...well as lucky. And after all that talk about luck, he wondered what it'd take for him to start receiving some good luck. Aimee carried all sorts of things with her. It was odd, but she was odd. So was he, and nothing was going to change them. They were friends till the end, always there for each other. He shivered a little bit and wrapped the ends of the sleeves of his jacket around his hands. It seemed to be getting colder again, but oh well.

His mind then wandered off somewhere else than the present moment. He was staring at the ground, continuing to walk forward. Not paying attention to his surroundings, and surprisingly staying on his feet. He was thinking of possible scenarios. About what you ask? Well nothing specific, just a few things on potions and a few other things. Things that just so happen to be nobodies business. So keep reading then, keep reading. The post isn't going to get much better. This is really just filler so it looks long. See, this is called breaking the fourth wall. Don't try it, it's my thing!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:00 am

The dark was filled with things that Aimee hated. Well, feared was more like it. She couldn’t hate anything; she wasn’t that type of person. She blindly saw good in everyone even if they weren’t the nicest people in the world. Aimee always tried to pick the good bits out in the bad. But the dark was just something she couldn’t find light in. The abyss was something you could never really break out from. She wasn’t the type to sleep with a light on but when she was scared she had to put every single light on in her house. Light was reassuring, nothing bad could happen there right? Wrong, light was just as dangerous, dark just brought on irrational fears.

Her fears made her shrink a little closer to Spencer as they walked, and wrap the coat tighter around her. She felt safe with him but not completely. There was still that fear. “Food sounds absolutely brilliant.” She said quietly as she looked around the deserted village. Everyone was inside; no one was brave enough to be outside just in case. Aimee was a Gryffindor and yet she was still afraid of the dark like a child. It wasn’t completely irrational in her mind though. “Do you think we could hurry up a little bit, Spencer?” She asked, her eyes darting around the village. She was definitely panicking now. The house was within her line of sight but she didn’t feel any better about it. That was one thing someone could do if they wanted to kill her. If they bathed he room in darkness then she’d be completely at their mercy out of terror.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:20 am

He knew Aimee was beginning to freak out a little bit. So he nodded, "Yeah we can speed up." he told her, coming back to real life again. Almost as soon as he said 'yeah', they were right at his door. He smiled and opened the door, it was unlocked which seemed to be odd. But he was also forgetful when it came to locking things. He led Aimee inside and sat her down on the couch, he then flicked every light he could find on for her. He sat down next to her, he hugged her close.

"There, all better?" he asked her chuckling a little bit. Darkness was one of Aimee's weaknesses. It was a major one, and Spencer knew about it. Just like his major weakness was spiders...well maybe not spiders. But he hated silence, honestly he really hated silence. But he'd never show it, he'd always have something going in his house. He NEEDED to hear someone talking or singing. He'd leave his television running, otherwise he'd never get to sleep. He always carried some form of music with him as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:59 am

Aimee and the dark would never be friends. It was the cause of her spectacularly failing Astronomy. That and the fact that she always started to hyperventilate when she entered the class, if she made it to the class that is. Usually she avoided astronomy class and unless she was dragged to the class then there was no way you’d find the redhead there. Aimee was just glad she was with Spencer this time. Had she been alone she wouldn’t have walked. She would have immediately Apparated. She’d stopped splinching herself now when she was panicking so she didn’t have to worry about losing a leg on the way back to her home.

When the lights came on Aimee felt herself relax a little but she was still het up and panicky. She didn’t like feeling this way, she hated it, but it was involuntary. It was almost like a reflex. Maybe her dad shut her in the garage by accident when she was a child. Aimee didn’t know but whatever it was. She was terrified and she didn’t know why. When Spencer wrapped his arms around her she did all she could to stop herself from crying. She was angry with herself for being so silly but also upset because she was still scared. Lights were artificial, bulbs could blow. Spencer was still there for her, though. “Ask me again in a few minutes.” She mumbled into his shoulder, closing her eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top