N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 8 - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 8 - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 8

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 8

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Alester looked up and raised his hand halfway before lowering it and beginning to speak in a clear yet not overtly loud voice. He had considered a few spells before choosing the one he would mention, Professor, one healing spell of great worth is Vulnera Sanentur-- a peculiar healing charm for wounds, said to even replinish lost blood, and is the only known counter to sectumsempra. His eyes flashed bright blue over the usual silvery turquoise as he revealed his chosen bit of information to the class, he had considered one of the more well known spells in his arsenal; however this one called to him for its rarity and power.
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:41 am

''Yes, you are correct. Ten points for Slytherin. There are several more of them, but the one your colleague mentioned is the most powerful and most effective. Brackium Emendo heals broken bones, Anapeo is used to heal choking, Episky is used with minor injuries and Terego is used to clear up dried blood. Now, what I am asking of you today is not simple. You should divide yourselves into groups of two. When you do so, you will receive a copy, an artificial person, organically identical, but without a brain. It will be a copy of a random John Doe. What you will do is practice spells and healing spells on it. You will have to use a spell, any spell, and then use a healing spell to neutralize the effect of your first spell. Your grade and points will be determined through the efficiency, rapidness and reactivity of your spell. I hope you understand everything. Now, divide yourselves into pairs.'', he said.

(NOTE: Deadline tonight - When you pair up, start immediately)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:58 pm

[[OOC hard choice now..]]

Mariana nodded not catching the part with John Doe whoever though she looked around on alot of people she knew that could be her pair. "Okay who would like to team up with me? I am free." she asked not particulary loudly. She looked around to see who will reply first, but ofcourse didn't know what was she supposed to do.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Alester Thoth Crowley Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Alester walked over to one of the more or less cadavers and took a position on the right side. He really didn't know anyone and as such did not care who chose to partner with him... he was unsure of the real requirement as defined.... was one of them to injure the subject and the other to heal and then switch? He guessed that could very well work. Silvery turquoise eyes scanned the room looking for someone to work with so he would not get discounted on this partner project. He played with causing small cuts to appear on the subject's arm and ribcage and then healing them while he waited for the person who he would work with.

((No offense but giving us a one day deadline is not conducive to a partner project, Sir; especially on a Sunday this close to the end of the schoolyear and with better weather more frequent...))
Alester Thoth Crowley
Alester Thoth Crowley

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:45 pm

(That was a motivational deadline, but never mind that now. Deadline is until Wednesday. Who has not paired up, fails. Mari, you go with Arthur, just to make this more quicker.)

''Diggory, you are not the Queen of England. Pair up with Arthur. First, you fire the spell, whichever you like, at the dummy and Arthur will heal it. Then, he will do the same. You can begin.'', Wilson said.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Belle Fey Potter Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Belle went to Mari without a second thought, "Hey Sis, ready to conquer this task together? Between the two of us this should be rather easy." They had both been in a rather...cutting mood as the term went. And at least the thing didn't have any nerves so they wouldn't actually be hurting it.
Belle Fey Potter
Belle Fey Potter

Number of posts : 780
Special Abilities : Speaking to Animals, Animagus (Black Wolf)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Mariana rooled her eyes boredly at Wilson who never lost opportunity to bug her knowing that her reply at class could make her loose points so she just followed instructions without a word. "Sorry sis King Henry here already paired me up with Arty though Alester is avaivable." she said apologinisgly smirking at Wilson's direction. "Here i am Arty so who goes first?" she asked picking her wand not sure how could anyone get along with Wilson.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:21 pm

''Diggory, next time you want to insult or put someone down... be creative. But, never mind that now. You may not be the Queen of England, but you sure are dumb as some of them... does the phrase 'you go first' have any meaning that I am not aware of? Poe, you attack... maybe she will know what to do then. But you never know, she may ask who goes first even then.'', he said. ''Fey, take Crowley. You perform in whichever order you want.'', he added.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur Severus Poe Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 pm

''Don't worry about him, Mariana. Remember, the lessons he delivers through this sarcasm. Now, I'll cast one of my favorite spells. You can probably guess which one it is. You heal the lad, and then you cast any spell and I shall do the same. Then, we are finished.'', he said with a smile. He took his wand and directed it towards the dummy. ''Sectumsempra'', he fired.
Arthur Severus Poe
Arthur Severus Poe

Number of posts : 471
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic (only basic)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Julia nodded, seeing the assignment as a quite easy one. She looked around, seeing no other free student that she could pair up with. "Sir, I have no partner, and there is no one else available for me to partner up with" She stated. Hopefully, another student would come in so that she could work with them for the assignment, though she wasn't sure if anyone else was in this class.

(I noticed that Godric is in this class and doesn't have a partner, but it doesn't seem like he is active in this class right now)
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top