N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 5 - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 5 - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 5

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: N.E.W.T. Class - Lesson 5

Post by James William Wilson Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:17 am

Wilson burst out laughing. ''No, not another one! This has to be a conspiracy of some sort. You, Malfoy, are free to leave along with Diggory and take Whittle with you.'', he said. ''This is not a mortuary nor a courtroom and I am not responsible for dead people nor for wills and testaments. You have my condolences, both of you, but this is no place to discuss that. Therefore, get out. Malfoy, you have completed your job, and Whittle, I presume you know both of these spells and I shall give you an 'O' if you just cease with the talk about your dead uncle, father or whoever died. This is DADA, not a funeral.'', Wilson exclaimed.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:42 pm

A spider and two unforgivable curses. It seemed everyone else had no problem with cursing the poor creatures but it seemed Dora was the only one with a conscience. She peered inside the box and looked at the two spiders that were quietly conversing. Even the ballerina, who had been charmed to dance, seemed interested in the spiders. Dora swallowed and pushed the box away. She wasn’t going to curse those spiders – no way. Someone else could. She wasn’t about to end the lives of innocent creatures.

The ballerina began to dance across her desk again, obviously bored of looking at the spiders. Dora looked up to listen to the Professor’s outburst and couldn’t help but smile a little. Everyone had seemed to have lost someone but Dora wasn’t sure who had lost who. The Professor wasn’t exactly happy about the students it seemed and the negative energy was beginning to irritate Dora as well.

She knew that spells like that would bring back awful memories but no one said they had to do it. There was no way she was going to sit and torture a spider then ruthlessly kill the other. Dora picked the box up and held her hand out for the spiders to climb onto. She put the box on the floor and let the spiders walk onto her desk. The ballerina seemed to like the spiders a little and Dora just let them all walk across the desk and do whatever they wanted to.

“Spells like these can trigger emotions and memories that some wouldn’t like to think about, Sir.” Dora spoke up. “You can hardly blame them.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Godric shrugged his shoulders. He realy had had enough of this teacher. His concern was for the fact that he had already shown that he could use the unforgivables. So instead he stood grabbed his belongings, and walked out the door without a second glance to the unfair Gryphondor Head of House. He shot a look at Christy, and Mari, smiled, and inclined his head for them to come with him.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:03 pm

''I do not care about your life tragedies. Your job is to practice these spells and to know how you can deal with them and use them. I do not care what happened to you. I am not a psychiatrist and I am not here to listen to your problems. I am your professor and I am here to teach you. The next one who tries to sell his life story as an excuse for not practicing the spells will get a lovely T and a one-way ticket out of class.'', he replied.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 pm

"I watched a lot of people die from this spell.And i can't seem to understand what is so wrong about not wanting to watch it again..." Mariana spoke up after Amelia's little interferance. "And no one expected you to care Professor.Only to respect it..." she said as she walked out of the class furiously waiting for Godric and Christy.In some schools they didn't even treat dogs like that..

[[OOC:Continuance somewhere Godric/Christy?]]
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:19 pm

''And I do, but do respect my choice of not caring.'', he replied in bewilderment. ''So, Whittle... are you going to wrap your two spiders up or are you going to join your chaps?'', he asked.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Between the students who had come late to class, the seemingly never ending argument between the professor and a few students whose morality or background seemed to be standing in the way of their magic, and the redheaded girl who had made pets of her spiders, Amelia was having a difficult time concentrating on the task at hand.

It was in her nature to observe those around her, though in usual classes this did not become a problem because it was in lecture format; most students simply copied from the board and then attempted to execute the spell of the day. This didn’t provide great fodder for distraction. But today, it seemed everyone in the classroom had a story to tell, many of which Amelia hadn’t heard before. The mental files she kept on everyone she met were quickly filling with the details divulged in protest to today’s lesson.

Amelia didn’t understand why her peers had such objections to the curses; yes, they likely knew people on whom the unforgivable curses had been used, but in this day and age, didn’t everyone? Being the rational individual she was, Amelia did not see how this could possibly stand in the way of performing a required spell, especially when the alternative meant receiving an incomplete for the lesson and possibly the loss of house points.

After realizing belatedly that she had been eavesdropping more than practicing, Amelia turned her attention to the box in front of her. Taking her wand from the waistband of her uniform skirt – curse whoever made uniform skirts without pockets – Amelia took the lid off the container and looked down to see two rather large camel spiders having what looked like a wrestling match, but could very well have been a mating dance for all she knew.

Not wanting to waste any more time or be confused for a member of the dead relatives squad, Amelia raised her wand and took a deep breath, making sure she put intent behind her curse or it wouldn’t work properly. Amelia would not have chosen on her own to use the unforgivable curses, but there wasn’t really much choice in the matter. This was today’s assignment, and any qualms she might have were brushed aside in favor of her grades.

Amelia was not particularly attached to these spiders, nor any arachnids for that matter, and thus when she firmly said “Crucio,” the top of the two spiders began to shudder and contort itself.

After a few moments of observation, Amelia ended the spell with a twitch of her wand and the spider fell back against the side of the box, still shaking from the experience. It was curious how, a few years ago, unforgivable curses would never have been allowed as a student practice exercise, but things had changed since then. They had changed a lot.

Amelia considered briefly conducting the second curse on the same spider, to put it out of its misery, but those had not been the instructions, and if Amelia was good at anything, it was following orders. And thus, she raised her wand, closing her eyes for a moment before opening them and slinging the killing curse at the second eight-legged creature, who was illuminated by a green light before falling silently over, motionless.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Wilson observed everything. ''Miss Lyons, you are an idiot!'', he ejaculated quite loudly, hoping to cause confusion. ''You have done your job well, not well... excellent, as Mr. Poe. It seems that the two of you are the only ones that I can have faith in.'', he sighed, hoping that his initial sarcasm was understood by the class, since he was sure Amelia understood it. ''You two should get together from time to time. Twenty points for Ravenclaw.'', he said, looking at the two.

Arthur just stared at him bewildered and a little bit embarrassed, but the latter could not be seen on his face.

''Now, for the rest of you staring at me like sheep or having moral issues or just being idiots, notice how the two did it? You could do the same, you know... it would not kill you.'', he replied and sighed once more.
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Although in different circumstances, such an offensive statement would have gotten a rise out of Amelia, the Ravenclaw girl was far too aware of the personality traits of Professor William Wilson, and thus she waited for the recoil of his explosive first statement. She knew the professor acknowledged her intelligence and capabilities and that she had given him no viable reason to consider her performance anything less than satisfactory.

And there it was. The tension that had existed in her peers at hearing her called an idiot immediately dissipated as they realized that he had been being facetious, and Amelia nodded an smiled in thanks as he complimented her work. The smile quickly fell away, however, when the professor made mention of her and Arthur "getting together"

Oh God... Amelia thought, immediately letting her chin meet her chest as she blushed deeply. She didn't even dare look at Arthur, lest any of her classmates get the idea that Professor Wilson had picked up on something that most definitely did not exist. Amelia could barely stand Arthur's presence in class, she thought him so presumptuous and self-appreciating; the chances of the two of them every spending any time together out of class would certainly mean physical harm to one of them, and Amelia doubted very much that it would be her.

How do I get myself into these things? Amelia wondered as she let her gaze fall on the spiders in her box, both relatively still now that the effects of the cruciatus curse had worn off the first arachnid. It was true that she usually found Professor Wilson's dry humour entertaining, but she would have preferred it if he kept his thoughts about her personal life to himself.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by James William Wilson Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Wilson looked at the two. He closed his eyes and waved his hand. He uses the Muffliato curse so only Amelia and Arthur could hear him. He stood up. ''You two seem to be pretty confused about my statement, both of you. And do not worry, no one can hear us. What I said, I meant it.'', he said as he stood between their two desks. He positioned himself diagonally and put his left hand on Arthur's and his right hand on Amelia's shoulder, ''connecting'' them. ''Arthur, my dear pupil, she is perfect for you, despite your bewildered look. She is extremely beautiful, intelligent and you are you, she would fit you perfectly. And you, Miss Lyons... he is, well I can't say he is beautiful, that is up to you but... he is not ugly and he is intelligent. You are... well, you are you. Although you dislike him because you think he is pompous, and yes, it is quite obvious, even to him, but he is not like that, he is just a know-it-all. You two, however you may disagree, although I do not know his opinion, never spoke to him about that, would fit each other perfectly.'', he said, tapping them on their shoulders.

He returned to his desk. ''Mark my words, both of you! Arthur, m'boy, as McCoy likes to say, do change a little, and Miss Lyons, do be more... softer... softer could be a fitting word. But, I am sure you all know what I am trying to say.'', he added with a smile and removed the spell.

Arthur looked at Wilson, smirking a little in disbelief and then turned to Amelia to see her reaction.

(Sorry if you find it to invasive, I will deleted the post... but I think it is a nice touch. But, you decide)
James William Wilson
James William Wilson

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top