The Yule Ball - Page 13
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Yule Ball - Page 13 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Yule Ball

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Yule Ball - Page 13 Empty Re: The Yule Ball

Post by Rosalie Malfoy01 Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:23 am

Rosalie resized the rum and tucked it back in her shoe strap. She couldn't grasp the meaning of "Why? Why do I feel this way? Why can't I stop? I just want to let to go." This night went ok for a while, but it wasn't her cinderella moment her mother had told her about. It was about time where she grew tierd of it all. "The Romance,the prince charming, the happily ever after. It's all a bunch of B.S.! As soon as you give your heart to someone they rip it apart. They may put the pieces back together and say they care. But the pain still feels the same."

She was angry inside. ANGRY.

"Maybe I should just leave. It's not like no one will notice I'm gone."
"No matter what your insecurties always got the best of you. She looked behind her. The Yule Ball was still going on. Everyone having a wonderful time. The alcohol in the punch was a a good idea. But it didn't make her forget about her heart being shattered into pieces. She took the bottle from the strap of her shoe , kicked it and let roll to whoever wanted more

"If I just walk out of here...no one will care to notice. This night is only letting me hurt more, he's only letting me hurt more. I can't do this anymore, I just can't" A tear shot Rosalie's eye as she gazed up at the stars one last time. She started to walk away from the ball. She was leaving. It hurt to much to watch him give his love...the same way he gave her.

She turned around. "I hope he makes you just as happy as he made me." She dropped the rose she had on the stairs and the pedals fell off one by one. She was gone.

Last edited by Rosalie Malfoy on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosalie Malfoy01
Rosalie Malfoy01

Number of posts : 123
Special Abilities : Telekenesis

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 am

Starting to reel slightly from what she had just done – what they had just done, actually. Elijah had done a great deal to fan the flames after her initial spark – Amelia was grateful when Elijah non-verbally agreed to her suggestion. She offered no resistance when he pulled her to her feet, finding herself looking up from him again much the same way she had as their earlier dance came to a close. She again noticed how much taller he was than she, having to tilt her head so that the curls of her updo touched her upper back in order to see the smirk that cross his lips. As she did this, she and Elijah seemed to both have the same realization at the same moment that they were perfectly poised for a kiss, but this time it was Elijah who took the reins and leaned in toward her.

This is what happens when you let a drop of water through the dam, Amelia’s subconscious chided, not bothering to yell anymore because it could see that tonight’s battle had already been lost, You get cracks. And then the flood comes.

That’s okay,
the currently more dominant part of herself retorted, I don’t mind getting a little wet.

The kiss this time was brief, more of a peck than a kiss, but Amelia was almost grateful, for she did not think her heart could take another one so soon. The shock of it was now beginning to roll over her, the taste and scent of Elijah lingering on her lips and in her hair and on her skin. She was in a sort of fog as Elijah led her out to the balcony, staying closer to his side now that the invisible barrier between them had been blown up by a bomb detonated by the touch of their lips.

Amelia braced herself as they reached the door, ready to feel the cold pierce her already icy skin, but the chill didn’t come, even after she had Elijah had fully come onto the balcony. The air outdoors was actually refreshing, in a way, and although she could feel gooseflesh rising on her arms and shoulders, it was easy to ignore. The snow that had fallen just a day before still blanketed the scene below them in white, surprisingly undisturbed considering the number of students at Hogwarts.

They were the only couple outside, for the time being, and as Amelia allowed her head to tilt back to view the sky uninterrupted by glass or stone she felt Elijah’s arms wrap around her waist. The weight of his arms settled onto the bones of her hips, blocking the wind from behind and the side, creating the sensation of laying in bed with no blankets covering you. Except her bed did not smell nearly this good, nor did it make chills crawl up her spine that had nothing to do with the temperature.

Although there was a slight obstruction to this path of inaction, Amelia leaned some of her weight into Elijah and allowed her body to become flush with his. She crossed her arms across herself and let her hands come to rest on Elijah’s forearms, not holding him there, but looking as though she might be. She knew perfectly well that this state of bliss would likely not extend past tonight, falling away with the light of the morning. As much as she would like to hold onto the girl who delighted in the touch of another, who took risks like kissing someone in a crowded ballroom, and allowed her feelings to be known, she knew that logic was likely to reclaim its throne in the morning. For now, though, she would put the thought from her mind and enjoy what she had.

If this is going to become a habit at dances, I think we are going to have to start working harder against Antoinette about attending them, her disgruntled logic complained from its suddenly very small place in her mind.

Amelia ignored this, instead focusing on Elijah’s words and the vibrations she could feel passing from his chest to her back. His words were an echo of earlier, except this time Amelia was able to let him settled onto her without feeling the need to pick them apart and analyze each word individually. She found that the phrase was somehow better understood without trying, because this time she felt as though they weren’t just words, but an actual expression of truth. This moment was rare, one that might never occur again, and she wanted to hold it forever and never let go.

Although she would have been content only with the first phrase, Elijah was not finished. She felt the vibrations lengthen as Elijah’s voice grew deeper, speaking in a foreign tongue she recognized as Bulgarian only because Elijah had told her that was where he was from. She did not speak a word of Bulgarian, and thus she did not understand what Elijah had said. Without pulling away from him, Amelia turned her head to look up and see the expression on his face, hoping from this that she might be able to deduce what he had meant. His face was set, holding a sincerity that bordered on seriousness.

A small part of Amelia wanted to ask for the translation, but after a moment of reflection she realized she didn’t need it. What the words were was not as important as the meaning behind them. So instead, Amelia lowered her eyes from Elijah and nuzzled herself into his chest instead, giving her own non-English response.

“Portabo is moment me usquequaque,” she whispered into his shirt, her eyes closed as she relished in his warmth and aroma.

I will carry this moment with me always.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Raphael Stravos Valentine Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:33 am

Belle Fey wrote:Belle laughed heartily, "I know I am horrible, why do you put up with me again?" She asked as she put herself back into his arms, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist.

"Yes, you are," said Andrian brushing the tip of his nose against her and gave her a gently peck on the lips before pulling away from her and putting one arm around, over her shoulder and rested it on her back. "Because I'm so in love with you," he whispered and chuckled when she said why do he put up with her. He love all those time they've teased each other. It was so fun, he knew everything that came out of her mouth when she was teasing was just a joke.
Raphael Stravos Valentine
Raphael Stravos Valentine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1898
Special Abilities : Telepathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantha Burns Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:06 am

Samantha was unsure if she was even going to go to the ball, without Ne'os it just wasn't the same. She was going to have to watch all the lovely couples dancing together and whatnot. But she knew that some of her friends where going to be there. She knew that they would be looking for her and that she needed to be around her friends for now. So she got dressed halfway thru the ball. When she finished she head for the Great Hall and then walked through the doors. She could see some of her friends. She saw them dancing with their dates and talking with friends. For a second she felt like turning around and going back to her room, but she pushed on and walked over to Sophia's area and sat down in a chair.

Spoiler:

^My Dress
Samantha Burns
Samantha Burns
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 3982

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Miseria sighed quietly, not moving from her place where she was sitting. She was punk, oh yeah she was, but right now, when Christmas was near, she didn't want any problems to solve. And in any ways, all those who went to drink punch, they were all strangers to her. Okay, Della, she was her house mate, but Rosalie Malfoy and this other guy from Slytherin... She saw both of them for the first time.

Sighing again, she looked over all the dancers, who were mostly smiling and having fun. Well exept for her. She didn't enjoy the party, but she didn't leave. Why? She didn't know the answer for herself. Miseria would love this party when there would be only three or four people. Not that much. She wasn't party person and she never be.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Cherenkov Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Anastasia heard Danny's voice and turned around, "Danny." she called back as she made her way to him. "Hey Christy. You look very pretty tonight." Ana said as she stood in front of them.
Anastasia Cherenkov
Anastasia Cherenkov

Number of posts : 337
Special Abilities : Animagus, Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:00 am

Elijah hugged Amelia close to him and kissed her hair. The night air was cool if not chilly and he was beginning to feel the air chill his skin. Nachash didn’t seem to like it either and was trying to snuggle her way between them. Eli had a feeling that if she could she would probably swap who she was living with for a while just to see what’s going on. However, the snake seemed a lot more irritated by the cold than usual.

The silence between them was welcome and Elijah felt no need to fill it with words as it seemed to be just what they needed - the company of each other. Elijah was completely and utterly content and he couldn’t quite shake off the feeling that he was walking on air. However, despite it all he knew there was a long way to go.

“You’re getting cold, love.” Eli murmured, rubbing circles in her back in an attempt to get her warm again. “C’mon, lets get back inside. I can’t wait to see how many detentions the almighty Shacklebot wants to bestow on me.”

He heard Nachash hiss and he suddenly remembered the other weight in his pocket. Elijah released his hold on Amelia for a few seconds before reaching into his pocket. He took out a large, square velvet box and held it in front of her. He opened the box and revealed a necklace he had found in Hogsmeade.

He’d seen it twinkling in a shop he’d gone into and when he asked the saleswoman she had told him that they didn’t usually sell things like that and that it was a rare find in that shop. However, Nachash soon identified it. She explained that the stone was a crystallized dragon heart charmed to keep every offensive spell away from the wearer. It was even known to divert a Killing curse every once in a while.

“I don’t know if you like it. It’s quite heavy but useful y’know?” Eli said nervously.

Eli took the necklace from the box and tucked the box back in his blazer. Eli smiled and walked around so he was stood behind Amelia. Eli carefully draped the necklace over her skin and couldn’t help but place the odd kiss on her neck as he secured the necklace.

“I expect it is time for us to go in.” Eli mumbled. “Besides, I expect Shacklebot has figured out who’s been playing around with the students drinks by now and if he can’t find me, love, he’ll be beyond pissed. He might just set fire to that beard of his in a fit of rage.”

Spoiler:
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:05 am

Christabelle laughed a bit as they got away from the headmaster. "I really thought he was going to give you a detention for that." she said still laughing a bit from it when she saw Ana. She smiled, "Thanks. So do you." she replied sweetly to her. "Thanks for pulling me away Danny I really didn't want to have to hear what he had to say just yet."
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alana York Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:02 am

Julia sat at the table alone, everyone had left to dance or go make out with their dates. She took another sip of the vodka in her cup, as she was getting quite upset and angry with all of the affection going on. It brought back horrible memories... By now, Julia had finished off two and a half cups of vodka and a cup of whiskey. She didn't usually drink like this, but it was all coming to her now. She was on the periphery of staying sober, and she decided to slow down a bit. She didn't want to be piss drunk on Christmas Eve. Nothing was more worse than a hangover on Christmas morning.

Julia had noticed Elijah and Amelia being all lovey-dovey, and she looked away quickly. She wasn't exactly jealous of anyone, just simply "upset". The thoughts of the past came up in her head, and it got Julia quickly sad. These memories burnt a hole in her brain, and stuck to her like glue, and she couldn't control them. Julia never told anyone about these memories, it would be too hard for her to explain them.

She finished off the last sip of alcohol in her cup and just sat there like she did the whole night already.
Alana York
Alana York
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:30 am

Shacklebolt walked over to Julia, and stood there calmly. "Miss Traverse, did you know there is alchohol in your punch?' he asked. It was a tactic he used quite effectively. He suspected Julia for putting in the alchohol, as he had seen her, Elijah and Rosalie together near the punch, which he knew now contained alchohol. He would now see if she was guilty or not by her reaction.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top