Magical Abilities - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Abilities - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Abilities

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Abilities - Page 4 Empty Re: Magical Abilities

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:45 am

Name: Sophia Granger
Ability Desired: Speaking to animals
How your character got this ability: Sophia had Inherited this gift to talk to animals from her mother who got it from her farther. Sophia didn't know she had this gift intil one day everyone was picking on her and calling her a freak for making weird things happen at her muggle school. Sitting all alone without any friends Sophia started talking to herself telling herself she doesn't know why she makes weird things happen and it isn't her fault when a bird in a tree told her no it isn' t and that she was more special then the others. Shocked that the bird talked to her and she was able to understand it Sophia started talking to the bird every single day during lunch and break. When Sophia told her mother she could talk to animals and the bird she talked to everyday her mother laughed and told her so could she and she had since she was Sophia's age which was ten going on eleven.

Soon Sophia had friends, although they were all animals Sophia didn't care as long as she had someone to talked to. When she was accepted to Hogwarts Sophia decided not to keep her gift secret seeing how it really didn't matter anymore seeing how she was going to a magical school. Sophia uses her ability for good and to protect her from anything that tries to hurt her. Sophia doesn't only use her ability to protect her but she also uses it to get things she needs and to spy on death eaters by asking some of the animal to help her. Sophia even hangs out with them while she in her wolf animagus she finds it more funnier seeing how she can unserstand them and talk to them.
If I can't have it then it's fine! Wink

Last edited by Sophia Granger on Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:49 am

I've re-thought this and I made some changes and additions to what I wrote.

b]Name:[/b] Khaat Lupin
Ability Desired: Seer, wandless magic, apparation
How your character got this ability: Khaat inherited her seer's ability from her mother. Her mother did not foster much growth of Khaat's abilities when Khaat was growing up, because her mother was more interested in the care of magical creatures. When she went to school, she found those abilities much more respected and encouraged there, and those talents began to flourish under the care of her professors. Khaat's abilities were first recognized when Khaat was about 8 years old, when the family was scheduled to go on a "holiday" to the south of France on winter and Khaat had been having visions of her father being pickpocketted and their travel money being taken. Khaat kept having the vision, and finally told her mother. When Khaat kept having the same vision, her mother tucked away additional funds in her bag "just in case." Her father was indeed pickpocketted in a busy magical artifacts shop, and the family's trip was saved because of the money her mother had squirred away for them. Khaat's abilities most often concern warnings of some sort of difficulties, usually involving someone she loves. She does have visions about things that don't make any sense to her, but so far she has been dismissing them. She hopes to get additional training in her last 3 years at Hogwarts to help her understand these abilities.

Khaat's wandless magic was discovered when her parents noticed she could accomplish different desires by magic--the cookie on the countertop apparating into her hand when her mother didn't choose to give it to her, making her toys dance, lighting up the snowglobe on her nightstand when she wanted a nightlight for comfort. Her parents did not discourage this talent, and her Uncle Remus encouraged it.

Apparation came to Khaat naturally from her father and her uncle who possessed the gift as a natural talent, and Khaat learned that many Lupins possessed this ability. She started apparating her toys as a child or small treats (often when she wasn't supposed to have them because of the risk of spoiling her dinner). When Remus found she started to show this ability in order to get her own way, he did his best to both encourage her to develop it and place some boundaries on her about how and when to use it. It was one of her favorite games with him when he would visit.

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:56 pm

You don't need to do this for Apparation and Wandless. But I am going to need more info Khaat sorry.

Soph, maybe just a teeny bit more

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:13 am

There Matt I edited it, is it ok now?
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:48 am

Matt--I edited my request again. I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, but am I on the right track?

K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Yeah looks good, ACCEPTED!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Name: Dlyanne West
Ability Desired:Metamorphagus Animagus Apparation Nonverbal MagicWandless Magic
How your character got this ability:
Metamorphagus – ability to change appearance at will- dlyannes mother had this abliity and so did her mother and her mother befor her
Animagus - Dlyanne was tought by the dev=fence against the dark arts teacher when voldamort was after her family.
Wandless Magic - dlyannes father had discovered how to use wandless magic one day and when he though she new magic well enought helped her figure it out
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:31 pm

I can give you either Wandless or Metamorphagus if you give me some more (Like alot more)
and I need more for Animagus! You don't get taught to be an Animagus just so you know.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:43 pm

forget it

Last edited by Isabella Swan on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:45 pm

Okay I'm sorry but, I think you need to research Animagus lol.
It takes years of study, pain and well research it. Plus I need at least a paragraph or two for Metamorphagus

EDITE:Are we still doing Animagus?

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top