Magical Abilities - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Abilities - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Abilities

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Abilities - Page 9 Empty Re: Magical Abilities

Post by Matthew Lestrange Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Name:Matt Lestrange
Ability Desired:Wandless
How your character got this ability:
Wandless
Matt had never used it before and realized, when he was in league with the death eaters they had taught alot of dark magic to people. Matt luckily had been one of those people they taught to. He had never actually used it before because he thought it would make dueling less fun. He however was wrong, he now is practising it because he had almost forgotten and needed to learn again.

I'm adding myself but I posted this just so you all knew kay

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Avettica Black Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:27 am

Name:Avettica Black
Ability Desired:Parseltongue, Metamorphagus
Metamorphagus Avettica was abandondend as a baby. If it weren't for her metamorphagic abilities she probably would have never been found. Rabastan Lestrange rescued her. A deatheater on the run after the dark lord's fall found Avettica in a bush because of her bright blue hair. Avettica was expressing the sadness of being away from her mother through her hair color. Rabastan knew who to take the baby to and that was Avettica's adoptive mother Susan Huntington. For the first year Susan had Avettica she assumed that she was born with blue hair, but eventually Avettica grew to like her adoptive mother and she came out of the sadness she had faced since she was a child. Avettica's hair changed to a bright yellow on her first birthday. Causing great alarm to Susan. As Susan became more frantic Avettica's hair color changed again and again because she was reacting to her mothers fear and astonishment. After visiting a doctor he confirmed that Avettica was indeed a metamorphagus. Since Avettica was abandonded she and her mother have come to assume that she has inheirited the ability from her parents.
Parseltongue When Avettica was four years old her and her mother gardened. One day a garden snake approached them, and Avettica's mother decided to teach her something. She lifted the snake up by using the imperius curse and said "this is the imperious curse you may use it to get people to do what you want." Avettica gazed amazed by the power of the curse. Suddenly her mother flourished her wand and the snake started twitching "this is the cruciatus curse" she said "you may use it to torture people." Somewhere off in the distance Avettica heard someone screaming. As her mother stopped the curse the screaming stopped and whatever it was started muttering "no, no". "Avada kedavra" her mother shouted and the snake feel limp and the air was quiet once again to Avettica. "And that" her mother said "is how you kill someone." Avettica was amazed by the curses and wanted to learn more, but their gardening was done and they went back inside.
Two Weeks later Avettica and her mother returned to the garden. "The snakes have been getting worse." Avettica's mother said killing another. Avettica nodded searching for the voices that came into her head everytime she went to the garden. "Why don't you go sit over there Avettica while I get some Roses". Avettica immediately did as she was told. After all the prickers on the rose bushes were terrible. Suddenly, a snake came up to her. "How are you little girl" the voice in her head said. Avettica turned her head looking for the voice as if it was in the sky. "Down here" the voice said, and Avettica turned to the snake and let out a scream. "Leave me alone." she shouted. "Fine, but you are one of the only people I can communicate with so tell that lady to stop killing my kind." Avettica's mother came up beside her. "I'll tell her" Avettica whispered to the snake and Avettica's mother whipped her around. "What did you just say?" she shouted. "Mum, I'm supposed to tell you to stop killing the snakes, thats what that snake told me." Avettica pointed to the snake that was now slithering away. "Avettica" her mother said pointing to another snake "tell that one to stay off our land." Avettica did as she was told and her mother clapped with excitement. "Avettica dear I think your a parseltongue." Avettica looked up at her mother confused. "What does that mean?" she asked. "It means you can talk to snakes." Avettica beamed. "It's very rare you probably got it from you real parents." Avettica looked down whenever her mother mentioned her real parents it made it feel as if her own mother was a stranger. "Avettica you should embrace this skill, don't hold back like you do with you other skills." Avettica knew what she was talking about. She didn't like to change her hair or face or anything using her
metamorphic skills because it reminded her of her real parents. "Lets go get some ice cream." her mother said. And they headed back into the house for a nice bowl of ice cream.

I'm not sure if I did the parseltongue right, but I think the metamorphagus is right. Please let me know what I did wrong. Thanks. Slytherin Banner
Avettica Black
Avettica Black

Number of posts : 27
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 am

Name: Renae Osborn
Ability Desired: Wandless magic, Leglimancy

Wandless Magic
During her fifth year at Bueaxbatons Academy, Renae was in the library and came across the term "wandless magic" It soon caught her intrest, and she was determined to master it. Of course in the beginning she would try and fail miseribly. She started of with doing simple things, like the levitating spell. When she got that down, she started trying more difficult tasks. All in all it took her 4 years to get it down perfectly. A year after she had graduated she had master the ability to do wandless magic.

Leglimancy-
Leglimancy was something her father told her about when she was young. When her father lived in England, he was a death eater and used Leglimancy on the good witches and wizards. But after the downfall of the dark lord, he came to the other side, and moved to Paris. Although this ability was not inherited, she wanted to use it for her own personal purposes. When she had turned 16 years, her father felt she was old enough to learn the ability. It took many years of practice and determination, especailly with her trying to master wandless magic as well. At the age of 22, one day her father had test her and to his surprise, she was able to go inside his mind and read his thoughts. Her father always told her to use it well, and to not take advantage of the ability. She does not take advantage of it, but she does use it well...when it comes to her personal benefit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:06 am

All accepted except Parseltongue for Avettica. There are no more openings for Pareseltongue.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Okay can I ask and conform a couple of things for one how is flying the hardestt abilitiey when its the most common type of travel and you have to learn occulmens and nonverbal and non of them are easy so you should make people register for that to and another thing apparation is harder then flying cause apparation is the least type used.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Okay listen flying takes a lot of concentration in HP and it's not like some comic book where you just think 'i wanna fly' and youre off. Apperation is difficult yes but 5th years and up are allowed to learn to use it so it not a 'special ability'. And also, I've read all the books and I've never seen Dumbledore fly and he was considered one of the most powerful wizards. Occulemnsy is also just something simple to do yet like flying,takes concentration but not as much as flying.
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Thats beacause he used appration and way more people fly than they apparate and occulmency isnt really tought at hogwarts ya'll just put that
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:42 pm

I think your thinking of flying as in on a broom this flying is physicly forcing your body to move in a 3D area instead of walking which is 2D the mind power it would take would be incredible. Voldemort, Ne'Os and Sam are the only people able to do it Ne'Os has a better time since he also has telekinesis and sometimes that dosent work.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Avettica Black Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank you! Slytherin Banner
Avettica Black
Avettica Black

Number of posts : 27
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Haley Kantal Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:53 am

Aminia Lestrange wrote:My name isn't up there so do I have to redo everything on how she learned her powers? If so let me know.
These are the one's Aminia Lestrange had.

Nonverbal Magic
Occlumency
Apparation

I was looking at the abilities that are up there and it says Ami only has Leglimency and I had applied for the other three, Nonverbal Magic, Occlumency and Apparatrion before the site was changed and I was Approved, so did that change or was it just not put up there? This is for Aminia Lestrange's account.
Haley Kantal
Haley Kantal

Number of posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top