Quidditch by Moonlight ((Elijah)) - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Quidditch by Moonlight ((Elijah)) - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Quidditch by Moonlight ((Elijah))

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quidditch by Moonlight ((Elijah)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Quidditch by Moonlight ((Elijah))

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Ruby smiled and closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of the wind rushing through her hair. Flying was the only time she could truly forget all her worries, and enjoy being herself.

She heard Elijah's reply and opened her eyes suddenly. 'You are such a show-off, you know that?' She said it in a teasing tone, not really meaning it but still feeling slightly jealous of the fact that his father cared so much about him that he gave him so many amazing brooms.

Her eyes a few shades greener, Ruby smirked and let out a small laugh. 'You act so annoyed about Victor being your father, yet you don't mind all the fantastic brooms that come with it.' Smiling at Elijah's strange (in her opinion) behaviour, she closed her eyes again.

She heard the last bit he said and shook her head disbelievingly. 'I'm sorry, I'm not sure I heard right. Do you use your brooms to make fires?' She looked up at him, her face as shocked as she was feeling. How could he bring himself to burn such lovely brooms? Having had only three brooms in her lifetime, Ruby could not bring herself to imagine why anyone would want to do such a thing.

As they got faster, Ruby's hair got into her eyes. She huffed and attempted to blow it away from her face, failing miserably. Seeing that her blowing was getting nowhere, Ruby stopped and the next second her hair was a straight bob. Satisfied, she smiled and went back to watching as the world rushed by.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Number of posts : 171
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Quidditch by Moonlight ((Elijah)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Quidditch by Moonlight ((Elijah))

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:47 pm

"Show off, yes, I agree but Victor is complicated. I think the only time I actually saw him and took him in was when I was born and I can't even remember that. My mother couldn't stand the sight of me the first minute she set eyes on me and I feel the same way. I was brought up by women who were hired to look after me. Every year I got expensive gifts and letters of apologies on special occasions and the only gifts I really care about are the ones that actually mean something to me.

Take this broom for example, I helped a little woman called Kita make this broom. I let her keep it, only to find it shrunk in my stocking at Christmas. That only added fuel to the fire if, I am honest, and made me hate my parents more; so with the rest of the brooms he got me, this one was locked away in a trunk. All too soon the trunk gets full and, well, you need something to burn on the fifth of November as well as little model Guy Fawkes'."

Elijah pushed the broom on and urged it to go faster, he wanted to feel free.. he wanted to experience it. He was envious of tight-knit families like the Weasleys and Potters who, despite everything that went on in their lives, still had time to love each other. They still had time to stay for breakfast and eat with there family while all Elijah got was a shy little maid knocking on his door in the mornings with a tray of breakfast. He couldn't get one conversation out of her without receiving'Young Master Krum' on the end.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Ruby nodded thoughtfully. She hadn't realised he felt that strongly about his parents. Since he had told her so much about him, Ruby reckoned it would be only fair for her to tell him something back.

'I would never have imagined the great Victor Krum to be like that. That's so sad. But your mother sounds worse. Which is even sadder, in my opinion.'

She was quiet for a second before carrying on. 'My mother died when I was 9. She was the most important person in my life. My dad married Serena three months later.' She scowled at the mention of her step-mother and looked away. 'It was a ....... difficult period.' Ruby didn't offer any detail about exactly how difficult it was. She didn't like discussing her problems, and it was hard enough telling Elijah about her family. 'Unsurprisingly, Serena hated me. She was forever trying to get rid of me, and my dad didn't do anything to stop her or protect me. That's why I ended up here.'

Ruby blinked quickly in an attempt to blink away the tears welling up in her blue eyes. 'I don't hate him. It was my mum he loved. I was just one of the consequences that came with falling in love with her.' She closed her eyes for a second before opening them again and saying in a low voice that was laced with disgust 'And now Serena's pregnant.' Ruby stopped and then said bitterly 'Another girl, how lucky for them.'

As Elijah speeded up, she held onto him tighter as her hair blew into her face once again, stopping her from seeing anything. She didn't bother morphing it away this time, deciding instead to put it up in a ponytail. She scrunched up her face as she returned it to its original length, and let go of Elijah, carefully balancing as she tied up her hair with one of the hairbands she had on her wrist.

Ruby finished putting it up just as a strong gust of wind almost pushed her off the broom. She wobbled dangerously as she hastily hugged Elijah's waist again.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Elijah nodded minutely but shrugged all the same. "I doubt my parents have ever truly cared for me. I am a means to an end, an heir for the Krum fortune." Elijah said disdainfully. “When Victor finally dies, she will run off with a French nobleman and we’ll all live bitterly-ever-after.”

Elijah fell silent when Ruby mentioned her mother. She was all alone in the world it seemed and things were going to get a whole lot worse for her. Elijah directed the broom towards the hills and pushed it there, he had an idea and planned on seeing it through.

"I can't imagine what it must have been like to loose your mother hand just have her replaced just like that. I am sorry I cannot empathise but it seems to me that your father was filling a void. Does he at least talk to you?" Elijah asked. Physiologically, he could have still been grieving and in a desperate act he tried to create something he couldn't keep the first time around.

Elijah noticed the hatred that laced her words. Of course, a child was a blessing to a family but from the way she spoke of this Serena woman, it seemed as if the woman was vain and had a cruel way of treating those around them. Elijah knew he could be the same way - a trait he received from his mother but he strived to not be like her. He was terrified of becoming as bitter as the old woman.

“Perhaps you should try and build a bridge over this woman and try to fix a secure bond between yourself and your father.” Elijah suggested. “I know I am not one to talk but you know your father where as I know the image of mine and I am in no hurry to fix broken relationships. He still cares for you, Ruby, he has to. I couldn’t imagine why anyone would want to ignore someone as special as you!”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Ruby shook her head. 'He doesn't....... it's not......... forget I said anything, okay? It's complicated.' She sighed and buried her head in his shoulder. 'She doesn't even call me Ruby.' She said, although her voice was muffled and the wind made it hard to hear.

Ruby knew her father, and knew there was no point trying. After all, she wouldn't be in England if it was what only Serena wanted. Although she liked to boss her around, Serena couldn't make such a big decision without her father's approval. But he had moved here after her, which had to count for something.

Ruby sighed and looked up, sensing a change in direction. She narrowed her eyes when she saw where they were heading and said warningly 'Where are we going? My dad might not care about me but if you kidnap me he won't be happy. And I will personally make sure you end up in St. Mungos after I finish with you.'
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:03 pm

Despite the muffled voice in his shoulder, Elijah caught every word. He frowned and pushed the broom further. The conversation was quickly becoming quite depressing and he wanted Ruby to smile again. Maybe an hour or two of forgetting about dead-end families and they could just have fun.

"You wouldn't hurt lil' ol' me." Elijah cooed. "I'm too cute for that."

They were getting closer to the hillside now, it a perfect view of the lake and Elijah had never actually tried having a moonlit picnic before. He'd done plenty of other things like barbequed hot-dogs and such things but never a picnic.

Elijah directed the broom down so it was hovering just above the ground and he stepped off. Elijah turned and held his hand out for Ruby to take.

"M'lady," Elijah took out his wand and waved it out at the hillside. Instantly a picnic blanket appeared on the grassy mound and appeared in the middle. A few candles appeared and began to float happily above it. "Your dinner, supper and possibly even early morning breakfast awaits."
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:18 pm

Ruby snorted and muttered under her breath. 'Yeah, right.' She shook her head disbelievingly when she saw him lower the broom and hop off. Was he serious? They must be like miles away from school right now. Not that she actually cared, but.....

She took Elijah's hand all the same and stepped off, standing and looking around. The place seemed unfamiliar to her, but then again, when had she ever hung out at a hill? Parties were more her scene.

Ruby watched curiously as Elijah waved his wand and a picnic basket appeared, followed by some floating candles. She stared at the scene in front of her, unable to take in what was happening. He couldn't seriously expe-

'M'lady, Your dinner, supper, and possibly even early morning breakfast awaits.'

Ruby blanched at his words and stared numbly at the picnic basket. What could she do now? How was she going to get out of this? Her eyes turned grey as she began to desperately think up excuses.

'Elijah? What happened to playing quidditch? This seems more like a date to me.' She raised an eyebrow questioningly and put her hand on her hip. 'And plus I don't eat between meals. It's not healthy.' She said, feeling like a hypocrite for talking about health.
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Elijah chuckled and nodded thoughtfully. Date, right. He chuckled again and walked over to the basket. He pulled the lid open and a bludger flew out along with a snitch. Elijah reached inside and took out a beater's bat. The bludger was long gone but the bat was a procortion. Elijah grabbed a Quaffle out of the basket and took another broom which was another Bulgarian made one. He grinned and thew the broom in Ruby's direction.

"Date indeed. C'mon, do you honestly take me seriously? I am more likely to set my hair alight with the candles than do anything romantic. Besides, the food is in there.. it's a bottomless basket."

Elijah jumped onto his broom and hit the bludger away as it came back. He had a strong arm and could keep the bludger away no problem. He grinned and waved to her.
"C'mon!"
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique Weasley01 Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Ruby froze for a second before shaking her head and letting out a loud, relieved laugh. She grinned and looked at Elijah. 'Good one.'

She caught the broom he threw at her and mounted it, hoping it wasn't too fast. Just think, she thought to herself. This broom was bought by Victor Krum. And you're riding it! She shook her head again and kicked off.

Almost immediately, she rose into the air and dodged to the side as a bludger came flying in her direction. She smiled at Elijah and said 'Let the game begin!'
Dominique Weasley01
Dominique Weasley01

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Elijah glanced back in the basket and frowned. There was food in there... He felt a pull to the basket but looked up as a Bludger sped towards him. Elijah yelped and jumped off of his broom in a bid to miss it. Thankfully, the dumb object flew past and Elijah was free-falling towards the grassy mound. He yelled out in excitement and turned around in the air. He fired a spell at his broom and it sped after him.

Elijah landed his feet on the broom and pushed it forward with his foot. He couldn't remember what had happened to the Quaffle. I must have thrown it. The Bludger came round again and Elijah cursed loudly. He pressed the broom forward and he sped off towards the Quidditch Pitch.

Elijah spotted the Quaffle which was sitting innocently in the middle of the pitch. Elijah couldn't remember throwing it so he moved his feet so he dropped down onto the broom. From there, Eli threw the broom into a mad bout of speed. It was break neck and he knew that if he fell he would die - most probably.

Elijah scooped the Quaffle up and threw himself into the air. The broom hovered under him again and he landed on it before the broom sped off.

Elijah was in his element. He never actually knuckled down and played Quidditch, instead he preferred to mess around and do tricks which is probably why he could balance so well.

Elijah looked around for Ruby and spotted her easily. He called her name out and threw the Quaffle in her direction.

"I'll play Keeper!" he yelled.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top