Magical Abilities - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Magical Abilities - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Magical Abilities

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magical Abilities - Page 4 Empty Re: Magical Abilities

Post by Mariana Diggory Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 pm

Better write more since i think many people are going to start claiming it.
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow Ashers Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Name: Willow Ashers
Ability Desired: Speaking With Animals
How your character got this ability:

When Willow was younger, her mom spent half her life outside. Willow wondered what was so great about nature, but never asked.

One day, Willow's mom burst in through the door screaming and pointing outside. Her hands and wrists were bloody and my dad and I panicked. He yelled "WHAT? WHAT?" My mom screamed, "It's Phillos! He's gone mad! He said he's tired of all the berries I bring out everyday. He's formed an army of rabbid squirrels!" She was panting really hard I thought my mother had officially lost it...

Then one day, while talking to my owl, Happy, I heard a faint 'Yes, I know." My parents weren't around, so I got frightened. When my mom came back she said it was probably just the wind, but now I know she just wasn't telling me the truth...

The one day, Willow got a letter. It was from Mom explaining her hidden ability. She was so excited! She started going around and having normal conversations with all the animals she sees. She can tell them her secrets without worryin that they'll spill them! (Unless of course, that person has the same ability)
Willow Ashers
Willow Ashers

Number of posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:41 am

Okay I edited! I'm not sure whats needed though! Is there anyway if it's not good now, I can possibly get whats wanted to be written down or something????

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:12 am

Abilitys: Metamorphmagus, Speaking with animals

Metamorphmagus: At a young Age Ne'Os found he could change his appearance once one e was really young he changed it to look exactly like his father. His father found it so funny it took him many minutes to stop laughing. (and the RP part) Ne'Os walked through the halls he couldn't believe he had embarrassed himself so deeply he turned to look like a student he saw earlier he made it through the halls unnoticed as he entered a empty classroom he turned back to his normal appearance he sat down and tried to calm down.

Speaking with animals: As Ne'Os wandered the planet over many summers he found that Animals specific speech pattens and after months of practice he found he could mimic them enough to get animals to respond back properly. Ever since hes been able to somewhat fluently speak to animals. ( i can add more to this if you want)
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:19 am

This depends more on your character personality Matt. So yes, Willow and you can have the ability =D
Ne'os, dont push your luck
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:20 am

but i clearly dont have enough abilitys Very Happy but oh fine.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:24 am

You have flying
you have telekeniss
you have the elder wand
and your a moderator

What more do you want Rolling Eyes
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:25 am

um...... well.....fine you win. *puts and walks away*
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:12 pm

I feel your pain Neos! Darren won't let me have wandless Sad
but its fine Very Happy

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:24 am

I personally believe that Darren is a little too lenient with you guys and should really get stricter and take some abilities away from some people. If I was admin, that would be what I would do? Why? Because special abilities have become to common now, I liked how they used to control them in the beginning but this is far fetched. Over here, 1 in 3 people is a occlumens, 1 in 4 is a leglimens, 1 in 4 is a metamorphagi, 1 in 5 is a telekinisis, 1 in 6 is a parseltongue. I mean really, what happens if they write two paragraphs for an ability? Does that mean they should DEFINATELY get it? If i was to write

Desired Ability: Supreme command over the universe
How your character got this ability:
Paragraph 1: blah blah etc.
Paragraph 2: Blah blah etc.
paragraph 3: Blah blah etc.
Paragraph 4: blah blah etc.

would I get the ability? Yes because I wrote four paragraphs with random crap? I doubt you guys even READ the ability description, you just want to see that people are wasting some time and giving some effort for it, regardless of how stupid the description sounds. Its annoying. Now if I was too give abilities, I would see if it fits the characters magical potential and age, then check their personality, then see if they have other abilities and THEN i would give them the ability. Surely that sounds better? Also, I would limit the abilities far stricter. I would say you make all the abilities black for a while besides apparation because thats quite common and make occlumens red. Also, i would suggest you remove 3 or 4 abilities from every person then PM them for the reason why. I would aslo suggest you make a limit from now on. For example, only 1 in 5000 people are parseltongues, so enforce that. Only 1 in 1000 are seers. And 1 in 500 are leglimens. If you would like, I can provide a numbers for all of them with references from the books and lexicons as well as using some common sense in it to allow you to make better limits for each ability. See, the reason for special abilities seems to have been forgotten, they are SPECIAL, meaning unique, meaning impressive, meaning 1 in a 100, meaning uncommon, unreal, unusual. So if only 1 or 2 people in the whole site have this one great ability, surely they would use it more to impress others as well as feel quite good that they are the only ones in the entire site with this power?

Also, I would like to suggest adding create your own magical ability because I bet that would be quite interesting.

Thank you and I hope you listen to my great suggestions.
Kingsley Shacklebolt

Number of posts : 1463

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top