The Start of Term Feast - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Start of Term Feast - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Start of Term Feast

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Start of Term Feast - Page 5 Empty Re: The Start of Term Feast

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:33 pm

Varod Gilther wrote:"Well, I'll only see you in the halls and that," Varod replied. "We can meet whenever you like."
He was still playing with her hair.
"Wanna meet up tonight?" she asked looking at him smiling. "I'm probably not going to be able to sleep anyway. But even if I only see you in the halls and that we can still sneak out at lunch.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Nick Valentine said
"Ten thirty sound's just fine, Ill see you there. Is there anything in particular you\'d like to get up to?" Laughing he added "Dont worry I wont put you in detention for being out of bed at lights out, you will be safe with me."

"Well, there is always just walking around the castle and talking, or we could try to find a couple of secret passageways." Sierra felt the tiniest bit uncomfortable sneaking out a night, she had never been out that late before, or broken the rules, but hey, what harm could one little night outing do??

Last edited by Sierra Myst on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Nick smiled, though frowned a little as he could see signs of doubt in Sierra's features. If he hadn't known better he would have said she was worried about getting caught. It was cute, but really she didn't have to worry, he was a prefect after all, he could worm them out of trouble if they did get caught. Nick reached over and tooke her hand in his. "Dont worry about it, we wont get caught. If your a bit nervous we can leave it till the morning? I dont mind, as long as your happy." Valentine smiled, "And your idea sounds just fine, I know a few secret passages, or, we could head over to the room of requirement?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:17 pm

[[OOC: Are we going to wait till the actual hogwarts opens to do this????]]

"No, night is fine. I-I've just never done this before. And we can go to the room of requirement if you want to. As a matter of fact, I know a shortcut. There is a secret passage in the girls bathroom on the third floor. As you probably know, Moaning Murtle haunts the bathroom. But she won't tell on us. She is actually pretty nice." Well, that was what she heard from a fellow Ravenclaw student.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Nick popped some grapes into his mouth as he contemplated whether or not what he was doing was right. Sierra was young, innocent and untainted. Nick sort of felt like a bit of an anti-christ, leading once good and honourable pupils astray, but it was Sierra's choice. It wasn't as if Nick was forcing her to do as he said with a wand held to her back and it was nice to know that she was willing to take a risk. Hogwarts at night held many more secrets and possibilities than it did during the day. When being ushered through the corridors by herds of oncoming students one really missed the finer details of the castle. The silence which came with it was simply beautifull. It was so hard to think in Hogwarts at times, indeed Nick actually prefered the night times, he looked forward to them. A bit of piece and quite to read a book? Or dwell on ones thoughts.

Nick leaned forwards in his seat, leaning his chin in his hands as Sierra spoke of shortcuts through the girls bathroom. She seemed to be a little more enthused than she had previously been, those lines on her forehead which had previously indicated that she was worried about the idea had all but dissapeared. Despite this however Nick was a little wary of entering a girls bathroom. What if someone who actually needed the bathroom walked in on them, how good that would have looked. He smiled at the thought of being caught, what would he say? Not even a prefect badge could get you out of that one. Nick did not fancy being branded a pervert! He talked about his worries aloud, besides if they took shortcuts they would miss all the scenery to be seen on the way "I dont think it would be appropriate for me to use that shortcut Sierra, what if someone walked in on us? I would look pretty odd dont you think? Anyways if we take the long way we can spend a little longer in eachothers company?"

And what girl would not want more alone time with Nick Valentine? Relaxing back in his chair his eyes once again scanned Sierra's appearence. She would look good on his arm, and having female friends was always an advantage at school. Was Nick really ready to make commitments to specific girls though? He wasn't sure, he liked the freedom of doing whatever he wanted. Plus, having someone who was as close as a girlfriend meant that she would have to know things about him. Personal thing's, not really his cup of tea. Still tonight would be good, he was sure of it.

What to do until then though? Well there was the sorting to laugh at, his had been over quickly, just as he expected and indeed what he had wanted. Sorting hat stories were always funny, he decided to enquire into Sierra's "Looking forward to the sorting? Tell me, what was your sorting like? Can you remember?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:02 pm

[[OOC: Wow. Looooong posts my friend.]]

Sierra thought back 5 years ago when she first came into The Great Hall."Well, The sorting hat knew almost immiediatly that I was a Ravenclaw, but did not say it until he had examined me fully. Usually, if the sorting hat knows what you are immiediatly, he says it right then and there. But, he didn't. Wierd right?'' She had tried to get the sorting hat to explain itself when she was in the third year, but she had been unsuccesful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Indeed usually the Sorting Hat did simply shout out the house it believed the student belonged to, if that persons traits were so in tune with that house. It had been so for Nick, the young eleven year old boy had propped himself up on the stool and before the hat had sat straight on his head it was a loud and resounding "Slytherin" He had of course expected it, his familly had been in Slytherin for generations, what with their pureblood heritage and their immersion in the dark arts. He remembered feeling a huge wave of pride hit him as he heard that he had made it into Slytherin house and he sauntered over to the Slytherin table to meet up with his new brothers and sisters with that trademark cheeky grin on his face. Nick's head turned around to look at the Slytherin table. There was so much for him over there, and he remembered a few of the students, now talking about sex and alcohol when they were first years, scared of spiders and nervous about what their lessons held for them.

His attention returned to her as she revealed that this had not been the case for her. She was told that she was definetely a Ravenclaw but still the hat faltered, odd indeed. There must have been something, deep inside Sierra that made that hat stop and think. Perhaps a little bit of daring hidden deep down which could have sealed her place in Gryfindor, or perhaps a little bit of cunning which would have seen her in Slytherin. Nick confirmed these beliefs, perhaps to give her some closure if she did not already know "The hat likely failed to shout out your house straight away because you had some qualities, perhaps hidden, dwelling deep within you that would contradict its decision. I wonder what that could have been? Hufflepuffs are renowned for their loyalty and kindness, Gryfindors for their bravery and Slytherings for their cunning and resourcefulness. Which of these qualities would you say you had, which made the sorting hat wonder?"

Nick would listen to her speak then tell her of his own sorting. It was a short affair but it was relevant, since they were talking about such sorting's. Leaning forward so Sierra could hear over the noise of the hall he spoke "The hat never spoke to me, it simply called out Slytherin as it hovered over my head. Obviously my personal skills and traits were so in sync with Salazar Slytherin's that it would be a crime if the hat had put me anywhere else. Personally I think there is no better house than Slytherin, I was very proud to hear I was a member back at my sorting." He smiled then relaxed back in his chair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 pm

"Well, I am a little brave, and I can be pretty sneaky. Both are traits for Gryffindor and Slytherin. And I would not bail on a friend, so I guess I'm loyal, which means Hufflepuff." Sierra could not think of any other qualities that she had that would put her in another house
"You're lucky. The hat knew exactly the house for you. Quick and easy, just like that.'' Sierra envied Nick. So easy to know where you belong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Wow he thought, so her Sorting had not been as simple as he had first been lead to believe. Traits from all the houses, that must have been a right pain for the Sorting Hat to "sort". Clearly though it believed that the traits associated with Ravenclaw were by far more prominent than those which would have attached her to another house. Come to think of it though, Nick had a number of qualities associated with Gryfindor? He was brave after all, but perhaps one needed more than just bravery to get into that house, and their were many forms of courage. Nick would have been dissapointed had he been placed anywhere other than Slytherin, Gryfindors were long associated with reckless half blood's and Hufflepuff was just full of the rest. Ravenclaw he was not so sure about, the geeks usually ended up in Ravenclaw but then again some of the best looking girls in school were Ravenclaws. This made sense after all Rowena Ravenclaw was supposed to have been a rare beauty in her time. Nick had the looks for Ravenclaw but the dedication to his studies was lacking in certain areas. Nick smiled as she envied him for his sorting, indeed it was usually those who were instantly sorted that made the house what it was.

It was then a thought popped into his head. Well not really a thought, more of a memory of what someone had told him, whether it was true or not he was not sure, smiling he spoke "I heard that although Slytherin and Gryfindor have a huge rivalry, Ravenclaw and Slytherin are supposed to get on well with eachother. Sort of like a horoscope thing, apparently the houses are compatible with eachother? Would you say that was true or not? Im afraid I can't remember where I heard it." Nick would listen to her reply intently his head tilted slightly and his left hand resting on his cheek.

To him Sierra was a perfect Ravenclaw, she was beautifull and as she had said earlier, she had had a history of good grades. He wondered what the Sorting Hat had thought as it sat atop her head. Smiling at her when she finished he decided to ask a rather personel question "So Sierra, do you have another half? Someone special? A boyfried perhaps? Just out of curiosity?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:04 pm

"Nope, I'm single. I've had offers, but the boys just weren't right. I'm half-veela, so it's a little hard." Sierra had rejected every boy, but not all of them took it easily. Some had even gotton a little violent. One had even hit her on her arm. But another had become her very best friend. "Here is a little advice. If a Hufflepuff girl asks you out, let them go gently". Sierra said this remembering the boy who had hit her. She shuddered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top