Going Out;; Closed;; Jasper Black - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Going Out;; Closed;; Jasper Black - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Going Out;; Closed;; Jasper Black

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going Out;; Closed;; Jasper Black - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Out;; Closed;; Jasper Black

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:04 pm

[[OOC: Sorry I took so long!!! Btw in the HP books people who didn't like each other usually referred to each other as their surnames so I'm going to call you Black from now on, not Jasper. If you don't like it...well you don't like Davina anyway XD. Ohhh and it's only just over 400 words, it's not too long!!]]

Davina's rage was slowly building up inside her. He was a stupid, arrogant Slytherin. Of coures he never read, she realised. He knew nothing about her except that she was clever and that she liked books. She never told anyone anything about herself, as she was scared about opening up to people. She found it hard to trust people, nobody apart from her family knew much about her, and even then only her parents knew a lot about her. She was a very secretive person, it was in her nature. She couldn't help it. She felt that people needed to prove that they were trustworthy before she trusted them, but nobody in her opinion had proved that they were trustworthy yet.

Davina smiled as Black said those three words. If you could call it a smile, that was. It was more like a satisfied smirk. Hah, she thought to herself. He admitted that she was right. She had known that she was right all along, but it was nice to hear Black saying it for himself. Her 'smile' quickly faded, however. She knew that Black was extremely mistaken. Books didn't take your life. They told you about so much, you could experience another person's life, you could find information, you could read a story, there were many things you could do with books. They helped you with your own life. She knew that Black would never understand this, though. Non-readers never understood the power of books, she would have almost felt sorry for Black if he wasn't so...she couldn't find words to describe him. It wasn't often that Davina was left speechless. That was how mad she was.

How dare Black judge her like that? She wasn't afraid to talk to people. She didn't want to talk to most people here. There was a massive difference. Clearly, Black was way too self-absorbed to realise this, she figured. "I'm not afraid of people here. The teachers are all great, it's just most people turn out like you and unlike some people I don't enjoy being mean to other people." she retorted back at Black, finding it hard not to yell at him. She couldn't believe his comment about her being scared that people would think she was weird or different. If she wasn't so angry she would have laughed at it. "And for your information I know I'm weird, I'm different and I'm proud of it. It's better than being someone like you." she replied angrily. She was really getting into the argument.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Going Out;; Closed;; Jasper Black - Page 2 Empty Re: Going Out;; Closed;; Jasper Black

Post by Jasper Black Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:56 pm

(OOC: Ok. Works for me. Didn't think of that before. lol. BTW, ouch. My head hurts. It's hard to come up with a response worth anything after reading this. I'm not that creative. lol. OMG its almost over 400 words. Can you believe it. lol.)

The fact that this girl that stood in front of him continue to cling, as if her life depended on it, to her books, proved that he was right. Even though she would never admit it. All Corrispur cared about was getting good grade. There was so much more to life than a stupid book. So many things she was missing out in, being cooped up in a damp library. Think of the things she could actually experience instead of just reading about them. She would never admit to the fact that she would love to do that. She was way to guarded. But this wasn't Jasper's problem. If nothing else had taught him anything. His own problem taught him never to take the next day for granted. Go out and live it to the max. Not holding anything back.

Jasper listened to Corrispur go on and on about how she didn't trust anyone except for the professors and what not. This entire idea made him laugh. The professors were a joke as well. "You know what they say about professors, right." He asked looking at her. He knew that she would never have heard this. It wasn't from a book anywhere. He was sure that someone wrote it down somewhere. But that wasn't the point. "The saying goes. Those who can do, do and those who can't do, teach. Think on that." Jasper said still looking at the girl in front of him.

Most of what she had said he let go in one ear and out the other. It was the same thing he has heard over and over. Corrispur really needed new material. But when she got to the part of him being mean and that everyone was like him. Well that struck a chord with Jasper. He took a step forward, almost within touching distance again. "Listen to me, girl, and you listen very carefully. You know nothing at all about me. You judge me because I am different than you. You think just because I do walk around with my head held high instead of shoved in a book, I'm a complete and total idiot. You know nothing." He spat at her. Looking her up and down. He knew his eyes were full of rage and at this point he could really care less. "You think your different. Ha. You are no different than any other Ravenclaw or Gryffindor for that matter. Why don't you grow a set and come out to play with the big boys in the real world. Lay them books down and let me show you how it really is."
Jasper Black
Jasper Black

Number of posts : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:22 am

[[OOC: 494 words XD.]]

Black was still going on about how awful books were. Davina wondered if it was because he could only concentrate on one thing at a time. A lot of boys were like that, women could usually multi-task though. He had no idea of what books could do for you. It was more than just learning and about lessons. It was about living things through other peoples eyes, reading stories and discovering things in other people's imagination. That was something you could only experience though a book, something which you couldn't 'live out' or however Black liked to put it.

"Well, that may be an offense to a Professor, but not to me. I don't teach, I learn." Davina told Black. She doubted he would understand what she meant, so she continued. "Learning is more than class, you know. You can learn things from books that you can't in real life. Take a story, you can't experience a fantasy in real life, can you? If you read a biography, you can't experience that, as it's already happened. You learn about things outside class in books." she finished explaining. She knew that he couldn't argue against that point. You couldn't experience the past or fantasy in real life, that was an established fact. You could only read about it. Which she doubted Black ever did.

Davina guessed that Black probably wouldn't take in much she said. He was to proud to let her change his mind, even if he knew she was right. Which she was. When Black accused her of judging him, she was shocked. He had done the exact same thing to her a minute ago. She wouldn't stand for that. No way in hell would she stand for that. "You filthy hypocrite." she said, her voice gradually rising. "You judge me all the time. You say I'm scared of everyone because I like to read, when I'm not. I just don't want to talk to people, I prefer reading. You say I'm only book-clever when you have no way of knowing what my capabilities are. You say I know nothing. You're no mind reader, you have no idea what I know." she fired up, instantly. She couldn't stand hypocrites. It was one of those things that she couldn't understand. "Oh, and you were the one who called me different a minute ago, make your mind up. Am I different, am I the same? You keep changing your mind, are you unsure? Are you making this up on the spot because you have no proper arguement to back you up?" she added. It was perfectly true, he was changing his mind. She had no idea why he was, so she was just throwing some ideas out. She knew it would probably make him madder, but she was in an argumentative mood now. If she walked away she would snap at someone else. Better to argue with someone who deserved it, like Black, she thought.

Last edited by Davina Corrispur on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Black Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:03 am

There she was. Comparing how life was so much better through the books. "You know what. You will never accept that you are not right. That there is a wonderful life outside. In the world. Where it does not revolve around a book. How you can have your own experience instead of reading about someone else's. The places you could actually go to, visit and see. Instead of the pictures and through other peoples experience. One day. One day you will realize this. I just hope for your sake that it isn't too late. I wonder what all you will miss before you realize it. Also how many people you push away because you were afraid to open. To let them see the real you. Not this facade you put up in place." Jasper looked at Corrispur. Slowly he took a step back. "This isn't you. This is only a wall you build to keep people out. Take a chance."

Then she did it. She called him the filthy hypocrite. Ha. "Now who are you to call me a hypocrite? You do the very same thing. You judge me without knowing me. You see this." Jasper motioned down his body. To try and emphasize his meaning. "All you see is another Slytherin. Yes. I will give you that I am arrogant. But news flash doll. You have to be to survive in there. But you don't care. You don't care about anything but yourself." He stopped for a moment watching her face. So many emotions were crossing it. None of which he knew. He knew nothing about her. "Your right I don't know. But that is not my fault. If the wall you have built around you were not so high and as thick as the vaults of Grinngotts. I might know or even just a little understand you."

Jasper stared at Corrispur. "You try to be different. But in trying so hard you are just like everyone else." He said in response of his statement. "Why dream about something? When you could have it." He asked. Not really sure if she understood they thought or not. Why did he let her get to him like this.
Jasper Black
Jasper Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:15 am

Davina sighed. She knew Black would never appreciate the true wonders of books. She realised that his problem was that he only heard what he wanted to hear, he never actually listened properly to what she said. This deeply annoyed Davina. "You aren't listening me at all. You only hear what you want to hear, you've twisted all of my words, as usual." she told Black, "I never said you can't live. I said books were a very important part of life, not that life revolved around them. I want to get good grades at school, why do you think? So I can write them in a book? I get grades so I can get a job, to get money, so that I can experience things. I would then write my experiences down in a book for other people to read. I have dreams, but I can't achieve them at sixteen. Books are a great way to find out about the world, unless you read you can't imagine the possibilites that books bring to the world." she explained. She doubted he would even listen to this either. He never listened to anything he said, he was too arrogant. He admitted it himself.

Davina couldn't believe it. Him, out of all people telling her to be more trusting. Was he joking? "Yeah, you're setting a great example. Why don't I open up to you so you can be even more horrible to me?" she snapped back at him. It was true that she didn't open up to many people. This was only because she hadn't found anyone who she wanted to open up to. She would, one day. Probably. Hopefully.

She couldn't believe he was going on about judging him. "Yes, I judged you. I never said I didn't. All I said was that you can't tell me off for judging you when you judge me in return. I never had a go at you for judging me, until you had a go at me for judging you." she repeated herself. Surely she had said this many times in the conversation. She wondered if she could ever get her message across to Black. She doubted it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Black Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:36 am

(Sorry its so short. Brain hurts. lol.)

Jasper looked at her. "Of course you can. There are things that you can only experience now. If you want it won't be the same. Nor will you be able to. When you wait till your older you will be more reserved and won't go out and try as much. But I don't expect you to understand that." He looked at Corrispor. "Did you ever think I am only nasty or rude to you because I don't know you well enough not to be? I do judge you. By the way you act. I put you in the same category that I do the rest. And that allows me to pick on you. Take a chance and learn to trust."

He shut up then. Turned but didn't walk away. He turned back. He knew that she wasn't finished. She would still complain about something else. This he was sure of. So he waited.
Jasper Black
Jasper Black

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:44 am

[[OOC: Ok, I'll storm off now then xD. It's getting later here, too. 1.45am....xD.]]

Davina just looked at him. "What am I going to experience now? Really, think about it. I don't care about going out with millions of people or being most popular, that kind of stuff doesn't matter to me." she explained, doubting that Black would ever understand someone like her. For him, friends were his life, for her it was exactly the opposite. "Oh, and so what, you are mean to every single person in the school who you don't know very well?" she challenged him, doubting the answer. "If I find someone trustworthy, I will. I haven't found anyone yet though," she answered, stubbornly. There was no way in hell that she was going to give in to Black.
She was angry. Extremely angry. She stormed off across the room, towards the door which lead back to the rest of the Castle. She was going to go out, but she didn't care any more. Stupid Black boy, she blamed him. "Oh, and by the way, I do actually trust some people, just because they aren't in this castle, doesn't mean they don't exist." she yelled back across the Entrance Hall. She then continued out of the door, and slammed it behind her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Black Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:47 am

Jasper snorted as he watched her storm out. But it was just as well. He was tired of listening to her complain over and over. He was done talking about it. He had a very bad headache and she was the one who gave it to him.
Jasper Black
Jasper Black

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top