A Birth day - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 9 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 9 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:46 pm

"Robert pays exceptionally well, as we all know," Angus said. "Unless they're doing some illegal potions or something or buying stupid stuff, they should have plenty saved up. They have had a particularly easy life here. They haven't had to pay anything, and all their needs have been supplied for them. They are not likely to find living on their own to be as easy as they think, but maybe they need that lesson like we all did. I actually want them to check out the flea markets and the second hand shops and the estate auctions. I want them to ask Edward what he has tucked away that they might buy from him and press into service. And, so you know, there is furniture stored away in a warehouse. Things that Suzanne left behind at the house you grew up in. I didn't know if any of you would want it. I brought the papers here, but Suzanne didn't take much of the furniture at all. I guess I figured none of you would actually want it, but since it was in the house where you all grew up, I thought I'd save it until Sam and Victor got their first places at least in case they wanted to make some of it work. I rather doubt they'll want any of it, but they need to know they have it as an option. They could always paint it or resurface it or something. Or set it on fire if they want. I left a few pieces out. Those pieces didn't deserve to come to this estate. I took a hatchet to those pieces and burned them."

"Be honest," Marcus told him. "Tell her which pieces they were."

"They were from the basement. That's all you need to know," Angus told Ruby. "They aren't anything that meets your tastes or any of your brothers' tastes." Marcus did clarify, figuring Ruby would understand.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:53 pm

Ruby listened and nodded as Angus spoke mentioned taking a hatchet top some of the furniture he had recovered from their old home and where it had come from, Ruby nodded" I'd have done the same, thank you." she said nodding at Marcus mentioning it was nothing that would be their taste. " after what they did, you had every right to do that, but your right Robert might let them buy some things from the Wearhouse or even take it and pay it off as a percentage from their wages." she also suggested " but who can say and yes , its not going to happen over night." she added and smiled.

Aria smiled and sipped her coffee as Marcus spoke about the furniture she nodded knowing or having an idea of what he was talking about. Aria sat and took out her wordsearch and began crossing off words as she listened to Ruby and Angus talking.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:14 am

"And it really is okay for them to have to struggle a little," Angus said. "I think its fine for them to have basics--the basics they understand and know how to use. And, hopefully as they continue to learn, they'll grow in the things they really want in their own homes. For example, I think they don't need a kitchen as well equipped as ours. A skillet, a pot, maybe a kettle. I don't know they need much else because they don't bloody cook. they don't need to start their lives owning all the things you and I have worked our whole lives thus far to be able to afford. They can start like everyone else. A dose of humility would be good for them. Not a life of squalor, of course. but humility? Wouldn't hurt them a bit. I haven't said this to the boys, but if I'm close on how much I think they have, my thought is to perhaps help them with half the cost of the essential pieces I think they need to have. They can buy the luxury things, but I'm not necessarily going to tell them that from the outset. Let's see how they do at shopping and if they know how to be practical. If they're wise, then yes. I'll help them. If they're persistently stupid, then probably not as much."

Andrew came downstairs quietly. He went to the kitchen and poured himself a cup of tea.

"Elwood seemed troubled tonight," Andrew sighed, sitting down.

"What about?"

"Anise. Anise reminds him of Charlotte--whoever Charlotte was. He said Pearl killed Charlotte and Gideon, and he says he's never been able to rid himself of the guilt. Who is Charlotte and why does he feel guilty if he didn't do it?"

"Charlotte was their daughter. Would have been Suzanne's mother. Gideon was Charlotte's husband--Suzanne's father. Pearl supposedly robbed her victims of their magical energies in order to try to prolong Elwood's life. I would never have wanted Ruby, for example, to kill any of our kids to prolong my life....."

"She murdered her own daughter?" Andrew frowned deeply.

"Yes," Angus said. "She was obsessed with trying to keep Elwood alive."

"God, what a horrible woman," Andrew sighed, overwhelmed.

"Yes. yes, she was," Angus replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:24 am

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded " oh I agree" she said smiling to him. She saw Andrew walk down and pore himself a cup of tea . It was now he asked who Charlotte was and Angus started to explain she nodded in agreement when he said she was not a nice woman. " nope she was the black sheep of the family I'd say, but well we have many, but she was the worst" Ruby looked at her book and continued to read.

Aria chuckled and nodded " oh defiantly not a nice woman" she said as she looked at Andrew. " I'm glad Elwood's settling in, I wonder if there's any new on the shop rebuild for Jonathan and the rest of the family ." she asked looking to Marcus as she wondered how it was going. " maybe I'll pop down to diagon ally and check it out" she said with a smile
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:35 am

"Diagon Alley?" Marcus and Angus both looked at her.

"I wouldn't go there looking for Honeydukes," Angus said.

"Honeydukes is miles and miles from London. It's in Hogsmeade--in Scotland, right outside the school gates, right across the roast from Michael's place there," Marcus smiled. "You haven't been in Hogsmeade much, have you?"

"You're welcome to go check it but do take Ruby with you. She can try to make sure you don't go to London by way of Jamaica or something," Marcus teased her a little

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:43 am

Ruby looked at Aria and shook her head.Hearing Marcus she chuckled again " oh I sure will" she said and Ruby chuckled too.

"your right its in Hogsmeade" she corrected herself " and yeah not been since I left school" she looked at Aria and laughed " might need a map to make sure I get there" Aria shook her head.

"hey no maps needed built in GPS remember" she said and Ruby laughed as did Aria. " don't worry I'll make sure she gets there." she added as she sipped her coffee " but in the morning not right now, might stop at the magic neep and pick up some plant seeds fr the front of the cottage" she added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:00 am

"Take your time," Marcus told them. "Get whatever you like. I'm sure you'll make some fine choices, and at this late stage in the growing season, you might well get some good deals. You might want to particularly put an emphasis on perennials so they come up year after year, but if that isn't what you like, then get whatever you like. Angus, do any of the plants in the garden need replacing after todays storm and that limb that went through Simone's French doors?"

"I don't know, but I'll go look early in the morning before they go to Hogsmeade so that if we need anything replaced, they can get us some replacement plants when they go," Angus said. "Minos can do some remarkable things with plants, so I'll check with him to see if he has any specific requests too. Oh, and our peaches are in massive abundance here this year, so I am going to take some of them and make sure I make some spiced peaches and do some home canning. I might make some peach jam and some peach butter too. We can use those things all winter long."

"Do tell me you'll make a peach cobbler or a peach crumb pie," Marcus said.

"If you like," Angus said. "As long as they're in season, we should enjoy them, especially when we have so many. is that your favorite?"

"Well, I like it all, but my favorite peach dish is a peach streusel coffee cake that my gran made," Marcus said. "We had coffee cake and coffee for breakfast. We didn't need anything else."

"Well, maybe I can come up with one," Angus smiled. "I'll see what I can do. Any other favorites?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:16 am

Aria chuckle and nodded " I was also thinking evergreens too, I'll check out the door and area in the morning when its light if anything need to be replanted or replaced" she said smiling " but I do agree with your suggestions , I'd love to have them come back every year" she finished her coffee and set the empty mug down on the table.

Ruby listened and smiled knowing the flowers around the fae would be okay Hearing talk of peaches she smiled " what about a peach sorbet?" she asked and looked at Angus " of poached peach in .maybe whisky or white wine?" she rattled off suggestions that came to her mind.

" oh that sorbet sounds nice" Aria said thinking of sitting on the porch in the summer eating it as she watched the water and sun on the lake.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:12 pm

"Evergreens?" Marcus asked. "You're not talking about just flowers and plants, then. You're talking about adding more landscaping. Where do we need more landscaping? The decorators were supposed to cover that. If they missed something, we'll get them back to finish the job."

"Sorbet is easy enough," Angus said, making a short list.

"What?" Marcus looked at him. "Evergreen sorbet?"

"No," Angus laughed. "Two different concurrent conversations. Aria's on the evergreens. I was onto the peaches still."

"I see. I'm going to start the security check. Since the Fae are inside already, perhaps you lot could let us go early for one night," Marcus said.

"By all means," Angus said. "Things are pretty quiet temporarily, so why shouldn't you have the evening off? Make your check, and then both of you can head home and enjoy the evening with your kids."

"I appreciate that," Marcus said

"Any time," Angus said. Marcus got up, let Finn out, and then headed to Edward's to start the security check.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:21 pm

aria chuckled and nodded " yeah they did but if any have been blown down or away we might have to replace them" she said simply and chuckled again " and landscapers can only go so far, we need medicinal herbs too, I know Robert has a garden too but I'd like my own" she said then chuckled as Marcus soke of evergreen sorbet.

Ruby chuckled and nodded to Angus as he said peach sorbet was a good idea and she nodded then heard Marcus say he was going to do his security check then they would head back home. " yes, thank you." Ruby said and chuckled looking at Aria "Evergreen sorbet?" she said " sounds horrible" Ruby pulled a face as did Aria.

"I'll try and make myself clearer when I talk so there are no more crossed wires or conversations" Aria said with a smirk.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top