A Birth day - Page 68
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 68 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 68 of 84 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 76 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 68 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:10 pm

"No, I don't mind. I appreciated a few more minutes," Marcus told Aria. "I don't get to do that very often. I haven't mentioned the cinnamon rolls before? Sorry. I guess I just presumed you knew. Oh well. You know now. He doesn't make them as often as he used to. They were in daily demand when he worked at the main house. This house seems to like variety, I guess."

Angus took a big basket full of warm cinnamon rolls over and he found some of the others just coming in to sit down to breakfast.

"Do you mind if I set these out?" Angus asked Zoe.

"You want me to do it?" she asked. "What is it?" She came over and opened the basket and saw the cinnamon rolls. "Now those are truly things of beauty. We've tried to make them, but we haven't learned the trick of having them turn out this size and having them cook evenly."

"It is a tad tricky," Angus admitted. He took them into the dining room and set out a big platter of them on the sideboard.

"Well, thank goodness. I've been craving those since about June," Robert said.

"June?" Angus frowned. "This is October. You could have asked me to make some before this."

"I suppose I could have," Robert said, coming over and putting one of the rolls on a plate and taking it to the table. He cut it into wedges to share with some of the others when they arrived. "Thank you, Angus. Oh, that reminds me. Kate wants to speak with you sometime this morning if you have time."

"Certainly," Angus said. "I might take Anise into Ollivanders but I should be home otherwise."

"Ollivanders?"

"I thought perhaps she'd like to save that wand as a souvenir, so I hoped Ollivander might find a replacement for her."

"Oh. Good idea," Robert nodded.

"I'll come back to find Kate sometime after breakfast," Angus replied. "Enjoy your breakfast."

"Thanks, Angus," Robert replied as Angus headed for home.

"I think the cinnamon rolls are a hit over there. You'd have thought I brought them in a big cauldron of gold," Angus laughed. "Robert said he's been craving them since June. he should have just asked for them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23814
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:21 pm

Aria chuckled and nodded as Marcus spoke of the extra minuets she and given him were a benefit" your welcome" she said and smiled as she watched Angus head down and across to the main house. Ruby looked at Marcus as she sipped her coffee.

"I think something has him spooked but he won't talk about it yet" she said to him as she watched the main house. " he was a wake before me this morning yet looks to me like he barely slept, hope Kate picked up on what ever it was" she said softly as she finished her food and heard the babies from upstairs , Aria and her moved to bring the girls down from the nursery and place them down so they could eat some rolls and fruit salad.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5344

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:53 pm

"I'll try to talk to him," Marcus said. "He's been having nightmares again, and I think it has him a little rattled that perhaps whatever he's dreaming might come true."

"He doesn't have precognitive abilities, though," Anise said. "So I think that's unlikely. He is, though, pretty open, so I think that makes him more at risk for someone to screw with him."

"And they have certainly done that before," Marcus said.

When Angus came back and mentioned his cinnamon rolls were a hit at the main house too, Marcus laughed.

"Those things have always been a hit," Marcus said. "One thing is for sure. The people here certainly like to eat, and they love good food."

"Definitely," Angus said. "Hey, Anise, let's you and I go into London for a little this morning after breakfast."

"London? Why?" she asked.

"I think you should see if Ollivanders can outfit you with a new wand so you can keep that one that you won the tournament with. We can mount it and hang it on the wall if you like so that you can keep it as a remembrance of the tournament."

"Oh! I didn't think about that. That's a good idea," Anise said.

"My treat," Angus said.

"I appreciate it," she said.

"No problem," he replied.

"Victor and I are planning on going into London today too," Ginger said. "We thought we'd look for some new Halloween costumes for this years Halloween festival in Hogsmeade."

"Sam asked me to go to that with him," Anise said. "And I wouldn't mind, but I don't want him getting ideas that we're a couple again--not til he apologizes for his poor behavior last weekend. I told him he has to make a genuine apology and start behaving better before I'll discuss if there is going to be an 'us' again."

"He hasn't done that yet?" Marcus asked.

"No, because he didn't think I was serious about apologizing," she said. "He's an idjit sometimes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:00 pm

Aria and ruby nodded at Marcus words then smiled seeing Angus return and comment that the rolls were a hit " I'm not surprised , there so good" Aria said as she ate her second piece. Ruby heard him mention taking Anise to get a new wand as Jack walked in with a wand holder he had made to mount on the wall above the trophy.

"oh cinnamon rolls" he said and placed it down on the side board. Walking over he took a piece and ate it in one bite " yummy, still good" he said smiling to Angus. " Anise I made this for your wand , the one you sued at the tournament hope you like it, " he said and lifted it so she could see it. Turning to Angus he spoke again " I'll mount it in her room while your out." he chuckled as he grabbed another slice of Roll and headed down to the girls room to mount it on the wall.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:17 pm

"For me?" Anise asked. "That's beautiful! Thank you! I love it. There's a space downstairs right above my bed that would be perfect for it. Angus was just saying we should preserve that wand and get another one."

"You haven't seen the papers yet," Marcus said. "You're all over the Prophet and the Quibbler this morning, and I'm sure you're going to be all over the Paris papers too. You're going to be a celebrity today."

"Today, yes. And by Monday, they'll forget I exist," she laughed. "Or I hope they forget anyway. I have no desire to be famous."

"Ginger and I are going to London today to look for Halloween costumes," Victor told Jack. "Could Sam come with us? I mean, I presume he'll want to come to Hogsmeade with is for the Halloween festival this year. And, besides, I miss having him around. I've never been without him."

"Jack, I have more cinnamon rolls than we can eat. Why don't you take a whole to split with you and Jess and Sam?" Angus asked.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:27 pm

Jack chuckled at Anise and nodded as he heard her mention where she wanted it. " okay that's where I'll put it." he said then looked to Victor and heard him ask " all right, but he comes right back, you'll find him behind the barn mucking out the hippogriffs" he told Victor " go let him know hes off the hook for a few hours." Jack said then heard Angus and grinned to him " split with Jess na I'll probably eat the lot" he said and chuckled " but I will take one, after I have put this up." he said holding up the wand holder.

Ruby smiled as Jack said Sam could go with them to get their Halloween outfits from Diagon alley. " I'm sure they will bring him right back once they are done" she reassured Jack who nodded and disappeared down below to put up the wand holder for Anise.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:40 pm

"Get your jacket, Anise. It's chilly outside. It is not June anymore, that's for sure," Angus said. Anise got her denim jacket to wear over her cream colored cable sweater, and she tucked some money in her pocket. Angus grabbed his black duster coat. "Anything you want while we're going?" Angus asked Ruby. Marcus got up and put his own jacket on to go with them. Anise went over to stand with Angus and Marcus, ready to go.

Victor put on his hoodie and headed over to go see Sam and let him know he could go with Ginger and him to London to shop for Halloween costumes. Sam was elated to get to go do something with his brother. He washed up and put on clean sneakers and a clean jacket so that he didn't have hippogriff poo on his shoes. Victor was going to use the occasion to try to talk Sam into speaking up and making his apology so he could come back home. When he and Sam and Ginger were ready, they apparated to London.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:46 pm

Ruby smiled to Angus and shook her head " nope, nothing I can think of , but if you do, Just go and have some father daughter time with Anise." she said and chuckled seeing the teens head to fetch Sam from behind the barn. Jack quickly put up the wand holder and took the wand from the trophy and placed it in its place. Smiling he stepped back and then headed up to the main area.

"okay that's up, now wheres that roll" he said making Ruby chuckle and motion to the table where a tray sat with some still left, Jack picked up two and placed one in his mouth while carrying the second as he headed to the door and waved to them both.

Aria looked to Marcus " you going with him?" she asked knowing she would stay with Ruby while they were not their. It was now the babies told every one they were done and wanted down to play. Aria chuckled and walked over to lift Amari from the high chair placing her in the play pen while Ruby took Caprice to change and dress.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:09 pm

"Yep," Marcus said. "Definitely. I'm sure we won't be long, unless she decides to get her own costume while we're out."

Marcus and Angus and Anise went to London, and they went straight to Ollivanders. It didn't take long for Ollivander to find a new wand for Anise. It was beautiful, and it had a large clear quartz crystal in the handle. It seemed to align perfectly with her energies. There was a beautiful engraving of a flowering vine that scrolled around the handle and created the setting for the quartz crystal. Angus liked how feminine it was, but he also liked the power that this wand had. It seemed like it almost had been made for her. It was expensive, but Angus gladly paid it for her.

When they finished at Ollivanders, Angus stopped at the tobacconists for more cigarettes, and Marcus bought some too, running low on his own. He didn't smoke on a daily basis any more than Angus did, but he did smoke periodically. He had thrown out several packs of cigarettes at home simply because they had gone stale. He did want some fresh ones though.

Then they went to a farm market in a muggle section of London, and Angus found some great looking fresh chickens and some wonderful quality vegetables. He decided to roast some chickens with roasted vegetables and mash. He bought some fresh fruit to make some sort of dessert with. Satisfied, they finally headed back home.

Marcus, Angus and Anise all had grocery bags when they went in and they put them on the workbench in the kitchen.

"This is what happens when you let Dad go and browse through the farm market for 'just a few things,'" Anise said. "He buys everything in the place."

"Not true," Marcus teased. "He left a jar of chutney on the shelf."

"Oh good. He restrained himself," Anise replied.

"They had some incredible looking chickens, and then I needed vegetables to go with them, of course," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:23 pm

Ruby and Aria played with the babies while every one was out. They greeted Andrew when he arrived then took breakfast up to Elwood. Soon as they sat while the babies napped they saw Anise , Angus and Marcus return. Ruby stood up to walk over and admire Anises new wand " its beautiful" she said smiling as she looked at it as Anise held it .

Aria walked over and saw the chicken and laughed as they told them why Angus had bought them and the veg " well I guess not" she said then laughed again when the chutney. Aria shook her head and helped put the items away in the pantry and freezer.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 84 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 76 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top