A Birth day - Page 36
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 36 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 36 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:07 pm

"I'll do that. I'm sure I may have learned a trick or two that he might not know. I have been doing potions for double the time he has. I do have another 60 years on him," Elwood said. "Watch that little pawn over there. You're making him unnecessarily vulnerable, Lad. Don't ever leave a man behind unless you absolutely have no other choice."

"Now, that's a phrase I've heard our fearless leader say more than once--never leave a man behind."

"Every team member is vital, and each one has a critical mission. If you're going to ask someone to fall on his sword, it better damn well be for a solid purpose," Elwood said.

"Good combat rules to go by," Ana agreed.

The children did not speak English but they had been raised enough around English speaking people that they got the gist of it from her.

"Chico Marko?" Danica asked, looking at Stefan. Stefan was just as fascinated, looking around. He nodded, rather surprised that Marcus actually had a house now.

"Chicho Marko nikoga predy nay a imal kaszcza. Mnogo a stranger," Stefan said to Ruby, telling her that it was strange because, so far as they knew, Uncle Marcus had never had a home before, not knowing if she could understand him or not.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:15 pm

Jack looked at the board and moved his pawn one square forward and chuckled at Elwood's words " oh I have heard those many times" he said and smiled as Elwood continued " yep those too, but they are wise words" he said as he listened to Elwood continue to talk to Ana.

Ruby looked at both of them and smiled as Joseph returned and chuckled " they said they didn't know Marcus had a house" he explained and Ruby smiled to them.

"He and Aria wanted to have a place that his children could be close to them both as well as stability in their lives." she said as Joseph translated.

"toĭ i Ariya iskakha da imat myasto, kŭdeto detsata mu da sa blizo do tyakh, kakto i stabilnost v zhivota im." Joseph said smiling to them. As Ruby motioned to the living room where she had set out some cold drinks and sandwiches if they wanted some.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:27 pm

They thanked her and they each chose a cold drink, wandering around to look at the house.

Angus took Vasil and Deni to see Mileva, and when they saw Marcus, Vasil and Deni each gave Marcus a big hug, like dear friends who hadn't seen each other in years. Marcus took them to the window and showed them the duplex and encouraged them to take their time and then to come to the duplex to eat lunch. They nodded.

Angus and Marcus then took their leave and went back to the duplex, and Angus started straight away to set up the sideboard for lunch.

"I'm setting lunch out soon, Jack," Angus said. "You're welcome to fix a plate before Vasil and Deni get here if you're hungry. I know you have a busy schedule, so I know you might not have time to wait til Vasil and Deni finish in the main house and come over. Bulgarian stuffed cabbage rolls, Romanian potato salad, and a Bulgarian pastry for dessert."

Vasil knocked softly on the sickbay door, not wanting to disturb if this was perhaps not a good time, but he and Deni really did want to see Mileva. They were beside themselves. At that moment, Nigel came downstairs.

"Oh, you must be the girl's parents," Nigel said.

"I am Vasil," Vasil nodded, "and this is my wife, Deni. Mileva's mother. How is she?"

"I am just getting here myself, so, we shall find out together," Nigel said. "Let me go in and make sure they're ready for you to see her." He went inside to talk to Jess.

"Mileva's parents are outside. Are you ready for them to come in?" Nigel asked Jess. "They might be able to visit while I assess if that works for you and your staff."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:48 pm

Jack looked up and saw Angus enter then nodded as he moved his rook down two places " that would be great, and glad your back" he added " have to admit Elwood's been keeping me on my toes here" he added and chuckled as he stood up and went to grab some food while he waited for Elwood to take his turn.

Jess saw Nigel walk in and let her know Mileva's parents were there and she nodded as she motioned to the nurse to make everything tidy for them " that's fine, I've just stabilised her energies and set her burns healing, haven't had chance to check for any other injuries" she said to him " and they are more than welcome to come in" she said smiling at him as she once more wrote down her findings on the clip board in her hand.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:31 pm

"Elwood plays to win," Angus laughed.

"Not always," Elwood said, moving a bishop. "I'm not nearly as competitive with players who are beginners. It isn't fun for either of us if I skunk someone in a move or two. I value the companionship far more than victory or loss either one."

"Spoken like a gentleman," Angus replied.

Nigel went back to the door and looked at Vasil and Deni.

"We're still actively assessing and treating because she just got here but you can certainly come in," Nigel said. "I'm Nigel Sigworth. I'm one of the healers."

"Pleased to meet you. Mr. Sigworth," Vasil said, and they followed Nigel inside. They both seemed to be surprised to find such an efficient sickbay in someone's home. They went over to Mileva, and Marcus stepped out so they could visit with her in peace. Mileva was very tearful and clingy with her parents when she saw them. Part of it was just physical pain, and part of it was deep relief that they were there. Both Deni and Vasil were quick to try to soothe her.

Nigel cast a pain relief spell and a slight sedative on Mileva to calm her. Deni hadn't seen Nigel cast the spells because he had done it far smoother than she had ever seen a healer do. Vasil had just seen Nigel cast his spells just purely by chance. He laid his hand on Deni's as a very subtle signal for calm. They spoke with her very softly in their native Bulgarian. Then Vasil looked up.

"She is hungry and thirsty," Vasil told them. She missed lunch and supper yesterday, and, obviously breakfast this morning. Marcus's friend has been kind enough to make us a Bulgarian lunch. Would it be permissible for us to bring some for her, please?"

"Healthy food is a very important part of healing, especially for the mending of skin and tissue," Nigel said. "And besides, her injuries are quite painful as they are. She does not need additional pain and discomfort from hunger and thirst. I want to continue to assess and treat her wounds, so if she will accept our help to eat, letting us feed her, then I have no objections. Jess's nurses are very capable of helping with such a task. This is going to take us a little, so why don't you go get some lunch as well, and we will notify you at Angus's when she's ready for visitors. Apparently we have several here who speak the language, so we can keep someone within hearing distance."

"She will be calm if we leave someone who can speak Bulgarian," Deni nodded.

"I will go speak with Marcus about the food," Vasil said. He kissed Mileva's forehead and promised to come back, and then he stepped out to find Marcus.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:41 pm

Jess watched as Nigel and Mileva's parents enter the room while she motioned to the nurse to fetch some water for her to drink. Once inside Jess moved to a corner monitoring Mileva as she let the parents have some time with her. Hearing that she was thirsty Jess spoke up " my nurse is fetching some" she said just as the nurse entered and placed down some cold water beside her bed. Jess moved and pored a glass then gently handed it to hr still cupping her hand so she could take a sip.

Jack laughed and nodded at Elwood's words " thank you" he said watching Elwood move his bishop, Jack picked up his knight and moved it into a position that would allow him to take the bishop if not moved but he also knew it could be a ploy so he looked at the board in front of him and took the chance.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:02 pm

Deni explained to Mileva that the nurse was bringing water for her. and Marcus's friend had made some food already. She explained that they were going to try to get a meal for her. She explained to her that the healers needed some time with her to tend her burns, and Deni said she was going to wait right outside the door.

Marcus walked Vasil over to the duplex for some food, talking about the estate to help him orient to where things were. When they got to the duplex, Marcus brought Vasil inside.

"You're just in time. I'm just putting lunch on the sideboard, if you're hungry," Angus told them, setting the pot of cabbage rolls on the sideboard, The potato salad and the Bulgarian pastries were already there, along with pitchers of lemonade and iced tea.

"It smells like home," Vasil smiled. "What a kind gesture. Thank you."

"Mileva is hungry, and Nigel says she can have a meal. Can we take one over to her?" Marcus asked.

"Absolutely," Angus said. "You two fix your plates and tuck in, and I'll fix a plate for Mileva." Angus fixed a plate for her by putting the cabbage rolls and the warm potato salad in one bowl and the pastry in another, and he filled a travel mug with ice and then added lemonade."

"My gran always learned from a healer when she was a girl that cold lemonade is a good remedy for nausea, and I know enough about burns and wounds to know that sometimes they can cause quite a lot of nausea. So, if that's happening for her, this should help. It definitely is more effective than water."

"Lemonade? I've never heard of using lemonade, but I do know that water is terrible for someone who is nauseated," Vasil said. "I will remember that." Vasil walked over to Elwood and Jack. "Vasil Nikolov at your service. Marcus is a family friend."

"Minister Nikolov," Elwood said, "It is an honor and a pleasure. I am Elwood Sanders. I am the great grandfather of Angus's wife Ruby, and great great grandfather to their children."

"It is a pleasure to meet you.

"My opponent here is Jack Black Heart. He lives and works on the estate and is the foreman of all outdoor operations on all of Robert Lupin's properties," Elwood said.

"It looks like that is surely an enormous job just for this property alone. I haven't seen much yet but what I have seen is stunning," Vasil said. "It is a pleasure Mr. Black Heart."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:14 pm

Jess watched as Mileva was told she would have some food and she nodded to her. " we have lemonade on stand by" Jess said softly " But I believe Nigel has already given her some anti nausea potion. Jack heard the door go and turned seeing who had entered he stood up then when introduced he bowed " Minister" he said " its mostly about managing the men who do the work, I do personal patrols around the grounds with the men , we here are all like a large family I believe that's how Robert wants it to be, we trust each other like brothers" he said as he had stood back up and smiled " Angus meals are as far as I have had are the best" he motioned to the table where plates were set for them to eat.

Ruby smiled to Vasil as she moved to stand with Angus not quite sure what she should do having not been around a foreign minister before. Leaning close she whispers to Angus " what do I do?" she asked and looked at him" I don't want to say or do something wrong here" he knew it would probably make Angus laugh and tease her in a good way but she was okay with it. " um, please sit and eat you have had a log trip." she said pulling out a chair for Vasil to sit down on.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:30 pm

"Well, you actually have been around a minister, though," Angus said softly. "Robert is a minister, after all, so is Daniella. He seems pretty down to earth, so I think you should just relax and be yourself. Minister, I should have asked. Would you prefer some wine or something different with your lunch?"

"I would love a bottle of beer if you have it," Vasil said.

"Absolutely. Coming right up," Angus said. Angus set out a bottle of beer for Vasil, and Vasil lost no time in opening it and taking a drink before he tucked into his plate.

"You definitely are doing a fine job, Mr. Black Heart, because what I have seen is lovely," Vasil said. "My family and I are going to want to see it all."

"We can arrange that," Angus said. "We have horses, unicorns, thestrals and hippogriffs.

"No way," Vasil grinned like a schoolboy, and Angus realized in that moment that Vasil was a fellow adventure lover, a kindred spirit like so many of the first stringers.

Andrew came downstairs after changing Elwood's sheets, and he took the sheets to the laundry.

"Oh, that's Andrew," Marcus said. "He is Elwood's nurse. Andrew also specializes in physical therapy and rehabilitation."

"Elwood, your plate is ready," Angus said. "Can you two put a hold on your chess game?"

"Certainly. I've been smelling those cabbage rolls all morning," Elwood said.

"I'm smelling something else too, though," Vasil said.

"You are," Angus smiled. "Supper is cooking so it has plenty of time to slow cook for deeper flavor. I'm cooking moussaka, a shopska salad, and medovik cake."

"Really?" Vasil asked with raised eyebrows. "You honor my family and my country. Thank you."

"Ru, we need to get this meal over to sickbay. I can take it, unless you'd rather. You choose," Angus said quietly.

"I'm going to go bring Stefan and Danica for lunch," Marcus said, heading over to the cottage.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:38 pm

Jack heard the minister and chuckled " I would be honored to show you around the grounds, and Angus is right , along with kneazles, Bowtruckle and a couple of mooncalf's too" he added as he moved his bishop.

Ruby heard Angus and chuckle nodding " I suppose I have" she said and smiled as she heard him ask about the meal she held out her hands " I'll take it you have a guest, just let me know who its to go to." she said smiling as she placed a cover on it and looked to Vasil. " if you'll excuse me minister" she said and smiled to Angus a she headed over to the med bay with the food.

Entering she placed the covered plate down and looked to Jess " I bring some food" she said then simply left so not to over crowd
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top