A Birth day - Page 11
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 11 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 11 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:37 am

"I'm not keeping Robert out of anything," Angus said. "He's the one who told us about it. He presumes we'll want to go at some point. He said he contacted Irene to see if her team can get some information about where she might be heading. I'm sure he contacted us because Evelyn was hurt and because Suzanne's been so focused on me."

"Angus," Marcus said, thinking, "Elwood has said over and over that he's been in that room for 80 years. So if he was right and Pearl was focused on him. If she did all this out of her misdirected love for him, then if I were her, I wouldnt leave him any longer than I had to. if that's the case, then, would I not be using the bank that was closest to the castle?"

"Now that's a good thought indeed. We might need to talk to Michael," Angus grinned.

"I was hoping you weren't going to suggest we go break into a bank tonight," Marcus laughed. "Michael is a much better thought."

"Yeah, I am not the first string's designated bank robber," Angus said dryly. "Neither are you." He looked at Ruby and Aria. "I dont think its you two either. or Jack." Marcus opened the floo to Robert.

"Robert, you still about?" Marcus called. "We need a bank robber."

"Don't look at me. I'd be really bad at it, and, besides, Kate would be soo pissed. What do we need Michael for?"

"Follow the money," Marcus said.

"What money?" Robert asked. Marcus and Angus repeated the thought about the money trail.

"Well, we are sort of working on that," Robert said. "We know she had money in a series of muggle banks, but, computers being what they are, they're not for the average wizard. So, Lee has a team of squibs that are working on slashing into the systems..." Marcus started to laugh.

"Slashing? You mean hacking?" Marcus asked.

"Whatever. Anyway, when I get a lead, I'll let you know."

"You might want to speed up their 'slashing,'" Marcus said, not able to resist teasing Robert just a little.

"Very funny. I'll do my best," Robert said, closing the floo.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:53 am

Jack looked at Marcus and then to Angus as he spoke and chuckled shaking his head " me a cat burglar more like a demolitions man" he said and Ruby chuckled but stood listening to Angus and Marcus as they spoke to Robert " what about Michael take Joseph along with him, hes pretty good at picking locks and maybe he can learn a thing from Michael." he suggested his arms folded across his chest " don't worry I'll talk to the boy before he goes so that he knows Michael is in charge and not to do anything stupid that would put anything or one in harms way."

Ruby sat down as Aria walked over with a cup of sweet tea for her to calm her slightly worry " here camomile" she said and Ruby smiled to her in thanks. " they will be fine, you focus on looking after the girls " she told her and Ruby nodded.

"that's what I'll do" she said and looked at Angus chuckling as Robert got the word wrong for braking into a computer. She sat back when Robert signed off leaving them to ponder over what they should do now.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:11 am

"Michael won't go for it," Angus said, knowing Michael. "Look, Jack. I don't know the kid enough to like him or not like him, and neither does anyone else. We don't know if Michael needs to go at all, but if he does, he is not going to want to go with some kid he doesn't know. He doesn't know this kid at all or his skills. Doesn't even know what they are, let alone how good they are or aren't. And you should know how often Michael has stressed that he does those jobs alone. If he's going to ever take someone along, he isn't going to do it with an untried stranger.

"Besides," Angus said, "as I understand it, there isn't so much done on paper in muggle banks anymore. Its all electronic now. There is very little actual cash kept in most banks anymore. For all we know, it can all be done on the computers now. We don't know if there is any purpose now in him going to break in. If we were dealing with wizard banks, that would be another story completely."

"If Joseph wants to get to use those skills," Marcus said, "he needs to get to know Michael. Robert is only going to trust Michael with those tasks because he's the only one with the proven record. If Michael gets to know him and decides he can vouch for him, then Robert will be more comfortable with letting him be part of some missions. Jack, you know how the team works. It's a close, tight-knit team. It's obvious to me that he wants to be part of something. Maybe he does want to be part of the tea, thought I don't know how he even knows we have a team. But since he has the same name as our team's second banana, he'd better deal with that first, don't you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:20 am

Jack listened and sighed " that's exactly what I'm trying to do with him, get him involved, but mucking out the barn or patrols are only going so far, I caught him up on the tower roof last night with one of Kates cookies , not even sure how he got it from the main house, but yeah, he need to be involved some how" he said " and yes he has Michaels sure name and I know a dozen more men with that surname but not one whose willing to do the dirty work around here and not grumble about it. I'll think of some way to get him involved more even if its just running errands" Jack said " but for this your right , its important info your after and Michael should be the one to go after it."

Ruby looked at Angus then to Jack " maybe he could help with the idea of the shop?" she suggested " help with the boys and girls." she said trying to find some way to bring Joseph into the fold.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:52 am

"Well, hopefully, he'll be able to earn his spot like everyone else," Angus said. "Robert is pretty good about seeing potential in people, but we do have a lot of people who dont ever want to be a part of a team of fighters. And Robert doesn't push it. If Joseph wants to belong, he has to want it badly enough to talk to Robert about it and ask for a chance at it. Or something. At any rate, I think we should table it for tonight. We have Suzanne to worry about."

"Very true," Marcus said. "So, since we don't know if we have to go out or not tonight, How about you head home, Aria, and if we have to go out before morning, I'll wake you," Marcus suggested. "I'll stay here and try to get a little sleep on the sofa. If we don't have to go out tonight, you can take over for me in the morning until we do have a plan of some sort? And maybe we'll all have an idea about Joseph when we have clearer heads tomorrow."

"That sounds like a much better idea," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:58 am

Jack listened and nodded to Angus he agreed " true " he said simply and " I'll pass that advice to Joseph so if hes really wanting to become part of the team he can talk to Robert about it." he said " okay I got to head back, see you guys in the morning" he said and nodded to Aria and Ruby as he then headed out and over the yard to the main house.

Aria heard Marcus and nodded " if you do have to go out, come get me and I'll sit in " she said smiling to him. gently kissing him she nodded to Angus " see you ether later or in the morning" she said and headed out and over to the cottage where she made a mug of coffee for herself and took it up to their bed room.

Ruby waved and smiled to Aria zs he headed over to the cottage. Ruby watched as the back door was locked and she looked at Angus " I'll stay up till we know." she said " besides I don't think I could sleep knowing shes out there someplace."Ruby told both Marcus and Angus
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:38 pm

"I will," Marcus reassured Aria. Marcus watched Aria head home.

"Well, if there is any consolation," Angus sighed, "she isn't going to be able to come here, not without it making a hell of a lot of noise and trouble. Jack's been on top of the security systems now for quite awhile, and, consider this. The only way she got onto the grounds before was through James, and we don't even know if James is alive. So, I feel pretty secure in saying that, first of all, I don't think she's going to be able to come here at all. Second, even if she does, there's a more than average chance that we have more than enough firepower right here in this room to fry her arse. I'm not afraid in the last of doing it. So, I think you're safe to go to sleep tonight. Marcus and I are likely to be awake tonight. If it doesn't stay quiet, I'll be more than happy to wake you. I'll need to wake you anyway, but in the meantime, take care of you because the babies don't work the nightshift. They'll need you to be awake in order to take care of them tomorrow. I know we have a lot of help if we need it, but you know how attached they are, and should be, to you. It's just something to consider."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:50 pm

-Ruby sat and listened to Angus talk to Marcus and chuckled " I can deal with them come the morning" she said and nodded when Angus said that Jack was on the security she nodded." hes pretty tight with it" she said finishing her tea and walking to the kitchen and washing the cup. Walking back to the living room she sat down next to Angus.

After a moment she stood up and moved to kiss him goodnight. " I'll see you when you come up" she said heading up the stairs and yawning " oops sorry." she said and chuckled as she made her way up to their room and changed into her night clothes before laying down and falling into a light sleep while she waited for Angus to join her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:18 pm

"Suzanne isn't the threat," Angus told Marcus, yawning. "She can't cast a spell to save her life. That's not the issue. The issue is who she'll hire to do the spell work for her."

"I have the same concern," Marcus said.

"You boys awake?" Robert's voice came through the floo.

"Of course," Angus said.

"I managed to get some more information," Robert said. "Don't ask me how I got it because I can't and won't tell you. however, here's the thing. You know how Pearl would rob people of their magical energies to the point where it killed them. Well, there is a very distinct possibility that is precisely why Suzanne has very little magical ability. It's very possible that Pearl had some sort of encounter with her and swiped some of her magical energies, damaging her magical systems enough that she can only do the most rudimentary spells and even then without much accuracy. "

"Now that would make perfect sense," Marcus said.

"Except the fact that there's no reason to leave Suzanne alive."

"Oh I think there might be," Robert said. "I found Suzanne's real birth certificate. She's actually older than she wants anyone to know. She would have been in Hogwarts in some of the same years that I was. I don't remember her though, for some reason. She was no Gryffindor. That I can promise. She was, I believe I read, a Hufflepuff. But--some of my new information suggests that she did suffer an injury to her magical system, but the records were stolen from St. Mungos. And, according to the records, it was Gideon who brought her into St. Mungos. I think there is every reason to believe that Pearl attacked Suzanne to rob her system, and Gideon protected his child and then took her to St. Mungos. It may be that I don't remember her because she might have been in the hospital for a prolonged stay. Some of my new information suggests that Suzanne might have an axe to grind with Pearl or Pearl's estate."

"Which means Elwood," Angus said. "She's not going to get anywhere near him. That I promise you."

"Good. And I am actually now very glad he's there and not still in St. Mungo's. Stay alert, but I'd rather not have you zipping off to Switzerland to try to track her until I know if we can get a good idea about where she headed. In the meantime, keep your family safe. I might add some more security there tomorrow if I need to. I'll keep you posted. Is Minos there?"

"Yes."

"Then as long as he's up to date, you should be safe. Try to get some sleep, and if I need you before morning, I'll let you and Marcus know."

"Sounds fine," Angus said. "Marcus is here tonight."

"That's probably good tonight. I'll talk to you boys in the morning," Robert said, turning off the floo.

"What do you think?" Angus asked Marcus.

"I think it makes perfect sense," Marcus yawned. "I'll stay. I'll get some sleep on the couch, if that's alright."

"Of course it is," Angus said. "Don't be afraid to wake me if you need to."

"Okay. Goodnight," Marcus said, stretching out on the sofa. Angus went upstairs, turned out the light and got into bed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:27 pm

Ruby heard Angus climb into bed and smiled " so all sorted?" she asked " I heard Roberts voice but didn't eavesdrop on what he said to you guys" she told him. " but I'm guessing its to do with Suzzanne." she said sitting up a little to watch him. " but we'll cross that bridge if and when it happens." she added hugging him as she snuggled against him " I wish she would just leave us alone" she said softly.

Aria woke early and showered and dressed . Once ready she headed over to the Duplex and opened the door " Good morning" she said as Finn almost bowled her over to get out making her chuckle. " think hes got a date with that skunk again." she said chuckling as she headed to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 42 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top