A Birth day - Page 89
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 89 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 89 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:52 pm

Ruby woke and showered dress and headed down finding breakfast some hat done, she continued making food and setting it out for those early risers. Glancing out eh window she saw Robt and Angus talking and made sure there was plenty of coffee and tea for when they returned. It wasn't long before Aria came down and smiled seeing the food on the side baord.

"where's Angus?" she asked and Ruby motioned to where they were sat talking " ah okay" she pored a cup of coffee and sent to sit down.

"help your self to breakfast, i'm guessing there going to talk for a while" she said as she placed a pot of coffee n the counter , knowing Angus made it .

Jack finished in the barn and moved to the main house but he felt he should check on Joseph. Walking over to the grounds man tower he entered and knocked on Josephs door not getting a reply he knocked a second time but then the door opened and a disheveled Joseph looked at him.

"well you look like crap" he said and Joseph mooned and walked back to his bed after ushering him in .

"yeah feel like I was drop kicked across the world by a Graphorns" he said and lay down wrapping in a blanket that Jack could see was soaked with sweat. Taking it he threw it down in a wash pile " shower now, use cool water" he said as he and went and got a dry one while messaging Khaat to come and check Joseph out.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:05 pm

Marcus woke up, saw that Angus had already prepared scones, an egg casserole, coffee, tea, and a fruit salad. But Angus wasn't in sight. Since Pearl was gone, the imperative to watchdog him wasn't as strong this morning. They were back to only having to worry about Suzanne and Priscilla. Marcus got up, whistled for Finn, and when he went to let Finn out, he saw Angus out talking with Robert. Marcus put fresh food and water in Finn's bowls, brought in the papers and then went out to join Robert and Angus.

"Did I wake you?" Angus asked Marcus.

"No, I heard Ruby making breakfast."

"I already made breakfast. And coffee. And tea. Oh well, maybe she just wanted something else. I've stopped wondering why they follow behind me and re-do what I just did. Whatever," Angus sighed. "Finn can have the one I made, then."

"No, he can't. Have you lost your mind?" Marcus asked.

"No. He's just a tad out of sorts," Robert said. "His shoulder wound is a bit of a mess, and his stomach isn't good. I did cast a spell to put his stomach to rights, but I'll have to stop over after I shower and get dressed for work. I'll bring him a better nausea potion. He doesn't have to be in bed, and he wouldn't do it anyway, but I want him to keep it at a low roar today."

"Understood," Marcus said. He looked up and saw Brian heading towards the workers' cabins. "Looks like an early morning call out." Robert looked.

"It better not be someone from last night's outing that had a problem and didn't report it to me," Robert scowled. "I'll have their arse in a sling, whoever it is."

"You won't need to. Brian will likely do it for you," Angus said. "Brian knows the rules."

Brian went to Joseph's unit and knocked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:13 pm

Jack heard the knock and opened to Brain surprised but not at the same time " hey Brian" he said and stepped to one side so he could see a shivering Joseph on the bed " reaction to a poison, he said he was immune but I'm guessing not this type" he said and moved Josepha arm so he could see the severely red punctures on his lower arm. " he did repot it when it happened, and was given antidote but now hes like this." Jack said as Joseph curled up on the bed.

" feel shaky, head banging like a Graphorns dancing on it and nauseous." Joseph said softly " feels like when I was bit as a kid for the first time" he added.

Jack nodded " along with sweats that soaked a blanket already." he added pointing to the blanket on the floor close by and the window wide open.

Ruby smiled as Aria pored some coffee from the pot " Angus made the bulk of breakfast I just added some small items to it " she said and Aria smiled seeing Marcus walk down and let Finn out to do his thing and Brian headed to the grounds tower.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:36 pm

"Well, reporting it is fine--unless he only reported it to you," Brian said. "If he reported it to a healer, then they didn't follow through. In which case, I'll be taking it up with them." He looked at Joseph. "I'm Brian Quinn. In case you were wondering, this is my estate, and Robert is my father in law." He checked Joseph. "The good news is that you'll live. The bad news is that I'm seeing a couple of things. First, the venom in your system has magical properties to it, so it was some sort of enchanted snake. Second, nobody is immune to all snakes. Third, any time you're injured or ill on a mission, you're required to report it to a healer on the estate as soon as possible. Fourth, we can put you to rights again, with one exception. The snake's venom did some mucking about with your magical system, and I'm only seeing just a very faint trace of where your immunity was in your magical system. The venom in your system seems to have pretty much wiped out all your immunity to snake bite, so I wouldn't go tinkering with poisonous snakes any time soon. Fifth, you don't need anti-venom. You need medicine to try to repair the injury to your magical system. It's not a lifethreatening injury, but it's the reason you feel like the south end of a northbound horse."

Brian looked at Jack. "I'll have Robert take some of the potion he formulated for Angus and dilute it enough that it isn't overpowering for Joseph. I'm guessing if you give him a good 24-48 hours, he'll be back on the job after that. Robert's formula should take care of it quickly. After all, it completely rebuilt Angus's magical system."

"I want to bring Elwood home--to my house," Angus told Robert clearly.

"Does Ruby know you're considering it?"

"No, not yet, but it's the right thing to do," Angus said. "And Aria and Marcus's room is available. He has a right to live with decent family for whatever time he has."

"I'm not in favor of it," Robert said clearly.

"So noted, but it isn't your choice. I'm bringing him home."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 07, 2024 10:56 pm

Joseph looked at Bria and nodded " yes , s.sir" he said " I was on that mission with Jack and Angus and the others.." he paused groaning again Jack chuckled and looked to Brian. "send over the potions, I'll make sure he takes it and definitely, oh he did tell Robert when it happened, I was there, and this is the first day." Joseph looked over at them and groaned .

"now I know how Angus felt after he got his magic back and yeah, I don't so that any more" he said holding his head his hair disheveled and damp.

Ruby seeing Angus and Robert still in deep conversation pored a cup of juice for Angus and walked slowly over to them. Catching the tail end of the conversation with Angus saying he wanted to bring Elwood home she smiled " I agree" she said as she handed Angus some juice " Aria and Marcus are awake , sorry for interrupting but I have to agree with Angus on this, hes all I have, no, we have, as family on my side, plus he needs to know and see that his family isn't bad any more " she said smiling picking up Angus empty coffee cup
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:22 pm

Brian frowned slightly. Robert always told Brian when they finished a mission if someone had been injured on the mission, and he hadn't said a thing about Joseph.

"I'll get back with you shortly," Brian told Joseph. He turned and left to go talk to Robert about the potion

"You do realize he isn't the only family have, right?" Angus asked Ruby. "You have Jessie, Yu, Cris, Sam, Victor, Amari, and technically, Suzanne and Tom. Don't diminish the rest of your family's worth because they're not your parents or grandparents. I think we get your point, but Elwood is a dying man, so far as we know, unless he changes his mind and decides he wants to live. Be careful how attached you let yourself get. I feel for him, but he's not actually my family, not a blood relative anyway so i'm not attached in the same way you are."

"Even if you overrule me on this, and I'm sure you're going to try," Robert said, "Your house isn't ready for someone like Elwood who will need total care...."

"We'll do what we can, and we'll hire the rest," Angus said.

"And if he refuses to come?"

"He won't," Angus said.

"Let's wait and see, shall we? Let me see if I can get him stable first. He's in very poor condition and extremely fragile right now."

"Robert?" Brian called going over to him. "Joseph apparently was bit by a venomous snake last night during the mission and didn't get it treated. He and Jack say he told you."

"Huh?" Robert frowned. "He did? If they had told me, I would have thought I'd remember, but I don't. Oh well. He needs antivenom, then?"

"Actually, no. It felt to me like it was venom of an enchanted snake."

"Certainly possible, with what little we know about Pearl."

"He said he's immune to snake bites but this shows an injury to the magical system, far more than any toxicity. As if it wiped out the immunity to snakebites."

"Well, knowing Pearl's weird penchant for tinkering with the magical system, that doesn't surprise me."

"Can we try some of the potion you made for Angus, on a weaker formula?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Take 4 of Angus's full doses from the large bottle in my workshop and dilute it 4 to one. Label it one dose three times a day, and make sure someone checks on him at lunch and supper time today. If it's going to help, you'll know by then. He should have a dose this morning, at lunch and at supper. If there's no improvement, you actually should know by lunchtime. Let me know if it doesnt help."

"Ok," Brian went inside.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:39 pm

ruby listened to Angus and nodded " I see your point Angus, if he doesn't want to come then he should be aloud to be where he wants to be and is happiest, and the healers know best." she said and looked to Robert " I'll leave it to both of yours discretion" she said with a smile and gently kissed Angus on his cheek " oh I dished up breakfast when you're up to it" she said having heard them talk about him feeling nauseous.

Ruby then headed back to the duplex Angus empty cup in hand as she then placed it in the sink and began making some chicken broth for Joseph. Knowing how Angus was he too would not want anything heavy in his stomach.

Meanwhile Jack had sat with Joseph even some of the grounds men popped in and helped with taking his shifts for the next two days. It had been a few minuets since Brian had left them and a grounds man knocked on the door holding a Tupperware box with steaming soup in it and a small basket of fresh bread rolls

"Ruby , I mean Mrs Donohue sent this over for Joseph

" thank you Hall, and please thank Ruby for the soup, I'l make sure he eats it once hes had his potions.." he said setting it right next to the bed now feeling like he was Josephs father all over again, when he wasn't but it was his duty as his supervisor to make sure he was looked after.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:59 pm

Angus and Robert ended their conversation mostly because if they didn't, Robert was going to be late to work--again. Angus came in, and he and Marcus sat down and tucked into some breakfast. Angus didn't eat a full portion but he did eat about half.

"Ruby, I am going to go see Elwood and talk to him," Angus said. "I do not want him to think St. Oswald's is the only option he has."

"Wait. Did I not just hear Robert say he didn't want that for you or for Elwood either one today?" Marcus asked.

"Then I'll go tomorrow," Angus said. "He can't keep me out forever."

"Give it just a day or so for Elwood to perk up a bit, and you need a day of relaxation of not having much of anyone who is likely to strike out at you today," Marcus said.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're right," Angus said. "I do have one errand I need to do, though."

"It has to be done today?"

"The sooner the better," Angus said. Marcus sighed.

"Oh fine. Let me know when we're going," Marcus replied, knowing he wasn't going to be able to stop him altogether. It was then that the kids arrived for breakfast. The girls were dressed for their summer jobs, and Sam and Victor were, of course, dressed for work.

"You two feeling okay today?" Angus asked.

"Better than you look, I'm sure," Anise said.

"Very funny," Angus said dryly.

"Not meant to be funny. Its true. You look like you went a round with the devil."

"He did," Marcus said. "Robert wanted him home taking it easy today. So of course he has a list of things he thinks just absolutely have to be done today."

"Of course he does," Anise rolled her eyes.

"So this old dude," Sam said,"is he honestly related to us?"

"He honestly is," Angus said. "Unless he's lying about who he is."

"The 'old dude' is your great grandfather, Suzanne's grandfather," Marcus said.

"Can we meet him?"

"I'm planning on it," Angus said.

Brian finished making the potion, following Robert's directions to the letter. He labeled the bottle appropriately and packaged it up, and sent it with Archangel over to Joseph's.

The eagle flew over to Joseph's and finding a window open, he flew in, landed on Jack's shoulder and screeched loudly in Jack's ear.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:15 am

Ruby was glad Angus ate something . she had finished her food and heard him talk about Elwood and smiled " sounds good, but don't push yourself" she said and nodded as Marcus said why couldn't he do it tomorrow. "that's also a good plan." she said and chuckled softly. Haring Sam and Victor talking to Angus she nodded as Angus told them about Elwood .

Jack was sat quiet when Arch flew in threw the open window landed on his shoulder screeching in his hear. " yeah yeah I hear ya" he said and took the package from him. Opening it he read the instructions and pored out the correct dose walking over he sat Joseph up and gave him his first dose " yuck that tastes foul" Joseph said still taking the dose.

"fouler it tasted the better it does" Jack said then after a moment spooned the broth to him he had enchanted to stay hot for him. Now with Joseph fed and given his potion Jack placed the now half empty soup beside the bed and moved to the window " go home Arch , oh here." he took out a treat and gave it to Arch who with a second screech in his ear then flew off back to the main house. It was now Jess pushed open Josephs door and smiled.

"I'll take this shift, go do what you do" she said smiling as she gave Jack a kiss making him relax and smile again. She walked over to Joseph and placed her hand on his head " hum, Brian's was right his magic energies are very low.but I can feel it rising little by little."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:33 am

When Archangel came home, Robert sent him off with a bottle of nausea potion for Angus. The bird flew over to the kitchen window and banged on it loudly with its strong beak and then screeched loudly at the window, as if commanding it to open.

"Someone's irked that the window is shut," Angus laughed.

"Wonder what would happen if we didn't open it," Marcus laughed.

"Ruddy bird would go screech in Jacks' ear," Sam said. "I honestly think the bird enjoys doing that because he knows it irks Jack just a little."

"Probably. Archangel can be cantankerous like that," Angus said. Ginger got up and went to the window and opened it, stroking the bird and talking lovingly to it. She took the package and gave it a treat, and he gave her an affectionate little head bump.

"See, all it takes is a kind word," Ginger said. "He's an amazing bird. We need more eagles here."

"One is quite enough," Angus laughed. "He thinks he owns the place as it is."

"As well he should. He can eat all the other birds for breakfast if he has the mind," Ginger said. "Package for you, Dad," she delivered it to Angus.

"Thank you. Now, you four should get going. Do not be late for your first day back on the job, Girls," he told them. they all got up, and Victor took their dishes to the sink. Then they headed out the door.
"Did you notice how quiet this house is without the minions?" Angus said.

"Enjoy it for the one last moment or two that you have because I'm sure their mother will be fetching them soon," Marcus laughed.

"Probably," Angus said, opening the package. "Oh. Robert's potion. Nothing exciting." He set the bottle aside. "Give me ten minutes to freshen up, and then we can go." He got up and went upstairs.

"Anything you need while Angus and I are out, Ruby?" Marcus asked. "Wherever we're going? He'll tell me eventually. Or he won't, and we'll go anyway. So, I suppose it doesn't matter where we're going. If you need something, we'll just get it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 89 of 100 Previous  1 ... 46 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top