A Birth day - Page 46
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 46 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 46 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 46 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:51 pm

Jess heard Sam and chuckled " probably got mixed in by mistake "he said and watched Sam and victor enter and sit next to him " thanks guys for the help this is going to be some weird stuff , even I haven't known of" he heard Victor and laughed "yeah that's it exactly, they think somethings going on with our great gran" he said as he placed an old news paper down on the table that as already folded to the obituaries with a picture of a church at its top.

Ruby dished up supper and sent it out to every one including Poppy and the girls down below. " okay girls , all girls fed." she said then she sat and ate her own food . Now eating she pored some lemonade for herself and sent glasses to the others so the pitcher could float over to them and fill their glasses should they want some.

Jessie and the boys saw the plates float towards them and Jessie stopped what he was doing " okay food break" he said taking one of the plates and a glass of lemonade placing both on the table in front of him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:43 pm

Angus ate what he could of the chicken and potatoes but he finally got too tired and motioned for Marcus to just set the plate aside. He sipped on some lemonade, and Marcus gave him some extra pain medication, feeling that Angus was still hurting. Once he was comfortable, Angus slipped right back into a deep, exhausted sleep. Marcus just pulled the covers closer to Angus to let him sleep and cleared away all the dishes and cups except the ice water he had.

Andrew measured the remains of Angus's food from his plate to be able to measure how much he ate and he measured the lemonade  and the seers' tea to know how much he drank. 

"He's doing well, I think," Andrew told Ruby. "Between the chicken and the potatoes, he's had 8 1/2 ounces of food. That's over a full cup. That's excellent, given his injuries. As for fluid, he's had 6 ounces of seers' tea, and about four and a quarter ounces of lemonade. He's done really well. I don't think you have anything to worry about, in that regards. I really think that will pick up as he starts to get better. He's tired now, and I know he's comfortable, so I think we should let him sleep. He could sleep all night, and that's fine. I'm going to try to get him to maybe nibble a little and drink some fluids during these intervals when he wakes. The next few days are going to be the hardest until he gets past the worst of the injury and the stoving up that happens following a brawl like that, but, to his credit, he's used to that from his bar fights he's done. But, once he gets past that, I think he's going to feel better. If the dreams keep waking him up, I will talk to Robert to see if he wants him to have dreamless sleep potion just to make sure he gets quality rest, but I want to see how it goes. Now, do you have any questions for me? I talked with Edward, and he's giving me one of the guest rooms over there to use when I sleep, and I know Jess will be staying during the day, so I think he's going to get really good care, but if you need to wake me up for some reason, please do."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:55 pm

Ruby sat and watched as Angus ate his chicken and potatoes before drifting off to sleep. She watched as Marcus overed him and smiled to Marcus as he brought the plate and Andrew calculated how much he had eaten. Ruby marked it on the clip board when he calculated how much and that it was a good amount . " that's good to hear" she said smiling to him as she placed down the clip board.

"Yes he will " she said as Aria looked over to Radagast who stood up and walked o the back door .

"I should be going, I'll be back tomorrow if your boss and beau agree" he said stepping out he ported away with a flourish making Aria shake her head and breath out.as she sat back down.

"I an so glad hes gone , even if its for now" she said and looked at them " so Angus is eating well" she said changing the conversation " that's good, means his body will heal well too." she said taking her own plat to the kitchen.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:24 pm

"It does mean he'll heal faster. And besides that, he's pretty damned resilient," Andrew smiled. "He pushes past all sorts of things to make sure he's got all of you covered. He's not going to be satisfied lying in bed very long. He's going to push hard to be better for all of you. So now, while we're all here to support you and while Edward's got the babies, you go do something good for you. Go soak for a long, candlelit bubble bath until the water gets cold. That's something you never get to do. Take a glass of wine with you and just relax. He's fine."

Sam floated the supper dishes upstairs so he and Victor could get back to sorting through paperwork. He and Victor new that this was going to take several days, but he and Victor were willing to do it. Whatever it took. 

"Jessie, this is related to Angus, isn't it?" Sam asked. "What are we looking for, specifically? And how are all these old boxes of crap going to help anything? Is this related to the stuff that happened last night in New Orleans? And if it does, then it's urgent, and Victor and I need to take some time off and keep working at this. Explain all this to us. We're not little kids."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:29 pm

Ruby and Aria looked to Andrew and both then looked at each other " you know what your right" Aria said " I'll be in the en-suit bath" she said smiling as she closed her book and headed up to her room. Ruby chuckled and smiled to Andrew as she spoke " looking after Angus is my relaxation, knowing hes okay helps me focus, oh and baking" she said chuckling " I'll make some biscuits since the biscuit barrel is almost empty" she smiled at him. Seeing the plates float up she took them from the air and placed each into the washer.

Jessie looked up as he turned a page in a diary he'd found . He looked at Sam and sighed " I think he wants anything to do with Pearl our great grand mother, Robert sems to think she might have had a hand in our grandfathers supposed suicide and our grandmothers death." he said and closed the book placing it in a box beside him as he picked up a second folder to open and look threw.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:55 pm

"Hm," Victor said quietly. Sam knew what that grunt meant. It usually meant Victor had overheard something that made him disgusted about his parents."

"What?" Sam asked Victor.

"There's always been something fishy about that," Victor said.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked.

"So, we have never lived in London, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"And remember how Dad used to bitch because he didn't want to go holiday at that house because he didn't want to go that far?"

"Oh, yeah. Was that what he would shout about with her? 'I dont' want to go see that ruddy old cow's house because she lived too stinking far away and its too far to go'? Was that it?"

"Word for word. Yeah," Victor said. "Grandma Charlotte had a place on the island of Jersey. Remember? She's the one that planned on being buried on the isle of Jersey beside her husband? Well, that got really ugly because some moldy old paperwork came up and she ended up being buries in Highgrove Cemetery, in amongst the muggles. As I heard it, Grandad Gideon went clear up to the Wizengamot trying to resolve it, but I don't remember how he got turned down. Apparently the end of it though it that she's buried in somebody else grave in Highgrove."

"In a used grave? Ew," Sam scowled, revolted. 

"Yeah. I'm sure of it," Victor said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:01 pm

Jessie listened to the boys and sighed, when Victor said about an island he chuckled " wasn't the isle of cows was it, be right for her from what I know" he said moving his shoulders as they had become stiff. when it was mentioned she was buried in some one else's grave he looked at Victor.

"So we should look for things about a grave with a different name, you'#d think something like that would be blaringly obvious ." he said then looked around at the paper scattered around them " but so far nothing ." he then paused turning he knelt down and picked up the news paper he'd been studying earlier " here look this is turned to an obituary for a woman and there's a church, could this be it?" he asked showing the boys since they seemed to have caught a lot more than he.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:10 pm

"Maybe," Victor said. "All I remember about that grave itself is that she's supposedly in one of those little casket houses."

"A crypt?" Sam rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. That's it."

"Do you have any idea how many damned crypts are probably in Highgrove? There are probably billions of people buried in there?"

"Not billions. I looked it up one time. Something like fifty thousand or so. How tough could it be?"

"Really?" Sam scowled. 

"Well, maybe we need to check about the grave of this chickiepoo," Victor said. "Cant be that hard to find."

"That 'chickiepoo' as you call it is some bloke named Earl. Not a chickiepoo at all. And do you know how many people who are either named earl or have an Earl title? So what's your plan? Go break into every earl there to see if Great grandma charlotte is in there or not?"

"Got something better to do?"

"I am not going grave breaking and entering. Wait. Is there a crime for grave breaking and entering?"

"Probably. There's a law against everything else."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:18 pm

Jessie looked at the boys and face palmed at there totally not seeing his joke and continued to talk about what they were going to do. " yes its called gravedigging and its totally illegal" he said " but I do think we have something here with the church and the obituary for the guy named earl, possible that where she was buried, but" he paused and looked at Sam and Victor " we'll tell Robert go threw the legal channels , then once we have permits , then we go grave digging without the risk of being arrested" he said knowing it was not what they wanted to hear but he didn't want to end up in jail.

Jessie sat back down and sighed resting his head on his arms. " okay go sleep" he said to the boys " we can continue tomorrow" he added waving them up the stairs.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:46 pm

"Okay, fine. We'll be back," Sam said. They headed upstairs and Sam sent a note to Jack on behalf of himself and Victor and asked Jack for the next day or two off to help Jessie go through boxes of papers to, hopefully, help them with whatever the heck it was that Angus needed. So far, neither of them had ever missed any days off, so they didn't feel bad about asking for time off.

"Jessie kicked us out," Victor said, half teasing to Ruby. "We're going to shower." He and Sam headed up to shower. 

"Jessie seems either confused or fed up with us, so you know," Sam called back to Ruby, just as he and Victor reached their room to get pajamas to wear after their showers. That made Marcus laugh.

"They're at that awkward age," Andrew laughed.

"Yes. They're technically adults, and sometimes they can be so mature. And then sometimes they can still be such little boys. A part of me hopes they never lose that youthfulness," Marcus replied. "God, I wish I knew a spell to make good cappuchinos. I could use one right now."

"I've learned to manage it," Andrew said. "Zoe taught me over the winter. I could make you one."

"That would be amazing. Mocha?"

"Coming right up," Andrew said, heading for the kitchen. 'And then I'll go check on Poppy for you. She seems like a sweet kid. I could like her. When I was downstairs a bit earlier she was sketching what she was calling a royal portrait for Minos, and she was hoping that once the sketch was done she could use either chalks or some watercolors. She seems like she has some talent for as young as she is. Doesn't Jessie's kid draw too?"

"He does. Hopefully they'll get to know each other," Marcus said. "Cris is just 8 years old, but I don't think Poppy will be bothered by the age difference. In fact she'll probably enjoy being the older one for a change. She's usually the littlest one in anything she's involved in. Your cookies smell great, Ruby."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top