A Birth day - Page 88
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 88 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 88 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:47 pm

Joseph smiled seeing them all head to Angus and hug him. Joseph heard Angus and folded the note slipping it into his pocket and smiled " its what we do, your family is our family, and thanks but I'm good." he said then chuckled " no One left behind" he added and looked to Radagast chuckling as Angus spoke to him.

"be my pleasure, my friend" he said " maybe I'll bring some true crawdads with me" he said and motioned that he was leaving Marcus, take care of Aria and you all have a good night" he said and ported out. Aria looked at Marcus and shook her head.

"that's what hes like, he'll be back" she said poring a cup of tea and sending it to Even once she had added a small tot of fire whiskey for the man before doing the same to Marcus and Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:12 am

Tara made a platter of sandwiches and made some almond tea to help her family relax while Marcus got clothes for Evan's family and for Ginger. They all hit the shower, and Ginger went upstairs to wake Anise and Sam and Victor to tell them she was back safe and sound. There were shrieks of surprise and joy to have Ginger back. Then Sam, Victor, and Anise came downstairs and joined the rest of them for a sandwich.

"Want a sandwich?" Marcus asked Angus quietly. "Looks like there's plenty."

"No. No thanks," Angus said. "The poison is turning my stomach. Don't tell them, will you? They don't need to know, and Robert will be here soon enough."

"Understood," Marcus said. When Aria sent over the whiskey, Angus and Marcus were both glad to receive it.

"Thanks, Aria," Angus said quietly. "It's been a long day. I'm starting to feel tired now that everyone's safe." He yawned. 

"Give it a rest until Robert comes, then," Marcus said. It wasn't another minute before Angus slipped into sleep.  Marcus checked him just to make sure he was alright, and then he finished his own drink and went to make a check on the doors and windows. "Don't leave him unattended until Robert gets here, will you?" Marcus asked Aria quietly. "I'll feel better once Robert feels like he's got this toxin under control. I'll be straight back.

"You lot take your time," Edward told Evan and the rest. "We'll make sure your rooms are ready. Just make yourselves at home."

"Thanks, Edward. We appreciate it."

"This is your home for now until we rebuild yours," Edward said. "We'll get straight on it in the morning."

"We could use the poolhouse, I suppose," Evan said. 

"Not until we replace some of your clothes and such. We'll get it sorted, but for now, you'll all feel better with some sleep," Edward said. "Marcus, you're keeping an eye there, aren't you?"

"Of course," Marcus replied. "one of us, Aria or I, will be right with him until Robert clears it."

"Good. Let me know if you need me to take a turn."

"Not unless he's gone for a day or three," Marcus grinned. "I think we're good, but I appreciate the offer."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:27 am

Aria watched how every one was happier now that they were all back together and smiled she looked at Angus and saw a slight green tinge to his face and knew it had to do with the knife he'd been hit with. Hearing Marcus she moved and sat close to angus giving him a silent nod that she would not leave his side while Marcus was away.

Joseph stayed at the duplex taking a sandwich he began to eat " thank goodness food that doesn't look like its centuries past its eat by date" he said and bit into it " oh this is good , thank you" he said smiling as he then devoured the sandwich but felt the ache from his arm pulling up his sleeve he saw the two puncture marks and how red they had become.

" get that looked at " Jack said now holding his hand out " when Jess get back I'll get her to take a look, might need something stronger than what was given back in the castle" Joseph nodded quietly to him." oh and sleep in tomorrow" he added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:54 am

"Angus told him he should take the day or at least take a lie-in, but Joseph turned him down," Marcus said to Jack. "Come on, Finn. Last trip, Boy. Let's go." Finn looked up from his place, sleeping on Angus' feet and gave Marcus a growl, having no desire to get up. "Well, don't come whining to me in the middle of the night. I'm not getting up to let you out, you little turd." Finn growled again at Marcus, rolled over on his back with all four feet up in the air and went back to sleep.

"You want us to take him with us?" Evan asked.

"Nah. Leave the pest here. We'll deal with him, but thanks anyway." Marcus said. 

"I think I'll take my family, and we'll head to bed. I know they're exhausted," Evan said. "Come on, Ladies. Some rest would do us all good." Faith and Evie headed to Edwards, and Anise and Ginger now headed to their rooms, while Sam and Victor headed upstairs.

Marcus finished his check and he locked Angus's front door lastly

"We're secure for the night," he told Aria. "I'll take it from here if you like. I'm sure the sheets upstairs in our old room here are clean, or you could head home if you like. You could relieve me whenever you wake up. After all, I expect the minions will be back in the morning, and Ruby may very well need the help if she stays all night at St. Mungos with Elwood. In his condition, I expect he probably sleeps a good deal, or he will once he's comfortable. I'm hoping that when Angus wakes, he'll tell us what the hell happened between him and Pearl and tell us what he knows from Elwood. I'm sure there's a story there."

Robert finished the work on the potion, and he found out just exactly what Elwood told him. The powdered dragon's egg was a lot more potent than the squill bulb. He was particularly pleased. He bottled the potion, labeled it clearly, and then he locked the farmhouse again and apparated back to the estate. He flicked his fingers at the door, and it unlocked and opened easily for him.

"Why do I lock things if you can do that so easily?" Marcus teased.

"Well, I had to learn something after all these years of having Michael as my best mate, right?" Robert smiled. "How's he doing?"

"Seriously nauseated. Sleeping at the moment," Marcus said.

"Okay. I'll handle it. Thank you," Robert said. 

"Oh, and Radagast and Joseph found Evan and the others and brought them back safe and sound."

"Excellent. Well done," Robert said. "Were they alright?"

"Tired but yes. Fine," Marcus said.

"Wonderful," Robert said. "A good night's work by one and all."

He went over and checked Angus and cast a spell to ease the nausea before he woke him. He mixed the potion into what was left of Angus's almond tea and he reheated it for him. Then he woke Angus. 

"Here," Robert said. "It's not very palatable, so I put it in the last of your tea. Drink all of it. It should hlep you feel better. I'm going to keep an eye on your magical system for a few days to make sure it recovers as it should. She seemed to know far more than any lay person should know about magical systems."

"She should. Its how she kept Elwood alive," Angus yawned, drinking hte last of the tea.

"You can tell me in the morning. Right now, you need to head to bed and get some sleep. Marcus, will you be staying with him?"

"Certainly," Marcus said, "at least until Ruby gets back."

"If there are any changes at all, you let me know, but I think he should be fine," Robert said. "I think we all should get some sleep. It's been an exceptionally late night."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:04 am

Jack looked at Marcus as he spoke and then looked to Joseph who shrugged at him " I'm fine compared to Angus, bit of a headache and some dizziness I'm good" he said but paused as Robert entered threw the back door once every one had headed to bed.

Aria heard Marcus and smiled " I'll stay here in case you need me but I will head over and make breakfast for the family in the morning" she said and chuckled at hie Finn was acting. She watched Robert tend to Angus and Angus drink his warm tea again knowing the potion was in it.

It wasn't more than a few minuets when Ruby returned and walked over to Angus " how is he?" she asked and Aria chuckled.

"hes tired but fine now Roberts tended to him" Aria said to her calming her down. " now wash up and then come and sit with him. Ruby nodded and headed up to shower. Jack lead Joseph out of the duplex .

"we'll see you tomorrow" he said as Joseph stumbled his way towards the grounds mans tower. Jack shook his head and followed behind him making sure he could get to his room. Once at the door Joseph paused to catch his breath but was picked up by Jack now over Jacks shoulder he was carried to his room and paced on his bed." sleep." he said simply and closed the door leaving a now out cold Joseph sleeping on the bed.

Jack did the patrols and told the men to leave Joseph alone for the night but he would check on him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:17 am

"He needs a good night's sleep, Ruby," Robert said when Ruby came downstairs. "I've recreated the antidote that Elwood gave him, and I think it should do the trick. He's responding well so far, so that's a good sign. He might need some more antidote over the next couple of days, but I think he most likely has escaped serious harm. I expect the worst of it might rather feel like what muggles improperly call stomach flu. If it causes him very much distress, let me know, and I'll stop over and ease his symptoms for him. I don't want to give him a lot of potions because it could mask symptoms of any lingering poison. I dont think that's going to happen, but I want to be a little careful just in case. He has had quite a lot of activity dashing about the castle to defend himself from Pearl, so I think Angus has, like the rest of us, earned some sleep. I'll check on him sometime tomorrow. Any questions?"

"Robert, Angus did ask about the minions," Marcus said.

"The minions are undoubtedly being spoiled rotten," Robert said. "Take your time in getting them. Rest yourselves. you can get them sometimes tomorrow if you're ready to have them back." And I'll bring you word on Elwood when I have some. I'll get a chance to give him a good once over tomorrow."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:24 am

Ruby listened to Robert and relaxed looking at Angus " that's good thank you" she said then looked to Marcus and nodded " yes how are they" she said then heard him say they were being spoiled and chuckled. " I should relive Daria and put them to bed" she said looking at Angus as Robert spoke about taking their time in collecting the babies. " thank you I think we could use at least a nights rest." she said with a soft smile.

Joseph tossed and turned on his bed now feeling hot as he opened the window looking to the side of his bed he found cold water and drank some then pored some over his neck to cool himself before he lay back down again cursing as to why he let himself get like he was.

Jack walked past the window of Josephs room and looked up seeing it now open he continued walking his night patrol around the grounds passing men that were stationed around the grounds.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:39 am

"Oh, I'm sure that the adults would have sent Daria back to Marcus's hours ago," Robert said. "She's only 12 after all. This is only a part time thing for her, so I'm sure they either sent her back to Marcus's or took her back. By now, the minions are into adult hands. Leave them as they are for now, and, actually, since Kate has been back for quite sometime, she's undoubtedly already seen to them herself. They're fine, I'm sure. In the meantime, since all appears to be well and quiet for the moment, I'm going to head home and get a little shut eye myself unless you need me to help you get Angus upstairs, if that's where he's going."

"Watch this," Marcus said with a bit of a grin. He cast a spell to cause the recliner to recline very slowly, so that he was able to change Angus from a sitting to a lying position without disturbing him. Then Marcus covered him with a blanket. 

"how did you do that?" Robert frowned.

"Experience," Marcus replied. "He'll very likely sleep all night if we don't disturb him. Oh ,and Ruby, two things. First, Evan and the others are back safe and sound. Anise and Ginger are in their room asleep. And Evan and his family are at Edward's. And, second thing, the dog has no intention of going out, so don't be surprised if he roots someone up before daylight to go out. The lazy bum. He's planted himself with Angus, and he has no intention of moving. Just so you know." 

"I'll see you lot in the morning. Goodnight," Robert said, leaving. 

marcus picked up Angus's leather coat and saw the hole in the leather where the knife had pierced it. He used a spell to mend it and then he cleaned it to remove any poison residue. Then he took the hat, the duster coat and the weapons belt upstairs to the master bedroom to put them away.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:00 am

Ruby listened to Robert and breathed out in relief at Roberts words about the babies " that's good , and thank the heavens they were safe " she said smiling then she chuckled as she heard Marcus talk about Finn and watch him lower the chair back so Angus could sleep right where he was.

Hearing Robert say he was heading to bed both Aria and Ruby nodded " night Robert" she said and looked back at Angus still sleeping. Now even Ruby yawned as she sat looking at Angus " Ruby go sleep, hes fine"Aria said and Ruby chuckled nodding to her.

"okay " she said and stood up looking at Aria " don't forget to sleep yourself" she said and this time Aria nodded.

"I'm going soon " she said watching as Ruby headed up to her room . Aria looked at Marcus and then to fin " at least hes not making a fuss" she said and moved to relock the door sine Robert had left and nobody was expected. moving to Marcus she looked him over and breathed out " good to see your in one piece" she said simply then leaned in close and kissed his cheek gently " see you when I relive you later2 she said smiling as she headed up to their old room.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 07, 2024 9:31 pm

Angus woke up early, in what was still the middle of the night even for his house of early risers. The clock said it was 3:17 am. The house was silent. Marcus was in a light doze on the sofa. The Fae were there but they didn't interfere. He got up silently and went to the kitchen and made coffee, along with a whole pot of Early Grey.

His stomach was still upside down, but he knew his family would be waking in another hour. He still needed to do the right thing for them. he got a stoneware mixing bowl and started chucking in flour, sugar, leaveners, salt, butter, eggs, some chocolate chips, and he mixed it up quickly, patted it out into a scone dough, cut the scones, put them on a baking sheet and tucked them in the oven.

He cracked some eggs and put together a hasty egg casserole that had diced ham, lots of cheddar cheese, and some minced onion. He put that into the oven to bake and made a bowl of mixed stone fruits--peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, and cherries, with a bit of sugar to help them mascerate. Then he put it in the fridge to chill.

He had Elwood on his mind. Elwood had lingered in a perpetual state of dying for 80 years. Every part of Angus's heart ached when he thought of the merciless suffering that Pearl had subjected him to because she apparently didn't feel that she could live without him. It only made him hate Pear more. And then he thought of Pearl's corpse, lying unattended on Elwood's bedroom floor. Good. It was actually better than she deserved, or at least that was what Angus thought.

Pulling the scones out of the oven to cool, he glanced out the kitchen window and saw Robert walking back towards the main house from the running track. Angus set the sheet pan on a cooling rack and went outside. Robert saw Angus coming out and walked that direction. They met near the pool, and they sat down.

"I didn't expect you up this early," Robert said. "You should be resting. How are you feeling?'

"Nauseated, a bit tired, but better than I could be, I suppose," Angus said. Robert reached over and laid his hand on Angus's forehead and cast another nausea spell. then he untaped the dressing on Angus's shoulder and looked at it.

"When I get showered and dressed, I'll bring you a bottle of a stronger nausea potion and I'll change this dressing. It definitely needs changed. That should help you today til I get home from work tonight. Hopefully today is pretty much the last you'll deal with it. Your system is getting better, but it just needs a bit more time. Understand that she evidently specialized in magical systems. The injury you had a couple years ago would have been fatal if Jess and Brian hadn't been there, so your system very well could be a little touchy about this. The more you're up and about today, the more you're likely to feel lousy. Hopefully you'll be better tomorrow. You don't need to be on bedrest but do let Ruby take care of the house and the kids today."

"I want to do something for Elwood," Angus said.

"I was already informed he expects to go to St. Oswald's to wait to die," Robert said.

"We're his family, Robert," Angus said. "He needs to know he's loved."

"Well, for what its worth, I think Pearl loved him, in the way she understood love," Robert replied.

"Her love damned near suffocated him. Be careful about taking in every stray that crosses your path, Son."

"He's not a stray. He's a Tyler. Or, rather Ruby and the boys are Sanders," Angus said. "I want to go see him."

"Not today. Absolutely not. You're home recuperating today. Got it?" Robert said. Angus sighed, frustrated.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 88 of 100 Previous  1 ... 45 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 94 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top