A Birth day - Page 79
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 79 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 79 of 100 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 89 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 79 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:12 pm

Aria listened and nodded "that's why these are my last resort" she said then nodded to Michael " thanks for doing that Michel" she said as she watched him port out and she chuckled as she watched Angus head to the kitchen with Ruby not far behind .

Ruby made supper and placed the dishes on the side board along with some soda's and the fresh pots of tea and coffee Angus hand made " they look delish" she said watching as they cooled from Angus cooling spell. " okay suppers out help your selves" she said as she picked up one of the orange bars and bit into it loving the tanginess from the orange in the bar.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:21 pm

Angus and Marcus fixed their plates, and so did the kids. As they sat down together, Anise looked at Angus. 

"So are we going to discuss the rhinoceros in the room?" she asked him.

"Huh?" he looked at her.

"Elephant," Sam said.

"What?" Anise looked at him.

"It's not a rhinoceros. The phrase is 'the elephant in the room.'" he told her.

"Elephant, rhinoceros. Same thing."

"Not really," Sam said.

"You know what I mean," Anise scowled at Angus.

"I think maybe I do now," Angus said. "Anise, I did not have the same vision that all the rest of you did, so all I can hope for is that perhaps I'm losing whatever seers' thing I had. Either way, I don't have any other new ideas other than to do what I've always done."

"And if you do that, you're going to get killed," she said firmly. "You don't think people have heard about your fighting style enough to anticipate you?"

"No, I don't think they know me for that. My name has made the papers because of the money that really is Edward's anyway. There are very few that know I have any abilities beyond my Hogwarts classes, and I'd prefer to keep it that way. And besides I don't know how to prepare for this when I don't know if she's alive or dead. Can any of you tell me that? Did you see a live woman or a ghost? No. You can't tell me that. So all I can do is what I know."

"Ugh! You're so frustrating! You have to do better than that!" she said.

"He won't be alone. He'll have me right beside him. And he'll have everyone else. Nobody's ready to let him go this alone," Marcus told her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:27 pm

Aria gathered her food as did Ruby and sat down hearing Anise she smiled at Sam correcting her but knew what was about to be discussed . She ate and listened as Angus explained . Pausing Ruby spoke " hes right, all the papers know is he has money from his business's, not that hes a skilled fighter and not just with spells, but with a rapier, that part has been kept quiet about for this exact reason, to make whom ever it is over confident about their own abilities" she said as she continued to eat. She heard Angus continue.

Aria listened quietly and looked to Marcus knowing that was exactly the case. " that is certainty the case and he has a lot of people around him that will stand with him, not just Marcus, I will so will Marcus and Jack and Jessie , a lot of people" she said as she took a sip of her soda. " I think hes good" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:42 pm

"I don't plan on losing," Angus told her firmly. "Now, this really is not any sort of appropriate supper talk. If you want to talk about it later, you and I will talk about it. but we're not going to continue this right now. Am I making myself clear?"  

Anise slammed her fork down on the table, got up and left the room, changing her clothes to a pair of demin hot pants and a halter top and headed off to go run on the running course. Angus immediately got up, took her plate to the sink, disposed of her partly eaten meal and put the plate in the dishwasher. He came back to the table and looked firmly at Sam, Victor, and Ginger.

"Just so you know," he said in a quiet but iron firm tone, "I've made the rule with the babies that if they tantrum at the table their meal is over. If I treat you any differently, then I am not being fair to your siblings. So hear me very clearly when I say that if you throw a fit at the table, no matter whether you're a year old or 21 years old, your meal is over. Got that?"

"Got it," they answered, surprised. He sat back down to finish his own meal. 

"Well done, Dad," Marcus told him. "I admire your consistency. It will certainly serve them all well, I think."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:47 pm

Ruby listened and stayed quiet letting Angus deal with it, she watched as he took Anise plate and scraped it then explained to the others why he had done it. Ruby just smiled and nodded she agreed while she too finished her food and took her plate to the kitchen. Placing it in the washer.

Aria looked to Marcus noting he was looking proud of Angus and she finished her food and sipped her soda more while Ruby began cleaning up the empty bowls and plates once every one had eaten she put the extra food in the fridge for the next day. " okay Orange bars for afters?" she asked Angus with a cheeky smile wanting another of the delish bars.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:58 pm

"Absolutely," Angus said.

"If you'll excuse me, I think I should go find Anise," Sam said quietly. "She's just scared."

"So are we all," Ginger told Sam. "But I trust Dad when he says he can handle this. I mean, Suzanne's never been able to hire anybody with any real power, right?"

"Right," Angus said with a smile, reaching his right hand up to try to massage his aching left shoulder. It was an automatic movement he hadn't even really thought about when he'd done it. Marcus got up and walked behind him. 

"Let me," Marcus said quietly. He used both of his hands and he massaged Angus's shoulder gently, being very careful not to use much pressure at all because he could see there was some swelling back in it tonight. "I think, if you want this to be up to snuff when the time comes, we should go see if Robert has any anti-inflammatory potions in stock. You could use one. It's puffy tonight. And you really should give it serious thought if you are going to be ready for fencing tomorrow."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:06 am

Ruby sat as she noticed Marcus massaging Angus bad shoulder " we'll be okay, go see Robert, babies are sleeping Sam is with Anise " she said as she sat and ate her bar. Aria nodded she agreed.

"need you at top fitness" she said smiling at them both as she took a bar and bit into it smiling " these are yummy got to tell me the recipe" she added " I'm sure the kids would love these as a snack." Aria said to Marcus as she finished her bar and sipped her soda to wash it down. ruby and Aria now cleaned up once every one had eaten and set the washer going .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:38 am

"It's unbelievably simple," Angus said. "Use the lemon bar recipe but change the lemon juice and the lemon zest to orange juice and orange zest. It can be done with key limes or Italian citrons too just the same way, and it makes a really good alternative to lemon meringue pie or key lime pie."

"Come on. We're going," Marcus hoisted Angus to his feet while Angus had his mind on Ruby's comment about the recipe. As soon as Marcus had him on his feet he simply apparated him over to the main house.

Robert was still at the table in the dining room with the others. He was, though, technically finished. He had swallowed his last bite of naan bread, and taken the last sip of wine. He heard the apparating, and he got up and went into the kitchen.

"His shoulder's puffy, and I know he's been having some pain," Marcus said. "And his fencing instructor his here to help him polish up his technique

"So he dragged me here," Angus said.

"Good," Robert said. "Come with me, then. Let's take a look at it so we know exactly what you can do and what you can't. Marcus, while we're gone, go have a piece of the pudding. It's superb. We'll be back shortly." Robert took Angus downstairs to take a look at him. 

Rather like Marcus, Robert wanted to know for himself whether Angus was healing on schedule and he guessed that Marcus had brought him here only partly for the shoulder. That made Robert look carefully. When he finished he looked at Angus.

"That shoulder is coming along nicely. It has more movement than I thought it would have at this stage. Keep up the rehab you're doing with it, but be careful not to overdo it, or you'll strain it. Now, as for the kidney, its coming along nicely too. However, that being said, I'm going to increase your meds for it to step up the healing. And, you really, really have to increase your fluids. You're not drinking enough. And I do not mean firewhiskey and coffee. No more than a cup or two of caffeinated beverages per day until this clears. Decaf is fine, but cut back on the damned caffeine, and no alcohol yet. Just about anything is within reason, is alright. I think your kidney pain is because you're not drinking nearly enough fluids. You can have some pain potion, as long as you're not overdoing that, but I've never known of you to even take what I want you to have."  He picked up a quick quotes quill and dictated to it. 

"Anti-inflammatory potion at breakfast and bedtime, kidney remedy--increase the dose to a double dose but only three times a day instead of four. Pain potion as needed, and increase fluids significantly to 10 to 12 full 8 ounce cups a day. No more than two caffeinated beverages a day. Decaf is permitted. Return for follow up in a week or sooner if pain recurs," he dictated. 

"You don't usually give me written instructions," Angus said, as Robert got out a bottle of anti-inflammatory potion. 

"No, but you have an unending list of people interested in your welfare. this should answer their questions and save you from repeating yourself," he flashed an amused smile at Angus. "You are very lucky to be so loved." He handed Angus the anti inflammatory and took him back upstairs. He handed  Marcus the written instructions. 

"Since you are his shadow, you might as well see it first," Robert told Marcus. "And, Angus, do let me know how the fencing goes. I should like to meet your fencing instructor."

"He's staying at Edward's," Angus said. "His name is Pascal. I think you'd get on well with him."

"I might introduce myself tomorrow then," Robert said. "He's healing very well, Marcus. A little pain potion and perhaps a magic wrap should dull that shoulder discomfort."

"Sounds like a simple enough remedy," Marcus said. "Carrot pudding was great. Thanks for suggesting it. Let's go home, Angus." Marcus brought him back to the duplex. 

"Can I finally have some dessert now?" Angus asked as they went inside.

"If Ruby and the kids haven't eaten it all. Let's hope they left us some," Marcus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:46 am

Ruby glanced at Marcus and smiled as Angus explained but then Marcus ported him to the main house. " and that's how you distract" she said smiling to Aria and the others " Marcus will get him sorted , now once everything is cleared away could we please settle in our rooms" she asked softly.

Aria nodded and chuckled " nice move" she said and Ruby just shrugged as she began making more of the bars per Angus words. Now with several new rows of the bars she was happy that there was enough for everyone to snack on again. Ruby took this time to head up to her room and shower and change into her PJ's so she could relax and leave the shower for Angus when he returned from the main house.

Aria heard and saw Marcus and Angus return and smiled " so what Robert say?" she asked Marcus then looked to Angus " too much work not enough rest?" she enquired. Ruby walked down in her pj's and looked to Marcus a she sat " so, hows the shoulder?" she asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:55 am

"He gave him an anti-inflammatory potion for that and suggested a magic wrap tonight for it. He's altering the dose of the kidney medicine. He says its healing really nicely but he is increasing the dose somewhat so he can train and be ready in case something comes sooner than he's honestly ready for. He says the biggest issue is not nearly enough fluids. No more than 2 caffeinated beverages a day. Decaf is fine, but he wants him to have at least 10-12 8 oz beverages a day to help get his renal system back in gear."

"He didn't tell me to rest. He only said I needed to not overdo the training. That, and he wants to meet Pascal," Angus said.

"My own opinion is that he didn't intend for you not to use some common sense when it comes to resting. I rather think Robert thinks that, under the circumstances, with us feeling that the fight is perhaps coming soon, that Angus isn't going to listen anyway. I think that job of helping him pace himself is probably up to us," Marcus said. "Like it or not."

"I can determine my own pacing," Angus said.

"No you can't. Don't lie," Marcus replied dryly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 100 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 89 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top