A Birth day - Page 66
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 66 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 66 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:21 am

Ruby made the salad and then sent a note asking where it should be put but saw the grill being put in front of the duplex and smiled she placed it into the fridge for now and sent the note with some editing to let them know it was done and in the fridge ready for their guests to arrive.

Aria finished unpacking the fresh goods and moved onto the frozen opening it she saw a lot of meat and some fish and she smiled , taking each item she arranged it just like Angus was , by product and freshness witch wasn't that hard since it was all fresh. Once done she made a white board and wrote on it, the shelf and item that was on it for easy finding along with the date so she would know when it needed to be used by.

Ruby walked over to the main house and found Kate and Angus both laughing she smiled at Kate and held up a small dose of potion for Angus " figured he might need this" she said " I have tried to give him it regularly but, his choice if he does or does not take it" she said placing it next to Angus and smelling the sauce Angus had made " that one of your sauces?" she asked " oh those ribs are going to be melt in the mouth." she said and smiled to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:26 pm

"He would have needed it if you were just a couple minutes sooner," Kate smiled. "I just gave him some a moment ago. If what I gave him doesn't hold, though, he can certainly take that too. You'll figure out that all of the men we have are the same way. For all of his knowledge as a healer, Robert's even worse than Angus is at taking pain potion. He's loaded with compassion for other people's pain but for his own? Not even a thought of pain potion. He gets determined to muscle through it. My job for the last thirty years or so has been to be the mother to the younger recruits.

"It's definitely his sauce. We don't have the knack to it that Angus does, but Nicky's put eight full racks of ribs to slow cook on the grill so they're good and tender and smoky. And he'll take this sauce out before too long and start to baste the ribs with the sauce so they get layers and layers of caramelized sauce on them. Nicky can certainly do that so Angus doesn't have to, and we're going to take some potatoes, wrap them in foil, and cook them on the grill. Then we'll set out a bunch of different toppings and people can use butter or sour cream, or cheese or scallions or whatever they like. That, and Angus says he wants to grill some corn on the cob. I don't know that I've ever had it on the grill, though,"

"There are a few ways to do it," Angus said. "One way is to pull back the husk and take out the silk, pull the husks back up,  then soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before you put them on the grill, and grill them for 20 minutes or so. Then, when you take the corn off the grill, you pull back the husk and hte husk sort of becomes your handle to hang onto the corn with.

"But I might do it Mexican street corn style. That means I grill the corn, and then I make a spread for it from mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, and cayenne pepper, spread the corn with melted butter and then spread it with the mayonnaise spread, and then sprinkle Mexican cotija cheese and finely chopped cilantro all over the ear of corn. It's really very tasty."

"But the basic idea is that you still eat it right off the cob, right?"

"Yes<" Angus said. "Corn on the cob is only available in the summer, so its an anticipated season when the corn is ready. That's what makes it special. In smaller American farming communities, in the summer time when the corn is ripe and really plentiful, it's really common to take the husk and the silk off of a dozen or two ears of corn, fill a big stockpot with water, boil the corn till its tender, and then sprinkle each ear with salt and pepper. The entire supper menu that night then is just as many ears of corn as everyone can eat, and usually, served with some fresh, homegrown slice tomatoes on the side. That's what everyone makes when its pretty much too hot to do a whole lot of cooking. Some of my American friends say that they usually serve it on paper plates so the only clean up, really, is the pot that the corn was boiled in. They also put another paper plate, an empty one, in the center of the table and everyone puts their empty corn cobs on that plate and some families call it a 'bone pile'. That gives everbody more room on their plates for more ears of corn to be eaten."

"We might have to take a trip for a few days to that part of the states and just take advantage of the summer traditions," Kate said

"You could, or we could just enjoy the same traditions here," Angus said. "Maybe I'll do a milk can supper tomorrow night."

"Now what on earth is that?" she asked.

"Well, if the farm had a big milk can, they would wash it out and layer food in it and cook it over and open fire, sort of like a seafood boil. They'd put a layer of potatoes and cabbage on the bottom because it needed to cook longer than the other things. They'd cut some ears of corn in thirds of halves and put a layer of that in, a layer of carrots and onions, bell pepper, garlic, thyme, a layer of bratwurst or sausages, some seafood seasoning, and salt and pepper, pour in a bunch of beer, and boil it all until everything is done. Then, when its done, they drain off all the beer, cover a picnic table outside with several layers of newspaper, pour the food out all over the newspaper from one end of the table to the other, and everyone just tucks in, uses their fingers and eats from whats spread out on the table. No plates or silverware required. When everyone's done, all it takes to clean up is to toss the newspaper and wash the milk can."

"Now that sounds like a lot of fun," she laughed.

"It definitely is. The only difference between that and a seafood boil is that the seafood boil adds fish and crab legs and big prawns to the pot. But its basically the same thing."

"So the milk can idea is a lot more practical if you live in a landlocked location."

"Exactly," he nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:50 pm

Ruby chuckled to Kate as she spoke and nodded " oh so true " she said as she placed the potion next to Angus " also Jacks put your recliner back" she said smiling to him. When they spoke of food she chuckled " it all sounds good " she said letting them continue about the sauce and spread for the corn on the cob along with ideas on how to cook it all.

Jack had finished moving the bed along with a young blond man with striking blue eyes he wiped his hands off and looekd to Jack " so now the recliner, and why can't we do this with magic?" he asked as Jack chuckled to him.

"because we'd not get our daily work out if we did" he said making the man laugh .

"okay , okay I get it" he said and headed back down humming while he fetched the recliner. While down there he glanced at a picture on the wall and chuckled seeing a happy family in it then he saw an empty frame " hum , wonder whose in this?" he asked as a figure appeared and spoke to him , now he jumped and fell back on his butt. Jack heard the commotion and walked down .

"hey Remus, scared the new guy huh?" he said and chuckled as did the guy on the floor. Helping him up Jack introduced him " Remus this is Joseph Tremaine" he said then stepped back.

"um hello?" Joseph said , just started , totally scared out my wits." he added
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:12 pm

"Hello. I'm Remus Lupin. Tremaine?" Remus asked. "Wait. Jack, does Michael have two sons now or something? And does he know this one exists? Oh, and while we're talking about family, there is something that one of you should know about. Since my main portrait is in Khaat's room, I got word through some of the other portraits that someone was tinkering with Walburga's portrait. He nicked it, you know. from Sirius's place when it caught fire a few years ago, and apparently its tucked away someplace at Michae's house now. Anyway, unless someone takes my portrait for a bit to Michael's I don't have a way to talk to Walburga, but the word is that someone is trying to use Walburga's portrait to break in somewhere, somehow. You lot might want to put Kate or Michael or someone onto checking that out. I mean, the way Walburga thinks about Michael, she might not tell him anything. However, maybe she'd talk to Kate or someone. I can't say I've ever heard that a portrait could be used for anything that nefarious, but then again, there are all kinds of things we dont know about, I suppose. Just saying, I think its worth checking out. Maybe Snidely could tell you something--if he can actually talk."

"Thank Jack for me, Ru, would you?" Angus said. "I just really needed our house to get back to some sort of normalcy."

"So, Angus," Kate said, scrubbing big King Edward potatoes to get ready to poke a few holes in them and wrap them in foil to bake them on the grill, "what's this about Pearl in your dreams. What are you seeing exactly. Is she alive or dead?"

"Dunno," Angus said. "I normally see a light aura around living people. And the dead usually look pretty translucent to me. This woman has a strange icy blue aura around her and her skin is a really strange icy blue color too. I've never seen it before." She frowned deeply.

"I've only seen that once or twice, and both times, I was looking at an old memory of Albus Dumbledore's, and in both cases he was looking at Voldemort. So I'm not exactly sure what that means, except that it sounds like something you should take great care with. I would not try to provoke her until we know more."

"Well, I don't think I need to provoke her. The most recent time I saw her, she was already provoked," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:23 pm

Jack looked at Joseph and chuckled " don't know , never asked " he said as Joseph looked from one to the other. Jack looked at Remus and nodded as he spoke of the portrait that had been stolen " hum, I'll get Joseph on it with me, he needs to get off the training wheels" he said and watched as Joseph shook his head and chuckled.

"after the training you put us threw when we registered to join I'd have thought we'd be full fledged but I get it, more to learn and ever learning, right" he said " nice meeting you Remus." Stepping back as the two of them picked up the chair and carried it up to the living room. Placing it down Joseph looked around " nice place, not my style but nice."

Jack shook his head " keep your hands to your self , pup, this is Angus Donohue's place, he'd have you in a bug jar quicker than Robert could" he told him and Joseph held up his hands .

"okay okay , I got it, no stealing from the second in command." he said and chuckled as he brushed off a cobweb from his trouser leg.

Ruby smiled to Angus and nodded " normal is or was that a thing in our house" she teased with a chuckle before she left for the duplex. It was now Ruby entered and smiled to Jack .

" Angus says thank you, I guess to both of you" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:37 pm

Kate put the potatoes in a basket so they were ready for Nicky to put on the grill.

"I've got the potatoes and the sauce. I'll get to the corn and the potato bar toppings next," Kate said. "maybe I'll get out those big 20 liter beverage jugs and fill a couple of them. Any suggestions on what I should consider?"

"Maybe some limeade or lemonade. Maybe some southern recipe sweet tea, or ice water. When you get towards dessert, I would do two 10 liter jugs, and I would fill one with coffee and one with tea," Angus said.

"Perfect. We have your recipes, so I think we can handle that. And, let's make sure people know they can use the big pool outside. We could put up the volleyball net and maybe the cornhole game in case someone wants to just have some fun."

"That all sounds awesome," Angus said. "And it would be great for the kids. Marcus's kids and ours could get to know each other and just have some fun."

"I'll see if someone can set up some outdoor games for everyone. You should go home and get a little rest. We've got this."

"Thank you, Kate," Angus said. "I do appreciate it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:43 pm

Jack and Joseph finished the chair positioning then headed over to the min house " hey Kate , Remus told us some one was fiddling with a portrait at Michaels , mind if we go and check it out?" Jack asked as Joseph looked around the room while Jack grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge then tossed one to Joseph. " keep hydrated kid" he said as Joseph opened it and downed it in one gulp .

"so true" he said as he then put the bottle in the recycling bin. he then looked at Kate and smiled " thank you" he said knowing Kat was the bosses wife and he had to be on his best behaviour but then didn't stop him sneaking an apple from a fruit basket close by.

Ruby in the duplex wiped down the chair of the dust that had formed and made sure it was all greased and working for Angus. Back in the main house Joseph looked at all the pictures on the walls " who are all these people?" he asked stopping at one and looked at it longer " I've seen him around." he said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:59 pm

"Certainly," Kate said. "I think he's at his place. He's been hosting Orin from last night's mission at his house since they got back. Oh, Jack, if you go to Hogsmeade, would you take that large tea tin on the side board? The blue one? It's for Otto and Faline. I've tried a new treat for them. They like the argyle socks well enough, but I knitted them a big lot of little cashmere treats that are about the same length and width as a piece of penne pasta. And I made them all different colors. Michael says different colors taste differently to them. So I hope they like them. Maybe he can sue them as treats for them. And do tell them about the barbeque spare ribs we're making for supper. They're welcome if the want to come join us." 

She listened to Joseph asking about the portraits on the wall in the downstairs hallway. "Family members. Some of them are blood related family members and some are family of the heart. But they're all family nonetheless." She identified all the people in the pictures, including a smaller copy of the same founders' portrait of the organization that hung in the Captain's office in Paris.

"Are the games still up in the loft of the barn?" She asked Jack. "I thought perhaps we could get out maybe the volleyball game and a cornhole game, maybe some frisbees or something to let the kids burn off some energy. Marcus's kids especially might need some way to unwind. They've had a hard day"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:12 pm

Jack nodded as Kate said Michael was at his place Jack nodded and picked up the tin " got it." he said watching Joseph as she explained who each person was in the family.

"oh so that's where I have seen him, around honey dukes" he said " he'd give the street kids candy and advice to stay straight" he said then heard Jack.

"hey Kid lets go, got a lot of things to do " he said to Joseph " Kate I'll get those up when we get back." Jack sid making Joseph chuckle.

"what he means is I'll be doing it he'll be supervising." he said and moved to Jacks side " well see ya later" he said as Jack ported them to close to Michaels home.

"watch you fingers kid" Jack said " some of the furniture can and will bite" he told him as they walked towards Michaels , Jack knocked on the door.

"hey Michael you home?" Jack asked as they both entered into the room. Now Joseph paused and looked around the room.

" wow , now this is cosy" he said as two foots stools ran over to him and he knelt to give them a fuss with out a second thought.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:37 pm

"Coming," Michael called. He came in, laying a pair of gardening gloves on the kitchen counter as he was coming through, and Snidely was right behind him. "Oh, hi, Jack. What brings you here?" Michael heard a sharp snap behind him and saw that Snidely was in a bit of a skirmish with the teakettle. 

"Red, behave yourself," Michael told the kettle. "I'm sorry that you feel like the wronged woman, but we really would like some tea. Could you please, Dear? For me?" The kettle seemed to feel a little better and gave him a little purring sound. "Thank you, Pet." He redirected his attentions back to Jack. "Sorry. She's still hurt that Snidely prefers to date the mailbox, but she'll have tea ready in a moment. What can I do for you?"

Angus went back to his place, bringing the pain potion home with him. He was relieved to see the bed out of the living room and the house back to normal. He set the potion cup on the table, knowing when he needed it, it would still be there.

"God, this house looks better when the bed is out of the living room," he said to Ruby. "I know it was probably necessary for a bit, but I really am glad to see it go. I had planned on doing the cooking for supper but Kate and Nicky just wrestled it away from me. And I suppose, that as much as I enjoy cooking, that probably was a bit too ambitious for me yet."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top