A Birth day - Page 34
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 34 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 34 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:54 pm

Aria looked at Marcus and shook her head " I'm not but your body language says something is off and so does his, and that gets my goat cher," she said " plus it feels like an ice box in here, that I can pick up on" she said and heard Angus head down when she heard Poppy's bell ring from below. Hearing Angus tell them she nodded " okay good idea" she said simply a she flicked on the kettle to make some tea but paused as Angus returned and made some for Poppy.

Ruby sighed and accioed a cardigan for herself but didn't say anything knowing Angus had things in hand , what ever it was he would take to Robert and let him deal with it. She chuckled seeing Caprice turn one of the toys on the side of the pen and make it click each turn. " well what ever it is Angus has it in hand , we had a great time by the pond, we came back because the wind picked up and it felt like rain" she said as she saw one of the girls yawn.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:24 pm

"My body language?" Marcus frowned. "What is wrong with you? I just this minute walked in. My body shouldn't be saying anything right now because all I did was ask if I bloody missed something. Next time, I'm not asking. I'll just steer clear of you, alright? If Angus's body language is off, then I'll handle it, or I'll try to." He scowled at her, not happy she was getting spicy with him just because he asked a bloody question. "Judas Priest."  

Angus took the tea down to Poppy, and she thanked him, satisfied for the moment. Angus went back upstairs. 

He listened to Ruby explain that they'd come back because it was getting windy and damp.

"Makes sense. The sky is getting darker in the west. We might be due for some sort of bad weather to move in or something," Marcus said, glad that at least Ruby could be decent to him. "Thank you, Ruby."

"You have time for a beer?" Marcus asked Angus. 

"No," Angus replied, trying not to be cross with Marcus. He opened the cabinet and got out a fresh bottle of firewhiskey. "I have time for this."

"Wonderful. Let's go," Marcus said, and the two of them went outside, going out to the tea garden at the back of the yard. Angus took the cork out of the bottle and the two of them sat down. Angus took a big swig out of the bottle and passed it to Marcus. "Women," Marcus sighed.

"Mine's fine. Yours is out of sorts," Angus said. "She came in from being outside all morning and sounded like she was getting demanding with me.  I didn't like the sounds of it, and I told her so."

"What was she demanding about?"

"Demanding to know what I'd found, saying the place was like ice and full of dark energy. When did she get to be so psychic?"

"Hell if I know."

"Did you notice anything?"

"I didn't have a chance to. I came inside, and the only ice I really felt was from her. I asked if I was missing something, and she decided to climb all over my tail about it. I am not psychic, not if my life depended on it. Nor do I want to be. You found something?"

"No, and I wasn't looking for anything either. Minos found another one of those dark charms outside. I put it in my pocket. It does have a lot of dark energy. I do not feel safe letting everyone handle it, and you know how everyone is with those things. Their curiosity gets the better of them, and they all want to see it and touch it and look at it. I honestly don't think this is safe to let them do that with."

"Where is it?"

"In my pocket. I told Minos I was going to give it to Robert, like I did all the other dark things, when Robert gets home today. And now Aria is irked about it."

"She certainly is. She needs to go for a run--badly."

"Tell her."

"You think I'm stupid? Not on your life. She needs to figure it out for herself."

"We have guests this weekend, so her attitude needs to end. Evan and his family left the last time there was fighting, and I'm not having them leaving because of this."

"Well, I'm sure Ruby remembers that Evan won't expose his family to negativity, so maybe she'll talk to her. Maybe," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:34 pm

Aria heard Marcus and shook her head " Dat man dere stay constamment sur mon dos" she said in her native Cajun as she watched them both leave the duplex with a bottle of fire whiskey. #

Ruby chuckled as she watched them go " oh let them be" she said now worried about them one bit " Aria go for a run, you need it" she said and Aria nodded to her transfiguring her clothing for running gear.

" Mais yeah, dat's a good ting, yeah" She said and headed out to have long hard run run around the track to burn off some of the energy she felt she had. Se also hoped he would be in a better mood when she returned.

(" that man is a pain in the ass"/ "that's a good idea")
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:52 pm

Marcus saw Aria leave to go run. 

"She's gone out towards the track," Marcus said. "I have to go back in. Poppy's still there. I have to be there for her. Perhaps it would be best if I took Poppy and went to the house. That would get Aria out of your hair for tonight too."

"No. Poppy's injuries are pretty freaking serious. Let's not keep shuffling her around. If you and Aria want to go to the house, I'll look after Poppy, and the girls will too. The day is winding down, so I'm sure we'd manage with no problem. Maybe it'll all blow over while Aria's running."

"If she isn't, I'll tell her we have to go to the house tonight," Marcus said. "She and I can order pizza or something until we get groceries there. We really don't need to create a problem for Evan and his family."

"Thanks. I appreciate that," Angus replied. "You'll miss my short ribs in red wine sauce though."

"Save me some," Marcus grinned. 

"I can do that," Angus said. The two of them each took another big swig off the firewhiskey, put the cork back in it, and went back inside. "Thank you, Ru," Angus told her. "I appreciate your help. I'm going to start on the polenta for tonight. I'm expecting a delivery from Sparks--a couple of their big baguettes and a couple of chocolate silk pies. Keep your ears open for them, would you?"

Angus went to the kitchen and grated four different cheeses to put in his polenta, and then he got out another big dutch oven and made a huge pot full of polenta with sweet roasted garlic, some grated onion, the four cheeses, and some finely chopped parsley. Once it was made, he turned the fire down to low to keep it warm, and started setting out the sideboard. 

"I didn't make a salad, Ru, because supper is going to be really filling and rib sticking, and there are some vegetables in with the short ribs. Do you think I still need a salad?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:05 pm

Ruby saw Angus walk back in and smiled to him " not a problem" she said smiling as he continued " oh all right" she said as she covered Amari who had laid down " the babies are napping" she said softly " and ria is out on a run" she said as she walked over to him " all sounds heavenly, I would say we have enough with everything you are making the salad will just be a bit too much" she said but then shook her head " no it will give nutrition for those who want it" she added.

Aria ran around the track seeing Jack and Jessie join her as she ran each focused on their laps " so who'd you piss off?" Jack asked and she frowned to him " ah Marcus" he said with a chuckled.

As Jack ran past Aria swore at him "manche à caoutchouc" she said basically calling him a jackass as she ran. As she ran more she felt the burn of her muscles, sweat dripping down her back as her head began to clear and she slowly refocused her thoughts. It was now Jessie ran up to her and smiled.

"just relax and stop over thinking how he works" he said masking Aria stop in her tracks.

"is that what I'm doing?" she asked Jessie who stopped beside her and nodded to her.

"yep, just relax, enjoy what you have with him, stop trying to be something your not..him" he said " you've not gone threw his training if there was anything worth worrying about he'd find it first" Jessie said as now Yu ran over to him " oops got to go, see ya" he said laughing as he ran over to Yu and Chris taking Chris and placing him on his shoulders.

Aria watched them and smiled seeing them heading back to the cabin laughing and she thought about things too and smiled "I'm a couyon" she said and took off continuing her run.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:25 pm

"Okay. I'll make one," Angus said, going to the fridge to get greens and vegetables to make a chopped antipasti salad with a creamy Italian dressing. It didn't take him long, and he was sure that Evan and Edward would enjoy it. With the salad done, he went back to setting up the sideboard.

It was then that he heard the guys return, and by the sound of it, they had done well at Robert's farm pond. Evan came in, beaming, with a big package of fish, all wrapped in wax paper and then in newspaper. 

"Oh, well done. You lot had a great haul, didn't you?" Angus asked.

"Oh, this isn't all of it. Edward took a package this size over to the main house, and Nicky is fixing it for supper. Clearly, though, we aren't having supper. It smells fabulous in here. What is it?"

"Short ribs," Angus said.

"In wine sauce? The good stuff?"

"Certainly the good stuff," Angus said. "You lot all need to go shower. You all smell like fish."

"We know. We're heading," Evan said. They all headed to the showers, and Angus took the sort ribs out of the oven, took the lid off the pot and set the pot on a trivet on the sideboard, did the same with the polenta, set out the salad, cut the baguettes into generous slices, and set out pitchers of ice water, iced tea, and opened two bottles of Merlot and put them on the sideboard near the wine glasses for anyone who wanted wine.

Then Angus fixed a plate for Poppy, and gave her some of everything, set it on a tray, and took it downstairs for her.

"I hope you're hungry," he told her.

"Starving. I've been smelling it all afternoon. What is it?"

"Braised beef short ribs in a red wine sauce, over a four cheese polenta, with a chopped Italian antipasti salad on the side, a fresh baguette with Irish butter, and a tall glass of iced tea."

"Oh my goodness. So fancy."

"Sounds fancy, but its easy cooking," Angus said. "Is there anything else you need?"

"Probably more room," she told him, laughing. "I don't know when I had this much food at one meal."

"Eat what you want, and yes, there is dessert. There is always dessert," he told him.

"I might move in, then," she teased.

"By all means," he smiled. He went back upstairs. "I think we're ready, Ru. Poppy has her tray, so I think we're good to eat anytime, for anyone who's hungry."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:37 pm

Ruby smiled seeing Angus in his element, the kitchen and watched as he made a salad to go with supper. She watched as Angus took down the food to P[oppy she sent after some cold water so she'd have something to drink with it knowing Angus might have forgot.

Aria finished her third run and decided it was time she headed back to the duplex walking this time not running . As she moved she entered the duplex hearing supper was ready " I'll just wash up" she said heading to the bedroom where she showered and changed . Walking down she stayed quiet and gathered some food for herself sitting down at the table and took a bite from the rib " foods very nice tonight Angus" she said as Ruby placed Caprice in the high chair next to her and then added Amari who Aria took meat and cut it into tiny pieces for them to eat.

Ruby took one bowl and a plastic fork and gave it to Caprice who gleefully poked her fork into the food .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:54 pm

The kids all came to the table, and the boys were not smelling of fish anymore, thank goodness. They had fixed their plates and had just tucked in when Aria came in and joined them.

"Thank you," Angus told Aria, smiling. "It's one of Evan's favorites."

"It is, and I can't seem to get it right the way you do," Tara said. 

"No trick, I swear," Angus said. "It's far easier than it looks. I'll get you the recipe."

"This is one of Carlo's favorites too," Edward said. "I can guarantee what his birthday meal will be. Rosaria has made it every single one of his birthdays--at his request."

"Don't tell her but Angus's is better," Evan said softly, as if it were a big secret."

"Angus uses Chianti, and Rosaria uses a lambrusco," Edward said. "Chianti is dry, and Lambrusco is sweet. I think that's the difference."

"I use Chianti so I can control the sugar content myself," Angus said. "There is a little bit of muscovado in it, but not very much. Just enough to take away the sour taste that tomatoes can sometimes have."

"So Angus tells me your fishing was good today," Marcus said.

"Enough to feed both houses with a very generous fish supper," Edward said. "Nicky was cooking it over there tonight."

"And I'm sure we'll cook it tomorrow night," Angus said. "I have some cedar planks so I can cook it outside over a bonfire if the weather stays good."

"I saw your gran as I came home," Edward looked at Angus. "She was out near the garden."

"Yeah. She's been hanging around," Angus said. 

"Minos still finding things?"

"Well, not so much. Just one this afternoon. I'll take it to Robert after supper. He can put it with the others."

"Do you know what it means?" Simone asked.

"What does any little trinket from Priscilla mean?" Angus said. "It isn't a protection amulet or a love spell. I can't get all stirred up about these things because she and Suzanne just keep coming. It does us no good to have a meltdown about them. Minos digs them up, and I give them to Robert. That's about the start and finish of it. If she comes, I'll kill her. It's that simple."

"You might have to take a number on that one, Mate," Marcus said. "There are a lot of us who want her dead."

"True," Angus replied.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:09 am

Aria looked at Marcus then to Angus as he spoke " well its not after magik nwa(black magic charm )" she said as she helped Amari to eat and ate her own in-between giving Amari mouthfuls of food.

" Thank goodness what ever you said " she said smiling as Caprice managed to get a piece of food to her mouth on the fork " well-done" she said smiling to Caprice who giggled and ate more.

Aria helped Amari eat then once she was done she finished her own food and gathered the plates and bowls it was now they heard several thumps and she headed for the back door " any one expecting a delivery?" she asked as she stepped to one side to show some large packages.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:26 am

"Ah yes," Angus said. "That's mine. Dessert is here on time. Thank you." He got up, and Evan and Marcus went with him. It didn't take them long to bring in several chocolate silk pies and several fresh baguette loaves. Angus paid the delivery man and thanked him. Evan started unboxing the pies, and Angus began cutting them. He cut three pies into six slices each and put the slices on dessert plates and added a dollop of fresh whipped cream to each slice. As he plated a slice for everyone, Evan delivered one downstairs to Poppy with a mug of hot tea, bringing her finished tray upstairs. Then he served the slices of pie to everyone at the table. Marcus poured cups of coffee and delivered them around the table.

"Chocolate silk pie," Simone smiled. "Its been ages since I had this last. What a treat, Angus. How did you know I was craving chocolate?"

"I didn't. It just sounded good," Angus said. "This is a new sort of chocolate silk, according to Lizzie. It is a very dark chocolate silk pie. She's calling it Midnight Silk Pie. And she's managed to make a dark chocolate shortbread crust to put it in."

"God, sounds incredible," Evan grinned. "I'm still waiting for someone to make something that has too much chocolate. There is no such thing, I am convinced."

"This might be close," Marcus laughed.

"Nope, but its gonna be fun tucking into it. Oh, I'm supposed to tell you that Rosaria is feeling better, and she's working on Ginger's lace project at about light speed, I think."

"I almost asked her if she conjured a spell or something," Ginger said. "She was making lace so fast I couldn't even see her fingers moving."

"She's been making lace since before your dad was born, I'm quite sure," Edward said.

"It's stunning, the work she does. I like making lace, but i'm nowhere near that fast," Ginger said.

"And I can't do it at all," Anise said.

"You have gifts all your own," Edward said. "You don't need to know how to make lace."

"Angus, can you serve this pie on our anniversary?" Simone asked. "And birthdays and Christmas and Easter and Boxing Day..."

"And every other day in between? I'll work on it," Angus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 100 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top