A Birth day - Page 12
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 12 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 12 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 56 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 12 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:39 am

Ruby heard Robert and smiled as she moved to hold Rosaria's hand as they all walked out into the corridor she heard the nurses and also heard Marcus talk about them , moving her hand she placed it around Rosaria so they got a good look at the ring on her finger, but kept herself poised and said nothing to them as they walked out the hospital to the limo.

She had reassured Rosaria several times as they headed towards the limo at the front of the hospital. She saw one woman and several of her friends talk and motion to Angus she glanced at him motioning to them with her head , but she also knew he was watching them. So when one stepped forward she turned and looked at her
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:53 am

"Stop it, Ruby," Robert told Ruby very quietly but firmly as they reached the car. "Stop behaving like they're a threat. Get in the car so we can get Rosaria in." 

Angus had never paid attention to women looking at him, and he really had only noticed these women through his peripheral vision anyway. He proceeded to keep his business-like posture so he would give them absolutely no encouragement. 

He waited calmly and stood absolutely still while Robert and the medical team got Rosaria in the car. Then the orderly folded up the wheelchair and put it in the trunk of the limosine. Angus then made sure to personally thank the orderly and the two nurses that had helped get Rosaria out to the car while Robert got in, sitting on the bench seat beside Rosaria to help keep her calm. 

"Your turn, Mate," Marcus told Angus. Angus got in, feeling like the sooner they were home, the better. Marcus got in beside Angus while Carlo was getting in the front. Carlo glanced back at Marcus, waiting for Marcus's word that they were clear to leave. Only once Carlo had it did he drive away to head back to the estate.

"So here's my plan," Robert said. "I need to get Rosaria to St. Mungos yet tonight. The muggles were nice enough to loan us the wheelchair overnight--thanks to whatever discussion you had with the muggles, Angus.'

"You don't want to know," Angus replied dryly.

"Well, they were overly apologetic, so you rattled their chain more than a little."

"Yes, I did," Angus replied. "I canceled a multimillion dollar pediatric wing to that hospital because the administrator went on a very long tirade about how the hospital didn't need rich people like me. So, if he doesn't need me, then so be it. He can do without me."

"Oh, shit," Robert laughed. "That's gonna hurt."

"I think it already does," Angus said. 

"Anyway, I'll get Rosaria in the wheelchair and apparate her to St. Mungos. Once she's admitted, she can get a good night's sleep, and I'll see to her leg in the morning. Good work, All. It went off without a hitch. Well done," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:01 am

Ruby heard Robert and took a deep breath in refocusing as they walked to the limo Rosaria held her hand and smiled to her making her feel more relaxed again as they finally reached it. Ruby let the nurses place Rosaria in the limo then slid in next to her giving her a gentel hug again as she watched Angus talk to the nurses and explain to Robert what had happened with the hospital administrator. She chuckled as she spoke " and how" she said " threatening to pull funding was a big shock to his ego" she said then heard Robert mention he would take Rosaria to St Mungo's making Rosaria smile to her " you'll be in good hands with Robert and be on your feet in no time.." she said to her.

Aria and Jess had changed and bathed the girls now they sat playing with Chris who had popped around to help best he could Jessie sat watching both of them and chuckled as the girls tried to catch him but he just stepped back and pulled a face at the pair of them making them laugh at him " nice work Chris" Jessie said.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:17 am

"Oh, he didn't just threaten to pull their funding. He canceled the project completely," Marcus said. "They won't be getting a farthing from the Donohues."

"It isn't over, though," Angus said. "You know what will be next, don't you? Theyll go over my head and go to Edward and try again to get the funding through him. Edward will do what he wants to do. That's what he always does."

"Still, he won't let them insult his family and then hand them millions. Even if he does give them the money in the long run, you need to tell Edward so he can make them, minimally grovel good and hard and long before they get enough to buy a cup of tea."

"Sounds fine to me," Angus said. 

"Ruby, you did well tonight, but we'll keep working on the polishing," Marcus said. "It'll come. Remember the word hasn't even gotten out to the people at the estate, much less to complete strangers, and muggles hear even less. The muggles know who Angus is there because he grew up there. They don't know you from Adam's housecat."  Marcus's analogy made Angus laugh.

"Did Adam even have a housecat?" Angus teased.

"Shut it. I'm teaching here--or trying to--Nitwit," Marcus said. "The point is, that you can show them your wedding ring all night long, and they won't care because they don't know who you are yet. They'll learn--in time. But you need to figure out who you are. Angus doesn't look at other women. The only reason he saw them tonight was because he heard them say his name and heard them giggle. He thought they were laughing because maybe his fly was open. That's the only thing he cared about...."

"Wait," Robert burst into laughter. "He actually thought his fly was open?"

"Totally," Marcus laughed. The two of them laughed for a moment. "Trust me, Ruby. You don't need to care for even a fraction of a second what those women think or don't think. The only thing you need to be concerned about is what happens or doesn't happen between you and Angus. The muggles have a saying, and in this case, I think it fits. A muggle might tell you to stay in your lane, and I think that would be good advice. I'll find you some footage of some celebrities and how they navigate through a crowd. It might be a good learning tool for you to watch when those things go right and when they go off the rails and what the differences are. You'll learn, but its just going to take a little."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:30 am

Ruby heard Marcus and nodded " yeah they really irked me" she said " but I remembered what you said and composed myself again" she said as he continued she nodded knowing she needed more training on being a celebrity's wife" thanks, would be good to see what I should do for next time" she said and then heard him talk of Angus response chuckling as Robert spoke and laughed at Angus words.

" Your right I need to keep working on my game face" she said and smiled to Rosaria " but we did get Rosaria out of there and on her way to a proper hospital with proper care" she said as she felt the limo turn into the estate " finally home" she said hoping Marcus would change her clothes back into what she originally wore not that she minded what she was wearing but it was not her style.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:45 am

"You're not going to get it all at once, but, generally speaking, you're always better to underreact as opposed to overreacting. Overreacting has far more likelihood to make you look like an ass. That is far less likely to happen if you're using restraint," Angus said. 

"And, like we told you way back at the beginning when you first joined Robert's staff," Marcus told her," you're going to have to develop your wardrobe. Regardless of what your own personal style is for being out of the public eye, you do need to let us help you develop a sense of style for being seen by others, both magic and muggle. You'll need to have a sense of polished elegance for formal occasions, for business, and for all kinds of other social events. Look at Angus. He has entirely different styles. He looks entirely different when he's working in the barn from how he dresses for business, and that's completely different from how he looks in a tux. The business wear and the formal wear are not his favorite but he knows he has to deal with being flexible about wearing whatever the occasion demands, and, here's the other part, he has mastered looking at home in whatever he's wearing, whether its his favorite kind of clothes or not. YOU need to work on developing some different styles and for mastering looking like you're at home in them whether you'd rather be wearing jeans or not. That's just part of the poise you need to learn to use when you need it."

They arrived back at the estate, and Marcus and Angus made quick work of getting Rosaria into the wheelchair. Evan came out while that was happening and asked Carlo to take the car back and then he could go for the evening. 

"I can help you get them to St. Mungos if you like," Evan told Robert. "That would leave Marcus free to get Angus and Ruby home."

"That works for me if it works for you," Robert said to Angus and Marcus and Ruby.

"Fine with me," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:05 am

Ruby listened to Marcus and looked at her outfit then nodded " hum it isn't that bad and I agree , I need a different wardrobe for out in public, well out in muggle public." she said and listened again to Marcus " so no reaction is good " she said then they pulled in and she waited for Marcus to get out before she did followed by Angus.

When they were all out of the limo Ruby listened to how Marcus was going to get her and Angus back home . She nodded to Robert as she spoke " yep , sounds good" she told him and looked to Angus. " I'll just say bye to Rosaria and let her know we will drop by and see her once shes made comfortable at St Mungo's " she said to him .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:20 am

"By then, she might well be home," Robert told Ruby. "If things go well in the surgery in the morning, I might very well bring her home to the main house by afternoon. I'll want her to rest for a few days before I have her up much--mainly because of the nonsense the muggles put her through, but she might enjoy some company while she's laid upstairs in bed. Alright, Marcus, take them home, please."

"My pleasure," Marcus said.

"Thanks, Guys," Evan said. "We'll bring the girls home tomorrow after school. Maybe by then we can visit Rosaria. Goodnight, All."

"No problem at all, Evan. Goodnight," Angus said. Marcus took them home while Robert and Carlo took Rosaria on to St. Mungo's.

"You do seem to manage a lot of long days without trying," Marcus teased them as they found themselves in front of the duplex. 

"Definitely. What time is it, Marcus?" Angus asked.

"12:45 am," Marcus replied. 

"Makes sense. My pillow is calling my name," Angus said.

"Mine too," Marcus laughed. "Lights are still out on Edward's side. Means he and Simone are still out in Paris."

"Well, Paris is one of those places that parties, nightly, til dawn," Angus yawned. "We might not see them anymore tonight."

"You might be right. I'll close it up as usual," Marcus said. As they went in, they saw that Jessie and Cris and Aria were still up. "We thought we'd find you lot all sleep. Obviously not yet, though."

"Well, we got Rosaria away from the muggles," Angus told them, "and Robert's taking her to St. Mungos. He says he'll repair her leg in the morning. Can't blame him. I think I'd prefer a well rested surgeon myself if I had to make a choice."

"Oh, and Angus got into a confrontation with the muggle hospital administrator who believed he could get smart assed with Angus, so Angus cancelled a multimillion dollar donation to them that hadn't happened yet. That was actually quite interesting. He never lost his cool, he stood there patiently while the administrator said he had no use for the Donohues, at which point Angus told him that the hospital didn't need his money then and canceled the project."

"And I am quite sure I will hear loud sucking-up sounds from him by breakfast," Angus laughed. "You should keep the dress, Ruby. I rather like it for business things. It sends the right messages."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:52 am

Ruby was glad to return to the duplex she chuckled seeing Jess and a sleeping Chris on the couch. They listened to Marcus tell them what had happened while they were away . " Rosaria's is okay though shes with Robert" Ruby said " but.." she gave a yawn " I and Angus are super tired" she said as she moved to the stairs " the girls in bed?" shea sked and Jessie nodded.

" yep put them down at their normal bed time, they went down easy out before I left the room " he said and chuckled as he picked up Chris and walked to the back door " anyway sleep well see you in the morning" he carried Chris back to the cabin. Ruby chuckled as Aria stood up and walked around her .

"that's not the same dress you left in" she said and Ruby shook her head " it makes you look sophisticated" she said and Ruby looked at herself and chuckled .

"that was Marcus doing, its not bad" she said as she looked at her self. Taking the stairs to her room and slipped out of the dress and put it in the wardrobe.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:42 pm

"Thank you, Jessie. We appreciate it. Goodnight," Angus said, as Jessie left with Cris. He closed the door and locked it, and he sighed. Home, finally. Cows all present and accounted for, hopefully, plus one--one new one. Daughters safe with Evan. Good. Marcus would check that the other four were still supposedly here too. Rosaria and Carlo safe under Robert's protective wing, and that was safe enough that Angus could let go of worrying about them for a few hours."

Marcus started his nighttime check by going upstairs first. Angus sat down and accidently dozed off almost instantly. He hadn't been asleep more than a bit when someone was waking him. He woke to see Edward there, still wearing a tuxedo from his evening out in Paris.

"What happened?" Edward asked.

"What?" Angus frowned sleepily.

"Your note was devoid of details. 'Rosaria's been hurt. Going to Tuscany to fetch her. A' Do you see how that really does tell me nothing?" Edward asked.

"Oh. Sorry. I was in a hurry to get to Tuscany," Angus said. "Rosaria was up at the top of the stairs and somehow fell from the top clear to the bottom. She broke her leg in, i think, five or six places..."

"Dear God. And her healer retired..."

"Evan had to take her to that muggle hospital because its all they had.."

"He should have called you!" Edward was upset.

"He did the best he could in a tough spot," Angus scowled. "Once he had her to some sort of emergency help, he did call me. We went, got her out of the muggle hospital, and Robert took her to St. Mungos. he's going to do surgery in the morning to undo the muggles' attempt at it..."

"Where's Carlo?"

"He went with Robert to get Rosaria admitted into St. Mungos, and Robert had Kate and Shannon fix up my room in the main house for them. I'm sure Robert won't let him get lost...."

"He's family. Why didn't you make a room for him upstairs on my side?"

"First, you weren't bloody home to do things your way. Second, I don't always like your way. Third, Robert is going to bring her back tomorrow sometime, after the surgery and keep her in the main house because they've got healers running out their ears over there..."

"You need to get over yourself and stop being so angry at the rest of the world. I did what I did because it was necessary..."

"You and I have a very different idea what necessary is. Oh, and by the way, the muggle administrator has no use for the Donohue family. He told me so to my face tonight. So, I canceled the donation for the pediatric wing. And no, I'm not going to give them so much as a ha'penny."

"Muggles don't use ha'pennies anymore. Just so you know. And fine. If they dont need the Donohues, then I wish them luck on their addition without us. You made a choice, and I'll support it.Muggles sometimes think with their arses. Alright. I'l take it from here, then."

"Fine," Angus said. "I'll let you know when I've gotten over myself." 

"You do that," Edward said, turning and going back to his side.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 56 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top