A Birth day - Page 13
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 13 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 13 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 56 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 13 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:57 pm

Aria stood and looked from Edward to Angus and back as they both talked between each other rather heatedly. she could see Ruby at the top of the stairs in her PJ's and motioned for her to stay put for now. Once Edward had walked back to his side she breathed out and nodded to Ruby as she walked down the stairs. " kitchens clean and tables cleared up ready for breakfast" Aria said.

Ruby walked over to Angus and stood with him. She said nothing knowing it best to just let things settle down. Moving to Angus she placed her hand on his shoulder but then moved to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to take up and place by her bed. " I'll see you when you come up" she said softly to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:06 pm

"I'll be up in a minute," Angus said. "Sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep. Nor did I think Edward would be back tonight. I'm sure this isnt' over between him and me, but I've had enough of his interrogating for one night. So I won't be down here much longer. Aria, thanks for taking care of the kids and the kitchen and all. I certainly appreciated it. I'll try to reprieve you in the morning. I'll get up extra early so you lot can sleep in just a little later. That way, if there's any new developments with Rosaria, i can fend off Edward for a bit--or try to, anyway." 

He went to the kitchen got out an insulated mug, filled it with ice and then added water before putting the lid on the mug. He was thirsty, and he hoped to read a little tonight--maybe. If he didn't nod off first. 

"I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight," he told Aria, and he headed upstairs, showered, got ready for bed and went in. He had a book on his nightstand that he hadn't gotten a good start on, and after he got into bed, he picked up the book.

"I'd like to read maybe the first chapter--again," he told Ruby. "I've read this first chapter five times, though, and its so long before I get back to it that I forget what the first chapter says. So when I get back, I have to start that chapter all over. It's supposed to be a really good book, but I wouldn't know. Did you ever finish that big series of books on magical creatures you were reading?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:13 pm

Ruby smiled to Angus " okay and don't worry its been along day for all of us" she said softly to him. she looked to Aria as he thanked her for cleaning up and looking after the babies .

Aria looked at Angus and chuckled " its fine, and you don't have to, its all part of the service" she said and chuckled as she watched him fill his thermos then said night to her. she smiled and nodded " okay sleep well " she said as she double checked everything again now that Angus and Ruby had headed up to their room.

Ruby entered the room and walked to the bed sitting down she heard him talk about the book and chuckled softly " understandable and I still am, i'm about half way threw them, I'm up to the Hinkypunk a diminutive, one-legged magical beast" she said with a chuckle a she showed him the page she was on.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:31 pm

"Hinkypunks, huh? Remus taught a lesson once on hinkypunks," Angus laughed. "They thought he was pulling a lag and had some sort of jinxed plume of smoke in a box--until he let it out of the box. If I recall correctly, it was actually Cho Chang who got the thing back in the box--all while Draco was threatening to tell his father. Draco was a weenie in those days. When I was a kid, my favorite creature was a kelpie--only because I was spending so much time on boats when I wasn't in school. Now, though, if I had to pick, I am rather fond of our Fae friends. I think we're very blessed to have them living with us.

"Since Edward has relieved me of my duty to Rosaria--because he thinks he can do better himself, i might see if I can get back on the matter of Mino's money. It wouldn't be right to let the trail go entirely cold, not after all they do to try to help us in whatever way they can. Seems only right to return the favor," he yawned, as the bedroom clock chimed 2 am. "Oh, who am I kidding? I'm not going to remember anything I read tonight either. I'm tired.  Maybe the book will keep til another night." He took a drink of his ice water and turned off his light. "Night, Ru," he said, settling down to sleep, hearing Marcus going into his room for the night. That meant Marcus had finsihed his security check and was going to bed too.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:43 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and chuckled as he talked about hinkypunks and how Draco wined and how Cho Chang had put it back in its bottle and she chuckled qat his description of Draco " oh that sounds so like him" she said chuckling then she heard him mention his favourite was now the Fae they had living close to them and how he felt blessed having them " agreed, and yeah we need to find that treasure for them.

She marked her book page and closed it placing it back next to her bed. She smiled as he said he could not remember any of the chapter , smiling she lay down and spoke softly " night Angus" she said as she closed her eyes and fell a sleep. Aria walked to the room and changed into her Pj's watching as Marcus walked in soon after.

"so how' it go, any trouble?" she asked sitting crossed legged on the bed waiting.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:57 pm

"Which part?" Marcus laughed. "Rescuing Rosaria? That went very well, all things considered. I don't think, though, that Ruby gave any thought to the fact that she is now the wife of a multimillionaire who is only going to get richer as time goes on. She's going to have to go from a one-note wardrobe of jeans to having a much more faceted wardrobe. I mean, perhaps she should take a page from the muggle royals. They have a lot of facets. Sometimes they're in jeans, sometimes in business attire, sometimes in military uniforms, and sometimes in formal extravagance. And, as much as perhaps they'd prefer to be in their pajamas, they have had to learn to look as comfortable in diamonds as they are in sweats. I have a feeling I'm going to have to be the one to help her develop her own sense of style. And, I've been thinking that maybe if you hung out with her, you could help reinforce some of the lessons about things like choosing the right dress, pairing it with the right gems, walking in heels, how to handle the cutlery at a formal banquet where there could be as many as five different forks, four different knives, four different spoons, five different drinking glasses, seven different plates and two different cups--at each place setting. Perhaps you can help her learn to feel more comfortable with all of it if you were there when I tried to work with her. And then there's how to deal with a large crowd of people and paparazzi and such. Its going to be an entirely different world for her at times, and it might be easier for her if she had a woman to assist her at times. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:08 pm

Aria sat and listened to Marcus and could not help but chuckle at what he told her " wow , wow I can help with some of that but , give me some credit , even I can't figure out all the knives and forks on a table , all I remember is start from the outside and work your way in." she said with a chuckle " dressing wise , yep I can help her and set her up a wardrobe and get her thinking differently too" she added as she slipped her feet under the covers then pulled the blanket and sheets over her. " we could enlarge her wardrobe so she'll have enough room for the extra clothing, but yeah she needs clothing that makes her look like what she is, a billionaires wife." she said and could not help yawn " wow sorry" she said and lay her head down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:40 pm

Marcus nodded, "Well, I can handle quite a bit of it, but I'm not going to easily get past the point that I'm not the one that will be wearing the evening gowns and the heels. That's for certain. Goodnight." He closed his eyes and slipped off into sleep.

Angus got up far earlier than even he had anticipated he would. He had vague memories of a nightmare that had rooted him up. He hadn't jerked or done any sudden jarring movements. Still, Ruby seemed to somehow know everything even when he had done his level best to not disturb her. He had gotten up and gone downstairs, made coffee, and had put his energies into making some some mixed berry scones--with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. Once those were in the oven, he made a fruit salad, and put that in the fridge, and made a large frittata with some diced ham, some sauteed onions and some cheese, and he had put that in the oven to bake as well. 

Simone made her way over as he was closing the oven door. She was still in her pajamas.

"Edward's gone for the morning already. He wanted to be sure to be at St. Mungo's for Rosaria's surgery, so you should have a quiet morning. I wanted to come over and tell you, so that you know, I did not approve of how he handled trying to protect you from a huge financial mess by making sure that you married Ruby. I am so sorry he resorted to those sorts of manipulations. You're a big boy, and you are smart enough to analyze the facts for yourself. He knows I'm not happy with him about that. Don't misunderstand me. I'm thrilled that you and Ruby finally tied the knot, but that should have happened when and how you both wanted. I didn't have any part at all in that, and I'm glad I didn't..."

"Thank you," Angus said. "No offense taken. I'm sure Ruby and I will figure things out. As far as the kids go, I don't want things to change between them and you and Edward. They need their grandparents, so I hope things go as they always have. I presume Edward and I will work things out in due time, but he might have to learn not to ever try to manipulate me again."

"At any rate, I found you a jar of this really unusual flavored clotted cream yesterday. It looked really interesting so I got you a jar." She handed the jar to him.

"Honey almond? That sounds interesting. We'll open it this morning on the scones I made. You're welcome to stay for breakfast if you like. Nobody's up yet but me, though."

"That'll give me time to dress, then. If you're sure I'm no intrusion," she said.

"None at all," Angus said.

"Thank you,' she smiled, feeling relieved. "I'll be back in a bit." She went to dress. Angus poured himself some coffee, opened the windows and sat down in the quiet to enjoy the first little bit of the day now that breakfast was handled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:02 am

Aria woke at the sound of some one moving and talking down stairs , she slipped from the bed and dressed heading down she saw Angus " morning" she said poring some coffee for herself " was that Simone I heard earlier?" she asked as she moved to look at what had been laid out for breakfast. " looks good " she added.

Ruby having felt Angus get up she stayed put knowing he liked to have time on his own to gather his thoughts for the day. Hearing Aria talking she decide to get up. Dressing in slacks and a light cotton shirt she brushed her hair and placed on some light makeup and headed down . " morning" she said smiling as she walked over and kissed Angus cheek before poring some coffee and sipping it.

It was now Aria looked at her and shook her head " okay Marcus filled me in about what happened yesterday and well lets just say , we start lessons in etiquette and style" she added walking over to Ruby she brushed her hair back over her shoulder and saw she wasn't wearing any earrings. Accioing some she placed them in her hand " please put these in" she said showing her a pair of gold earrings. Ruby did as requested then she accioed some heels " okay put these on and walk about in them wear them all day to get use to them." she added as Ruby was about to say she couldn't because of the babies Aria stopped her " you will, you ned to walk in them if you are to look like a lady of wealth." Aria said now, shoes" she said and looked at Angus behind Ruby. " Marcus asked me to take over some of the training." she said to him and chuckled
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:20 am

"It was," Angus told Aria. "Edward's already gone for at least the morning, at least until Rosaria is in and out of surgery. Simone said she did not like Edward's methods the other day and told him so. Pretty ballsy for a relatively new wife to do, but I invited her over for breakfast. She went to dress. I suppose at some point I should get dressed too, but the spirit hasn't moved me yet. I need to get my scones out of then oven. I'm sure they're done." He got up, went to the oven, took the scones out, transferred them to a platter, and then, after casting a touch of a cooling spell on them, he put them on the sideboard.

"Mixed berry scones, and Simone found us a flavored cream for on the scones--a honey and almond flavored one. I think it should be great. I set out a fresh jar of jam for the scones, and the frittata is ready, so help yourself."

Angus saw Aria start to help train Ruby. 

"Ru," Angus said. "it isn't going to take you much to adjust to the heels. Really, it isn't. As for clothes, you and Aria can always visit Clive, or let Marcus pick a few initial things to maybe give you a bit of inspiration. After all, he's used to helping more famous people than us, for pitys sake. At least she isn't asking you to do Rosaria's trick of insisting I learn to walk with a stack of books on my head." He was going to go fix his plate, when Finn came downstairs and pawed at the door.  "Okay. Come on, Finn." He opened the door for Finn and gave Finn fresh food and water while the dog was out. 

The boys came downstairs, and each of them had a really stinky baby that they were holding out as far as their arms would let them go. 

"They really stink," Sam said. "Here. They're yours." He put a rank smelling Caprice in her right arm  and Victor put Amari in her left arm. Then they hurried to wash their hands in the kitchen sink before fixing their plates.

"I don't think I want to know what sort of a surprise package they each have this morning," Angus frowned. "Maybe we shouldn't give them pizza anymore."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 56 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top