A Birth day - Page 84
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 84 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 84 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 92 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 84 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 30, 2024 11:45 pm

"Hey," Brian called to Sam and Victor and Anise and Ginger. The kids stopped and looked at Brian and Khaat. To the kids, Brian looked like just a regular guy, but he certainly didn't look like he belonged with a woman that looked like Khaat. They looked like a mismatched couple.

"I'm Brian. Good to meet you," he shook hands with the kids, and they introduced themselves. Khaat introduced herself, and then Brian looked back at the kids. "Well done, all of you. Nice work. Rita does look far better when no one can see her face."

"Our dad didn't kill his own dad," Sam said. "If he says he didn't do it, he didn't do it.'

"We know," Khaat said. "We love your dad to pieces, and we were with him the night his dad died. We know exactly what happened."

"Robert told us you lot had a hell of an adventure yesterday," Brian said.

"Because our mum is a maniac," Sam sighed. "She never did one decent thing her whole life

"Your mum is Ruby," Khaat said gently. "That woman that used to be your mum? She's no relation to you anymore at all. But you're wrong about one thing. She didn't do just one decent thing. She did five of them. Without her, we wouldn't have had each one of you. You're all a part of our family now, and we love you. And you five are the best things that have happened to Angus since Edward. And that's worth more than you'll maybe ever know."

"You guys are all going to be great fighters," Brian grinned. "Keep up with your training because its paying off. We need to get to work, but keep taking such good care of your dad, won't you?"

"Count on it," Sam said firmly. Khaat and Brian headed back to the house.

"Now, can we go get breakfast? What the hell's wrong with Jack? Lunch? We haven't even had breakfast yet," Victor tease. The kids laughed and headed into the house to see there was anything ready for them to eat.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 30, 2024 11:53 pm

Aria chuckled as they entered the duplex " nice work guys" she said " foods out, help your selves" Ruby chuckled and nodded " I made double for you" Ruby added as she fed Caprice again while Dimond chewed on a piece of waffle with syrup.

Jack had heard the boys and chuckled himself knowing his slip was deliberate. He went to his room and changed his clothes into jeans and a dark light shirt. Heading down he crossed to the duplex and knocked " hey guys, enjoy your breakfast, you earned it today" he said with a light laugh. " Angus she won't be back and I have guys doubling the barrier to that nobody with out a medallion can enter or leave" he added.

Aria opened the windows again letting fresh air into the duplex while Finn ran out to do his business since he'd been locked inside for some time.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 31, 2024 12:02 am

"Thanks, Ruby. It felt pretty good too," Sam told her. The kids went and fixed their plates and sat down.  When Jack came in, they looked up at him and smiled. 

"Thanks," Victor said. "Nobody gets to go after our dad like that. Nobody."

"Would you have really set her hair on fire?" Marcus asked.

"Hell, yeah," Sam nodded. 

"I had her clothes figured out. But I'm sorta glad I didn't get to use it," Ginger said, a little timid about it.

"That bad, huh?"

"I was going to change her to a mud colored thong style bikini, and I was going to enchant the thong so that it was really, really stuck in a really painful wedgie," Ginger said. Angus couldn't help it. He burst out laughing at the thought of it. It was not anything he'd have thought of himself, and he really didn't want to admit he wished he could have seen it.

Marcus laughed too.

"Oh, well played. Hang onto that one," Marcus told her. "You never know when a really tight wedgie might come in handy."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 31, 2024 12:09 am

Jack heard Ginger and Anise and laughed out loud." oh I think I'd have paid to see that." he said still chuckling as he looked at the boys " take your time come back once your done, you earned it" he added as he took some maple bacon and munched on it " yum nice bacon" he said and headed to the back door. Pausing he looked at both boys he chuckled again " oh one last thing " he said " work on your aim please, don't have too many changes of clothing that I can be drenched too much, also Jess says I smell like a wet dog when I do." he added and chuckled as he then moved out the door " see you guys later" he said to Angus and Marcus.

Aria laughed as Jack said Jess had said he smelt like a wet dog " glad he saw the funny side of it" she said chuckling as she moved from the babies so Ruby could take over. She walked over to Marcus and looked at the cottage. " I'm gonna go for a run and then check the cottage, you want to come with me later?" she asked with a smile hoping he would or if he wanted to wait till it was fully done she would wait too not wanting to see it alone.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 31, 2024 12:21 am

"We will," Anise nodded when Jack asked them to work on their aim. 

"We got in a hurry," Ginger said. "We'll work on it."

"We need to get to Evan's...." Anise started.

"Sam," Angus said. "Victor? Can you two take Anise and Ginger to Evan's and come straight back?"

"Sure," Sam said. "Its as good as done." 

"Angus,..." Marcus began.

"Go. Go for a run. I won't leave the house. You have my word," Angus said, knowing that Marcus was back on duty now and wasn't supposed to leave Angus. They'd just been intruded upon, and now Aria was asking Marcus to leave his client for a run. Robert would have their bums in a sling, Marcus was certain.

"You have even a glimmer of a problem, and you use your medallion and send for me," Marcus said. "I won't do it again. I promise..."

"You're allowed to have a life," Angus told him. Marcus looked at Aria. 

"I'll go with you now to see the house, and then, maybe I'll do part of a run. I just don't think i should go for a whole run since we just now ended a security breech or I'll be unemployed for sure," Marcus told her.

"We'll be straight back" Sam said. "And we'll keep an eye. Ruby's here, and Edward's right next door. It'll be alright. Worse comes to worse, Ruby, change Finn into a Tyrannosaurus and let him eat whoever is making trouble. That'll just about take care of it, whatever it is."

"The boy's right. It just might," Marcus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 31, 2024 12:30 am

Aria looked to Marcus and nodded "I just thought we'd meet up after my run " she added but was glad he was going for part of a run with her " I understand, your at work." she said changing her clothing for her running gear. She looked back at Ruby who chuckled at Angus description of her changing Finn into a dinosaur.

"oh he'd probably love that" she said and laughed as Finn tipped his head as if he knew they were taking about him." Yeah we'll be okay, don't worry" she said smiling to Marcus " he'll still be here when you return." She chuckled as now she lifted Caprice rom the high chair and placed her in the playpen returning to do the same with Dimond to let both play with there toys.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 31, 2024 3:18 am

Marcus walked over to the house with Aria, and he saw the decorator was there with her crew, and they were somewhere inside. He sort of liked the kitchen with its clean country lines, whitewashed walls, reclaimed cabinetry from another country house somewhere, and the key pieces, a huge hutch that had been placed in an archway to give it a built in look, and an old heavy wooden Victorian kitchen worktable. An old rustic table with some charmingly mismatched chairs was the dining space. French copper pots hung, along with cast iron ones, on the wall and above the worktable. Plants galore were in the windows. 

Marcus had ordered a huge set of Kate's bright colored dishware, and it was sitting near the enormous hutch to be displayed there and put at the ready for use. There was a full set, including teacups and saucers, big chunky mugs, and all sorts of accessory pieces. Marcus had ordered pewter flataware to use with the pottery. 

He walked through to the next room, to the butler's pantry. He had specifically wanted the cabinets he'd seen at an estate auction, and he'd wanted them in the butler's pantry. Now, installed and oiled and waxed to a high shine, their warm, old patina made them almost glow in the sunlight that was streaming in the windows. For a pantry, this was a particularly warm space. A door here led to a stairway that went down to the cellar to the wine cellar that would store wine, firewhiskey, beer, and other liquors. He had taken Angus's advice and had put in a walk in fridge and freezer. Angus's reasoning had been that with five kids, there would surely be, in the future, big happy Christmases here, and, if his kids had 2.5 children, that would work out, mathematically, to a total of thirteen grandchildren. With Marcus's parents, his kids, their spouses, and the grandkids, that would be a minimum of twenty seven people for every family holiday. They would need a walk in fridge and freezer. They were both in here.  In the kitchen itself, there was a standard size fridge and freezer, and a commercial sized stove with a double oven. Marcus had seen how essential that was to Angus, and he hadn't considered otherwise. Marcus knew he couldn't cook, but he knew Aria could, and his parents both could cook. Marcus? He could save lives, and that counted for something.

The country house's scullery had been pressed into service now as a modern laundry room and a fully functional and well-organized and expertly appointed sewing room for whatever sewing thing Aria wanted to do. A large center island would serve perfectly as an enormous cutting table for laying out patterns and cutting fabric without bending over a low table. The decorator' suggestion that, often, repairs to a garment came up with a garment either was going into or coming out of the laundry. So it made sense that the sewing room might be a perfect companion in the laundry room. 

The kitchen led into a bright and cheerful morning room, painted a buttery yellow. It wasnt a harsh yellow. It was creamy and calming and yet, in the morning light this morning, Marcus could see that it would indeed be a great place for a cup of coffee and a scone and a morning paper to start the day without a lot of fuss and formality. The creamy yellow was a great choice, he thought. A short hallway separated the butlers pantry and the dining room. There were some french doors in the morning room that opened up to a terrace that had a comfortable table and chairs for breakfast outside. 

Marcus rather liked the dining room color choice. It was painted a chestnut color--the same sort of color that Marcus expected to see on a cherry bay horse. The trim was white. The fireplace was white with a handpainted tile surround. An antique liquor cabinet was pressed into place again as a bar, this time in the dining room. It had waterford crystal glassware and was equipped for a casual drink or a dinner party. The dining room, like the morning room, opened up to a terrace. This one was set up a bit like Edward's outdoor living space and could be used for a larger outdoor dining event.

The dining room led to the library. The shelves were still largely empty here, but they wouldn't be. Deep, comfortable furniture framed the fireplace. This room was designed for long hours of reading by the fire  in the deep, dark days of winter. It made Marcus silently wonder if men like him, who were hired to take the bullets for their clients, ever lived long enough to retire to ever read books by the fire. Still, it was a nice thing to be prepared for. 

The library led to the drawing room, or as Marcus really wanted it to be used as, the living room. This was the room that he had wanted to plaid furniture, the chunky tables. He wanted this to be the room that the family felt like they could come into, kick their shoes off, curl up on the furniture and watch forbidden muggle movies and eat popcorn. Or play board games. Or open Christmas presents. He liked this room a lot. This was a happy room, he thought.  

And off the drawing room was the foyer and the stairs going upstairs. There was the master bedroom with a full bath, and four guest bedrooms upstairs and each bedroom had an ensuite bath. That was the main house. A breezeway from the kitchen led to what had been a carriage house. When it had been moved, it had been attached to the other end of the breezeway, and it now had a recreation room on the ground floor that had a billiards table, a wet bar, some tables to play board games or cards, and a little kitchenette to turn out some snacks. An old muggle jukebox refitted to run on magic and a little speck of a dance floor, and a few other games to make it a great place for some fun and some laughs. Upstairs, there were six more guest rooms and six full baths That gave them a master bedroom and ten total guest rooms. 

The house had originally not been designed to be nearly that large, but they had worked with the decorator to make much better use of the space. The rooms themselves were not that large. Larger cavernous spaces had been whittled down for more efficient use by a large family, but they were efficiently organized and very comfortably decorated to be family friendly. And then they had attached the carriage house, so that had given them a much bigger house on the inside than they had started with. Marcus hoped that he would have the time now and the peace to have his children and his parents to be a part of his life. As an espionage agent, there had never been a hope of that. And Evelyn had given him even less hope of it. Now, though, his life had dramatically changed for the better. And he could start to have what he really, deeply wanted. His family. His own family and a sense of a home. He wasn't really doing this for himself. He was doing this for them. He had seen that Angus had placed a strong priority on making sure his kids had good strong roots. a sense of connection, and an iron, unbreakable sense that they were loved and protected no matter what. That had been something that Angus had wanted from his parents, but he had gotten it, not from Reginald, but rather in overflowing abundance from Edward and was passing it on to his kids. It was a legacy worth passing on. Marcus admired Angus and Ruby for that, and he hoped he still had time to connect that way to his kids before they got too grown up to want to pay any bloody attention to him. He didn't want to wake up in some fleabag hotel some morning in Bangladesh and find he was old and alone and his kids wanted nothing to do with him. 

"What do you think?" he asked Aria. "It's pretty different from all sterile white and chrome contemporary safe houses we've seen in our work, isn't it?"

Last edited by Khaat Lupin on Fri May 31, 2024 1:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ")
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 31, 2024 6:23 pm

Aria walked with Marcus and entered the cottage she smiled at everything she saw it was cosy warm and inviting, something she had never experienced in any place she had stayed in her past. she moved with Marcus looking at the kitchen and living room then the sun room smiling as she felt the warmth of the sun threw the windows. Looking at the plaid furniture she chuckled and spoke softly " I like the choose of furniture " she said moving a cover to show him it was the Plaid furniture he has asked for.

Continuing the walk around she marveled at how well it had been decorated " have to say that designer is top notch" she said looking at everything around her, to her if felt like home and she could see Marcus and his kids siting around while opening gifts in front of an open fire. She followed him out of that room and into the master bed room she moved to open the double doors letting fresh air into the room and smiled at him as she saw him check out the bathroom then move to the next room. She walked down to the kitchen and waited for him to enter . she heard him ask what she thought of the place and she smiled.

" its perfect, cosy and welcoming and everything that says welcome home and relax." she said then chuckled " even the plaid furniture fits so well" she smiled to him " I think the kids will be happy here"
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri May 31, 2024 7:23 pm

"I think they will too. My dad's gotten an invitation to go and join an archaeology dig in Egypt for the summer, so he's hiring on some temporary help. However, that means he and Mom won't be able to keep the kids over the summer. That's fine. It'll be a good time for them to get settled into their rooms here. Zane and Kai have always shared a room, and since Poppy's come into the family, so have Daria and Poppy. The really large guest room thats just across the hall and down a door or so from our room is where I think I'll have the decorator put all three boys, in the big room, with maybe a central living space with beds off in somewhat divided spaces so they feel like they have some privacy too. The other somewhat large guest room is where I think I'd like the girls to be. It's right across the hall from us, and I think it will give the two of them plenty of space.

"My dad wants the kids to all have some sort of summer job or responsibility over the summer , and I thnk he's right. However, Zane and Kai are the only ones old enough to officially work. They'll be sixteen. Daria is only going to be 13 and Ezra and Poppy are just turning 12. Zane and Kai could join the outdoor crew. Would do them good. I think Daria is old enough to maybe do some babysitting of Molly and Abbey or maybe Cris. Ezra loves animals, so maybe he could help with some of the small magical creatures. And Poppy is head over heels with anything to do with birds of prey or art or fairies. She's into all of that stuff.  I think she'd be a great little shadow for Kate, maybe helping her in her studio or helping her with the birds or something. I don't think the smaller kids need to work a lot of hours. Just enough to have a little responsibility. y next question, though, is that if we have a houseful for the summer, do we want to hire someone to take care of the house and cook for us, whether it's a human or a house elf? Or do we want to try to keep that up ourselves. We've got a lot bigger space than we started out with, after all.  And I don't know whether Suzanne is going to keep me with Angus for all my waking hours but its certainly a possibility. There's a lot to consider. The kids are all old enough to help with household chores, and they're used to working. That's a value Mom and Dad have put into them right from the start, but it'll be a big adjustment for everybody.'
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri May 31, 2024 7:34 pm

Aria listened to Marcus talk and nodded about his suggested room for the boys " I agree they will be together but have room for independence." she said smiling then she listened to him talk about what his parent were doing and how the kids would work there , then he asked her about cooking and cleaning " hum that's a good question, I don't mind ether but we have time to think about it, a house elf would be useful and they wouldn't take up much room but it would have to be on their terms, but then again teaching them to be responsible for there things and being able to cook is a good thing too, lets not think about it right now" she said " we do have time until summer will be here so plenty of time to think about it" she added with a smile.

I do like the idea of giving the girls their own rooms but shall we decorate for them or allow them to do that?" she asked " I am for letting them do it them selves , that way they can feel at home in the room they made their own." Aria looked around the room they stood in and smiled. She moved to the double doors and opened them onto the porch that looked out over the pond " now this is a view to wake up to " she said as the sun shimmered in reflection on the water in front of her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 84 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 92 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top