A Birth day - Page 82
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 82 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 82 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 82 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed May 29, 2024 11:39 pm

"Robert took me off the disabled list, so I'm back on the job," Marcus said to Aria. "And that's fine, I'll do the upper floor." Marcus didn't accept or refuse Edward's potion because he wasn't against pleasant dreams, but tonight, he wanted to be alert in case Angus had a rough night. Ruby was about as tired as she could get, and Marcus didn't want Ruby to have to stew about whether Angus was alright or not. Marcus could take care of Angus for a few hours so she could sleep tonight.

"Ruby, Marcus said. "I think Jessie had a good point when he told you about the state he found Suzanne in. I think his point was that the woman you both knew doesn't exist anymore, and the creature he found is so completely consumed by madness that she is a completely different person. He believes Robert did the right thing, and if I trust anything, its Robert's medical judgement. Her rage consumed her and made her criminally insane. In essence, she became ill. Whether she'll recover? Nobody knows right now."

Anise gathered up the empty dessert plates and took them to the sink and put the leftover tiramisu back in the fridge. Then all four kids headed to their respective bathrooms to shower and get ready for bed. They were getting quiet, and Marcus could see the fatigue on their faces. Simone went and put a fresh pot of almond tea on for everyone, and Edward let Finn outside and then put some food in Finn's bowl. 

"I know you were looking for a different name for Diamond," Simone said. "So I've been sort of looking. What about the name Amari? It's actually a Hebrew name, but it means Loved. I can't think of any message that little girl is going to need to remember more than the fact that she wasn't just hatched into this family by accident. She is in a family who deliberately chose her and very much loves her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed May 29, 2024 11:53 pm

Aria looked to Marcus and nodded to him as she then headed to check the ground floor including Edwards side. Ruby listened to Marcus and nodded " I know" she said " shes not my mother and hasn't been since I left their home " she told him " but I can't help have conflicting feelings anger at what she did and guilt at being her blood." she said but she shook it off " but after what Jessie told me about her , not any more" she added.

Ruby heard Simone and smiled " I like that Amari, keeps with Aria and Anise " she said with a chuckle " have you mentioned it to Angus ?" she asked her smiling as she walked over to Angus and Dimond " well Angus how would you feel about the name Amari, it means Loved , Simone thought of it " she said smiling "I think its perfect for her as that's exactly what she is and will get from now on" she added but knew Angus being tired he would leave it till morning when he was more awake.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 30, 2024 12:16 am

Angus heard Ruby talking about her mother and the feeling of guilt she had about her mother. That was one thing Angus could not identify with. He had never felt guilt about Benjamin. Benjamin's crimes were Benjamin's. The only guilt he ever felt that was even remotely connected to his father was that Edward had had to kill the werewolf Benjamin had become in order to save Angus's life. It was not a feeling Edward shared at all. Edward did not, for a moment, felt guilty for killing his eldest son because Benjamin had become a monster in more ways than one. And, Edward had made it abundantly clear that he had two great joys in his life. His beloved wife Caprice, Angus, and, now, coming in a close third was the life he had here with is great grandchildren in his every day life, and his new bride Simone.  

"Forget the guilt, Ru," Angus said quietly, yawning. He was starting to feel tired, and he wasn't sure why. "There's no point to it. Let her demons be hers and hers alone. You didn't commit her crimes. She did. And the blood connection means absolutely nothing. It's what you put your heart into that counts. You know, the last time I saw the ghost of your father, I didn't feel that he held any animosity for my killing him, self-defense as it was. He did, though, intensely despise Suzanne, and that was before she had become as much of a nutter as she is now. If you recall, he wanted her stopped way back then. He even tried to help. He placed it entirely on her, not anyone else. That's one lesson you might consider taking from him."

"There is another thing worth thinking about," Marcus said. "I've known Robert a good deal longer than you have, Ruby. Robert is a man who lives his life like he is constantly sitting at a chess table. He plays his game very carefully, tight lipped, not revealing his entire hand. He underplays how much strength and power he has. From what Jessie said he played that very differently today. He deliberately used more power than he otherwise would, and he deliberately did whatever it took to get Suzanne under some sort of control and in the process, he deliberately broke her spirit. Something that I'm sure Jeffrey probably thought was excessively cruel. Robert sees her as being incapable of having any sort of caring about anyone but herself. If he had, for one second, thought she was worth redeeming, he'd have played that entirely differently. But he didn't. That might be worth your time to think about the next time you're tempted to feel guilty in any way."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 30, 2024 12:25 am

Ruby listened to Angus and Marcus and once he was finished she nodded " your both right, shes not worth thinking about, and yes she committed the crimes , not me" she added and thought about what Marcus had just said to her about how Robert had handled Suzzanne and let out a deep sigh " like Jessie said I don't have a mother and I'm not my mother, Simons my mother figure, and grand mother to our children" she said and smiled as she looked over at her.

Hearing Angus yawn she looked at him " lets all get some sleep" she said taking Angus hand " we've had a long day and I'm thinking its time to get a good night sleep, I'll put the babies to bed and join you." she said softly to him. Aria walked over to Marcus and nodded .

"all locked up tight" she said glancing over at Finn who watched the babies. Walking over she picked up Caprice and carried her up to the nursery while Ruby picked up Dimond and took her to the nursery too. Once done she walked to their room and changed into her PJ's and slipped into bed, she took the dose of potion Edward had given her and lay down.

Aria walked to the room she shared with Marcus and changed into her PJ's she paused as she waited for Marcus to join her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 30, 2024 12:57 am

Angus watched Ruby go upstairs. She was exhausted, Angus knew. Marcus made his rounds, showered, and came back downstairs. Angus was smoking a cigarette quickly. Marcus saw the exhaustion and anxiety written all over Angus. Marcus knew exactly why Angus didn't like bedtime. There were far too many night where either his own nightmares or the ones caused by Suzanne's hired hands that could frighten a dead man from his grave. Marcus had seen Angus through nights like this, and he understood that the very last thing Angus wanted was to sleep. Nor did Angus want any chance he would disturb Ruby. Marcus didn't like sleeping either when he knew Angus had been attacked in any manner, and today felt like a harsh attack. 

"Mate," Marcus said, "I know this is the very last thing you want to hear, especially from me, but you desperately need to be able to turn this off and get some real sleep tonight. Robert left you some potions, and..."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that."

"Yeah. I thought maybe you did. He's left you a sleeping potion, a really strong, dreamless sleep potion. Look, Merlin knows you have every reason to fight against sleep, but its what your body and your mind need most. And, the women--they haven't seen the sort of horror they saw today. They just might need us to be in the same room, just in case."

"Well, what the hell good will I be if I take that crap?"

"If she sees you're sleeping, she'll feel able to trust that things will be alright for few hours. I'll tell you what. I'll leave your room door open a bit, and leave mine open a bit. If either of you are disturbed in any way, trust me. I'll hear it. I'll come over. I'm only a few steps away. Fair enough."

"Oh, fine," Angus sighed, feeling pressured. He hated it. He hated night time, and he hated sleep. He hated feeling pressured into sleeping potions, even if it were gentle pressuring. And he resented needing it. Marcus poured the potion. They both knew that it worked nearly instantly. Marcus turned out the lights, and Angus followed him up the stairs. 

"Trust me," Marcus told him softly. "It'll be alright. Take it. If you need me, I'll come." Angus didn't say anything, and they both went to their rooms. Angus put the potion cup on the nightstand and got into bed. He hesitated to turn out the light. 

"Sorry about today. I shouldn't have taken you and the kids with me. I've gotten used to seeing crap like that. I don't want you to ever have to," Angus told Ruby. He turned the light off, hoping she would find some sense of normalcy to be helpful.

Marcus for his part, went to his room, and got into bed and turned out the light.

"He's got damned good reason to not want to go to sleep, and the only consolation I have for him tonight is that Robert's potion is supposed to be strong enough to hold him all night," Marcus said softly to Aria. "I left the doors open so I can hear if he needs something. It's damned risky, my not being with him tonight. We'll try it, but if it doesn't work, I'll talk him into coming downstairs with me.'
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 30, 2024 1:06 am

Ruby heard the door go and saw Angus enter she also caught Marcus behind him and gave him a smile of thanks as she then felt Angus climb into bed next to her. she listened to him and smiled " I offered to go with you and nobody could have prepared or anticipated what we found" she said softly to him a she lay her head gently on his chest " lets just rest now" she said softly as she closed her eyes listening to the sound of his breathing and heart beating against her cheek as she lay.

Aria saw Marcus enter and climb into bed with her she looked at the door and nodded " understandable" she said " if it happens and he can't sleep, just go don't worry about me" she said as she curled against him and fella sleep now relaxed feeling his skin against hers.

Next morning Aria got up and headed to the kitchen to start the morning routine of coffee and tea then making breakfast for every one. Ruby woke and quickly dressed and headed down meeting Aria on the landing as they headed down to the kitchen.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 30, 2024 1:24 am

Marcus had laid awake for a long while. He had gotten up after an hour or so and he had found Angus awake in the darkness while Ruby seemed to be in an exhausted sleep. Marcus had silently handed Angus the sleeping potion, and Angus very reluctantly had taken it. Then, as Marcus was floating the empty potions cup down to the kitchen, Angus had slipped into a deep sleep because of the potion. Marcus slept off and on, getting up and checking Angus's room, refusing to fall into a sound sleep. He'd felt Aria get up and dress and go downstairs. He half dozed a little longer and then he got up, showered, shaved and dressed. He went next door to Angus's room, got out some clothes for Angus and laid them on the dresser. Angus was still in a sound sleep, and he looked like he was utterly limp, forced to give in to his exhaustion by Robert's potion. 

Marcus went downstairs, dressed, shaved, and ready for the day. Finn followed him downstairs. They had a routine, and Marcus just fell into rhythm with it. He opened the door, let Finn out, grabbed the papers, put food and water in Finn's bowls and let him back in. He saw Robert on his way over as it was just getting light. Marcus waited for him.

"How is everyone?" Robert asked when he got to Marcus."

"Still asleep mostly. Aria and Ruby and I are up, but Angus is asleep. The kids will be up soon, and I presume that Edward and Simone are awake."

"They are. They went with Kate into Sparks to pick up some new scone flavors from Lizzie for both our houses to try. I figured Angus is still asleep. I hoped he would be."

"He'll be up soon," Marcus said.

"Yes. He will be. He's a man of habit. I'll go up. He's going to need me to take the rest of the effects of the potion off him so he can get up and not feel drag from the potion or from yesterday. Go enjoy your coffee, Marcus. I'll see to his dressing, probably remove his sutures, and help him dress and then we'll be down, I'm sure."

"Okay," Marcus said, as they came in.

"Good morning, Ruby and Aria," Robert said, heading through the living room and up the stairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 30, 2024 1:34 am

Aria saw Marcus was up and talking to Robert by the back door and smiled as she fixed two cups of coffee one for her and one for him. Seeing his conversation was done and Ruby had sent up a cup of coffee to Angus she walked over to Marcus handing him his cup and kissing his cheek "Good morning Marcus " she said as she moved to sit on the couch enjoying the quiet before the babies woke up and demanded breakfast that Ruby was making.

Ruby was making pancakes with syrup, scrambled eggs maple bacon with some yogurt and muesli to add to it with a bowl of fresh fruit. Ruby set everything out and pored a cup of coffee for herself. " Moring Marcus" Ruby said from the kitchen as she hummed a she cooked the maple bacon making more than she needed knowing that the boys loved the bacon along with Ginger and Anise..
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 30, 2024 7:46 pm

Robert went upstairs, apparently unseen by Ruby and Aria, and he sat, and took a thermal mug of coffee out of his bag, sat, drank his coffee, and read his copy of the morning paper and merely waited until Angus woke up. 

When Angus woke up, he felt like he was sleeping so deeply he hadn't been breathing. He did know what it felt like to wake up gasping for breath, though. He'd done that before. This felt a hell of a lot like it. He breathed in, opened his eyes, found himself in his own room and saw that it seemed to be morning once again. His head pounded and his stomach rolled. It was then that he saw Robert there. 

"What did you do in that potion?" Angus said, far more asleep than awake. 

"Me? Nothing except I made sure you got some damned sleep for a change. It's been weeks and weeks since you've slept more than three or four hours at a time. I know you. I can read you like a book. Your inability to sleep is all over your face. The rest of it that you're struggling with this morning? That's all you, I'm afraid. I knew this was coming, so I came early." Robert got up and sat on the edge of the bed. "Alright. Let me help." Robert cast a spell to stop Angus's rolling stomach. Then he blended two or three things together and found Angus's coffee and mixed it into his coffee. 

"Here. Ruby brought you coffee," he told Angus.

"And you ruined it," Angus said.

"Yes, you're welcome. Drink it. You'll feel massively better," he told him. "Don't you have any idea why you feel like shit this morning?"

"Other than your potion perhaps? No."

"It wasn't my potion, you little idjit.  How long have you been struggling with Suzanne?" 

"Almost a full two years, just shortly after Ruby and I got together," 

"Exactly. And its been nearly an every day fight for your very survival. It's been continuous frontline warfare for you, and its nearly killed you on multiple occasions. Everything from your magical system being wiped out, that whole business in the swamp, and a hundred other things. Consider what happened yesterday. It made you relive New Orleans. When you saw the caskets, they were designed to look and feel and even smell like that night in the swamp. They were specifically designed to screw with your head. There is no way you didn't feel like you were being swept right back there."

"I was, for a moment," he admitted, as Robert encouraged him to drink more coffee. 

"Precisely. Now, listen. Let me explain. I think this is important for you to understand how our minds work. Your senses are some of the strongest recorders of memories, especially the sense of smell. When we combine a sensory memory, like a smell, with powerful emotion, like thinking we're going to die, that binds that memory to us forever...."

"You're telling me I'm going to remember being buried alive forever," he said.

"Well, yes. You will. But that's just how all our minds process powerful sensory and emotional memories. How you deal with that memory can differ widely from person to person.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Suzanne was planning to use those newly built caskets as part of a bigger plan to try to bring as much pain to you as possible over a much longer period of time. Perhaps years. I can see her trying to do that, and I, for one, am very glad she didn't get to put that into motion. And we also have all the most important pieces now to understand how the history of this really went. Not only that, but I really do believe Diamond is safe now, and Suzanne has been immobilized as much as we can do for now, short of executing her. So, as painful as yesterday was for everyone, it was exceptionally profitable. Now tell me that getting to the end of all of those things didn't all feel like relief to you."

"It did. Immensely," Angus said.

"And that--that relief of having her out of your life for awhile is what's causing all these symptoms this morning. This is the release of two whole bloody years of constant hypervigilance, of your needing to be ready, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to fight for your very life. Now your system needs some time to catch up.  That potion you're drinking in your coffee is a blend of a few things to minimize your symptoms for you so you can feel better, and if you take it like I've prescribed for a few days, you're going to feel massively better. What I want you to do is to take a day or two, let yourself rest up, maybe do some fun things, or anything other than fighting for your very existence, you'll start feeling like yourself again. Then I think you and Ruby should take a day or two away from everything and everyone just for yourselves. I know you like boating, but you're not going to have enough use of your shoulder for that yet. I suggest you think about some sort of camping perhaps or somewhere upscale. Some luxury where you can be pampered and still have some privacy."

"I'm sure she'd like that," Angus replied.

"So would you," Robert said. "Now, while you're finishing that, I'll take out those stitches in your shoulder, and you can start working with Andrew to start getting some movement and strength back in that.

"I'm not vehemently against a couple days away but it isn't what I really want, though."

"So what is it that you want?"

"Because of Suzanne's madness and because of having kids way, way before I wanted any, I wasn't able to develop any sort of routine to my work. I really miss working on some sort of a regular basis. I mean, I've squeezed in my duties at home. between emergencies, but I want to have a regular routine. I want to see things get done. Ruby isn't used to my leaving the house on a daily basis and going to work because I haven't had a chance to do it. I want some normalcy."

"Understandable. You know you can continue to work in pieces from home if that's what you find you need to do, but, granted, things would get done faster if you had a few hours a week in your office where you weren't putting out fires. I'll tell you what. You give my potion and some rehab work with Andrew a try, and talk to Ruby about starting to think about what you want life to look like once Marcus and Aria move out. I'm sure their cottage has to be almost finished by now. Once you and Ruby decide what you want, you let me know. We'll talk again about how we might make that work. Fair enough?"

"Yeah. Fair enough."

"And if she needs a couple days away?"

"Then, I suppose that's what we'll do," Angus shrugged, setting the empty coffee cup aside. 

"Feeling better?"

"Yes. Thanks."

"Good," Robert said, leaving the bottle of potion on the nightstand. "You're going to need this mostly first thing in the morning but if you start to feel an energy drop, it's fine to take some. Dosage is marked on the bottle. Now, while your stomach is settled, I want you to get some breakfast. On, and one more thing. If I get the money released to you, you need to consider what you want done with it. It's a massive sum, so you need to consider carefully."

"Okay," Angus said. "I'll let you know." When he was dressed, they both came downstairs. 

"I'll see you lot later. I have work to do on yesterday's debacle. Have a peaceful day," Robert told them, leaving.

"Need a warm up on your coffee?" Marcus asked Angus.

"That would be great," Angus said. Marcus took his cup, and seeing the dregs of a potion in the bottom of the cup, Marcus put the dirty cup in the sink and got Angus a fresh cup, poured hot coffee in it, and took it to him.

"Thank you," Angus said, grateful for coffee that wasn't buggared up.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu May 30, 2024 8:10 pm

Ruby had seen Robert walk up to their room but said nothing knowing he was going to see Angus and get him ready for the day ahead. When Robert returned she smiled and nodded to him. " thank you Robert" she said smiling to him so he would know she meant being there for Angus. Aria pored two cups of coffee and placed on next to Ruby who smiled as she fed Caprice as Aria fed Dimond some pancakes.

" so whats your plan for the day?" Aria sked the boys as she saw them eating knowing they had to work on the grounds. She also knew she would help Ruby around the duplex before she wanted to check how the progress was going with the cottage , as she saw it the out side was done but the inside wasn't finished yet. Ruby glanced at the cottage threw the large picture windows in the duplex and chuckled .

" its almost ready" she said and Aria nodded " looking forward to moving in?" she asked Aria looked at her and smiled.

"yeah, not that its not been fun but i think you and Angus ned your own space , of course Marcus and I will still be here for the mornings and make sure all's locked up at night too" she said to Ruby
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 82 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top