A Birth day - Page 18
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 18 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 18 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 pm

"Well, for a project like this, since it would obviously be tied to the main house, Jack and the outdoor crew could do this," Angus said. "Once we had the materials, we'd have to put in the water and gas and electrical lines underneath. Then we'd have to cover that up and level it out again, and we'd have to set the big supports pretty deep into concrete, and that takes time to dig out the post holes for supports that big. Then the concrete has to be mixed and poured, and then, there's no way around it, we have to wait til it completely dries before we do anything more to it. For concrete to totally cure and be ready to do much of anything on it, it takes 28 days. We can expedite it to some degree, but we couldn't safely expedite it by much more than half. So, we'd have to wait 14 days before we could add the roof on. However, we could put down some decorative concrete flooring for what would be under the pergola. That could be done while we're waiting. From start to finish, we're probably looking at six to eight weeks because the project would have to be done in stages, with some waiting time in between those stages. Make sense?"

"He's saying its' very do-able but it isn't going to go up in a day or two," Marcus said. "To do it right, so that it holds up long term, it will take some time, and he's well aware of how darned impatient people around here get sometimes."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:39 pm

Ruby and Aria chuckled and nodded " oh we know" they said together and laughed as they had spoke together " e get that its not going up tomorrow dear" Aria said and went to retrieve the toasted sandwiches to place them on the table " but I also think Jack can get some grounds men to start it " she added while Ruby looked at the drawing again .

"it will be great to have once its done" she said as Aria placed down the tray with the sandwiches on the table " wonder if Edwards ready yet?" she asked as she then moved to sit down facing Angus on the sofa while she rad the paper that had appeared.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 pm

"Well, that depends on when Robert gives the okay to it," Angus said. "I'll talk to him as soon as I can, but since lunch is almost ready, I might put that off until after we eat."

"I'll go over and help Edward carry that big stockpot over," Marcus said. He went over to Edwards, and the two of them carried the pot over together and put it on the stove and turned the heat on low just to keep the soup hot. Simone came over and busied herself in getting out bowls and spoons and some cold drinks.

Ginger and Anise came upstairs together. Ginger went immediately to help Simone, and Simone sent her with the soup bowls to Edward to get the soup ladeled into the bowls. Angus got up and went over to Anise.

"How are you doing?" he asked, as she folded herself around him. He gave her a hug. "How's your head?"

"Hurts," she told him quietly, "but I'm getting hungry."

"That's a good sign. Edward's made a really healthy soup. That should make you feel a bit better. Come sit down. What can I get you to drink?"

"Lemonade? With ice? Do we have any?"

"If we don't have any, I'll make some," he told her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:01 am

Ruby nodded as Marcus said he would help Edward carry the large pot over and she saw Angus head down to Anise she smiled as Simone placed out the plates and cutlery she took out a glass and pored a lemonade into it and added Ice . With a flick she sent it down to Anise knowing she would be thirsty when she woke.

Aria watched it float down to Anise and followed it smiling a she saw Anise talking to Angus. " Ruby thought you'd be thirsty so she sent that for you" she said then headed back up " foods almost ready" she called back as she headed back up to the living room.

Ruby helped lay out the bowls and cutlery with Simone until Caprice became cranky and wanted to help too. Ruby picked her up and placed her into her high chair handing her the plastic spoon she was to use and she seemed happy with it. She picked up Dimond and did the sawm but Dimond sat watching what was going on around her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:15 am

Ginger gave Angus and Anise and Sam the first bowls of soup since they were the injured ones. She and Edward filled soup bowls for everyone, and they set up the cheeseboard for all the Fae and took it outside. Then the two of them took out soup and sandwiches for the very grateful Fae. Victor came home for lunch just as it was all ready.

"You're just in time," Edward told him. "Come and eat."

"I could smell it all the way to the barn. I think some of the guys were getting jealous. They said it smelled like their gran's homemade vegetable soup."

"You can tell them its your granddad's Italian vegetable soup. They'll understand that. They wouldn't understand the name if you told them," Edward replied.

"We wouldn't understand the name either," Sam replied.

"Well, maybe you should learn Italian since half your family is Italian now," Edward said.

"Maybe," Victor said.

"I'd learn it before Vic could," Sam said. "He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to language arts."

"What? I got A's in English, and you got B's," Victor said.

"I got A's in Spanish, and you got C's. No contest," Sam said.

"Bet me? I'll learn it quicker than you."

"Yeah, I bet you. I bet you supper for all four of us at that pizza place in the village near Edward's place," Sam said.

"You're on," Victor said. "Whichever one of us speaks better Italian in one month's time."

"Done," Sam said.

"Well, this should be fun," Edward laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:24 am

Ruby heard Sam and Victor and chuckled as she walked over to Angus " they sound like Robert and Edward" she said softly "not that I'm complaining , if it get them both speaking a duel language I say good on them" she said then looked to Anise " lemonade okay?" she asked as she smiled at her " I added ice as I know it will help "

Aria helped dish up then took a bowl for herself and some sandwiches to add to it. Sitting down she began to eat with the babies eating what they could. " this is really good , not had it before but might see if Edward will give us the recipe, or do you have it already?" she asked hoping Angus had it so they could try and make it again on another day.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:41 am

"Well," Angus said, "the recipe I have is Rosaria's recipe. Edward won't give me his recipe."

"You know why, don't you?" Edward asked.

"Because its a secret?"

"No. Because I've never written it down. I've never measured anything in it. I just know about how much of each thing goes in the pot," Edward laughed.

"So, that means the next time you make it, someone here is going to have to sit with you and watch you and write down everything you add and how much of it there is," Angus said.

"Pretty much," Edward nodded.

"So what's the name actually mean?" Anise asked.

"Pasta and beans," Angus said.

"That's it?"

"Uh huh," Angus nodded. "Italian cooking isn't really complicated. Its just about the freshest, local ingredients put together well."

"You know what I want to learn how to do?" Ginger asked.

"No. Tell me."

"I want to learn how to toss a pizza up in the air."

"Oh, when you make a crust?"

"Yeah."

"I can teach you that. Or so can Edward."

"Yes," Edward said. "but Angus has learned to make and throw some extra large crusts, and that's tricky business."

"I'll show you the next time we make pizza," Angus said. "The best way to do it without poking holes in it, is to catch the dough on the back of your knuckles, not your fingertips. And you have to be able to really watch your wrist movement. It takes a really quick, sharp flick of the wrist." He showed her the movement with one hand, and then, of course, all the kids were trying to copy it. Ginger seemed to get it straight away.

"What? Really? That's how its done?"

"Well, its one way," Angus said. "Good job, Ginger. Looks like all you need now is some dough to try it with."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:46 am

Ruby listened to them talking and smiled seeing how relaxed every one was now that Anise was home. She chuckled when Angus showed Ginger how to toss the dough for pizza bases " why not make that the first thing you cook in the out door oven once its built" she suggested to them both. " you could practice inside for now, just no pizza dough on the celling please" she said and chuckled.

Aria chuckled as she finished her food and placed her bowl in the kitchen she chuckled again as Ruby said no dough on the kitchen ceiling. " well if Angus is right its going to take six weeks or more to get it ready to use, oh Marcus did you contact that interior designer friend of yours to do the inside of the cottage?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 am

"I did. She's been through the cottage, and she's doing sketches and gathering up some fabric swatches," Marcus said. "It might take her a little because there are a lot of rooms to take care of but I sent her a written list of what I thought we were wanting. Once we see what she has in mind, we can change things from there or give her the go-ahead. I told her I really want her to comb the flea markets and auctions and estate sales and charity shops. I want as many antiques and vintage pieces as we can find. I don't want imitation antiques if we can find some of those big sturdy pieces that have lasted hundreds of years."

"It sounds like it will be a great place when you get it all together," Edward said.

"I certainly hope so. I want the kids and future generations to be able to come and not be afraid to kick their shoes off and just be at home and be comfortable. If its filled with Royal Doulton china and whatnot, they'll feel like they have to be on pins and needles all the time. I want them to know that everything is replaceable but them and that they can always come home. With Evelyn, they never had a proper home, and my places have largely just been weekend visitation spots at best. My parents' place is as close to a permanent home as they've had. I dont want to take that away from them, but I want them to know that they can finally have a stable, steady home here too anytime they want it."

"Well, you have your priorities straight, but I think the kids already know that. From what little I've seen them, they seem like they are completely devoted to you," Edward said. "They seem like they're good kids."

"That's my parents' doing. My work has always taken me away from them. They do understand now because they're older, but I seriously doubt I'd ever get a father of the year award," Marcus said.

"Well, you'd get an award from them far before they'd give their mother an award," Angus said.

"Oh, they'd crown her alright," Marcus said sarcastically. That made them laugh.

"I'm going back for more soup," Sam said. "Anyone else want more?"

"I would, if you don't mind," Marcus said.

"Not at all," Sam said, taking Marcus's bowl to add more soup in it. "Anyone else?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 am

Aria listened to Marcus and smiled " sounds good" she said listening to him talk about how the house should be a home first and not a show house at any point " on that we do agree2 she said smiling then chuckled when he said he would not win father of the year " I think you kids would disagree on that" she said chuckling as she listened to Edward talk to him then heard him say they would crown Evelynn and this made her laugh slightly " oh yeah they so would" she said looking at Marcus she heard Sam ask if any one wanted more and she shook her head " no thank you I'm stuffed" she said and looked to Edward " it was really great to eat." she said to him.

Ruby smiled as Marcus spoke of the cottage and Aria agreed with him. " seems you have it all sorted and the flea markets are a great place to find vintage furniture" she said as she picked up her bowl and looked at Anise " would you like another bowl?" she asked as she saw Sam dish up more for himself.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 59 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top