A Birth day - Page 69
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 69 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 69 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:26 am

Ruby heard Angus and chuckled " I'll call if I need help and great, thanks guys" she said as she watched them change the babies and throw out the old diapers as she stirred the gravy until it thickened and she pored it over the roasts and into a gravy boat for those who wanted extra over the meat. " okay dinner is ready" she said bringing out the roast and placing them on the sideboard along with the potatoes and veg. " okay Roast gravy Veg.." have I forgot anything else?" she asked Angus as she placed down plates and cutlery watching the boys ley it all out for her " thanks guys" she said with a smile.

Aria finished her run and headed inside seeing dinner was ready she headed up to their room and showered returning to sit on the couch with a book she had been reading earlier as she watched every one ready for dinner.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:14 am

"Salad with hot bacon dressing, and sauteed brussels," Angus said, bringing those dishes to the table. He dished up bowls and platters for the Fae tables, shrank them and served them. The girls came fairly bouncing downstairs.

"Evan says we can come," Anise said excitedly.

"Come and eat," Angus said calmly. "And then go and pack your things."

"Going?" Sam asked, disappointed, as everyone took their seats at the table.

"Just for the night," Anise said.

"Don't ask," Angus told the boys. "You have to work in the morning, and they have school."

"Yeah, we know," Victor said, taking his place at the table beside Ginger.

"Don't sit over there if you're hungry, Aria," Angus said. "Come fix your plate." Angus was just sitting down at the table, when he heard a knock. He got up and went to the door. It was Robert, and he motioned Angus outside to have a private word. Angus stepped outside and closed the door.

"She's loose, isn't she?"

"Yeah. She is. She somehow freed herself of the binding spell, killed four aurors and escaped. One of the aurors she killed was one that was on Aria's squad before she left the ministry to join us...."

"Do me a favor. Don't tell her tonight," Angus said. "There's a bit of trouble in paradise."

"What about?"

"She's got some idea in her head that Marcus is going to face Priscilla by himself. Marcus and I were talking about Priscilla coming back, and she just tried to lay claims on Marcus and told him that if he were going to be facing Priscilla she was going to be partnering with him..."

"Well, first of all, she's completely out of line," Robert said. "That's not her right to assign herself to any team for any mission, and she, of all people, should know that. She would have never let random aurors just assign themselves to go wherever the hell she went and partner with her. When she was a team leader, she knew those choices were hers. She's not a team leader here, and she should know that's not her call here. That's my damn call, and if she gets too effing cocky about it, I'll demote her. However, I have the right to decide who will or won't face Priscilla at all. And as a team leader, she would never want someone that was overly emotional to be on any team for a mission.

"I would never ever leave Marcus to fight Priscilla alone. As long as she's after me, I will be there to face her. At this point, I honestly think Marcus is feeling like he just legally got rid of a controlling wife only to have his girlfriend try to control him and tell him what he is and isn't going to do, and I truly think it pisses him off."

"If it continues to get too uncomfortable, I'll switch him and David, but I'd rather have Marcus with you. Marcus's skills are better than David's. David's good, but Marcus is better. Oh, and this is yours. Its from Madame Maxime." He handed Angus an envelope. Angus opened it and read it.

"It's a formal written apology, and she states she's grateful all her students are alive, and the damage to the school was minimal. She states we're welcome at Beauxbaton's she's looking forward to seeing the girls at the next dueling match," Angus said.

"Well, good. I'm glad that's cleared up."

"Even if they cancelled the ball," Angus sighed.

"I expect they may reschedule that if they can find some way to keep Priscilla out of the school," Robert said. "How's the wound? Is it bleeding?"

"No, I don't think so. Can we just not mess with it tonight?"

"If you let me check it in the morning, then fine. But if it starts to bleed, you call me. I don't care what time it is," Robert said. Angus nodded. "I won't interfere with Marcus and Aria--except if they can't settle it and it interferes with their jobs."

"Understood," Angus said.

"I'll talk to you in the morning, then," Robert said, turning and heading back to the house. Angus tucked the note in his pocket and came back inside and returned to the table.

"He brought a formal apology to me from Beauxbaton's," Angus told them quietly. He looked at Ginger and Anise. "The headmistress looks forward to seeing both you girls back at the next dueling match."

"You think we should go?"

"Yes. I do. You need to compete with the others. I think its important for you if you want to fight," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:41 pm

Ruby smiled seeing Angus bring what she ahs forgot " thank you dear" she said as she saw the boys walk down and sit next to Ginger and Anise. She walked over and checked the babies but they sat quiet in their crib. She returned as she saw Aria make a plate and sit back on the couch to eat quietly.

Ruby sat down and sighed but before she could say anything she heard the knock on the door. " go" she said softly as she placed a warming charm on his plate to keep the food warm. When he returned she hear what he said and shook her head. It was now a note flew threw the floo to Aria , with out saying a word she opened it once done she placed down her hardly touched plate and started to walk towards the back door..

"I'm going out" Aria said softly and headed quickly for the door, transfiguring to her dove form and flying off. Ruby looked at Angus.

do you know what that was about?" she asked as she ate her food and listened to the girls " oh its like getting back on a hoarse after you fall off, got to do it or you'll never do it" she said " and Angus is right , practice makes perfect, plus strength and speed." she added with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:02 pm

"I have no idea," Angus said to Ruby. "You know Aria far better than I do, but I presume if she had wanted us to know she'd have told us. I know Robert brought me that note, and I know he said Priscilla did escape. I'm glad, though, that I told Jack and Robert that was a possibility so they could tighten up security. I think we're probably as safe as we can be for one night. Unless Suzanne gives her some sort of portkey, Priscilla isn't going to be able to just pop in."

"I would feel better if we had some idea where she was, though," Marcus said.

"Well, maybe I can get a line on that," Angus said. He went over to the floo and tried to connect to Owens.

"What's up, Boss?" Owens asked.

"Any idea what's happening at the Gelding house tonight?"

"Um...yeah. Hold on, let me see. Just got fresh intel there and haven't had time to look. Um...Irene says a black couple were brought in by a couple of Tom's thugs. And apparently, when they arrived, Tom actually came out of the house and started to read them the riot act. Tom was obviously not happy about something, and then he pointed the black couple to the house and ordered them to, as Irene phrased it, 'get the hell in the bloody house.'"

"Oh, well, now, that's very interesting. I think that might mean that we could have a peaceful evening here," Angus said.

"Hopefully. We have a small but high priced auction that we're trying to stop. It's not very big, so we won't need additional fighters tonight, I don't think."

"If you do, let us know."

"Certainly, and if we can help you stay safe, you let us know here. We'll be happy to help."

"Understood. Thanks," Angus said. He closed the floo, and he went back to the table. "Sounds like Tom isn't happy with today's stunt, for some reason, and he is trying to reel them in a bit."

"That might be a very good thing for us," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:22 pm

Ruby looked at Angus and nodded " that's true, best leave her alone for now" she said as she ate " foods wonderful" she said with a smile as she saw Marcus and heard Pricilla was out , listening to Angus she chuckled as he walked back to the table. "He sounds like a father scolding his unruly children, and so he should" she said eating more of the roast.

Aria flew to the sink hole and stood looking out over the sea from where she sat. Below she saw Jack walking his rounds as he stopped he spoke " you can't hind forever" he said looking up at her. She flew down and turned back to her human form.

" how do you deal with all this...bull shit, the deaths" she asked him standing not too close to the edge of the cliff she faced.

" talk to people , open up about things , don't hide or run." he told her " I told Robert what I was the moment he saw me, because I needed him to trust me, and he did, Jess told him about the torture she went threw at the hands of some mad man when we found her, its the beginning of healing, so who'd you lose?" he asked.

Aria turned and looked at him, " today would have been my brothers birthday and then I found out about Denarius, An Auror I worked with, he still had a lot of years ahead of him, but he was killed at the school by Pricilla's men."

" Ah and it opened old wounds, but why aren't you talking to Marcus about this, thought you guys were...you know" he said and saw her look up at him.

"I don't know, too close I guess" she said

" that or you think what happened to your brother and friend will happened to him so your pushing him away?" Jack said to her but again Aria just stood silent. " that's it isn't it, Marcus is trained by the best to be the best , he can handle Pricilla with one hand tied behind his back, you underestimate his abilities, next time he's out for a run or on the assault course or duelling, watch him " Jack said Aria shifted on her feet .

"I have and do watch him." she could say no more as Jack shook his head and chuckled.

"my dear Aria, you see what he wants you to see, not what is beneath all that, the carful calculations and observations, the patients that gets to you is because he's checking and rechecking making sure everything is perfect." Jack said " come on lets get back its late and I'm sure they will want to lock up for the night." Aria shook her head.

"I want to stay out here for a bit then I'll head back" she said as Jack shook his shoulders and walked back towards the duplex leaving her still looking out over the ocean in front of her. Jack knocked on the duplex door as he smelt the roast from inside.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:43 pm

Marcus had refilled his whiskey glass and Angus's. Angus was taking his dishes to the sink, and the girls had hurried downstairs to pack to go to Evan's. Angus did understand what was motivating them. They were not happy with the drama that was going on between Aria and Marcus. That was the drama that had made Evan take his family and go home, and Anise and Ginger wanted no part of it. Angus was letting them escape it.

He had treated Finn to not only a trip outside but also a little piece of the crown roast and a spoonful of gravy mixed in with his kibbles, and the border collie felt he was in heaven. When there was a knock on the door, Angus answered it.

"Oh, hi, Jack, come in. We've got plenty left from supper. Crown roast and potatoes, if you're hungry. You're welcome to fix a plate if you want. Or, we're enjoying some firewhiskey if you'd like one," Angu said. "Talked to Owens just a few minutes ago about Priscilla, and it sort of sounds like maybe Tom has reeled her and Dominick in for the night. I hope it stays that way for a day or so. So, what's up?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:54 pm

Jack saw the door open and smelled the roast walking in he listened to Angus " how I would love to be a fly on that wall" he said " and thanks, Jess has me on some salad diet." he said as Ruby handed him a full plate and chuckled.

Ruby cleared the table and put dishes in the washer " Angus want I should take them to Evens or do you want to do it to get some fresh air?" she asked as Jack handed her his now empty plate. " that was fast?" she said and Jack chuckled.

"it was that good, thanks" he said " oh I did see Aria she's out by the sink hole , not doing anything bad just I think thinking, we talked I talked and well I left her to it" he said " she'll be back, oh I have the charms and barrier strengthened , to the max and age lines around too so nobody who isn't meant to be here, just in case and the grounds staff are all on alert." he paused and raised his hands " just in case" he added with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:10 pm

"I'll take them," Angus said. "The air would do Marcus and me good." He listened to Jack talking about running into Aria out by the sinkhole. "Yeah, maybe she needs some air too. I don't know her terribly well, even though she's been living here."

"She's got decisions to make, I think," Marcus told Jack. "Apparently, her brother died in that battle we had with Priscilla in New Orleans, and despite all the months she's been sharing my room and my bed here, she just decided to finally tell us that tonight. This team does not work that way. Never has, never will. Robert's probably going to cut her in half for not telling him as soon as she found out. And she's irked with me that I told her she doesn't get to just assign herself to go along with me on my assignments. That just isn't going possible every time, nor is it her choice to make. And Robert's going to probably cut her in half about that too if she thinks she can make that stick. Neither of those things sit well with me at all. So maybe she needs some time to clear her head. I'm sure we'll talk eventually."

"Thank you for shoring up security, Jack," Angus said. "Helps me breathe easier. I know I don't say it enough, but I really do appreciate all you do to help keep us safe. You definitely are the right man for the outdoor job." As he was speaking, Minos came over with something teeny tiny in his hands. Angus held out his hands, and Minos dropped a bunch of teeny tiny things into it. Angus had to look very closely to see what it was. Then he laughed. "Minos--my friend, am I to take it that all these dollhouse pitchers you've shrunken are a request to open an ale and fill you lot up on some beer?" Minos nodded vigorously. Angus laughed. "Hey, Ru? Can you resize these microscopic pitchers and open up the Fae bar for them? They'd like some beer."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:27 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded " all right I'll make sure suppers ready when you get back but no fwi's please." she saw Jack look puzzled at her and chuckled " flying while intoxicated" she said and Jack chuckled nodding his head he understood. Listening to Marcus he held up his hands.

"That's between you and her, all I can say is that today would have been his birthday and that's why she's snappy, as she told me." he said " but your right , she needs to decide what she wants to do, can't run your life nor be rouge in the organisation and we all know Robert doesn't like rouges" Jack said then looked to Angus again n" she also mentioned one of her ex team was killed at the school too."

Ruby watched as the girls quickly went downstairs and packed for the night " you girls ready?" she asked as she then saw Minos and chuckled when Angus asked her to resize the glasses . Taking out her wand she did just that and grabbed some that were about to fall off his lap. " sorry I should have put them on the floor " She chuckled and once they were all right side up and in place she refilled them placing each back on the tables as she did so " wow these guys can drink, there almost as bad as Jack " she said and saw him shake his head.

"one time I got blitzed and you won't let it go." he said with a chuckle.

"hey I wasn't the one that kileld Kates hawthorn bush by" it was now Jack stood up and placed his hand over her mouth.

" oh no that's between us, and you only saw because I was drunk, really drunk" he said but as soon as he removed his hand she looked at the babies then back to Marcus and Angus .

"he peed on it" she said softly making Jack groan but Ruby chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:45 pm

"I'm not asking you to get involved, Jack," Marcus told him. "I'm not planning on getting involved in her thoughts and feelings at this point either because she seems to want to do that on her own. I'm sure she'll either get it worked out, or Robert will make her choices for her at some point."

The girls came upstairs, each of them with a bag.

"Yeah. We're ready," Ginger said. "Whenever someone has time to take us."

"We've seen you in a lot more compromising situations than that," Angus laughed. "But we won't tell Kate that. After all, I haven't told her that the reason the hawthorn bush went from white to pink right after that happened was because I replaced it, and they brought the bush the landscapers sold me was mis-tagged as white when it was pink. I let her wonder if someone had tinkered with the bush in some other way than just peeing on it. So we'll just let her be happy with her little pink bush."

"Do you trust me to get to Evan's and back?" Angus asked Marcus.

"No," Marcus said, swallowing his drink. "Well, that's not precisely true. I do trust you. Robert doesn't trust Priscilla. So, I will be tagging along. Let's go, shall we? Grab your things, Girls."

"We'll be back in a couple minutes," Angus told Ruby. He and Marcus grabbed the girls and ported them to Evan's.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 100 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top