A Birth day - Page 84
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 84 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 84 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 92 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 84 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:23 pm

Ruby listened and nodded to Angus's suggestion about Mikey. " that would be a great idea I second it" she said and chuckled. Turning to see Kate return with the babies she chuckled " I wondered why they were quiet for so long" she said as Aria finished her food and smiled at both babies.

"oh boy cranky babies" she said walking over to the play pen and making a stuffed rabbit dance making them chuckle before they started to shout again for Kate " well I did my part" she said and chuckled picking up her book to read.

Ruby looked at Kate as she wondered how to get them to calm down then she made some breakfast for them and placed it in the pen " okay guys eat nicely" she said and hoped they would want food more than fighting. She walked over to Kate " you think it will work?" she asked softly to her because if not you might have to teach me that spell" she said with a chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:40 pm

"They'll be fine," Kate said. "I was only distracting them so they wouldn't get irked that I didn't have breakfast with me."

"Alright," Robert said, looking at his watch. I hate to eat and run, but I have to get to work. Angus, come with me, and I'll give you a little bit of potion to keep you awake. I don't want you dozing off while I'm not here, not until I have a better solution." Angus got up and followed, and that meant, of course that Marcus had to follow.

When they got to the main house, Robert took them downstairs.

"I am not going to head off to work until I've treated whatever marks you have from that dream, Angus. You said you had a few more bruises than the couple I saw on your collarbone," Robert said. "Show me." Angus took his shirt off, and Robert frowned seriously.

"Jesus," Robert said, "you're a mess. Sit. I can't possibly go until I've taken care of this." He set about touching the welts to start reducing the swelling in them. "The discoloration will go away in a day or so from the welts. The bruises will take longer, you know. Marcus, get into the cabinet and get some of the bruise potion."

"You want me to start applying it on the bruises?" Marcus asked.

"If you don't mind. That will take some of the pain out of them," Robert said. The two of them worked steadily until they had treated every bruise and welt and mark. "I'll send pain potion with you, but it's a little heavier, and I will send you a bit of awakening potion. Marcus, if he does nap, make sure you stay right with him and wake him regularly. Don't let him sleep very long at one time. I don't want her getting her hooks in him while I'm gone. If worse comes to worse, you'll have to page me home if he goes to sleep and you can't wake him."

"You think that could happen?" Marcus asked.

"Hell, yes, I think it could. Look these marks. What he's dreaming about is really happening to him to some degree, and if she gets her chance, I can't say for certain if she would or would not have the capacity to kill him in his sleep."

"Understood, then," Marcus said.

"If I get a chance, I'll pick Nigel's brain today. Maybe he'll have some ideas. Or maybe we can come up with something together."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:48 pm

Ruby smiled as Kate said she only did it to take their mind off the fact they had not eaten yet " okay so now they have food they should settle down" Ruby said and looked over at the play pen seeing them happily eating together and she nodded " oh and thank you for taking over the tin for Mr McGregor. I know he must not be eating because of the worry about his farm, I know I would, and am, I worry that Pricilla's going to harm Angus I saw how stiff he was this morning" she admitted to Kate " I didn't say anything because not my place and Roberts dealing with it." she said then looked back at Kate " I wish I could ring her neck to stop her harming my man" she admitted.

Aria looked up and nodded knowing Marcus had gone with Angus. " she's defiantly done something to him, he's not normally this stoic in the morning" she admitted closing her book and placing it down next to her as she picked up the now empty bowls " wow look at that two empty bowls." she said and chuckled as she moved to put them in the sink for washing. seeing Kate and Robert leave they waved to them both " see you again£ Aria said smiling to them as they left.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:02 am

"This is going to be one fight that he'll need my help for," Kate said. "This isn't the same problem as her infiltrating his dreams. He wasn't dreaming. I'm sure to him it looked like and felt like he was dreaming, but he wasn't. This is seer's stuff, and its rare, it's real, and very powerful. There's just a few cases like this on record. Robert and I need to see if there is a way we can, basically, shut the door between them. New seers don't have the training yet to be able to stop people from having access to them, so it's like living in a neighborhood of thieves and leaving the door open to your entire vault of things. It can be very overwhelming. I can teach him how to determine who he lets in and who he doesn't but that's like any other learning process. It takes time and practice. And in the meantime, Robert and I need to see if we can find a way to block her from having any sort of access to him.

"You need to know, though," Kate explained, "that while Suzanne was just harassing him to exhaustion, Priscilla has different motivation entirely. She wants to kill him, and she's actually trying. He actually has some sort of marks from last night. Robert opened the collar on his shirt and saw Angus had a few bruises across his collarbone. I'm sure Robert wants a private word just between the two of them, and he wants to make sure Angus is alright. I presume Robert will try to see if Nigel knows anything to help, and I'll try to contact Iya in New Orleans to see if she has something too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:08 am

Ruby listened to Kate talk and nodded as she continued " and that's something we don't understand not being seers" she said softly Jess walked over and smiled to her.

"but by being with him your giving him the strength to fight her even in his dreams" she said and looked to Kate. " you staying strong for him makes him strong too" she added and Ruby looked at Jess then Kate .

" I saw them too he didn't think I did but I did, I'll leave him to you two to lock her out of his mind and close that door" she said and took a deep breath " I worry but not that much now you told me, thank you" she added and chuckled seeing two pairs of eyes peeking over the pen wall " we're being spied on" she said and Jess looked over and chuckled and motioned to Kate to look as well.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:18 am

Kate levitated Caprice with her wand and bounced her up and down in the air a bit, and Caprice wasn't the least bit afraid. She bounced her up and down while Caprice laughed. Then she did the same for Diamond. When she put them down again in the playpen, both of them seemed to be satisfied for the moment, and they laid back, rather lazily playing with a couple toys.

"Looks like they might settle for an after breakfast snooze," Edward said. He picked up the tin with the cinnamon rolls. "I'll go get Simone, and we'll go see McGregor. See you lot later."

Angus and Marcus came back from the main house, and Angus went out to help the garden crew. Marcus felt Angus was safe enough with the crew in the garden enough for him to go inside and get some fresh coffee.

"Angus is out with the crew in the garden," Marcus told Ruby. "I'm getting some more coffee, and then I'll go out and keep an eye on things.'
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:23 am

Ruby and Aria both chuckled as Kate levitated the babies making Caprice giggle as well as Dimond then set them both back in the pen where they settled down quietly. Hearing Edward Ruby thanked him and smiled as she saw Marcus return letting her know Angus was outside with the garden crew " that's okay, here" she said handing him two fresh made cups of coffee " fresh made , thought he and you could use it" she said.

" is it true Priscillas been attacking him in his sleep?" Aria asked Marcus as she walked over to stand with Ruby " Kate mentioned to us she had been hurting him while he slept and that's where his marks came from that Ruby saw this morning." she asked as she stood facing him " we understand about leaving it to Kate and Jess to help him close that door to stop her, just so you know" she added to let him know they were concerned but would not step on any toes about it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:34 am

"Well, yes and no," Marcus said. "She is attacking him, but according to Robert and Kate, Angus isn't actually asleep in those states. It's a seer's state of some sort. There's a state that some seers can do, sort of in a type of astral projection, where they leave their bodies behind, and their spirits go elsewhere for awhile. Khaat actually does it quite often when she communicates with Remus.

"It seems his spirit leaves somehow or is taken by Priscilla," Marcus continued, "and he ends up in some sort of contest with her. He hasn't talked to me yet about it, but I knew he wasn't himself this morning. He'll talk to me sooner or later. I rather think he just hasn't figured out how to deal with it yet himself. I rather think it would be rather disconcerting to be swiped out of your body and taken elsewhere to get into fisticuffs with something. As for the marks, he's got them bloody everywhere. He's covered. I've seen those shapes and colors of marks before on others. I know what makes those particular marks. No offense, but it isn't the sort of thing he's going to want to share with anyone. I'll try to get him to at least talk to me at some point. I'm giving him a little space this morning so he can try to understand it himself. Khaat might be of some help to him too. She's had to learn how to control that because she went through a time when a criminal named Neo's kidnapped her and tried to kill her. Damned near succeeded. But that's a story for another time. Suffice it to say, she does understand first hand what he's going through."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:40 am

Ruby and Aria both listened to Marcus and sighed " we'd probably never understand not having that ability but yeah we'll give him space , thank for letting us know a bit more about it" Ruby said to Marcus " it explains why he never moved last night" she said as Aria looked to Marcus.

"I'll stay with Ruby while you watch Angus, I'm guessing Robert told you to watch him when he sleeps if that's when she attacks him?" she asked Marcus a she looked at him. Glancing behind she chuckled looking out the window to the garden " seems they're putting in some flowers now," she said seeing some brightly coloured flowers pass by with Jack carrying some bulbs to plant.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:58 am

"Yes," Marcus replied. "I'm not as worried while he's busy, but he can't do that forever, especially after the beating he took overnight. I'm sure a part of him would rather be taking it easy today, but he knows the risks, so he's pushing. I honestly think that Priscilla will need to sleep at some point, so if we can find out when that is, then he might be able to sleep while she's sleeping. At this point, that would just be a calculated guess on my part, but I'm presuming that, because she was known for doing a good portion of here rituals at night, he might be safe to sleep a bit during the day because I'm wagering that's when she'll be sleeping. It's worth a try."

He looked out to check on Angus, decided Angus was not going to sleep while he was working, and as he turned back, he saw Minos right in front of his face.

"Oh! Hello, Minos. Can I do something for you?" Minos shook his head and gave Marcus a gesture that suggested that Minos thought he could do something for Marcus. "Oh, well, I'm all ears. What's your thought?"

Minos used a lot of gestures, but basically, he was suggesting that he believed he could make a potion that was a Fae potion that would create a very short lasting block of Angus' seer's abilities.

"You think it would block Priscilla?" Marcus asked. Minos gave him a rather complicated gesture that suggested it wouldn't last for more than an hour or two at best since Angus was human, but Minos believe it might be worth a try. "I think that when Edward gets back, we should ask him about him giving you a hand. Heh has a small lab over at his place. I think Edward would be willing to give it a go. Thank you, Minos." Minos signaled to Marcus that he considered Angus his first human friend, and that meant a lot of him.

"Minos thinks he has an idea that might block Priscilla from Angus for an hour or two at a time," Marcus told Ruby and Aria. "I think it's worth letting him try, don't you?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 84 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 92 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top