A Birth day - Page 83
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 83 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 83 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:26 pm

Jack chuckled and nodded " hey should have seen the other guy, he's probably not feeling well today ether." Jack said then saw Robert and Kate enter. Ruby looked up and looked to Angus a she said it was him. Even she was confused at Kate chuckling at his words she shrugged and nodded.

"hey I'm alight sleeper with Caprice" she said chuckling " but he's right though I'd have woken if he had moved even an inch" she looked from Robert to Kate and back " so what's kept you awake and how did he do it?" she asked handing both a cup of coffee aa Aria brought over a plate of warm rolls for them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:44 pm

"We'll get back to you on that," Robert told Ruby, following Kate upstairs. They were gone about ten minutes, and when they came back downstairs, none of the three of them looked particularly happy.

"Angus didn't do anything," Robert told them. "Kate was picking up on some dark energies during the night, and it appears that Suzanne is using an old trick, but she's using Priscilla to do it. She's got Priscilla going after Angus in his sleep again."

"More dreamless sleep potion?" Marcus asked

"No," Robert replied. "I don't want to risk that this time because she's technically not using his sleep state to access him. She's using his new seer's abilities. If I use a dreamless sleep potion, I could trap him in a sleep state for hours at a time, and since she's accessing his abilities, she could actually hurt him. I'll have to come up with something entirely different--some way he can get some sleep but she can't get to him. And right now, I don't know how I'm going to do that. I'll come up with something but it might take me some time to figure something out. Right now, he's actually safer if he doesn't sleep, but that isn't going to work for more than 48 hours at best. So I have a damned short window to figure something out."

"That, or find a way to let me follow into his dream state with him," Marcus said.

"Well, I'll keep that as a suggestion but that isn't going to be any easier," Robert replied. "So, now, let's backburner this for now. Why are we here, besides having breakfast."

"One of our local elderly needs our help," Angus said. "McGregor. He lost his barn and his coops and his chickens some weeks ago. Marcus and I took a fly over last night, and the fire took part of the house too. If we dont' step up and help, he isn't going to be able to support himself."

"Is he the squib that has the good chickens and the really great eggs?"

"Not anymore," Angus said. "We have abundance in everything. I think that creates in us all some responsibility to extend a hand to those in need. I want to get enough of a crew and materials to do an old fashioned barn raising. We can rebuild his barn and his coops and his house and get him more chickens and put him back in business. And if I get a big enough crew, I think we could do it in the scope of about 7-10 days."

"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:52 pm

Ruby watched them head up to the bed rom and return soon after , she sat and listened to Robert explained what had happened she was not happy that Sussanne was up to her old ticks again " some days I think you shot the wrong parent" she said to Angus her arms cross but when Robert said to table it and asked why they were there she listened to Angus explain about McGregor's farm. Jack nodded as Angus explained.

" we have a pair of laying hens and we have a second rooster, we were going to get rid of him but he can have him and those two hens to kick start him" Jack said and I got some volunteers for rebuilding too" Ruby looked at him and nodded.

" we can do baking to help feed every one while they work" Ruby said and looked to Aria who chuckled and nodded she agreed too.

" think of it as motivation" she said looking to Jack who chuckled and nodded.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:11 pm

"Well, to do all the work we'd need to do, we need a huge crew. When muggle farmers do just a barn, they need a crew of about 150,' Robert said. "I am a farmer, you know. I know about barn raisings. We can cut the time down to about 5 to 7 days if there are no muggles around. Even so, we can't do it in that time unless we'd have a crew of at least 80 men, and a good portion of the work has to be done by hand--without magic."

"Not a problem. I can swing a hammer with the best of 'em," Angus said.

"Me too. You'd be surprised what necessity can have you do when you're alone in some godforsaken place on a mission," Marcus said.

"I'll give you a bit less than half of your crew," Edward said. "I'll give my Tuscany crew a week's worth of double pay if they join. That'll give you 25 to 30. And I'll guess that perhaps you can get another ten from Fenrir's pack."

"I'll pay Fenrir's crew, and I'll match your double pay wages, Edward. Our crews can give about twenty before we'd hurt our own security and farm operations," Robert said. That still leaves us shy, though, by about twenty."

"I'll talk to my chef friends. They step up when they know there's a need, and I'll bet they'll keep the crew fed too," Angus said.

"And, we should talk to our friends and see if any of them will help. Maybe we can patch the rest of them together," Robert said. "Angus, can you put together a plan for lodging for the Tuscan crew member? And provisions for everyone?"

"Of course," Angus said. "What about some of the people at St. Mungo's? Sometimes they like a good cause. Maybe Jess can find a few who would like to lend a hand to an old squib in need."

"I'll get a list of materials put together for the construction. but now, someone needs to go talk to McGregor," Robert said.

"Well, I had one of two ideas. I don't mind talking to him, but the other idea I had was just showing up with the material and the crew and telling him we're doing it," Angus said. That made Edward laugh.

"Old folks like to still have choice. I'll go talk to him," Edward said. "Since I'm the oldest one here."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:20 pm

Aria and Ruby sat and listened Aria soke up " I can ask some of my old crew to come help that's if they all come about twenty" she said and wrote a note sending it out to copy to all around with the names of her crew on. " might take a day or two but I'll here back" she said Jack looked back to Robert as he spoke.

"you know Jessie and I can do the work of two men, if you bring in Fenrir's men that barn ill go up quickly." he said as he sat back " but yeah I agree I'm sure Jess knows people who can help." he said just as she walked in the back door .

"sorry to interrupt, I do know some one in construction, his daughter had their first child and he offered anything to help replay their grand sons safe delivery , he was breech but we managed to move him so he came normally." she said and smiled " I already sent a letter and he wrote back , any materials we need he is willing to deliver and he ahs a crew of ten men and a muggle crane to help lift it, he also adds it has a bit of magic so it can hold more than normal." she chuckled handing Robert the latter with the letter head of 'Wendell Patterson construction and lumber' on it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:34 pm

"Well, it sounds like we have a tentative plan," Robert said. "I think I'm going to tuck into breakfast while it's still hot. Anybody else eating?"

"Of course," Edward said. "If you all want some, you'd bet get some before the kids get here. They're food vacuums."

"Oh! Speaking of guests," Angus said. He got up and plated some of the breakfast and plated it for the Fae and put it on the cheeseboard for them.

"You've got all of that down to a fine art, don't you?" Robert asked.

"They're no trouble at all," Angus said, "And I enjoy having them around."

"After breakfast, I'll check that little one that fell and make sure he's still doing well," Robert said.

"Say, do any of you have any particular skills in teaching broom riding skills? Anise needs someone who can help her get the knack of it. She's having a hard time keeping her broom level," Marcus asked.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:38 pm

Jack looked at Angus " he not here I stay on the ground" he said Jess chuckled and looked to Angus.

" I can teach her" she said with a smile " my teacher said I was very adept at broom riding, when shall I come and start her lesson?" she asked Ruby plated up the food and sent some over to Angus and Marcus knowing there would not be room at the table so it was eat on your knees day. Aria chuckled and nodded.

"no problems here I fell of on my second attempt" she said " besides I don't need a broom I can fly on my own" she said with a smile as she thanked Ruby for her plate and began to eat breakfast.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:48 pm

"Either after supper or on the weekends," Angus said. "They're at Evan's by seven, and they come home at about supper time every day. They normally stay at Evan's and don their homework with Faith and Evie before they come home. I appreciate it. She takes everything so seriously that if she feels like she's failing, she gets very upset."

"Those girls have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. They've gained all sorts of skills in a very short time," Robert said, as Angus and Marcus filled their plates. The kids came in, and they started filling their plates too.

"Ruby," Sam said, "The Poop Troop is awake upstairs, and they are beyond stinky this morning. Could smell 'em clear over in our room."

"That sounds ominous," Marcus laughed.

"Grandma to the rescue," Kate said, going upstairs.

"Better you than us," Victor told her.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:54 pm

Jess listened to Angus and nodded " weekends are good for me too" she said and smiled as Robert said it was nothing to be embarrassed about " Roberts right I had class mates that didn't get it until the fifth day of lessons. " she said " and don't worry I'll be taking it slow, starting with the basics and working up" she said " not too slow though" she added with a chuckle.

Ruby heard Victor and sighed but smiled as Kate said she would get the babies " thank you Kate" she said and smiled as she saw her head up to the nursery she chuckled at Victors words " come get breakfast guys" she said placing down plates for them.

" oh if your going over to McGregor's we made a tin of rolls for him there mixed flavours , chocolate cinnamon chocolate orange too, if you could take it over to him that would be great" she said and motioned to a tin on the counter with a red ribbon around it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:18 pm

"We'll do it," Edward said. "I'll take Simone with me. She's good with resistive people, so she can help me loosen him up."

"Excellent breakfast, you lot," Robert said.

"Glad you like it. Everyone helped. Oh, how is Micky working out?"

"He's bloody amazing," Robert said. "They're top notch, both of them. I am not going to let him go. I'll find something for him when Nicky and Shannon get back."

"Well, I had a thought," Angus said. "We should send them to Colorado, and let them live and cook there for our kiddos and our fighters. And, they can train some permanent cooks for the Paris headquarters and oversee that kitchen too."

"That's bloody brilliant," Robert said. "I'm gonna have to tell them about it anyway. I was restocking some of our mission wear, and I had the closet door open downstairs, and Mickey saw all the weapons and combat equipment and is rather wondering if I'm stocking up for some sort of a coupe, I think." That made Angus laugh.

"They'll be great with it. Mickey has always been a Gryffindor. His favorite book was Robin Hood, and he loved every chance in every role playing game we ever had to be a bad guy helping the good guys. He'll be on board in a heartbeat, and Trish will be right with him," Angus said. "He's always said he wanted a ghost kitchen or a restaurant called Sherwood Kitchen. Maybe now he can do it."

"I don't have to let him wear a green tunic and a bycocket, do I?" Robert asked.

"No, but don't be surprised if he asks," Angus laughed.

It was about ten minutes later, and Kate brought both babies downstairs and put them in the playpen for now. Both babies were immediately unhappy at being put down.

"You spoiled them, didn't you?" Robert scowled at Kate. "She likes doing my sparks spell for little ones. So now that she's put them down to get some breakfast for herself, they've figured out the show's over."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 83 of 100 Previous  1 ... 43 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 91 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top