A Birth day - Page 68
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 68 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 68 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:07 pm

Ruby looked up as she heard aperating and saw Marcus and smiled " thank you for brining him home" she said with a smile. She held Caprice in her arms who was holding out her arms calling for her dad. " By the way Marcus, Aria is upstairs, I think wouldn't be surprised if she flew out the window." she said holding Caprice on her feet she giggled and tried to walk to him but Ruby just held her in place.

Aria paced the floor hearing porting she walked to the top of the stairs and saw Marcus and Angus and heard her talk to them. " No, I stayed, I must be a glutton for punishment. " she said walking down and grabbing a cup of coffee for herself before she walked back up to the room " you want me you know where I am." she said with out looking at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:17 pm

"He's fine," Marcus said. "It was a tie, incidentally. Robert would prefer he cool it a little, though."

Evan had seen Aria go off to her room to pout, and he had seen Marcus and Angus go to run to blow off steam. He went outside and over to Tara.

"I think this is a bad time," he told her quietly. "I think we need to go. We can stay another time."

"Okay," Tara sighed. She whistled for Evie and Faith, and she motioned to them. Evan went into the house and said quietly to Angus.

"We're going to go. We'll catch you another time. Thanks for the invitation, but this isn't a good time, clearly. I hope things smooth out, and when she comes, you call me, okay? I'll stand with you..." Evan said.

"Ev, no, " Angus began.

"It's Fine, Bro," Evan smiled warmly, taking ahold of Tara's hand while Tara and the girls joined hands. Evan ported them out. Angus sighed heavily, frustrated. Now, Marcus was angry and frustrated.

"Excuse me," Marcus said, turning. He headed upstairs. "What's the problem?" he asked Aria quietly, angry, trying not to raise his voice.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 pm

Ruby listened to Even and sighed along with Angus as she walked over to him with a cup of tea " looks like a quiet night" she said placing it down a she saw and heard Marcus head up stairs knowing he was going to talk to Aria. " I'll give the babies a bit of a late night, or until the storm has passed " she said softly to him.

Aria stood in their room looking out over the grounds. She heard him talk but she didn't turn to face him. " no problem" she said sipping her coffee " no problem at all" she added now turning to look at him. " its just you always told me you never run head long into a fight with out knowing all the angles, but some angles can't be covered , that's why you take a spotter or backup, yes you said you'd ask for one .if you need it, but I've seen many good fighters, and people I care deeply about, go down because they didn't stop and think about situation first, I know, you've thought about it, you've fought her before , but stop and think about it, she knows you and your fighting style, you don't think she will be ready for you and Angus anticipate your moved and have something ready." she paused as she finished her coffee. " I know she will, I've watched her when she's fought you both." she placed her cup down on the night stand. she looked up at him "Even I know your angry because you have a tell, your voice goes quiet and you get all business, I can tell when you go for your wand you shift your stance slightly to your left." She walked over to him and stood facing him " my..problem, is that I don't want to watch again some one that I love fall in front of me, I've seen it once and it killed me as much as him." she told Marcus " now excuse me I need a flight and run" she said .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:47 pm

"She doesn't understand as much as she thinks she does," Angus sighed. "You've learned not to go along on every mission, and she really does need to learn that lesson. Even with as much training as she's had, his training wasn't necessarily better, but it was just different. There are going to be times when the assignments are entirely too violent and dangerous to take a lot of people on, especially missions that she might not have the training for. Her personal relationship with him does not grant her a carte blanche to go everywhere he goes. When she gets touchy like this and wants to go every place he goes, she scares the effing shit out of him."

"And you need to trust me to be able to know what jobs I can handle and which ones I can't," Marcus told Aria. "which ones I can take a partner or back up on, and which ones I just can't risk it with. I am not whoever you lost. I'm sorry that happened to you, but do give me a tad bit of credit. I do appreciate your concern, but even observant as you are, there are going to be places I go where I just don't bloody dare take you along. I trust you to know the things you're trained for, and I'd appreciate it if you trusted me for the things I specialize in."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:59 pm

Aria looked at Marcus as he spoke to her and she nodded " I do trust you, it's why I ask that you not to tell me when you do go" she said " because I will want to go with you, and I know that's not what you want." she paused and lowered her head to him. " it was my brother, my older brother, I lost him in that fight with Pricilla back in new Orleans, the day I met you." she softly told him. " I have, had two brothers, my youngest is a squib, married and living happily, my parents died in an explosion in the factory they were working in, I didn't find out till after because I was halfway around the world, but that's my past" she said " I talk about them because its my way of keeping them alive." she said.

Ruby looked at Angus and nodded " yep, some missions are just too dangerous for me to go, plus I have a lot to lose if anything happened, who would look after Caprice, she needs at lest one parent." she told him " Aria will learn that if she wants to stay both with Marcus and the organisation as you said she need to pick her missions and some are Marcus and you alone." Ruby said softly
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:15 am

"So we were sleeping together even then, and you chose not to tell me about it? As if your brother's death on a mission wasn't important? Lovely," Marcus sighed. He got out some clean clothes from the dresser. "I need to shower. It was a hard run, and I need to clean up. You'd better go enjoy your flight." He turned and headed into the bathroom, having no words left.

"I honestly don't know if Aria knows why," Angus said quietly to Ruby, "of all the Department of Mysteries workers past or present that Robert knows about or has the ability to access the personnel files of, Robert chose Marcus Belby and brought him all the way back from Bulgaria for, but I know what's in his resume because I was the one who vetted him when Robert wanted to hire him. His skills and his track record of espionage missions and of personal protections were then and are still completely unmatched. Marcus is very much aware of that, and he's also very much aware that he doesn't dare rest on his laurels. That's why he works hard and trains even harder.

"Michael's missions are to slip into dangerous places and either rescue someone or to steal something that will benefit our country in one way or another. In a lot of ways, Marcus's work was always the polar opposite of that. He was often hired to go in and 'eliminate threats and problems.' He was sent in to incapacitate a person's efforts or their devices or their plans or some other thing. Sometimes dark arts plans need to be wrecked, stolen, obliterated. They have both been the people that would quite willingly go as close to the portal of Hell as they could get without crossing the point of no return. They both weigh every single bloody choice along the way to make sure they have at least some tiny little pathway out to come home. And you know that sometimes that comes down to mere fractions of seconds. I can't honestly say I know if Aria understands that or is ready to deal with it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 am

Aria looked at Marcus as he spoke " I chose not to tell you because of the mission, I found out after it was all said and done" she said " there wasn't anything to tell you, we were new , should I have just said 'OH by the way my brother was shish kebabbed by that Psycho woman while we were saving Angus from a grave she put him in', I chose to put the mission first, and yes you should you stink" she said as she walked out the door and down to the back door. Stepping out she transfigured into her dove form and flew away.

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded she agreed. "I know, he's always been that way , cloak and dagger but more dagger than cloak and a damn good body guard to you, which I'm thankful for." she said with a smile " She'll get it , remember she's only been here a few months, give it a few years and she'll understand , lord knows I do now." she said

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:48 am

Marcus wanted to shout at her and say, "YES! When your brother is a member of our mission team and he dies on that mission, you bloody well speak up, especially when your brother keeps coming up in your head every single time I need to go on a mission, and especially when we've been back from that mission now for months. Surely you could have found a minute in the last several months to say something, and yet you didn't. YES! You should have told me!" But he didn't. Didn't say a syllable. He stayed silent, and he went to shower.

He got out of the shower, changed the sheets in the bedroom, set a cleaning spell in place, took the laundry downstairs and washed all his dirty laundry. He got out a glass and poured a couple inches of firewhiskey into it.

"Not polite to drink alone. Bring me one of those," Angus called to Marcus, wanting to just provide him a bit of support. Marcus poured him a glass and brought the bottle and both glasses. "You alright?"

"As much as I'm going to be," Marcus said.

"Go a little easy on her. She has a lot to learn yet about being on a team here. She's good at the tasks she knows. She needs some growing time," Angus said.

"Yeah. That's probably all there is to it," Marcus said, as the clock chimed five.

"The boys are going to be home soon," Angus told Ruby. "You need any help making the gravy for the crown roast or getting supper on the table?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:55 am

Ruby saw Marcus walk down and pick up the bottle of whisky she stood up leaving the seat next to Angus empty as he called Marcus over " no dear I got this" she said smiling a she walked over and began gathering everything for dinner together to start it cooking for when the boys walked in after work. Soon the house filled with the smell of cooking and the bacon gravy ready to pore over the roasts.

Aria flew around the grounds before landing on a branch close to the main house not wanting to enter just yet. After five minuets she landed on the ground and transfigured back but changed her clothes to running gear and headed to the track to run it. Reaching it she started running then picked up her speed not slowing down a she knew she wanted to run off the thoughts of Marcus going it alone against Pricilla. As she ran she saw the boys headed to the duplex after work but kept running.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:16 am

"Okay. Tell me if I can help, though," Angus said. "In the meantime, I think I'm going to get rid of the diaper stench." He got out a couple clean diapers and change the diapers on both babies and threw the dirty diapers out, and then he fed them both and gave them each a small bottle of cool water to drink. "They're good for now, I think," he told Ruby.

The boys came home, and they knew they both needed to head upstairs to clean up. They showered after having mucked stalls all and then used the 'fertilizer' in the kitchen garden and took some over for the garden remodel behind the duplex. Now, they wanted to get the smell of the 'fertilizer' off them before they ate. It toko them a few minutes but they came down looking and smelling a good deal better.

The girls came in, silent now because they were very disappointed that Evan and Tara and the girls hadn't gotten to stay for supper, largely because Aria's behaviors made Evan and his family feel like they weren't welcome. It wasn't their position to say anything or to treat Aria differently. They had finished their homework, and they went to Angus quietly.

"Could we go stay tonight with Evie and Faith?" Anise asked.

"If Evan says you can, I'll take you," Angus said quietly. "Or I'm sure..."

"We'll take them. It's not hard or long. We'll do it," Marcus said.

"Can we do the floo call? We need the practice," Ginger said.

"Use the floo in our bedroom upstairs," Angus nodded. The girls raced upstairs to make their floo call.

"You know Evan will certainly say yes," Angus told Ruby. "I think its fine, though. They've had a tough day. Perhaps some unwinding in Tuscany will be good for them." Marcus saw Finn wanted to go out, and he went to the door to let him out and brought in the evening paper. He looked at the headline.

"Well, this is going to disappoint them," Marcus said, handing the paper to Angus and pointing to an article on the bottom half of the front page.

"Attack by Shapeshifter at Beauxbatons' Academy Causes Cancellation of Spring Ball," Angus read. "Damn. That was my fault. I'm gonna have to somehow make it up to them."

"You didn't do it. That was Priscilla. You saved them from having dead students."

"It was to lure me out because the girls go to school there," Angus said. "I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't gone."

"With a fruitcake like Priscilla? She'd have killed students til you showed up," Marcus said. "We made the right call. And if Robert had thought for one moment that we shouldn't have gone, he'd not have sent us."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top