A Birth day - Page 66
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 66 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 66 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:03 pm

Aria looked at Simone and shook her head " nope he and Marcus have gone to get the temp chefs for the main house" she said hearing that Edward was going around the house she nodded " I should do that too" she said and headed back to the main house checking all charms and strengthening others she soon heard voices and walked down the stairs ." good to see you home" she said smiling as Minos flew to Angus.

Lucian was stood outside with the men as they wanted to fidget but one glance from him and they stood still again. Hearing Roberts voice even he jumped on the spot " shit Robert "he said then looked at the men who looked straight ahead. Once Robert stopped talking and he saw the pause he chuckled " that means get the hell off my property and back to work, now get" he said as each ported out. Turning to Robert he looked at him " I kept them from doing too much damage." he said but Jack scoffed and he looked at him " I'll come back tomorrow and replant every flower they stood un" he told him and Jack nodded." wish I could have caught that order before it got out." he added " tell Angus good work at the school and not to worry about any more visits I'll nip that quick" he added and ported out himself.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:21 pm

"Looks like they're gone," Marcus said. Edward released the enchantments on the doors and windows on the duplex. Marcus sat down with some paper and a pen and wrote a note and sent it through the floo.

"So, now that the crisis is over, introduce us," Edward said. Angus made quick introductions, and he told them that he and Mickey and Trish all went to culinary school together. She had specialized as a pastry chef but she could do almost anything.

"So who was that loud guy outside?" Trish asked.

"That would be your employer--This estate belongs to Brian Quinn and his wife Khaat Lupin, and your boss is her father--Robert Lupin...." Angus said.

"Nooooo. Not THE Robert Lupin..." Mickey said.

"Well, I don't know of another," Angus laughed. "You'll get to know he is far more down to earth than you've been led to believe."

"I knew it had to be someone important for a private chef gig, but I didn't expect to go straight to the top."

"Just make sure you know how to do down to earth comfort food, and you'll be alright," Angus said.

"We can do that," Trish agreed. "How finicky are they...really?"

"They're not. They're far more flexible than you think," Angus said. "Stop being so nervous. How about I take you over to the main house, and you can get settled, find your way around, and give some thought to what you're going to fix them for supper?"

"Yeah, that would be good," Mickey nodded.

"I'll be back," Angus said to the others. He took Trish and Mickey next door and introduced them to Robert and Kate and then returned. "They'll be fine. I left them in good hands," Angus told them. "Now, we need to see to lunch."

"I'm a half a step ahead of you. I ordered everyone a salmungundi--what the Americans would call an Asian chicken salad."

"They're large individual salads with a lot of greens, vegetables, and Asian chicken, served with an Asian dressing. You'll like it," Angus told them.

"Should be here any time. Everyone can just take a takeaway container, and it should have it all inside. And yes, I ordered a meatless one for each Fae. We'll just shrink them for them," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:31 pm

Ruby looked at Angus as he walked Trish and Mickey from their side to Edwards side then returned " and now your going to let Marcus sort that dressing before you ruin that shirt." Ruby said placing the med kit beside him on a table. She moved to the kitchen and took out the roasts from the oven perfectly cooked and placed them on the counter to cool down. that sounds wonderful" she said hearing about the salads he had ordered for every one " I think the fae will love it" she said as she placed down plates and cutlery on the table ready/

Aria picked up a book and sat down breathing out the tension she felt and letting go of the worry she'd had now back home and both men were safe. She smiled seeing the girls head down to their rooms to change out of their uniform. " so that a typical school day or what?" she asked with a smirk.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:38 pm

"I'll get some sodas out. Let's just make it simple," Marcus said, getting out some sodas and put them out on the table. "Come grab a container and a fork and a soda, Everyone." Marcus shrank the meatless salads and delivered them to the cheeseboard for the fae. Marcus explained it to them, and they seemed delighted and grateful.

"Can we eat first before we tend the dressings?" Angus asked Marcus.

"Yeah. I'll get the stains out when we tend the wound. It'll be fine," Marcus said.

"God, these salads are great," Evan said.

"And it doesn't look hard to do either," Tara said.

"They're not," Angus said. "And there's only about a million ways to do them."

"Oh, is that all?" she laughed.

"If this is a typical school day, I'm glad we're homeschooling," Ginger told Aria, laughing.

"You realize what this really means, right?" Angus asked.

"No. What?" Ginger asked.

"More dueling practice," he replied. All four girls moaned, not wanting to think about it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:43 pm

Ruby looked at Marcus as he said they would do the dressing after they had eaten and she breathed out in relief as Angus put the sodas down on the table. Sitting she heard Even and Tara talking and chuckled when Angus said there were thousands of ways to make it.

Aria heard the girls and chuckled " guess so" she said then laughed as they were told more practice in duelling for them " hey practice makes perfect" she said " we all had to do it and I'm still doing it" she said with a smile as she ate. Pausing in her eating she waved her hand to undo the charm that stopped any one not living there walking it. " sorry forgot about the charm" she said before continuing eating.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 am

Angus ate til he had had his fill, but he was leaving more than he usually did. Marcus set what was left of his salad aside.

"Come on. Let's go check the dressing. I'm sure you'd rather get out of that suit anyway," Marcus said. He took Angus upstairs, changed the dressing and helped him change. Then Marcus slipped him a dose of pain potion and tended the bloodstain on the button down Angus had been wearing. "Better?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah."

"You were so caught up in looking out for the girls that you didn't actually realize you were in pain. I doubt Robert had thoughts of you doing all the activity you've done. You should cool it for this afternoon before he grounds you or something."

"Can't. I have things to do," Angus said. "I have mashed potatoes to make, a gravy for the potatoes and the roast, the dressing for the spinach salad, the shaved and sauteed brussels, and some fresh whipped cream to go on the sherbet for dessert."

"And you have three very capable women who could take care of those in far less time than it would take you to do it. Tell them you could use their help. They'll be happy to step in for you. And besides, that gives Tara time to spoil the babies, gives the girls time to work on their homework, and gives Evan time to get to know the Fae. That's what they all really want to do anyway, and that leaves you without hosting duties."

"I'll think about it," Angus said, leaving the bedroom and going downstairs. He poured himself a cup of tea from the pot that Evan had made, and he sat down in his chair. Evan finished his lunch and went to go get to know the Fae. Tara had fixed some pureed sweet potatoes and some carrots and was feeding the babies, delighted with the chance to do it.

"Can we go outside?" Anise asked Angus.

"Certainly. Just stay out of trouble, won't you?"

"Always," Anise said. She and Ginger took Evie and Faith and went outside.

"Angus could use some help finishing his crown roast meal for supper," Marcus told Ruby and Aria. "If you don't mind. He needs to sit for a bit."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:15 am

Ruby saw Marcus take Angus upstairs to clean him up and change his bandage. She finished her food and set to clear up the dishes placing them all in the washer and set it going. Seeing Angus coming back down and hearing Marcus she smiled as did Aria " of course" she said " I was wondering when you'd ask" she added then nodded to Marcus " please see he does, he needs it" she said as she took out the potatoes to start mashed potatoes while Aria started the whipping the cream to go on the sherbet for dessert.

" you and I both know he'll worry until its finished" Aria said as she whipped the cream knowing Angus hand premade the sorbet earlier. Now done she placed it in the fridge and started the gravy to go over the roasts. " now rest we have this in hand" she said then looked to Marcus " I'm betting he needed some pain potion after that hit?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 am

"He wasn't going to ask," Marcus laughed, seeing that Angus had slipped into a light doze. "I honestly don't think he realized he needed some pain potion, but I think most people would understand that wounds like that hurt like the devil. So, yes, I gave him some pain potion. He says he needs the hot bacon dressing fixed too, and he has some brussels he wanted to shave thin and sauté. Or at least that's what he told me he needed yet to do. One thing about Gryffindors, they're relentless protectors. I doubt you could have found a more dedicated protector, because he's pretty darned relentless, that's for sure."

"Got that from his gran," Edward said.

"And, I daresay, from his granddad too," Marcus said. "From what I've seen, he did learn some things from his gran, but I think he has always taken his cues from you. In case you've forgotten, I was there the night you killed Angus' mother and your own son to protect Angus."

"No. I killed two werewolves," Edward said. "The humans that they were didn't exist in that moment. I didn't have a choice."

"Still, that was your firstborn son, and you only had a fraction of a moment to decide. You never hesitated though. You protected Angus. That was a damned horrendous choice to have to make."

"It wasn't that hard in the moment. If I have anything in this life that I'm proud of, I'm proud of the man he's become. No thanks to his father," Edward said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 am

Aria chuck softly and looked over at Angus " yes prideful that one" she said knowing it was a Gryffindor trait and chuckled " yeah, we'll get on that I'm sure Ruby knows how to do that and she glanced over at her .

"yes I do" she said and smiled " thank for giving him the potion Marcus" Ruby said as she finished the potatoes and began on the bacon dressing for the sprouts that she was preparing as they spoke. Ruby cooked up bacon cubes she had found already prepared she added olive oil, Red onion, Sugar lastly she added Vinegar then let it cool placing it in a Tupperware container she placed it in the fridge and cleaned down the area " all done" she said softly to Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 am

"Thank you," Marcus said quietly. "And it looks like Evan has a new friend." He gestured to Evan who was sitting at the desk and intently playing a game with Minos. "Ever see that game before? It's Mancala. It looks like Angus' travel board, but Evan didn't fully resize it. It's only partway so that Minos can move his own stones. They've been at it for quite awhile now, and it looks like they're both having a great time, like they're old mates. The rest of the Fae went back out to the garden to work, but these two are very busy in a contest of wits, I think. Since you don't need me, I'm going to go out and lend a hand in the garden. If you need something, give a shout, and I'll be straight back in." He got up and went outside to work with the garden crew."

Angus slept for the next thirty minutes or so, and he woke, yawning, got up and poured himself some tea and took the mug and went outside to check on the girls. He didn't see them. He resisted the urge to be concerned. These were almost fully grown women. He had to give them a little credit. He walked around the house, and then he saw them. They were back in the gazebo in the tea garden working on their homework. Breathing just a wee bit easier, he relaxed. Going back to the front of the house, he saw Mickey in Kate's kitchen garden, and he seemed to be picking herbs. Angus went over to him.

"How's it going?"

"Good. Fine," Mickey said. "Going to make a fresh pesto sauce for some chicken and fresh pasta. Just a question though."

"Sure. Shoot."

"There's a talking stick. Well, a chirping stick. What am I supposed to do with it?" Mickey asked.

"Stick? Oh! Looks like a twig, does it?"

"Yeah. A moving, sentient, chirping stick."

"You've never seen a bowtruckle, Mate?"

"A what?"

"Didn't do well in magical creatures, did you?"

"No. Skipped that class, actually."

"You're going to have a lot to learn, then," Angus laughed. "Bowtruckles are harmless. His name is Fudge."

"You have more critters here?"

"Oh, you dont' know the half of it," Angus said. "We'll have to show you around. But, for the moment. The jar on the counter in there labled Fudge? Those aren't sprinkles for sundaes. Those are dried rolly polly bugs for the talking twigs."

"Oh, God. Dried bugs. On the countertop," Mickey sighed.

"In an airtight jar. They're not contaminating anything. Get a grip."

"Oh, and you might want to get one yourself. If you're going to have a girlfriend, you might want to tell her not to send letters to you here. I ran interferance for you with one that came a little bit ago."

"What girlfriend? There isn't anyone in my life now but Ruby," Angus said. Mickey handed him a letter, a pink envelope that smelled like way too much patchouli. He opened the letter. He read it, and as he did, his blood ran cold. "Thanks, Mick. I'll see you later," Angus said, stuffing the letter in his pocket. He turned and walked away. As he walked across the yard, he saw Jack.

"Hey, can we talk a minute--away from all them?" he asked quietly. He walked a few paces away from the others. "I just got a letter. Mickey said it was just delivered to the main house. It's from Priscilla. And it sure smells like her stinky perfume. She says she's out already, and she's going to be coming when I least expect it. I don't think we need to go into a crisis state, but I thought you might want to know that she's openly saying she's going to be coming here uninvited."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top